Indiana Deals Thread

• Please log in to reply
2471 replies to this topic

#91 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:56 AM

Stopped by a couple of the TRUs in Indy tonight. Didn't have a list on hand, but a few games in mind so I could update with the stock, at least somewhat.

East Washington
The place was a mess. Games weren't in order from what I could make out. They did have plenty of MGS3s and about 4 RE4s (empty cases at least) still out. Transformers was also in stock, can't remember much else of note there, though.

Lafayette Road
I thought the first was a mess. The games weren't even in the holders. They were stacked behind haphazardly, so it looks like a mess of people ravaged the games area. All I could remember were Fable, Rise To Honor (in some cardboard standee), Cold Fear (over by the cashiers), but I really didn't look much. The place was a real mess.

If anyone else has updates on the Castleton and Greenwood one, that'd be great, so I don't have to run down there tomorrow. I'll be sure to look over the list and make note of what specifically is in and out of stock.

#92 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:56 AM

Stopped by a couple of the TRUs in Indy tonight. Didn't have a list on hand, but a few games in mind so I could update with the stock, at least somewhat.

East Washington
The place was a mess. Games weren't in order from what I could make out. They did have plenty of MGS3s and about 4 RE4s (empty cases at least) still out. Transformers was also in stock, can't remember much else of note there, though.

Lafayette Road
I thought the first was a mess. The games weren't even in the holders. They were stacked behind haphazardly, so it looks like a mess of people ravaged the games area. All I could remember were Fable, Rise To Honor (in some cardboard standee), Cold Fear (over by the cashiers), but I really didn't look much. The place was a real mess.

If anyone else has updates on the Castleton and Greenwood one, that'd be great, so I don't have to run down there tomorrow. I'll be sure to look over the list and make note of what specifically is in and out of stock.

Those places probably were trashed because some clown who posted in the main deal thread said he went to all four TRUs the morning of the 22nd and got $800-$900 worth of $10 games.

Looks like we now have an early-bird hoarder in the Indy area. Deals in general are going to get harder to find with that guy around. :/

#93 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:13 AM

Those places probably were trashed because some clown who posted in the main deal thread said he went to all four TRUs the morning of the 22nd and got $800-$900 worth of $10 games.

Looks like we now have an early-bird hoarder in the Indy area. Deals in general are going to get harder to find with that guy around. :/

Let's take that ass-clown out. There's this spot on 38th and Georgetown where they'll never find his body.;)

#94 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:22 PM

I was at Kohls at Apple Glen (near Jefferson Pointe) yesterday.

There is a big rack of games & DVDs near the north door that is all marked half off.
Lots of GBA stuff. They had a bunch of copies of Snood & Snood2, I think it was $12.50 after the discount. Lots of crap titles, but looked like some ok stuff.
There were a few GC titles and lots of PS2. I don't remember all the titles. Looked like a lot of racing and general movie tie-in's. I remember seeing Shark's Tale, Ford Racing, Spyro.

#95 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:16 PM

Hey Indianapolis CAG's. I had a business trip to Indianapolis and I stopped by McVan's. I bought 2 new games so i got 2 coupons for $2.00 off one used game trade fee. I have 2 of them. I won't be in Indianapolis for a long time so the first person who pm's me with their address can have them. Ill stick them in a envelope and mail them out.

#96 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

Anyone know of any places around Indy to get cheap game guides. I remember hearing about a used bookstore that's in the area having them, but I can't remember what it was called...

#97 Spiritseed

Spiritseed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

Try half price books, they are normally around the malls. Also Mcvans has used guides for $8.00 I got a few kinda rare ones a while back from there.
So I said to the guy "That is my ear" can you belive it?

#98 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:04 AM

East Washington

Lafayette Road

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while.

Well, on Thursday, the day the TRU sale started, I did go past the TRU on Washington Square, but did not go in. I did however, stop by the one in Caslteton. I didn't have a list with me either, but I was able to find many of the things on the list, at the store. There was a big bin of $9.98 games, but they were games that have already been discounted a while ago. It had some decent games in there, such as Metroid Fusion. All the games that were on the list as marked down, that TRU didn't put a new price tag saying the games were $9.98. I asked the cashier to scan Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits and Metal Slug 4/5 for me, and it rang up at $9.98. Too bad I didn't have a list, since I saw a ton of other things there I would have bought. They did have a ton of games at the Castleton location, but things might have change, since then.

I was back in the Caslteton area 5 days ago, but I didn't stop by TRU.
Posted Image

#99 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:14 AM

No prob.

I did end up checking all four Indy TRU locations (not that it matters now), but you're right. The Castleton location had, by far, the best selection of the TRUs here and organized, too. Well, about as organized as TRUs tend to get. Some were marked, they did have the bins, as you said, but the bigger games, thankfully, were unmarked and still on the shelves.

