Minnesota Deals Topic

• Please log in to reply
2496 replies to this topic

#391 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:09 PM

Were there lines? Anybody know about lines anywhere else? Pics maybe?

Like I said I saw three people outside the newer Northtown Gamestop at 8 AM this morning. Sadly its hard to get a picture with a shitty ass cellphone camera on a freakin city bus. :lol:

New sig coming soon.

#392 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

Anybody give the Wii pre-orders a spin today in the Twin Cities area?

#393 1SwtDeception

1SwtDeception

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:10 PM

Anybody give the Wii pre-orders a spin today in the Twin Cities area?

I did.. and it was just freezing. I went to the Midway one and I got #5/17.
Posted Image

#394 adg1034

adg1034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:02 AM

Wait- Midway? The one on University in St. Paul? I was there then, too- I was right after you.

#395 1SwtDeception

1SwtDeception

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:26 AM

Wait- Midway? The one on University in St. Paul? I was there then, too- I was right after you.

Ohh haaa. Didn't think to find a CAGer there since everyone seems to be... out there more.
Posted Image

#396 nintendokid

nintendokid

MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

How's the B2G1 free going for everyone? Man, FF:CC and Champions of Norrath are just buzzing in my head. BUT MUST CONSERVE MONEY FOR BILLS! Not only that, but I have very mixed feelings about that FFCC. One hand, I've never played it. On the other hand, I love the music and watching the gameplay trailers, it looks like a no-brainer for me.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#397 Shalafi

Shalafi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

does anyone actually know a place in minnesota where the gears of war thing is happening??? neither st.cloud or willmar is doing it

#398 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

How's the B2G1 free going for everyone? Man, FF:CC and Champions of Norrath are just buzzing in my head. BUT MUST CONSERVE MONEY FOR BILLS! Not only that, but I have very mixed feelings about that FFCC. One hand, I've never played it. On the other hand, I love the music and watching the gameplay trailers, it looks like a no-brainer for me.

Picked up gi joe season 1 part 2, disgaea 2 and metal gear solid 3 subsistence limited editon earlier today.

#399 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:43 AM

does anyone actually know a place in minnesota where the gears of war thing is happening??? neither st.cloud or willmar is doing it

Both the EB and Gamestop at Riverdale in Coon Rapids are doing it.

#400 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:44 AM

Picked up gi joe season 1 part 2, disgaea 2 and metal gear solid 3 subsistence limited editon earlier today.

Which store?

#401 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:38 AM

Anyone had a chance to check out Flip-A-Game yet? I think it just opened very recently. It's on Payne Ave in St. Paul and I forgot the intersecting street. Store looks very organized from the outside.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#402 adg1034

adg1034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

So Borders is having their huge video game discount thing. Have any MN CAGers had any luck finding any stores that carry such merchandise?

#403 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:35 AM

So Borders is having their huge video game discount thing. Have any MN CAGers had any luck finding any stores that carry such merchandise?

IIRC, video games in Borders is a CA only deal.

Or something like that.

#404 adg1034

adg1034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:58 AM

IIRC, video games in Borders is a CA only deal.

Or something like that.

Gah. Oh, well.

#405 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:13 AM

I've never seen any Borders here in MN sell video game stuff.

New sig coming soon.

#406 jrt1138

jrt1138

I like big 'BOTS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:43 AM

I was at the TRU in Burnsville today to pick up some B2G3rdFree games and found they had King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood for GBA marked down to $7.98 (9.98 -2.00 red tag promo is what it said on the receipt.) It was still $29.99 not too long ago. They had 2 copies left as of Tuesday afternoon. I assume this is a big time YMMV considering the age of the game so that's why I posted it here in the regional section. (Also, I'm not sure there's much demand for this game either. I only found one listed on ebay for 29.99, and none on half.com.) So MN KOF fans, go get 'em.

#407 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:39 PM

How much do you guys think I can get in credit at Toyriffic for:

GCN
Megaman Anniversary
Ultimate Muscle
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Starfox Assault

XBOX
Street Fighter Anniversary
Guilty Gear X2 #reload ($1? LOL)
King of Fighters 02/03

Most of these games are so low valued, there's no difference putting them on eBay or sending them off as trade fodder. You might even make less after eBay fees. But I think if I sell all of the GCN games together, I might make a few bucks. Street Fighter is valuable, but the demand for it is so low. On eBay new copies are priced for $15-20 and there are so many unpurchased.

Minnesotans, what would you guys do?

#408 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:49 AM

How much do you guys think I can get in credit at Toyriffic for:

GCN
Megaman Anniversary
Ultimate Muscle
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Starfox Assault

XBOX
Street Fighter Anniversary
Guilty Gear X2 #reload ($1? LOL)
King of Fighters 02/03

Most of these games are so low valued, there's no difference putting them on eBay or sending them off as trade fodder. You might even make less after eBay fees. But I think if I sell all of the GCN games together, I might make a few bucks. Street Fighter is valuable, but the demand for it is so low. On eBay new copies are priced for $15-20 and there are so many unpurchased.

Minnesotans, what would you guys do?

Why would you trade anything to a store that charges 2x what stuff goes for on e-bay?

#409 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

Good point.

