Ohio CAGs...UNITE!

• Please log in to reply
1059 replies to this topic

#1021 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Fellow Cincy CAG, where can I find GBA games? Looking for anything Pokemon, had no luck at Game Swap or Half Price Books (Mason).

#1022 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Any good retro games stores/flea market vendors in the Akron area? I know of The Exchange chain, and GameSurge in Ellet, but that's all I have. Anything within say... an hour's drive is game.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1023 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Anyone from the Cincinnati area interested in buying a gaming PC? I am trying to sell my old rig to get my wife off my back about going over when I built my new set. Help a guy out. I am negotiable.
http://cincinnati.cr...3611916588.html

#1024 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

Fellow Cincy CAG, where can I find GBA games? Looking for anything Pokemon, had no luck at Game Swap or Half Price Books (Mason).

You are a ways away but 2nd and Charles in Kettering has Pokemon games much of the time. I've seen them with and without their cases but mostly without. They also give some pretty insane credit on trade-ins on nearly everything - instruments, games, movies, etc.

#1025 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Anyone from the Cincinnati area interested in buying a gaming PC? I am trying to sell my old rig to get my wife off my back about going over when I built my new set. Help a guy out. I am negotiable.
http://cincinnati.cr...3611916588.html

If I could sell my Lumia 920 I would consider getting that. I'll keep it in mind.

#1026 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

So anyone here in an active Steam Cincy Gamers group? I see a few, but they seem to be dead. My wife and I play a lot of games together, lately DoTA2 and TF2, and it could be fun to group up with some locals.

#1027 VGMXman

VGMXman

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

VGMX is having another large sale this weekend!
50% Off all of the following used items (this excludes our counter games):
Xbox 360 Games
PS3 Games
Wii Games
DS Games
GameCube Games
Xbox Games
PS2 Games
GameBoy Games
GameBoy Advance Games
DVDs
CDs

Blu-Rays are Buy 2 Get 1 FREE!

Sale lasts until close on Sunday (9PM).

#1028 Ilario7886

Ilario7886

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Wanted to ask the same question of the top poster on this page. Anyone know of anything in the Akron/Canton area that is good for retro stuff?

#1029 billymcdugal

billymcdugal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

So anyone here in an active Steam Cincy Gamers group? I see a few, but they seem to be dead. My wife and I play a lot of games together, lately DoTA2 and TF2, and it could be fun to group up with some locals.

i play those two games relatively frequently and I'm in the Columbus area. I've been wanting to get into team games in DOTA so feel free to msg me your steam name and i can msg you sometime.

#1030 DoctorNick

DoctorNick

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Wanted to ask the same question of the top poster on this page. Anyone know of anything in the Akron/Canton area that is good for retro stuff?

I'm looking as well, live right near U of A, and besides The Exchange I haven't found anywhere I can grab a 32x or Sega CD. They hardly even have games for them let alone the consoles. If I find anything I'll post in here, let me know if you guys find something good. I'm searching for mostly SNES/Saturn/CD/32x stuff, but I'm always open to good deals on other older systems.

#1031 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'm looking as well, live right near U of A, and besides The Exchange I haven't found anywhere I can grab a 32x or Sega CD. They hardly even have games for them let alone the consoles. If I find anything I'll post in here, let me know if you guys find something good. I'm searching for mostly SNES/Saturn/CD/32x stuff, but I'm always open to good deals on other older systems.

My buddy and I go up to Akron every Feb or March for the Ohio Pinball show. There is a place called Buybacks in the area that we always go to. They have older games and systems......now some of the prices for stuff seem high....but not everything. Have found a number of good deals Theresa well. Maybe check that out?

#1032 DoctorNick

DoctorNick

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

My buddy and I go up to Akron every Feb or March for the Ohio Pinball show. There is a place called Buybacks in the area that we always go to. They have older games and systems......now some of the prices for stuff seem high....but not everything. Have found a number of good deals Theresa well. Maybe check that out?

I know exactly what place you're talking about. Sadly their selection is always extremely small, I will stop in whenever I head up towards the mall but don't get in there more than two or three times a month. I have never seen a Saturn/CD/32x or games their though :(

#1033 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Any good places in the Cincinnati/Dayton area to shop around for games? I use to have some luck with random stops but not much recently, so trying to see if anyone knows any good places. Thanks

#1034 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Buybacks is a joke; I went there a week or two ago and they wanted $45 for a used copy of Fire Emblem Awakening when I could've got a new copy next door at either The Exchange or Best Buy for $40. The rest of their prices have been just as bad every time I go in.