#100 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:25 AM

Alas the castleton TRU wasnt including Geist in their sale.

#101 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

I got mine at the Lafayette Road TRU. The RZone employee there was actually the one to point out that Geist was $10 before I rang it up as it wasn't yet marked and the other employee wasn't aware.

He looks like Craig from Malcolm in the Middle, too.

#102 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:02 AM

Try half price books, they are normally around the malls. Also Mcvans has used guides for $8.00 I got a few kinda rare ones a while back from there.

Oh yeah, that was exactly the place I was thinking of. I think there's one near the Castleton mall. Thanks.

#103 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

I went back to the Castleton TRU and they had Geist marked down finally.

Making my haul a couple copies of Geist, RE4, and single copies of GTAxb, Polarium, Baiten Kaitos, and Doom3 LE.

Anyone interested in a local trade? I'm interested in Zelda Four Swords, KOFxb, and Boomerman DS.

#104 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

The Toys R Us on 38th St is on the list of stores closing. 10% off games, 30% off video game accessories right now.

That's not enough to get me to go down there, though. ;)

#105 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:38 PM

I just saw the list and I'm surprised the one in Lafayette, IN isn't closing. The reason is, that's the only TRU I've seen that never remodeled, where you buy games by taking a ticket up to the cashier, then picking the game up at the front of the store.

I'm not sure if the one on 38th Street in Indy is like that, since I never went there before. I might stop by there, as time goes by. I'd have to look on a map for it, since I never been around that area.
Posted Image

#106 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:16 PM

All the TRUs in the Indy area don't go by the ticket system anymore (except for preorders). Unfortunately, that makes them really badly organized, with the worst offender being the Lafayette Road TRU. I think the last TRU here that did the ticket sytem w/ games was the Washington Street one.

The 38th and Lafayette Rd. TRU is pretty difficult to spot since it's not right next to the road. It's behind a McDonald's on 38th street. You can spot the sign from the road though.

#107 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:29 PM

Those two are the TRU's I haven't been to in Indy. I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever trying to find them.
Posted Image

#108 briansraregames

briansraregames

Yay! We didn't lose 100!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

I just saw the list and I'm surprised the one in Lafayette, IN isn't closing. The reason is, that's the only TRU I've seen that never remodeled, where you buy games by taking a ticket up to the cashier, then picking the game up at the front of the store.

Michigan City TRU is still like that too...no wonder that store's closing, whenever i went there there were maybe 5 other customers in the place.

Although not technically Indiana, the store across the border on Torrence Ave in Lansing, IL was always a great spot to find stuff for me. That one will be missed.:cry:

#109 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:29 PM

For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the goodwill on Dupont has a ton of comic books for $0.50 each. It looks like someone dropped off an entire collection. There was easily a hundred there. Atleast 90% of them protective bags. I only picked up two called Gen 13. I had heard something about that one. There was a ton of X-Men comics. I would have picked up one of those, but there are several different X-Men series and I don't know where to start with those. I saw in there x-men, x force, sandman, Iron Man, JLA, and even a handful of star trek comics.

#110 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the goodwill on Dupont has a ton of comic books for $0.50 each. It looks like someone dropped off an entire collection. There was easily a hundred there. Atleast 90% of them protective bags. I only picked up two called Gen 13. I had heard something about that one. There was a ton of X-Men comics. I would have picked up one of those, but there are several different X-Men series and I don't know where to start with those. I saw in there x-men, x force, sandman, Iron Man, JLA, and even a handful of star trek comics.

probally only place they they could dump them and take a tax loss on them,...i went over to the comic book store over on jeffereson few weeks ago to find out there was a Major comic book crash around 2001 making 90% of books not worth keeping anymore

i had a few gems witchblade issue 1 what fetched like 50 now was only grabbing i was told 5 bucks...

all the batman books around issue 500 (where he got his back broke) goes for less then buck an issue used to be around 50 for some of them

even all the SPAWN comics are worth nothing anymore
WOOOO I STINK

#111 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

Yea, I doubt there was any valuable stuff in there. I was just posting for anyone interested in picking them up. I just want to read them. I'll likely be going back when I have some more money.

#112 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

Yea, I doubt there was any valuable stuff in there. I was just posting for anyone interested in picking them up. I just want to read them. I'll likely be going back when I have some more money.

careful getting older books that havent been touch for awhile as well... around 5 years ago i was picking up books down at the libary and picked up this older comic book and there had to be around 100 book worms crawing around in the book (i think they was bookworms --- little white worms )
WOOOO I STINK

#113 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:05 PM

I went back to the Castleton TRU and they had Geist marked down finally.

Making my haul a couple copies of Geist, RE4, and single copies of GTAxb, Polarium, Baiten Kaitos, and Doom3 LE.

Anyone interested in a local trade? I'm interested in Zelda Four Swords, KOFxb, and Boomerman DS.

