Indiana Deals Thread

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#121 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:36 AM

Alas the castleton TRU wasnt including Geist in their sale.

I got 2 $10 copies of Geist in Castleton and they still had about 20 copies in the case at that point.

#122 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:39 AM

I got mine at the Lafayette Road TRU. The RZone employee there was actually the one to point out that Geist was $10 before I rang it up as it wasn't yet marked and the other employee wasn't aware.

He looks like Craig from Malcolm in the Middle, too.

Heh, that's the manager of the Rzone at that store...I've talked to him several times. He's pretty cool and likes me because I let him look at my list of $10 games so he could pick up a bunch for himself. He's mostly into PSP stuff, so he grabbed one copy of Dead 2 Rights and I got the other copy that first morning of the sale.

#123 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:44 AM

probally only place they they could dump them and take a tax loss on them,...i went over to the comic book store over on jeffereson few weeks ago to find out there was a Major comic book crash around 2001 making 90% of books not worth keeping anymore

i had a few gems witchblade issue 1 what fetched like 50 now was only grabbing i was told 5 bucks...

all the batman books around issue 500 (where he got his back broke) goes for less then buck an issue used to be around 50 for some of them

even all the SPAWN comics are worth nothing anymore

The problem with comics from the 90s is that people were buying them up in multiple quantities, putting them in plastic, not reading them, and thinking they would go up in value if they hung onto them long enough. The reason old comics are valuable is because they're rare, especially in mint condition. People used to throw them away. The same thing is true in the video game world...there are more collectors saving stuff back now, so while a sealed NES Zelda is worth $400, a sealed Zelda Four Swords will probably never be worth that because it will never be that rare of a sealed game with all the collectors these days.

#124 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:46 AM

Has anyone been able to find an Xbox 360 in stock anywhere around Indy? I'm almost convinced that I should finally get one, but calling every store and driving around is pretty much a waste of time, considering you have to be in the right place at the right time to get one. Anyone have any luck (where and when)?

Yah, I've seen them in stock at Game Rush in Avon, Best Buy, Target, Meijer, and Wal-Mart. I was in the 38th St. TRU one day and they had 8 in stock. If I'd noticed this thread, I would have mentioned it here. They didn't last long when they were going for a bunch of money on Ebay buy I imagine they will sit around longer now. Best bet would probably be to find out what day Target gets video game shipmens in (probably Tuesdays) and start calling around on Tuesday mornings. I'm not buying one anytime soon, I'm waiting for the Nintendo Revolution.

#125 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:31 AM

Rictor, the edit button will be your friend, so as to now make quite a few posts in a short span.
Posted Image

#126 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:39 AM

For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the temporary book store across the parking lot from TRU is closing. The guy there said they might be open till the end of the month and maybe into February. They have paperbacks for $2, audio books for $2, and hardbacks for $4.

I also noticed that the Sam Goody in the mall closed. I hadn't been in the mall for several weeks so I missed it. I wonder if they had a good clearance sale?

#127 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

For any Fort Wayne CAGs, the temporary book store across the parking lot from TRU is closing. The guy there said they might be open till the end of the month and maybe into February. They have paperbacks for $2, audio books for $2, and hardbacks for $4.

I also noticed that the Sam Goody in the mall closed. I hadn't been in the mall for several weeks so I missed it. I wonder if they had a good clearance sale?

gamestop is closing on JAN 31 along with a lot of those other stores around it w ill be cloing very soon i heard... Barnes and NOble wants that entire wing of the mall so i dont know if that is why that book store is closing down or what...

i used to know someone who worked there years ago.... chic with these big eyes :) i might swing over there and see if they are still there.... might see if they got some stephen king books

o and the sam goody just closed i dont think anyone knew it was closing cause they were talking about it on the radio the other wweek and they didnt even know it was closing
WOOOO I STINK

#128 AfroPig

AfroPig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, Sam Goody closed like the end of December. I was at the mall and they had a sign on the closed gate and there were tons of employees packing everything up.

#129 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

Damn, that was a lot of posts.

Anyway, that wasn't me that you ran into at the Castleton TRU. I only ended up picking up about four games for myself out of the whole deal.

There were still 360 controllers at the 38th Street TRU? I'm guessing those are the wired ones, right? Still a few of the 3 month starter kits for anyone looking.

#130 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:52 PM

Wired, probably, I didn't really pay much attention since I don't own a 360 and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

Oh, that reminds me, I have a local Indianapolis deal...the Gamestop over on Raceway (same strip mall as a Game Rush) has used anime for 80% off and 50% off on certain New Gameboy, DS, and PSP games (however all the DS and PSP games were gone last time I went there, so either some one bought them all or they put them back to normal price and took them out of the bin (unlikely). I grabbed Yoshi DS, Pokemon Rush, Death Jr., and Frantix for $15 a pop. Also got Boktai for $7.50...their USED copies were more expensive...anyway, last time I checked they still had Wario Ware Twisted for $17.50 and a few other new Gameboy games in the half off bin but nothing that great. This is the same bin that has the 2/$10 PS2 games in it, right in the middle of the store.

