• Please log in to reply
2504 replies to this topic

#181 tickdude

tickdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:26 AM

And on another note...

IS THAT FREAKIN' RAIN I HEAR OUTSIDE...IN JANUARY?

#182 dyreschlock

dyreschlock

import friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:32 AM

ugh... this winter started off so promising, and now it's 35 degrees out..
Games List (updated, use mozilla)
Support Lisp | Ban Cobol | Love Java

#183 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:03 AM

Whatever guys, this winter has effin ruled!

#184 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:03 PM

ugh... this winter started off so promising, and now it's 35 degrees out..

Its 44 here right now.

New sig coming soon.

#185 Rxneo

Rxneo

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:48 AM

just to let everyone know, Electro Plankton might be in Games n Go at Southdale. I heard the manager talking about getting it in his store.

#186 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:54 AM

just to let everyone know, Electro Plankton might be in Games n Go at Southdale. I heard the manager talking about getting it in his store.

Nice. Too bad I live too far away to go there. :cry:

New sig coming soon.

#187 toastapley

toastapley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:21 AM

i just found out that the new gamestop in lino lakes will have 360's in the day it opens (wed or thurs) if anyone is interested

#188 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:39 AM

i just found out that the new gamestop in lino lakes will have 360's in the day it opens (wed or thurs) if anyone is interested

Where in Lino Lakes is there a new Gamestop? This is the first I have heard about this, and I'm within spiting distance of Lino Lakes myself.

New sig coming soon.

#189 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:41 AM

Went to the Toys R Us in Blaine today. They still have some $9.99 games - not much but if anyone is looking for a cheap copy of "Doom 3" XBox or "Final Fantasy 1 & 2" GBA there were a few there now that weren't there a few weeks ago. I also saw a TON of XBox Live kits that are supposed to be 70% off since they were green stickered but I didn't find out how much they were (as I couldn't find an employee... as usual).

New sig coming soon.

#190 toastapley

toastapley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:36 AM

Where in Lino Lakes is there a new Gamestop? This is the first I have heard about this, and I'm within spiting distance of Lino Lakes myself.

it's right off of county rd 23 and 35 w. about 5 miles north of where 35w meets highway 10

#191 nintendokid

nintendokid

MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Anyone know if there are anymore GBA players at Woodbury or Duluth, the closing TRUs? If so, what's the % off hardware right now?

#192 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

Duluth MN is now 30% off games and Systems, and 50% off accessories. They were no more GBA Players though they had Game Boy Micros in stock.

#193 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:51 PM

I picked up the last Fire Emblem but the pickings are pretty slim and they repriced a lot of theten dollar games in the Duluth store back up to 20,

#194 dbiersdorf

dbiersdorf

Forever Young

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:44 AM

I called them today, they only have a few DS games, none of which are Elektroplankton.

#195 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:51 PM

My sister just came back from <blank>, and she just told me a store is going out of business FOR SURE and signs have been verified (she knows I'm always on the lookout for cheap sales). I will be checking the store later tonight and will verify what is being clearanced. I will then fill in the <blank> sometime this weekend (don't try looking for it, it's pretty far from Saint Paul). Sorry, but I gotta get first dibs :)
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#196 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:37 AM

I'm guessing its Suncoast as I heard the Northtown location is closing.

New sig coming soon.

#197 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

I think all Suncoasts in MN are being wiped out.

#198 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:36 AM

I'm not surprised. Like I said earlier the only customers I ever see in Suncoast I swear are people who are too stupid to realize that other places sell DVDs besides K-Mart.... or people in the retirement home age.

New sig coming soon.

#199 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

AW MAN! IT'S THE WRONG STORE! My sister said Sam Goody, I automatically thought Sam's "CLUB" aw shucks! me = feeling like an a$$ right now :) since I already knew Goody's were closing all over the nation.

Minnesota Public Announcement: THe newly opened, 2-3 year old Sam Goody located in Maplewood Mall in Maplewood, MN is closing. Nothing new, but there's a lot of good games to be had if it goes to 40-50% off...
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#200 Azeroth2k

Azeroth2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:38 AM

This is a BIG YMMV, but I just stopped into the EB in Apple Valley to pick up a pre-order and sitting on the counter were two TOTALLY COMPLETE copies of Lunar Silver Star Story AND Lunar 2.

Was there a reprint that I was unaware of?

The manager said that they were just shipped to him today, so maybe there's some kind of stockpile somewhere that no one knew about. It could be worth a call to your local EB to see if they got some copies in as well. You may just get lucky.

#201 nintendokid

nintendokid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:45 AM

And...why didn't you pick them up for yourself? :)

It's too bad I just have other games to buy instead! But.. new complete Lunar 1 and 2?

#202 Azeroth2k

Azeroth2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:09 AM

And...why didn't you pick them up for yourself? :)

It's too bad I just have other games to buy instead! But.. new complete Lunar 1 and 2?

lol, guess I left that part out. Of course I bought them! How could I pass those up!?

#203 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:59 AM

This is a BIG YMMV, but I just stopped into the EB in Apple Valley to pick up a pre-order and sitting on the counter were two TOTALLY COMPLETE copies of Lunar Silver Star Story AND Lunar 2.

The manager said that they were just shipped to him today, so maybe there's some kind of stockpile somewhere that no one knew about. It could be worth a call to your local EB to see if they got some copies in as well. You may just get lucky.

Yeah that happened to me to but with other games, they had Persona 2 and Rhapsody in stock in one day at my local gamestop both complete the sales guy said it was kind of weird they got a bunch of copies at the same time as other stores.

#204 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:02 AM

Well, with Working Designs closed and out of business, I doubt they were reprints. They must have found a bunch somewhere though as I recall witnessing the same thing at the Maplewood EB about a week and a half ago (couple copies of Lunar 1 and 2 on the counter...didn't look to see if they were new or preowned).
End of line.

#205 Azeroth2k

Azeroth2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:12 AM

Yeah that happened to me to but with other games, they had Persona 2 and Rhapsody in stock in one day at my local gamestop both complete the sales guy said it was kind of weird they got a bunch of copies at the same time as other stores.

That's actually why I wondered if they were reprints. Persona 2 and Rhapsody were both reprinted recently so they aren't really rare anymore. I've picked up Persona 2 myself and it was obviously new sold as used.

Well, with Working Designs closed and out of business, I doubt they were reprints. They must have found a bunch somewhere though as I recall witnessing the same thing at the Maplewood EB about a week and a half ago (couple copies of Lunar 1 and 2 on the counter...didn't look to see if they were new or preowned).

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Hard to reprint something when you're out of business. But their closing down was the first thing that came to mind...and that maybe they had some copies at their HQ or something.

After looking at the condition of the discs, Silver Star Story is MINT. Not a scratch to be seen, but Eternal Blue has visible small scratches that come with use. If they're not new they've been VERY taken care of, which is refreshing considering most used games you see are wrecked beyond description.

#206 bisache

bisache

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:55 PM

I just went to a place called games 4 less in Lino Lakes. It was pretty cool. It had all the old school games and systems, with the new and dvd's. The prices were decent and almost all the old school games were buy 2 get 1 free. I bought I just bought 3 nes games i have been looking for and 3 snes games. I just thought I would let you guys know, I just can't stand gamestop and there cold pushy attitudes, pluss they have old school whitch are hard to find now a day's.

#207 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:01 PM

I just went to a place called games 4 less in Lino Lakes. It was pretty cool. It had all the old school games and systems, with the new and dvd's. The prices were decent and almost all the old school games were buy 2 get 1 free. I bought I just bought 3 nes games i have been looking for and 3 snes games. I just thought I would let you guys know, I just can't stand gamestop and there cold pushy attitudes, pluss they have old school whitch are hard to find now a day's.

We have a store like that in Duluth called All Game that has nothing but classic games on west 1st Street right up one block and to the left after you pass Pizza Luce coming up on Hwy 35 its kind of hard to miss but they had a real good selection since last time I went there.

#208 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:08 PM

If anyone is still looking for the Xbox 360, they have the bundles in stock (as of 10 minutes ago) at the Costco in Coon Rapids. It's the $488 bundle with the included hard drive, extra controller, play and charge kit, and Project Gotham Racing 3. I don't know how many they have, as they only had one on display at the front of the store.

#209 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:13 AM

If anyone is still looking for the Xbox 360, they have the bundles in stock (as of 10 minutes ago) at the Costco in Coon Rapids. It's the $488 bundle with the included hard drive, extra controller, play and charge kit, and Project Gotham Racing 3. I don't know how many they have, as they only had one on display at the front of the store.

Yeah I believe that is the only place in the entire Anoka area that has 360s in on a near regular basis. Its not a bad deal either, but I'm going to wait until the premium can be had for around $250-300 before I jump to the 360.

New sig coming soon.

#210 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:25 AM

how were the prices on the nes games?