Minnesota Deals Topic

• Please log in to reply
2496 replies to this topic

#301 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:24 AM

Okay... what is the deal here? We got a MASSIVE sale going on at CC and not a single word said in this thread..... come on Minnesota wake up damn it. I know we have a LOSING baseball team, a basketball team that has gone down the drain, a hockey team that has gone nowhere, and a football team that blows the big one every single damn time.... that doesn't give any of you any excuses here on CAG.

All this week I was deciding what I would buy. Then I realized, that despite the fact that they're great deals, I still have games I haven't played from the Toys 'R Us deal from this winter. And beyond that I have still games left over from the Game Crazy "classic plastic" sale of last year untouched since I bought them. At the rate I'm going, not only will I never finish all the games I've bought, I might not even get them out of the plastic.

We should have a contest. How many "cheap" games do you now currently own that you bought because it was a deal you couldn't refuse, but still haven't played/finished?

Right now, I'm officially at 26. If I hadn't just sold a pile away, the number would be over 30. I was ready to add 2 more from this CC sale, but it's apparent now that I have a sickness.

So best me if you can, you Minnesota cheap-skates!

#302 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:38 AM

LOL. I haven't visit this site for a long time.

The new Street Fighter game is coming up, and it's the second and probably the last game I'll pick up this year.

I heard GS is having a trade-in bonus. I need some ideas on where and what to pick up so I can trade them in! Help fellow MNers?

What's up with all of those crazy rides by Northtown? LOL.

#303 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

LOL. I haven't visit this site for a long time.

The new Street Fighter game is coming up, and it's the second and probably the last game I'll pick up this year.

I heard GS is having a trade-in bonus. I need some ideas on where and what to pick up so I can trade them in! Help fellow MNers?

LOL.
Posted Image

#304 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:18 PM

Its just a mirage. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#305 jesusjones

jesusjones

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

to anyone out there who trolls the South Metro checking for games/dvds and the such. A new store opened in Lakeville called World of Games.

#306 Azeroth2k

Azeroth2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:31 PM

to anyone out there who trolls the South Metro checking for games/dvds and the such. A new store opened in Lakeville called World of Games.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you know if they have games from a bunch of different platforms, or just current Gen? Local game stores like that can be great places to find rare games, and now that EB/GS is getting rid of anything before the 128 bit era, one of the only places this side of ebay to find ANY old games.

#307 dbiersdorf

dbiersdorf

Forever Young

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:07 AM

Anyone have luck finding a DS Lite? I checked all over, nothing. :(

#308 comapro

comapro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:28 AM

Anyone have luck finding a DS Lite? I checked all over, nothing. :(

Places I've checked that didn't have em:

Walmart, Vadnais Heights off Cty E
Target, Vadnais Heights off Cty E
Target, Burnsville off Cty 42 and off Cliff
Toys r Us, Burnsville off Cty 42
Sears, Burnsville Mall

I hear a Target in Crystal has em. Too outta my way though.

#309 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:11 AM

Wal-Mart, Forrest Lake - had em but now pulled.
Wal-Mart and Target, Northtown - none, didn't bother asking especially at that Wal-Mart which is worse than being in Hell.

New sig coming soon.

#310 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:31 AM

I got one at Target in St. Cloud, they've since pulled them off the shelves though.

#311 jesusjones

jesusjones

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:07 AM

Sorry for the wait in replying...crazy day. Yeah, they carry stuff from 2600 to now. Saw a few good ones, Shining Wisdom for Saturn, some other assorted stuff. A few DVD movies, as well.

#312 tickdude

tickdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

Been a while since I last posted in the local board. I think I will be hitting EB in Maplewood tomorrow... Is it still an EB or is it a GS now?

#313 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:37 AM

ha, this is SWEET! i didn't know so many cheap-ass gamers lived right here in MN.

if this hasn't been mentioned already, a place opened up very recently in the Arden Hills-Roseville area on Lexington Ave (across from the Target) called Sava Media. They sell used systems for about $10-$20 cheaper than GS and EB and their games are priced pretty good. i think i picked up soul calibur 2 there for like $8-$9. just to throw it out for those who live close to that.

#314 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:52 AM

I just got word of mouth that the older Gamestop (aka formerly Funcoland) in Blaine is closing at the end of July since the lease is up. I don't know if any closing sales are planned but hopefully if I hear anything I'll post it.

New sig coming soon.

#315 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:13 AM

I just got word of mouth that the older Gamestop (aka formerly Funcoland) in Blaine is closing at the end of July since the lease is up. I don't know if any closing sales are planned but hopefully if I hear anything I'll post it.

I wouldn't hold my breath considering the other location is less than a block away. Hell they could walk the stuff over.

#316 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:35 AM

My boss informed me today that the Hudson Toyriffic store will be putting their DS Lites on sale tomorrow (technically today, Wednesday), and Maplewood should have them in stock on Thursday. The catch? $149.99 each. But if you need 'em early, now you have the option.
Posted Image

#317 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:50 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath considering the other location is less than a block away. Hell they could walk the stuff over.

I'm not holding my breath either but who knows. We all know how backasswards Gamestop as a company is. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#318 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

Also for all WWE fans apparently Ticketbastard... I mean Ticketmaster has an Internet presale on tickets for the Smackdown/ECW TV taping starting tody at 9 AM. I might jump in on it but seeing that I'm sitting on 2 front row tickets for the ROH 8/25 show which we all know will be 1,000,000% better....

Oh well, one only lives once right. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#319 tickdude

tickdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:17 PM

Sava Media.

Gotta go check it out!
THANX!

#320 Rxneo

Rxneo

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:11 AM

i checked on ebay and rez is selling for about $40 (was it re-printed?). But if someones looking for a place in MN that has it so you can pick it up now, the Gamestop in Shakopee has a copy (complete too). And I'm not sure but I went to GS in Shakopee, Savage, Eden Prarie, and a EB at the EP Mall and from what I remember there were no PS1 games, but a GS in Brooklyn Park has hundreds of them. (Maybe they were all sent there?) Anyways hopes that helps someone, and I was just wondering if anyone knows were i can pick up a copy of two games called Poy Poy, and Incredible Crisis both for the PS1. Thanks

#321 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:48 AM

So who is running out and buying a DS Lite today?

RedVsBlue we know you got one you lucky bastard. Don't forget who tipped you off. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#322 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:03 AM

So who is running out and buying a DS Lite today?

RedVsBlue we know you got one you lucky bastard. Don't forget who tipped you off. ;)

Are you saying you tipped me off? When?

For what its worth though I will be picking up my preordered/paid off Lite from Gamestop tomorrow to return to Target though.

#323 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

Are you saying you tipped me off? When?

I thought you jumped in after I mentioned the Forrest Lake Wallyworld had them out. Maybe I mistaken but oh well. You scored one early which what matters the most. :D

New sig coming soon.

#324 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:50 PM

I thought you jumped in after I mentioned the Forrest Lake Wallyworld had them out. Maybe I mistaken but oh well. You scored one early which what matters the most. :D

No, actually I got mine a few hours after Trakan posted his story about Target. I bought mine at a Target in St. Cloud here.

#325 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:18 AM

No, actually I got mine a few hours after Trakan posted his story about Target. I bought mine at a Target in St. Cloud here.

Nice score regardless. I'm a few days away from getting mine. So worth it tho. I can't wait. :D

New sig coming soon.

#326 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:09 AM

Is Circuit City wiped out clean from the sale? (How the heck did I miss this sale?)

#327 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

The CC in Burnsville had almost all of the titles in stock, I picked up Castlevania COD but there were a couple more of that title left. Sly 2 was ringing up there for $19.99.

#328 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:11 PM

there are a few left at the CC in roseville. i just picked up XIII for 2 bucks this morning (not an awesome game, but worth 2 bucks).

#329 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

Is Circuit City wiped out clean from the sale? (How the heck did I miss this sale?)

There are some titles left but sadly I can't remember which ones are left at the moment.

Edit: I think there are a few Castlevania COD's left. Better leave me one folks. :D

New sig coming soon.

#330 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:39 AM

Okay for those around the Blaine, MN area my CC still has a few Wild Arms 4, a few of the Getting Up LEs for the PS2, a few Castlevania CODs, and a number of other titles in. I didn't look for everything but dayom I can't believe nobody has hit up on this around here yet.

There ya go my fellow CAG peeps. :D

New sig coming soon.