Photo
- - - - -

Minnesota Deals Topic

• Please log in to reply
2494 replies to this topic

#91 Satoshi-kun

Satoshi-kun

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:59 AM

My apologies, I meant Woodbury, not Fridley.

#92 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:48 AM

I pretty much have given up on Gamestop a long time ago... well at least the Northtown location (or locations for now as we got TWO of them across from each other). One time I called looking for the Pelican System Selector Pro and the guy said "yeah we got it." So I go on in but it turns out that he mistook the Gamestop cheapy componet selector for the Pelican one. Easy mistake but his stupidity afterwards is what pissed me off when he claimed that "the Pelican got recalled" after he admitted a moment prior to not knowing the difference between the two.

Northtown area, eh? What city do you live in? I used to live over by that area.
Posted Image

#93 dbiersdorf

dbiersdorf

Forever Young

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

Hey guys, just a heads up a Games 'N Go is opening in Southdale at Edina tomorrow! I'm going first thing in the morning. :)

#94 twiztidgear

twiztidgear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:08 AM

There's a Games 'N Go in Brooklyn Park also. It's a decent place, they have stuff from pretty much all generations. Prices are a bit high though. I don't think this one will be lasting very long as a big new Gamestop moved in down the road just a while ago.

#95 gameguy22006

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:54 AM

Did anyone here go out early for Black Friday? (I sorta wanted to, but I was out of town earlier today) Maybe I'll do a little shopping tomorrow though.
Posted Image

#96 HeyBeerman

HeyBeerman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:54 AM

Didn't leave the house. Sadly, there was nothing I needed today. Might try for the DS @ Target this weekend tho.

#97 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:35 PM

Sadly I had to work but otherwise if I didn't have to work on BF then I would of stayed home as I know how crazy people get on BF.

New sig coming soon.

#98 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:03 PM

I went to the BB by Ridgedale on BF. Picked up an iPod nano for my GF w/ a $25 iTunes giftcard for free. I also got the new War of the Worlds DVD, which was supposed to be $14.99, but when I checked my receipt, it rang as $19.99. Would it be possible to go get the $5 do you think?
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

#99 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:40 AM

I went to the BB by Ridgedale on BF. Picked up an iPod nano for my GF w/ a $25 iTunes giftcard for free. I also got the new War of the Worlds DVD, which was supposed to be $14.99, but when I checked my receipt, it rang as $19.99. Would it be possible to go get the $5 do you think?

BBY's $14.99 price on WotW ended on Wednesday that week.

New sig coming soon.

#100 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:24 PM

BBY's $14.99 price on WotW ended on Wednesday that week.

I was afraid of that, but they still had the sign up on the display. I'd never be able to convince them of that though.
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

#101 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

There's no Gamerush in Minnesota? I read the deal with the automataic $10 off any new game ($49.99) and tried looking for a Gamerush but can't find any. Do we even have one?

#102 1SwtDeception

1SwtDeception

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

Nope MN doesn't have any Gamerush.
Posted Image

#103 SDMeslow

SDMeslow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

thought others might be interested -

timesplitters: future perfect is $9.99 for gc and ps2 in the clearance at the maplewood toys r us, and there are still a few copies left. xbox rang up at $49.99.

#104 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

Don't die on us Minnesota Deals Topic thread... come on my fellow MNers.... keep this thread ALIVE. :D

New sig coming soon.

#105 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:03 PM

If only there would be a good deal in Minnesota, I would love to post it. I was hoping the local Costcos would get in a shipment of Xbox 360s like on the East/West coast, but no such luck. I frequent the pawn shops, EB games, and Toys 'R Us in the area, and there hasn't been anything worth buying or even talking about for a long time.

#106 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

If only there would be a good deal in Minnesota, I would love to post it. I was hoping the local Costcos would get in a shipment of Xbox 360s like on the East/West coast, but no such luck. I frequent the pawn shops, EB games, and Toys 'R Us in the area, and there hasn't been anything worth buying or even talking about for a long time.

Yep, I agree. It takes a lot of hunting for us MN CAGers to get a great deal. Also, when the Fuck do we get a Gamerush!?!?

#107 Transformah

Transformah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

... or a Fry's

#108 gameguy22006

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

I know, it sucks. We miss out on a lot of deals that the rest of the country gets.
Posted Image

#109 Snoozer

Snoozer

pay no mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

RvB: Have you checked out the Media Play in St Cloud yet? If so, anything to speak of?
I am tempted to drive up there and check out the store closing sales. That wont be happening for awhile with this damn snow storm!

#110 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

My cousin lives in Freeport, MN, just north of St Cloud and he was telling me about the Media Play closing. If I lived as close as him, I would be checking there for deals all the time.

#111 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:54 AM

RvB: Have you checked out the Media Play in St Cloud yet? If so, anything to speak of?
I am tempted to drive up there and check out the store closing sales. That wont be happening for awhile with this damn snow storm!

Don't bother, there's plenty of other better deals out there right now. Video games are only 10% at this point which means that the $10 off best buy coupon is still a better deal. The DVDs are only 20% off and that doesn't make up for Media Play's already high markup.

#112 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:54 AM

Yep, I agree. It takes a lot of hunting for us MN CAGers to get a great deal.

Exactly. However it feels pretty sweet whenever I can find a deal. Speaking of which I was at the Northtown Toys R Us last Friday. They had some pretty good deals going on including some good games marked down to $9.99 including "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals" for the GC and "Atari Retro Collection" for the DS.

I also periodically check the Half Price Books by Northtown at least once a week. Seems like as of lately I always find at least one good deal per visit. Best deal I've gotten is the rare Pink Floyd CD "The Early Singles" which only got released with the ubber leet "Shine On" boxset and a copy of Bucker And Garcia's "Pac-Man Fever" CD.

Speaking of which I think I need to make a stop by over there very soon... :D

New sig coming soon.

#113 tickdude

tickdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:40 AM

Best deal I've gotten is the rare Pink Floyd CD "The Early Singles" which only got released with the ubber leet "Shine On" boxset and a copy of Bucker And Garcia's "Pac-Man Fever" CD.

Never thought I would see the day that Pink Floyd and Pac-Man Fever would be mentioned in the same breath.

Gotta go to the Maplewood shopping uber urban sprawl this weekend and do the ol' EB -> TRU -> Half-Price Books run. I gotta agree with you guys about the lack of places to purchase cag's, and with the eventual merger and downsizing of the GameStop / EBGames monster, our choices will be further limited. Maybe Best Buy will change their ways and offer more in the way of discounts to bring back the "devil customers". We may purchase games for cheap, but if they kept them cheap, they would probably recover their margin since we would definitely keep the shelves empty! Either that, or hell freezes over.

#114 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:46 AM

Never thought I would see the day that Pink Floyd and Pac-Man Fever would be mentioned in one paragraph.

Gotta go to the Maplewood shopping uber urban sprawl this weekend and do the ol' EB -> TRU -> Half-Price Books run.

Don't forget about the Gamestop and that independent video game store over by Noodles and IHOP. I love going out to Maplewood, only I also add Shinders to my trip also to see about comics. So much good stuff right there in that little area. Maybe I'll go out there this weekend when I'm at my parents house.

#115 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:48 AM

Speaking of which I think I need to make a stop by over there very soon... :D

Meh, don't bother. I was there last weekend and they didn't have squat.

BTW, I keep forgetting to ask. Was it someone from here that got that Valkyrie Profile strategy guide they had there a few months ago? I saw it one day and passed, then that night I looked for it on Ebay and when I came back the next day the guide was gone.

#116 tickdude

tickdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:55 AM

Don't forget about the Gamestop and that independent video game store over by Noodles and IHOP. I love going out to Maplewood, only I also add Shinders to my trip also to see about comics. So much good stuff right there in that little area. Maybe I'll go out there this weekend when I'm at my parents house.

WHAT...there's a store by the IHOP?!?!? I have to add that to the itinerary. Guess that will another hour to the search....

#117 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:04 AM

Meh, don't bother. I was there last weekend and they didn't have squat.

Its hit and miss with that HPB. There has been times when I would go one day and find not a thing yet show up the next day and easily find a few things within a few minutes that weren't there the day before. Then again it depends on what you are looking for too. Me... its usually CDs, DVDs, and (gasp) Laserdiscs.

New sig coming soon.

#118 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:13 AM

Its hit and miss with that HPB. There has been times when I would go one day and find not a thing yet show up the next day and easily find a few things within a few minutes that weren't there the day before. Then again it depends on what you are looking for too. Me... its usually CDs, DVDs, and (gasp) Laserdiscs.

I almost bought a Jurassic Park Laserdisc there not too long ago. I don't have a Laserdisc player but JP is like a childhood nostalgia thing for me (I think I was about 10 or 11 when it came out).

#119 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 04:27 AM

I almost bought a Jurassic Park Laserdisc there not too long ago. I don't have a Laserdisc player but JP is like a childhood nostalgia thing for me (I think I was about 10 or 11 when it came out).

I almost grabbed that one myself but since it has nothing on it that isn't on the current DVD I passed. Last LD I grabbed there was "Bambi" since it has the sound effect track that is NOT on the DVD release. Worth the $7 I paid for it right there just for that alone. :D

New sig coming soon.

#120 SDMeslow

SDMeslow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:27 AM

The independent game store by Noodles & Company is Toyriffic - they're pretty good people, and they pay cash (albeit little) for games. They also have virtually every rare game I'm aware of... for a pretty hefty fee. Twice a year they do a half-off sale that's pretty well frequented, but they pull all the systems and rare stuff. Still worth checking out; I'll post it here the next time one comes around.