• Please log in to reply
2504 replies to this topic

#31 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:43 AM

Just great...

I live in Coon Rapids (right next to Blaine). Now I know there are three of us fighting for the same games in the same store.

Don't worry, I'm only there on the weekends, BTW ever check out the Pawn America by Northtown? They usually have some pretty decent deals.

#32 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:58 PM

Just great...

I live in Coon Rapids (right next to Blaine). Now I know there are three of us fighting for the same games in the same store.

Its even worse when one of them works at one of the stores. :lol:

New sig coming soon.

#33 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:02 PM

Its even worse when one of them works at one of the stores. :lol:

Wait, you work at Blaine TRU? I used to work for that store! I mean technically anyway, I was part of the remodel crew a few years ago and got hired through the Blaine store but spent all my time working in the Bloomington store.

#34 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:59 AM

Wait, you work at Blaine TRU? I used to work for that store! I mean technically anyway, I was part of the remodel crew a few years ago and got hired through the Blaine store but spent all my time working in the Bloomington store.

Nope, I'm across the street at CC. :D

New sig coming soon.

#35 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:44 AM

Nope, I'm across the street at CC. :D

Ahh, I figured it was TRU cause that's the store we were talking about. Well its not wonder I didn't find squat at that CC during the $9.99 summer sale, did you guys have any Baten Kaitos when the sale started?

#36 gameguy22006

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:29 PM

So...who's gonna hit TRU on Sunday (tomorrow)?

I live over by Roseville - the nearest TRU is in Maplewood though I've never been there. Which is the best TRU (in terms of game selection in the TC)?

BTW...Go Wild.

You're haven't missed out on anything at the Maplewood TRU. I've found the Roseville location to have a much better selection...only problem is that they closed down :lol:
Posted Image

#37 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:38 AM

Ahh, I figured it was TRU cause that's the store we were talking about. Well its not wonder I didn't find squat at that CC during the $9.99 summer sale, did you guys have any Baten Kaitos when the sale started?

If I remember right we only had a few copies and they went pretty quickly. And no it was not me who took em all. I only snagged "Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King" for the GBA and "Ridge Racer" for the DS during the sale along with the XBox "Return Of The King" for $7.50ish.

Tempted to grab "Prince Of Persia" for the GBA now that its $7.50ish. :D

New sig coming soon.

#38 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:50 PM

One of the employees at the Circuit City in Coon Rapids spent about 30 minutes finding the one copy in stock of MegaMan Anniversary Collection for the GameCube when it went on sale. He even knew that I must have known about the sale from a "list posted online." If only all store employees were that dedicated. . .

#39 Rihan

Rihan

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:39 AM

One of the employees at the Circuit City in Coon Rapids spent about 30 minutes finding the one copy in stock of MegaMan Anniversary Collection for the GameCube when it went on sale. He even knew that I must have known about the sale from a "list posted online." If only all store employees were that dedicated. . .

Make sure you give a good word to his manager. Its not too often we come across employees this willing to hunt things down.
Why is the rum always gone?
Posted Image

#40 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Glad I was able to help. :D

New sig coming soon.

#41 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:58 AM

Oh and I must admit that the Half Price Books in Coon Rapids has improved quite a bit lately. I've gotten some good scores including:

Twlight Zone The Complete Series (the recent UPN one) - $9.98
Full House Season One - $9.98
Pink Floyd - The Early Singles - $7.98 (this is pretty rare as this only got released with the Shine On boxset)

They have also gotten a LARGE amount of Laserdiscs as of lately. There are a few that I might end up picking up eventually as well. :)

New sig coming soon.

#42 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

I've all but given up on the Half Price Books in Coon Rapids when it comes to console games. It's a great place to pick up NFL Fever 2003 for $7.99, but that's about it for selection. PC games are really hit or miss. I do like their return policy -- full credit if returned within 30 days on all software/games. For about six months, I bought/returned for credit/rebought games using the same original credit again and again. I was the ultimate CAG.

Most of my money goes to the Pawn America mentioned a few posts back. They do odd pricing, though. They'll have a Luigi's Mansion for $20.00 sitting right next to an identical one for $8.00. I bought a used Gamecube with one controller from one of their eBay auctions for $33.00 -- with no shipping because I just picked it up at their Fridley location -- and it looked brand new.

#43 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:35 PM

Oh, and by the way, if it really was you, demomanTNA, that found that Megaman game for me, thanks! I was so excited to get it. Now maybe someday I'll have the time to play it.

#44 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

Yeah that HPB is crap when it comes to console games. Then again I understand why they don't get much in when they pay even lower than Gamestop or EB does - and HPB also will take pretty much anything so that is why you see floods of NFL Fever 2003 (amongst every other older sports game).

I do agree Pawn America does have some odd pricing. Same with the Goodwill next to the Target Greatland by Northtown. They just got a TON of Target's recent clearance items in and obviously they have been marked up far over what Target was clearing them out for... well except for the Samsung 26 inch HDTV (which at $250 is a nice deal tho the remote is missing... unless they got it at the register since I didn't ask).

New sig coming soon.

#45 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

Oh, and by the way, if it really was you, demomanTNA, that found that Megaman game for me, thanks! I was so excited to get it. Now maybe someday I'll have the time to play it.