So for those who are old enough, who are you voting for and Nov 7 and why? Ah, don't worry, it's all anonymous here.

Me, I'm not sure yet. I still gotta read up some more in the next week.

#410 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:55 PM

So who was out camping at the Blaine TRU with the Scion? LOL!

#411 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

So who was out camping at the Blaine TRU with the Scion? LOL!

Not me. I was snug in bed enjoying the extra hour of sleep I could get. Posted Image

New sig coming soon.

#412 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:14 AM

So for those who are old enough, who are you voting for and Nov 7 and why? Ah, don't worry, it's all anonymous here.

It's very very easy for me this election compared to the past few. I (and many other people I know) are simply going with a "vote the bums out" stance. I'm so fed up with the bullshit that got shoved down my throat by all levels of gov't that I sincerely think that we just need to clean house. So whoever is running against the incumbent in every race, that's who I'm voting for.
End of line.

#413 angsto2

angsto2

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:19 AM

It's very very easy for me this election compared to the past few. I (and many other people I know) are simply going with a "vote the bums out" stance. I'm so fed up with the bullshit that got shoved down my throat by all levels of gov't that I sincerely think that we just need to clean house. So whoever is running against the incumbent in every race, that's who I'm voting for.

AMEN!
If you've got the job now, I'm voting against you.

On a gamer note; has anyone heard anything about Gamecrazy pre-orders or launch numbers? I have been getting the cold shoulder at the Maple Grove store. I have a sneaking suspicion the employees do not want to share.

#414 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

So then, EDIT: Michelle Bachmann Amy Klobuchar it is...? For me it will be. She is able to better serve the Hmong community, which I am a part of so that matters. Plus, she just seems nicer. I just hope she doesn't bring pro-choice baby killing crap to the office like many leg-crossers these days.

Oh yes, please make sure to vote "yes" for the Saint Paul school referendum if it applies to you. It'll give them a bigger budget to work with. Though I hate the majority of kids these days, wherein they look like sluts going to a club when in fact, they need to go to Engrish class, or try to emulate 40 cents in our childrens' schools, there are still some with hope left in them.

And I agree with you; all levels of gov't need a cleanup. If I'm guessing right, 2008, all hell's gonna break loose, especially if Obama runs irregardless as President or Vice-President.

By the way, I'm assuming you two previous posters are white-European. If I'm wrong, apologies. But why is it that white people do not like to disclose openly and say "I like THIS specific person!" or "I prefer this specific party" :p

#415 Erikph2

Erikph2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

She thinks she has been appointed to office by God?! Who wants
this kind of nut in office? Not only that but, since you have no concept
of womens rights please don't share your anti-women views in this
forum. :bomb:

#416 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

She thinks she has been appointed to office by God?! Who wants
this kind of nut in office? Not only that but, since you have no concept
of womens rights please don't share your anti-women views in this
forum. :bomb:

Abortion = a politically correct term for baby killing

It's dangerous to bring that crap onto the teenagers because they become desensitized and think they are just getting rid of a shoulder or a knee cap. No. In reality, you are killing a baby. That's not women's right or freedom. That's being forced to not to know that you do not know. Civil rights are about choice. But when you no longer care about the consequences and ethics of that "choice", that exercise of freedom takes a toll on everyone. If she thinks she has been appointed to office by God, then let it be - that's her belief. I believe that I was able to graduate from college because God allowed that to happen. Are you going to bash me too?

How can I be anti-women when Klobuchar is my primary choice for Senator? I am also a very proud boyfriend that my gf makes more income than I ever will! That's not a threat to my manhood, people like you are a threat to my manhood! Oh yeah, did I mention that I am the best cook in my family and the women can't even compete with me, including my own mother (whom is very traditional)? Yeah, I show symptoms of anti-women, alright...:bomb:

#417 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:59 PM

I met Klobuchar at the first Twins/As game and asked her if she supported ticket scalping. She dodged the question.
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

#418 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

I met Klobuchar at the first Twins/As game and asked her if she supported ticket scalping. She dodged the question.

You should have followed up by asking her if she had 2 to sell.

And Bachman is a certified nut. She's 40 years behind the times in understanding gender roles, and my guess is the amount of thought she puts into the issues is about as much as it takes to look up where her hunka-hunka burnin' man W stands.

Good article on Bachman from the City Pages:
http://www.citypages...rticle14760.asp

In searching for that article, I found that even people outside of MN recognize that Bachman's got a screw loose:
http://www.wonkette....mann-207001.php

#419 Crash55118

Crash55118

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

Yep it is sad how much bachman is crazy, and Pawlenty is equally crazy with his ideas about Education GAHHHHHHH, Im a little bias with two parents that are teachers, but come Election Day I am damn hoping that that Pawlenty is leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and also, a bi-partisan presidential election would rock, McCain and Obamam the dream team imo)

#420 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:50 PM

LOL! Were those really laughs? WOw, tough crowd. I never laugh at people in public (except at my family and friends). THat's how I am, even if I know they are wrong.

EDIT: As for Obama running for presidency 2008, he's certainly got the charisma and the looks. Looks matter. However, how young is he? GOsh, he looks like he's just a few years older than I and I'm only 24. But regardless, if he did run, I would bet he would get Minnesota electoral vote.