#131 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, they're wired since I picked up an extra one last weekend. Wanted to be sure in case you saw differently. The 80% anime is pretty damn good for those fans. Good looking out.

#132 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the update on the 38th street TRU. I was wondering if they still had 360 controllers. I might go pick one up since I only have one right now. I think 40% off would make them around $24 each, right? Beats the heck out of $40.

$40 for a wired controller... that's a damn shame.

#133 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, it comes to $25.43 after taxes, but you might wanna check there pretty soon. Last time I checked was last Thursday I think and they only had about 10 of the wired controllers left.

#134 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

gamestop is closing on JAN 31 along with a lot of those other stores around it w ill be cloing very soon i heard... Barnes and NOble wants that entire wing of the mall so i dont know if that is why that book store is closing down or what...

i used to know someone who worked there years ago.... chic with these big eyes :) i might swing over there and see if they are still there.... might see if they got some stephen king books

o and the sam goody just closed i dont think anyone knew it was closing cause they were talking about it on the radio the other wweek and they didnt even know it was closing

The GS at Glenbrook is closing? I didn't know that. Have they had any good sales? That would be interesting if we get a B&N on this side of town.

About the book place, the sci-fi and fantasy books are over on the left side of the store in a small unmarked section. I think I saw one or two Stephen King books. They also had a ton of Star Trek audio books.

#135 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, Sam Goody closed like the end of December. I was at the mall and they had a sign on the closed gate and there were tons of employees packing everything up.

Actually, I thought the store was open on New Years, because I was there on that date. However, when I went to the mall a few days later, they were closed.

From what I heard on the news, Glenbrook doubled their rates for leasing space, so many stores who leases were ended, didn't renew and left the mall, such as The Limited, Express, Sam Goody, and many other big stores. I hope Glenbrook doesn't start pissing off stores off because of this. They say there's more sapce wanted then needed, so that's why rates doubled, although I'm not sure if stores wanting space, wanted to pay that much anyway.

Well, if Glenbrook downfalls, I'm just going to make a 2 hour drive to the Castleton Square Mall (Close to Indy) or Westfield Shopping Centre (In NW Indiana).
Posted Image

#136 AfroPig

AfroPig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:09 PM

Actually, I thought the store was open on New Years, because I was there on that date. However, when I went to the mall a few days later, they were closed.

From what I heard on the news, Glenbrook doubled their rates for leasing space, so many stores who leases were ended, didn't renew and left the mall, such as The Limited, Express, Sam Goody, and many other big stores. I hope Glenbrook doesn't start pissing off stores off because of this. They say there's more sapce wanted then needed, so that's why rates doubled, although I'm not sure if stores wanting space, wanted to pay that much anyway.

Well, if Glenbrook downfalls, I'm just going to make a 2 hour drive to the Castleton Square Mall (Close to Indy) or Westfield Shopping Centre (In NW Indiana).

New Years eve was the day I went. I went shopping with my mom, girlfriend, and cousin, and that's when I noticed it.

#137 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, it comes to $25.43 after taxes, but you might wanna check there pretty soon. Last time I checked was last Thursday I think and they only had about 10 of the wired controllers left.

Just call and ask for the video game department...they'll tell you if something is in stock or not and save you a trip across town.

#138 AlanSaysYo

AlanSaysYo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:58 PM

Sounds like Glenbrook is pulling a Southtown. Next year all they'll have left is a MasterCuts and an Orange Julius :lol:

If you're coming from West Lafayette, you should try Clay Terrace in Carmel also. Not as many stores, but a very nice place.

#139 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:00 PM

Another vote for Clay Terrace. Probably the best CC in town (though there's only 3 off the top of my head), but they always seem to be well stocked.

#140 niceguyshawne

niceguyshawne

Hardcore since '74

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:21 PM

I heard from a Sam Goody employee in Anderson this morning that all of the Simon Malls have doubled their lease rates and that every Sam Goody in their district is closing in the next few months because of it. Apparently they have stopped receiving new releases and special orders and will be having a clearance soon.

Being that Glenbrook and Castleton Square are both Simon malls, I imagine the same thing will be happening to both malls.

#141 niceguyshawne

niceguyshawne

Hardcore since '74

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:35 PM

Sounds like Glenbrook is pulling a Southtown. Next year all they'll have left is a MasterCuts and an Orange Julius :lol:

When I moved up to Fort Wayne about seven years ago, I got an apartment near Southtown. I remember the first time I went there I thought I had stepped into the old Dawn of the Dead movie with the cheesy 70's look it had to it. All that was in there was a Foot Locker, Orange Julius, and a Chinese take out.

That was the only time I visited that mall...

#142 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:32 PM

I heard from a Sam Goody employee in Anderson this morning that all of the Simon Malls have doubled their lease rates and that every Sam Goody in their district is closing in the next few months because of it. Apparently they have stopped receiving new releases and special orders and will be having a clearance soon.

Being that Glenbrook and Castleton Square are both Simon malls, I imagine the same thing will be happening to both malls.