Never a problem to help out a fellow CAGer. I figure since many other forum members around here have helped me score some nice deals that its fair to return the favor by helping out myself (by posting CC markdowns, clearance lists, etc etc etc).

Anyways... gotta get ready for my shift soon. Sadly I get to miss out on watching the Vikes game this week on my nice HDTV but hell... not like as if I am missing anything. :rofl:

New sig coming soon.

#46 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:40 PM

Daunte is out for the rest of the season and for most of next. What do you all think, time to tank the season and hope for drafting Matt Leinart?

#47 starman9000

starman9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:58 PM

Daunte is out for the rest of the season and for most of next. What do you all think, time to tank the season and hope for drafting Matt Leinart?

Well, I think the decision to "tank" the season is really nothing that they can control, their lack of talent/coaching is already taking care of that. If they did try to tank, they would probably end up backdooring into the playoffs again.
"Just give me the cheapass games mmmmkay!!"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=51530

#48 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:25 PM

Well, I think the decision to "tank" the season is really nothing that they can control, their lack of talent/coaching is already taking care of that. If they did try to tank, they would probably end up backdooring into the playoffs again.

Worse yet is if they end up backdooring into the Super Bowl. :hot:

Given the Vikes... anything IS possible.

New sig coming soon.

#49 dragonreborn23

dragonreborn23

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:39 PM

Hehe, well Brad Johnson is old, slow, and not very flashy, but he certainly won't lose the Vikes games like a certain other guy. (whose knee they are still scraping up off the field) This might be a blessing for the Vikings no matter what happens. On one hand they could turn their season around...I mean this is the NFC North people! On the other hand they lose every game they have left and have a chance at Matt Lienart or Vince Young. Lets face it, Culpepper has been exposed as a fraud. Moss made him look like an MVP. I was fooled like everyone else. Hopefully Ziggy can fix the mess that is the Minnesota Vikings.

#50 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

If anyone wants to feel sorry for me, the ONLY television I watch is the Vikings games (as TV eats up valuable gaming time). I don't mind having Brad Johnson back at the helm (not that he will do us any good), as I was sad when we traded him back in 1998. For some reason, we traded him in favor of such MVP quarterbacks as Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham. And four years later, Johnson won a Superbowl. And the Vikings . . . well, at least they can still be contenders in Madden 98.

#51 1SwtDeception

1SwtDeception

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

Hey any of you guys saw the Mario DDR contest flyer for EB? Anyone going?
Posted Image

#52 jdirtybird32

jdirtybird32

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

Ewww. Then I'd have to go to EB. Anybody played Mario DDR and is it worthwhile?

Also, Demoman who is the woman in your sig?

#53 dbiersdorf

dbiersdorf

Forever Young

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:24 AM

Anyone seen any locations that carry Pheonix Wright or Trauma Center for DS near Edina/Minneapolis? I have yet to see either in stores, and I want both.

(preferablly best buy so i can use gamer gift card)

#54 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:55 AM

Anyone seen any locations that carry Pheonix Wright or Trauma Center for DS near Edina/Minneapolis? I have yet to see either in stores, and I want both.

(preferablly best buy so i can use gamer gift card)

A poster in another thread claimed that Best Buy won't be carrying Phoenix Wright.

#55 dbiersdorf

dbiersdorf

Forever Young

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

What, why?

#56 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:13 AM

Can anyone verify seeing a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters in either a Best Buy or Circuit City in the Twin Cities area? I was hoping to pick up a copy with the Best Buy 2 for $30 deal, but no one at Best Buy had any idea what that game even was, if it ever was in stock, or ever would be in stock.

One more thing . . . hooray for the Vikings! Six yards of total offense in the first half and they still win.

#57 snoopydoggy2002

snoopydoggy2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:38 AM

anyone one going early for a 360?

#58 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:17 PM

Yes, go Vikes, but the worst possible scenario is that we win enough games to keep Mike Tice.

I was thinking of picking up a 360 Snoop. I see that the flagship BB by the headquarters in Richfield is getting about 180 of them. Other BBs around here are getting 60-70. If I get that urge to pick one up, I'll just try walking in at opening.

#59 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

Can anyone verify seeing a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters in either a Best Buy or Circuit City in the Twin Cities area? I was hoping to pick up a copy with the Best Buy 2 for $30 deal, but no one at Best Buy had any idea what that game even was, if it ever was in stock, or ever would be in stock.

I swear I have seen it at my CC but don't quote me as I've been gone since last Friday.

New sig coming soon.

#60 graft

graft

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

Man, you guys need to stop going to GameStop. FuncoLand was of course a locally owned company, which is why MN has so many GameStops now (since Funcoland sold out to the company that owns GameStop), but it's rare to see even a decent deal there.

GameCrazy is the place to go. There's one in Roseville off of Snelling, South of the mall area, across the street from the HarMar theater. The guys that work there are pretty cool and laid back. They're usually more on-top of new realeases than all of the other stores around here too.

I went there and picked up Gunstar Super Heroes (no other stores had it in), and I talked to the guys a while about the new Katamari game. I said that I didn't want to pay $30 for it. They looked around, and they didn't have any used copies, so the guy was cool enough to offer me $5 off. I think they liked the fact that I could talk to them about old NES games, too. Anyway, if you're cool, you might be able to get stuff for cheaper than usual there. Don't pressure them to give you a discount though, I don't want to lose my discounts D: