• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#31 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:06 AM

I hit Target:

On the discount encap near the pet supplies, they have a few copies of "Feel the Magic: XY XX" for $10. They also had two copies of Darkstalkers for PSP for $15.

The video games endcap had a few GC titles for $15 (Winnie the Pooh, and some Greatest Hits type stuff, nothing great) There were more copies of "Feel the Magic" there as well.

The bin at KB Glenbrook was wiped out, 4 or 5 Xbox sports titles left.

EB in the mall looks like they marked down some GBA games to clearance, put a bunch of carts into the $9.99 - $15.99 range. They're probably listed in the that thread on the main part of the messageboard.

KB had a bin ??? when i went there the first day they only had a small table with junk on it
WOOOO I STINK

#32 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:43 PM

KB had a bin ??? when i went there the first day they only had a small table with junk on it

That's always what I see at EB, with games that are still overpriced. That's why, I stopped bothering going in there.
Posted Image

#33 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:05 AM

I usually check out the EB at JP, I used to work there nights after my day job...that was about 2 yrs ago, right after they opened. Sherri is the manager there. She's normally pretty good. She's expressed some interest about posting deals on here, but she's not so computer savvy. Of course the company sets the prices, so sometimes it's good deals, and sometimes it sucks. I get the Edge card for $5 and tend to haunt the used bins and GBA stuff.

Today's find -I scored a MS Sidewinder stick for $1.50 at Goodwill.
Goodwill on Jefferson had:
Metroid Prime for $5 and $10, new (yes two different prices).
A Wingman stick for $15.
Some Yugioh game and Tron2.0 for GBA for $5 each.
They had a used copy of Sims2 PC, I think it was $10.
A copy of...um...I can't remember the name...horror survival game about kids in a high school...for $4.50, used.

A handful of Colecovision and Atari carts, and 1 stray Tengen NES title for $0.50 to $3.00.
The games are all up front in the case or a bin.

They also had an accessory pack and some charging stand/attachable speakers for PSP for $15 each, on a shelf in the front.

WalMart has some 3pk of racing games for $10, near the games case on an endcap, It was Ford Racing 3 and two other titles I wasn't familiar with...for PSP.

#34 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:32 AM

I usually check out the EB at JP, I used to work there nights after my day job...that was about 2 yrs ago, right after they opened. Sherri is the manager there. She's normally pretty good. She's expressed some interest about posting deals on here, but she's not so computer savvy. Of course the company sets the prices, so sometimes it's good deals, and sometimes it sucks. I get the Edge card for $5 and tend to haunt the used bins and GBA stuff.

Yup, I definitely know Sherri. I saw her right around when EB opened and I still see her today. I remember that EB getting a used copy of Gitaroo Man and Valkyrie Profile in, when they first opened (for a good price), and I bought them. I see her just about everytime I got to EB and I've bought multiple games from her. I believe she recognizes me. When there was a deal to trade in three games, and get GT4 for free, I was the one who asked her about the deal, and she didn't know. I ended up bringing her a receipt from some CAG member printed off, then she tested to see if the deal worked, and it did. She was pretty surprised too.

Today's find -I scored a MS Sidewinder stick for $1.50 at Goodwill.
Goodwill on Jefferson had:
Metroid Prime for $5 and $10, new (yes two different prices).
A Wingman stick for $15.
Some Yugioh game and Tron2.0 for GBA for $5 each.
They had a used copy of Sims2 PC, I think it was $10.
A copy of...um...I can't remember the name...horror survival game about kids in a high school...for $4.50, used.

A handful of Colecovision and Atari carts, and 1 stray Tengen NES title for $0.50 to $3.00.
The games are all up front in the case or a bin.

I donate stuff to Goodwill all the time, but I never actually went in there. Maybe I should, when I go back home over Thanksgiving break.
Posted Image

#35 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:35 AM

Yup, I definitely know Sherri. I saw her right around when EB opened and I still see her today. I remember that EB getting a used copy of Gitaroo Man and Valkyrie Profile in, when they first opened (for a good price), and I bought them. I see her just about everytime I got to EB and I've bought multiple games from her. I believe she recognizes me. When there was a deal to trade in three games, and get GT4 for free, I was the one who asked her about the deal, and she didn't know. I ended up bringing her a receipt from some CAG member printed off, then she tested to see if the deal worked, and it did. She was pretty surprised too.

I donate stuff to Goodwill all the time, but I never actually went in there. Maybe I should, when I go back home over Thanksgiving break.

shes hot too : )
WOOOO I STINK

#36 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:43 AM

shes hot too : )

Oh course.

I remember, Babbages use to have a few hot girls work there, but they didn't stay long.:(
Posted Image

#37 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:35 AM

Hah. Yeah, if you find a weird deal like that, it'll usually work. EB is really weird about how they distribute the news of new promos...they'll be running 3 or 4 at a time and they overlap. They send all the messages to the stores where they print from e-mail to this log book...so it's really easy to miss one of them when it comes across. (dumb...e-mail only available as hard copy)

As for Goodwill, They get games from Target when they go off discount there. Target dumps them to Goodwill after they leave the endcap discount. There's a thread on the main page about it.