Well, the reason I mentioned Castleton Mall, because many of the stores that closed at Glenbrook, are staying open in Castleton, except for ones closing nationwide (like Dry Ice, Casual Corner, etc.).

When I moved up to Fort Wayne about seven years ago, I got an apartment near Southtown. I remember the first time I went there I thought I had stepped into the old Dawn of the Dead movie with the cheesy 70's look it had to it. All that was in there was a Foot Locker, Orange Julius, and a Chinese take out.

That was the only time I visited that mall...

Well, back in the 80’s, and early 90’s, Southtown Mall was booming, with around 40% of the mall business in Fort Wayne. There use to be a Kohl’s, Sears, JC Penney, L.S. Ayres, Service Merchandise, and many of the same stores as Glenbrook. I use to rarely go to that mall, mostly because I use to live on the Northside of Ft. Wayne on Mapplecrest Rd.

New Years eve was the day I went. I went shopping with my mom, girlfriend, and cousin, and that's when I noticed it.

I might not have walked by it then. Well, I definitely do remember it being open, just before New Years.

If you're coming from West Lafayette, you should try Clay Terrace in Carmel also. Not as many stores, but a very nice place.

Lol, I agree

I never went there before. I’m usually not too far from it, if I choose to go through Indy (to make a stop at Fry’s), when I go home.
Posted Image

#143 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:23 PM

yea i used to like southtowm more then glenbrook back in the late 80s.. used to play a lot of video games in the arcades

Glenbrook

pro

they had 2 arcade rooms and had better prizes..

Con
we used to go with our grandmother who wouldnt take the elvator and couldnt walk down steps , so we was mostly just had to shop on the top level of the mall
mostly shopped around 10am to 1pm when our grandfather picked us up..

Southtown

Con
Only one arcade place and their prizes really sucked :)

Pro
every time we went to southtown we would mostly spend the entire day out there till my mother picked us up... would would go shopping from 10am to around 2pm and then watch a movie (this is what made southtown sort of neat that it had tha Theather built right into the mall)

And DUFFS they had the best food out there in the late 80s

one of the most funny things i remember at southtown is after DUFF went belly up another Food place move in there and was shut down a week later by the board of heath.

sadly last time i stepped foot into southtown was a few months before my grand mother died so it probally was around mothers day 1994

i still remember that Big foutain in the middle of southtown mall and that Chucky Cheese type pizza place they had in there...

personally if you took the arcades out, i like southtown a lot more then glenbrook

one last little note.. the people who Ruined the Southtown mall movie place. makes me sick and im glad that we never got the place.... We was around a few weeks into looking at the contract before that other dude took it over.... I mean what kind of pigs shit all over the walls
WOOOO I STINK

#144 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

Anyone have any luck getting penny guides in Indianapolis? I got a Destroy All Humans from Best Buy in Avon but that's about it. How are the local EB Games and Game Stops about actually selling these at a penny? I've been buying them on this board for 3/$10 because it seems easier than searching all over for them, but there's a few that people don't want to sell cheap.

#145 ragtop70

ragtop70

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

I've not had any luck on cheap guides. Guides people get at eb for a penny like WWE Day of Reckoning are full price when I check.

#146 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

The cashier must be typing in the price then, because the penny price is in the system...the prices usually aren't YMMV...whether or not they'll actually sell them to you is very YMMV. Most stores won't sell the penny guides to you as they aren't supposed to.

#147 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:08 AM

Glenbook isn't a Simon Mall...I know because I tried to spend a Simon gift cert there once. I'd bet they're raising the rates to try to become more upscale to compete with Jefferson Pointe.
It also looks like they've taken a strategy of chopping up the big stores when they leave into more smaller spaces. They got rid of the "orchard" area, and made several smaller stores near the food court area in the last remodel.

#148 amos_82

amos_82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:51 AM

Glenbrook jacked up their rates so high that Babbage's will close tomorrow!! I was walking around earlier this morning and the employees were boxing up product.
Check out some of goodies I just got ahold of!!
http://search.ebay.c...QsassZamosQ5f82

#149 AfroPig

AfroPig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:59 AM

Glenbook isn't a Simon Mall...I know because I tried to spend a Simon gift cert there once. I'd bet they're raising the rates to try to become more upscale to compete with Jefferson Pointe.
It also looks like they've taken a strategy of chopping up the big stores when they leave into more smaller spaces. They got rid of the "orchard" area, and made several smaller stores near the food court area in the last remodel.

You can use Simon Mall gift cards anywhere, they're like visa cards with a price put on it. I've used them plenty of times anywhere I wanted to.

#150 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:48 AM

That's true Glenbrook isn't a Simon Mall. I look at Simon Mall's website every once in a while, to check out Mall Directories, to know what's there, and Glenbrook Mall wasn't listed, so I don't think it is.

To compete with Jefferson Pointe, that's kind of a laugh. I've seen Jefferson Pointe do well every once in a while, but the Mall doesn't really get too busy (paritially because of its tiny parking lot). I've been to Jefferson Pointe around the time it opened, and it seemed more busy before, than it is now.
Posted Image