There are a couple of stores on the west side of Cleveland I haven't checked out yet; The Game Rack in Goodyear Heights, and Gamesurge in Ellet that I've found local, but nothing else. Met a couple of guys who are looking to start a place called Out of the Box Collectibles in the Canton area, but they don't have a location yet.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1035 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

South Dayton CAG here (Miamisburg, Springboro, Dayton Mall). It seems like most mom and pop stores in the area can't compete with Best Buy anymore locally. Shops like second time around by UD and Disc Exchange still appear to thrive but miss the mark on current gen in terms of delivering in price. GameSwap may be the exception but I've only been once. They do have Facebook page and sometimes post games there. While more so miss than hit, The Dayton Mall area did just get a new Five Below which can sometimes carry a couple of titles (had no luck in Beavercreek location).

I'd love to see what Dayton CAG's are finding on the Target clearance racks. It would be awesome to get a report from each weekly (I can cover Dayton Mall).

#1036 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm working on getting a Gamestop in Cleveland (Steelyard Dr) to transfer a game to me in Tampa, but in case it doesn't work, would anyone in the area be willing to pick up & ship a $15 game for me if I give them an additional $15 to cover gas/postage?

538822.png

#1037 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

what game are you looking for? I don't live down there but if there's one near me I'll grab it for you.

55877.png
563306.png

#1038 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Unfortunately the store in Cleveland is the only one in the country that has it. I called them up and they told me the manager refuses to do store transfers. I sent an email to the district manager, but I probably wont hear back for a few days.

538822.png

#1039 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

South Dayton CAG here (Miamisburg, Springboro, Dayton Mall). It seems like most mom and pop stores in the area can't compete with Best Buy anymore locally. Shops like second time around by UD and Disc Exchange still appear to thrive but miss the mark on current gen in terms of delivering in price. GameSwap may be the exception but I've only been once. They do have Facebook page and sometimes post games there. While more so miss than hit, The Dayton Mall area did just get a new Five Below which can sometimes carry a couple of titles (had no luck in Beavercreek location).

I'd love to see what Dayton CAG's are finding on the Target clearance racks. It would be awesome to get a report from each weekly (I can cover Dayton Mall).

I somewhat agree. However, I think that GameSwap has some great deals - mainly because I purchase HD DVDs and Dreamcast games. Other than that, 2nd Time Around, in Kettering, has some amazing trade-in values on nearly everything you can bring in there - games, books, musical instruments, etc. etc. and some of their prices are not too bad. Just something to think about...

#1040 Cromzz

Cromzz

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hey, Northside Columbus / Westerville CAG here. Game On Ohio is offering $1 for every A on your report card, amongst other deals.

You can see the deals here on their Facebook page.

PSN ID: JCromzz

3DS Friend Code: 4184 2120 4801

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Animal Crossing:  New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land

#1041 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hey, Northside Columbus / Westerville CAG here. Game On Ohio is offering $1 for every A on your report card, amongst other deals.

Where is Game On Ohio?  I go to Otterbein and have never heard of that place.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1042 Cromzz

Cromzz

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

The closest ones to you would be on West Broad and South High (South High is closer) both in Columbus. There are other ones in Grove City, Pickerington, Chillicothe, and Westpointe, and there used to be one in Mill Run.

PSN ID: JCromzz

3DS Friend Code: 4184 2120 4801

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Animal Crossing:  New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land

#1043 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

The closest ones to you would be on West Broad and South High (South High is closer) both in Columbus. There are other ones in Grove City, Pickerington, Chillicothe, and Westpointe, and there used to be one in Mill Run.

Sweet, I'll have to check it out in the fall when school starts.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1044 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Anyone in driving distance to Columbus, this is next weekend:

http://www.originsgamefair.com/

It's not so much videogames as Pen and Paper/Board game/card game sort of stuff, but I know a lot of CAGs play those so figured I'd toss it out there. I'll be there on Friday or Saturday, haven't decided yet. Look for someone in a fur striped top hat and possibly matching mask.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#1045 smitherton

smitherton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

Newark, Ohio in the house. So does anyone go to video trader/trading zone?