#38 TurkeyOnRye

TurkeyOnRye

Hey? Is this velvet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hey you Bloomington guys... is there any good places to snoop around at the 3rd St. Exit coming off of 37? I usually meet my business partner there and then we head up to the main office in Indy from there. I know I have to go that way Monday so I thought I might ask.

After that... for the rest of the month, I'm stuck at the Paoli CVS doing Part D stuff :(

cagsig30zt.jpg
"Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know how much God hates that." - Ol' Drippy

$1 X-Box One!  Join the referral conga line!

$1 PS4!  Join the referral conga line!

#39 WrestleCrap'sRD

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

For any Indianapolis folk, the Target on Southport ususally has some good clearance stuff. It's never by the video games, though, always down by the CD players and stuff. I saw Darkstalkers PSP there for $15 a couple days ago. I passed, as I was hoping to find Mercury on the cheap instead...

RD
Check out the WORST of Pro Wrestling at WrestleCrap.com!
http://www.wrestlecrap.com/

#40 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

You: Harm / Us: Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

Hey you Bloomington guys... is there any good places to snoop around at the 3rd St. Exit coming off of 37? I usually meet my business partner there and then we head up to the main office in Indy from there. I know I have to go that way Monday so I thought I might ask.

I wish I could help but the only major game store chains in the area are pretty much...well, Best Buy and EBGames further down 3rd Street where 45 cuts across 3rd. I don't think there are any independent stores down in the direction you normally head but I'm still sort of new here and I tend to mostly spend my time around the College Mall area (lack of car = lack of adventure).

If I happen to hear anything in particular or if I end up walking down that way soon (I may hit the downtown Bloomington area tomorrow after class. Yes, class on Saturday...), I'll let you know if I find anything and if it's feasible to visit.

#41 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:44 PM

Target Update - This is the one at Glenbrook. Was in there this morning.

On the clearance isle down past the CD's near pet supplies:
2 x Darkstalkers PSP - $15
2 or 3 copies of Feel the Magic & Ping Pals for DS - $10
1 copy Final Fantasy: Tatics for GBA -$12.99 (I think...maybe 14)

On the games endcap, plenty of copies of Sprung, Ping Pals, and Feel the Magic all for $10.

#42 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:27 AM

If I had a PSP, I'd buy Darkstalkers in an instant. The Glenbrook Target normally doesn't have as many clearance games, compared to the one on Maplecrest IMO (when I'm up on the side of town).
Posted Image

#43 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:42 AM

glenbrook target had those darkstalkers since nov 1
WOOOO I STINK

#44 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

Bloomington, IN Target had two copies of Darkstalkers for $15 in stock as of Monday, November 7.

Warning: They moved the Clearance section again for the second time in the past week. It's now on the end of aisle section as you head from Games over towards Food on the other side of the store. Just keep your eyes focused on the right hand side, right after the end of aisle display for the cheap crap musical instruments.

#45 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:08 AM

The local Family Video here in Evansville have had a great sale on for the past couple of weeks. They are selling their ex-rental games at $9.99 each. (which isn't bad considering the store has only been open a couple of months, so the condition of the games are pretty good)

I grabbed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Gran Turismo 4. They also had Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, Call Of Duty Finest Hour, Dead To Rights II, Goldeneye Rogue Agent, Brothers In Arms (first one) and a few other good games for the PS2.

I noticed they also had Halo 2, NFSU2 and Merceneries for X-Box and Picmin 2 for the Cube. (I don't own those systems, so I can't say if they had more)

Unfortunately they put the sale on their big sign on the main road so a lot of the titles could be gone now. Just thought I would pass on the info

#46 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:40 AM

I wish I could help but the only major game store chains in the area are pretty much...well, Best Buy and EBGames further down 3rd Street where 45 cuts across 3rd. I don't think there are any independent stores down in the direction you normally head but I'm still sort of new here and I tend to mostly spend my time around the College Mall area (lack of car = lack of adventure).

If I happen to hear anything in particular or if I end up walking down that way soon (I may hit the downtown Bloomington area tomorrow after class. Yes, class on Saturday...), I'll let you know if I find anything and if it's feasible to visit.

Yeah, there really isn't anything here beyond the standard chain stores. The only luck you might have is visiting a few of the local pawn shops in the area.

#47 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:41 AM

Big Lots -

I've been to two different stores that have:
The Thing, and Dead to Rights for PC for $3.99, this is in Ft. Wayne, YMMV.

#48 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

The local Family Video here in Evansville have had a great sale on for the past couple of weeks. They are selling their ex-rental games at $9.99 each. (which isn't bad considering the store has only been open a couple of months, so the condition of the games are pretty good)

I grabbed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Gran Turismo 4. They also had Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban, Call Of Duty Finest Hour, Dead To Rights II, Goldeneye Rogue Agent, Brothers In Arms (first one) and a few other good games for the PS2.