Any takers? A good chance to save on some shipping costs.

#114 WrestleCrap'sRD

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

I got mine at the Lafayette Road TRU. The RZone employee there was actually the one to point out that Geist was $10 before I rang it up as it wasn't yet marked and the other employee wasn't aware.

He looks like Craig from Malcolm in the Middle, too.

LOL. He looks EXACTLY like Craig. That's a riot. Better than the scary toothless woman over on East Washington. Yikes!

RD
Check out the WORST of Pro Wrestling at WrestleCrap.com!
http://www.wrestlecrap.com/

#115 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

Has anyone been able to find an Xbox 360 in stock anywhere around Indy? I'm almost convinced that I should finally get one, but calling every store and driving around is pretty much a waste of time, considering you have to be in the right place at the right time to get one. Anyone have any luck (where and when)?

#116 Dragonwarrior587

Dragonwarrior587

Buy,Sell,Trade! ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:05 AM

The Toys R Us on 38th St is on the list of stores closing. 20% off games, 40% off video game accessories right now

Not Much Left though

#117 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:04 AM

Even 360 accessories and games are cleared out huh? I'll check it out tomorrow and see what's there to scavenge.

I picked my 360 up unexpectedly at the Best Buy in Greenwood. This was the Thursday after Christmas and I stopped in to buy Midnight Club 3. The guy working there was walking/parading around with the stock that just came in (this was around 630-7pm) so I went ahead and bought it.

He told me they usually get their stock in during that timeframe, but as for other stores, I haven't had one single sighting of it on shelves.

Edit: As the other poster stated, the TRU at 38th street is pretty barren as far as 360 accessories go. No more wireless controllers. They only have a handful of wired controllers (max of 10 as of 3 pm Thursday afternoon), S-Video Cables, and Component Cables. They've also got a few faceplates and three 3-month live kits left.

There's lots of GCN, PS2 and Xbox games left though.

As for 360 games, all out of DOA4 now. Only ones left were Ridge Racer 6, PDZ (reg and LE) King Kong, Gun, and THAW as far as I can remember.

Talked to the worker there (the Craig Malcolm-look-alike) and he said store is looking to be closed between April and May...quite a ways off.

#118 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:28 AM

Bah, that was me and I didn't trash any stores. I got most of my games at the 38th St. store and had the manager walking around with me helping me pick out stuff because the store was empty. The shelves were a mess because of Christmas and he apologized for it. Between the two of us, we found most of the 70 or so $10 games on my list that I wanted, and yah, I grabbed extras of some of the better games and traded most of them on GTZ. I actually went back several days later and found some more games I wanted hidden behind other stuff, like The Sims games my wife wanted. A week or so later they finally had the shelves all organized but it wasn't that hard because they had pretty much been gutted by Christmas shoppers.

I stopped by the store last week to grab some discounted accessories and picked up Chess Master as well. There's some stuff there I'll pick up if it hits 50% off, like the DDR bundle and Kinetix for my wife, but most of the good PSP and DS games will probably be long gone by that time as the video game department was almost emptied already. They still had Xbox 360 controllers at 40% off if some one wants those. And the PS2 remote for under $2 wasn't a bad deal. Also, I grabbed a set of portable speakers for around $10 that work very well with my PSP and run on AA batteries. They really help to amplify the PSP's low sound volume. Now I just need to find some amplified headphones.

#119 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:32 AM

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while.

Well, on Thursday, the day the TRU sale started, I did go past the TRU on Washington Square, but did not go in. I did however, stop by the one in Caslteton. I didn't have a list with me either, but I was able to find many of the things on the list, at the store. There was a big bin of $9.98 games, but they were games that have already been discounted a while ago. It had some decent games in there, such as Metroid Fusion. All the games that were on the list as marked down, that TRU didn't put a new price tag saying the games were $9.98. I asked the cashier to scan Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits and Metal Slug 4/5 for me, and it rang up at $9.98. Too bad I didn't have a list, since I saw a ton of other things there I would have bought. They did have a ton of games at the Castleton location, but things might have change, since then.

I was back in the Caslteton area 5 days ago, but I didn't stop by TRU.

Castleton got restocked on games a couple weeks ago. They had 0 copies of the Grand Theft Auto double pack on the first day of the sale and like 30 copies of it when I stopped in. I guess they could have come from the back. Unfortunately, I paid $20+ for a used copy of that game at Game Rush and couldn't return it.

I also found a copy of King of Fighters for Xbox there that wasn't there during the first day as I'd been looking all over for it.

#120 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:35 AM

Just as an aside, on the first day of the sale, I bumped into another CAGer in Castleton buying up games to trade into Blockbuster...he was looking for different games than me because at that point I'd never traded in a game in my life. He asked me if I was going to buy some game in the display case that trades in high because I was in front of him in line and I said no, I wasn't interested. Was that a lurker or one of you guys?