I am in Heath, so yeah I will stop in there every so often myself!

#1046 Daegonett

Daegonett

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Did you try the GameSwap in Tri-County? They usually have a ruby, sapphire or leafgreen laying around.

#1047 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Target finds seems to be few and far between recently. I did pick up some 1600 MS Points card for half off at the Feedwire Rd store a few weeks ago.

#1048 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

CAG from Fairview Park, OH - just saw this on Craigslist and thought I would share.  Probably not gonna be great but who knows.  Too far for me.  July 28th.

http://cleveland.cra...3905273704.html

If the link doesn't work, search Cosmic Con Video Game Convention on Craigslist.  Show is in Akron but appeared in my Cleveland search.

#1049 juubei1i

juubei1i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

fyi - for those asking about video game stores in NE Ohio, Cleveland, maybe Akron area, here are a few.  Best to call before visiting. 

It's About Games  (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
5130 Pearl Rd. (corner of Pearl & Brookpark)
Cleveland, Ohio 44129
216-351-6620

I can't vouch for them, cause I've never been there (but will check it out). I think they have sales sometimes.

Video Game Connection  (near Cleveland Zoo) (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
4824 Memphis Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44144
216-741-7005

I have been there once and they have a large variety of games for most platforms IMO.  I didn't buy anything cause I was looking for something specific and don't usually buy used games.  Don't know if prices are good but there are occasional sales.

Also, not a video game store but BIG FUN vintage toy store on border of Cleveland and Lakewood (haven't been to the other Coventry store in many years) also has some vintage SNES stuff and maybe others.  Games will most likely be overpriced and very used but maybe you'll get lucky.  Always fun to walk through hallways full of 80's Star Wars, GI JOE and Transformers among others.  They have a website, just google them.

#1050 DoctorNick

DoctorNick

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

fyi - for those asking about video game stores in NE Ohio, Cleveland, maybe Akron area, here are a few.  Best to call before visiting. 

It's About Games  (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
5130 Pearl Rd. (corner of Pearl & Brookpark)
Cleveland, Ohio 44129
216-351-6620

I can't vouch for them, cause I've never been there (but will check it out). I think they have sales sometimes.

Video Game Connection  (near Cleveland Zoo) (can be found on Cleveland Craigslist)
4824 Memphis Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44144
216-741-7005

I have been there once and they have a large variety of games for most platforms IMO.  I didn't buy anything cause I was looking for something specific and don't usually buy used games.  Don't know if prices are good but there are occasional sales.

Also, not a video game store but BIG FUN vintage toy store on border of Cleveland and Lakewood (haven't been to the other Coventry store in many years) also has some vintage SNES stuff and maybe others.  Games will most likely be overpriced and very used but maybe you'll get lucky.  Always fun to walk through hallways full of 80's Star Wars, GI JOE and Transformers among others.  They have a website, just google them.

Hey, I live in Akron and wanted to leave some info about a few of those places.  First I plan on going to that Video Game Convention on July 28th.  After the last one I went to though I don't expect to find much (it promised a lot and offered a fraction of that in terms of selection).

It's About Games:  Hate to say bad things about any kind of store but this place was absolute shit.  Very tiny selection of retro, moderate selection of current/last gen but the prices aren't very competitive (most would be cheaper at gamestop!).  My highlight of visiting this store was when I asked if they had Sega Saturn/CD games and was told "we don't deal with those shitty systems".  Horrible customer service with a mediocre selection for me, as I prefer retro gaming, means I will never be wasting my time going back.  I did walk out with a markered up copy of Mario is Missing for SNES for $10.

Video Game Connection is definitely better than It's About Games, however still nothing fantastic unless you live nearby.  They have a decent selection of games for most systems (not much in obscure titles, I noticed a few CD/Jaguar/Saturn games there) and the prices are okay.  Not quite eBay prices but not very competitive compared to smaller shops or even the Exchange stores around here.  My only real complaint is pretty much everything is on shelves about a foot or two behind the counter so if you're trying to just browse for titles to pick up it's a pain in the ass.  However if you're going for something specific I would call ahead and they will probably have it.  They had a pretty big selection of NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari, and current gen games although I didn't look at prices on any of the new stuff.  If you live nearby I'd check it out, but I probably won't be going back there any time in the future as it is almost an hour away.

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to give some collectors like myself some helpful tips before you waste a day driving around and turning up nothing :(