I noticed they also had Halo 2, NFSU2 and Merceneries for X-Box and Picmin 2 for the Cube. (I don't own those systems, so I can't say if they had more)

Unfortunately they put the sale on their big sign on the main road so a lot of the titles could be gone now. Just thought I would pass on the info

im going to hit one up tomorrow in fort wayne and see if they got anythng good. they been selling games like this since they opened up here. i got G1 JOCKEY for 4.99 complete about year ago from them.
WOOOO I STINK

#49 peteloaf

peteloaf

ULTRA COMBO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

A little OTT, but any Northwest Indy people want to camp out for a 360?

Were are you planning to go? I haven't made up my mind yet but a very good friend of mine and my brother are both willing to camp at outher stores for me so I think I might have some luck.

#50 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:02 AM

I may swing past Family Video off on Goshen. It's just a few miles from my work...so I can make the rounds at lunch.

Hey, anyone on here have a Gamecube for sale? I'm looking for one cheap for my brother for Christmas. He sold his xbox and has no console...poor fella.

#51 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:12 AM

Zip- thanks for the info... may check it out.

(YES, I know my location, but my cheap ass goes to Evansville quite often.)

-Sailorneorune

P.S. Go to Book Broker. :)

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
WATCHING DNAngel
READING Cardcaptor Sakura

#52 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:36 PM

Target near glenbrook has some games hidden on an endcap.
Face the electronics counter from the front, turn left, head to the wall, they're on the 2nd cap on the left. They have Half-Life 2, several PSP games, and a couple of misc GC games all for half off discount price.

I didn't have my pda so I didn't catch all the prices. I think the PSP stuff was marked 18.99 and would be half off that. I think HL2 was 26.

#53 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:06 AM

Face the electronics counter from the front, turn left, head to the wall, they're on the 2nd cap on the left. They have Half-Life 2, several PSP games, and a couple of misc GC games all for half off discount price.

I didn't have my pda so I didn't catch all the prices. I think the PSP stuff was marked 18.99 and would be half off that. I think HL2 was 26.

i was going to check target today.. but didnt go , maybe tomorrow
WOOOO I STINK

#54 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:37 AM

I've notced that endcap for years now. Too bad, I don't have a PSP yet to take advantage of these deals.:(
Posted Image

#55 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:32 PM

yea i found them BUT the prices are still the same as there been 2-3 weeks ago

darkstalkers 14.99

and the rest of the PSP 14.99 to 19.99 Im going to hit them back up monday or tueseday to see if the prices came down. all of the DS stuff is gone besides 2 feel the love for 14.99 and one FFTA for 15

ABOUT SEARS PRICE MATCH THE AD MISPRINT

I was able to pricematch it at Best buy Got 2 for 30
and
I was able to price match it at Sears got 2 for 30

Number left

Best buy at northcrest is sold out. There has 5 of them but as soon as the person behind me saw that i got 2 for 30 they went back and grabbed the other 3

Sears had 3 left at 11am est

I got one for myself 1 for my cousin xmas present and 2 up for trades
WOOOO I STINK

#56 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:43 PM

The Sam Goody in College Mall in Bloomington had a ton of $9 games there earlier this week. Ones I remember:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)
Astro Boy Omega Factor
Boktai
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox)
Counter-Strike
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Think I got the last one though)

There were many others though.

#57 briansraregames

briansraregames

Yay! We didn't lose 100!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:32 PM

You Fort Wayne guys need to get up to Kendallville and check out the Kendallville Pawn Shop. It's right on main street, just north of the railroad tracks. They've got tons of games and lots of cheap systems too. Definitely worth the 30 min drive.

And you lafayette guys, don't forget the OTHER Gamerush in town (south of Purdue campus) I stop in there every now and then and always seem to find good stuff.

As far as game eXchange, they're a great store, don't forget that they have a Kokomo location too (also a game crazy and EB down there too).

#58 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:59 PM

The Sam Goody in College Mall in Bloomington had a ton of $9 games there earlier this week. Ones I remember:

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)
Astro Boy Omega Factor
Boktai
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox)
Counter-Strike
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Think I got the last one though)

There were many others though.

Yes, they had a quality selection, they did! I grabbed a copy of Xenosaga 2 myself and Astro Boy. I'm heading back over there in a few hours to check the rest of the stock.

If anybody really, really wants I'll make a list of what they have. Just specify what titles you would like or what system and I'll list like there's no tomorrow.

#59 zola

zola

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

Yes, they had a quality selection, they did! I grabbed a copy of Xenosaga 2 myself and Astro Boy. I'm heading back over there in a few hours to check the rest of the stock.

If anybody really, really wants I'll make a list of what they have. Just specify what titles you would like or what system and I'll list like there's no tomorrow.

Hot! I'll go there now. I was waiting for xenosaga 2 to drop below 10 bucks. ^_^

#60 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

Hot! I'll go there now. I was waiting for xenosaga 2 to drop below 10 bucks. ^_^

Same here. $10 is the perfect price point! Last time I was there (I think around Thursday) they had another three copies, I believe, but I don't know if there are any more over there. I'm planning on heading over in about...ugh...30 minutes when I'm done folding this laundry.