Minnesota Deals Topic

• Please log in to reply
2496 replies to this topic

#211 rally9x

rally9x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:16 AM

Well, with Working Designs closed and out of business, I doubt they were reprints. They must have found a bunch somewhere though as I recall witnessing the same thing at the Maplewood EB about a week and a half ago (couple copies of Lunar 1 and 2 on the counter...didn't look to see if they were new or preowned).

The gamestop in mankato, mn (the one in the mall) had arc the lad collection, lunar 1 and 2 like this also. They were pretty beat up. I got arc the lad and ran out of their before I spent more money (I have lunars disk and case already)

#212 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:55 AM

The gamestop in mankato, mn (the one in the mall) had arc the lad collection, lunar 1 and 2 like this also. They were pretty beat up. I got arc the lad and ran out of their before I spent more money (I have lunars disk and case already)

Last time I was at the Midway St. Paul Gamestop they had 3-4 complete arc the lad collections and 1 of the lunars. No way they were reprints all of the boxes had scuffing on the outside and the bare cardboard edges that are supposed to be white were very yellowed.

#213 bisache

bisache

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:26 PM

how were the prices on the nes games?

From what I remember pretty reasonable. All the old school games (nes, snes,n64,ps1 and even gb and gba) and dvd's were buy 2 get 1 free. I think there most expensive game was Zelda at $17.99, but everything averaged around $5 or $6.

#214 Azeroth2k

Azeroth2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

Does anyone know any good places around the Twin Cities, specifically the Southern Metro, that has a decent selection of game or anime figures/statues?

#215 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

I don't know if this is nationwide but the Toys R Us in Blaine is supposed to be getting (if they haven't already) Elecktroplankton for the DS. I was in a few weeks ago and saw the display boxes sitting there. The R Zone folks told me that they are just waiting for the copies to come in. I'm going by today (as in Sunday) to see if they got it in yet. :D

New sig coming soon.

#216 Rxneo

Rxneo

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:55 AM

The EB games at the Eden Prarie Mall has Klonoa for the PS1 (without the back slip) for 15, amd Rhaphsody for 30. and a store called Too Cool (bottom floor near EB) has some neat anime and game related stuff too, like a mini keyblade from kingdom hearts. just to let everyone know

#217 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:05 AM

Any one know any pawn shops that have a decent selection and prices on NES games? Pawnamerica in robinsdale sucks, they want 50$ + for final fantasy III for SNES.

On another note, has anyone ever found a decent deal at Games N Go? Since they are one of the few stores around that sells older games I stop in there every once and a while only to realize that they want 250$ for Panzer Dragoon Saga.

#218 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:08 AM

Duluth MN TRU is now 50% off games and 70% off accessories. Its also closing in 6 days. Still had some decent DS stuff repriced a lot of stuff to so they are more expensive then a week ago. They had Baiten Kaitos at 30 before discount and they had Battalion Wars like 5 copies since someone had asked about that. I was tempted to get a couple newer games but I realized I can wait a few months to get them when I have the actual time to play them.

#219 1SwtDeception

1SwtDeception

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:12 AM

Does anyone know any good places around the Twin Cities, specifically the Southern Metro, that has a decent selection of game or anime figures/statues?

Shinders? Up in Roseville? It's very decent ish. Not the greatest.

MN has a lot of pages.

I remember when they had the "reprints" of Gitaroo Man, Rhasody, Persona 2.. they call it more like "suddenly finding it and giving it away" or something.
Posted Image

#220 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:18 AM

Duluth MN TRU is now 50% off games and 70% off accessories. Its also closing in 6 days. Still had some decent DS stuff repriced a lot of stuff to so they are more expensive then a week ago. They had Baiten Kaitos at 30 before discount and they had Battalion Wars like 5 copies since someone had asked about that. I was tempted to get a couple newer games but I realized I can wait a few months to get them when I have the actual time to play them.

Sounds like some good deals, but unfortunatly I live in the twin cities area.

#221 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:24 AM

There is a large comic book store a couple of blocks from the roseville gamecrazy on snelling. Can't remember the name, it is on the corner and on one side of it is a gas station and the other side is some fancy resturant. Went in there once on the .0001% chance they would have video games, they had a ton of stuff though, even stuff like sealed gi joes from WWII.

#222 Azeroth2k

Azeroth2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

Shinders? Up in Roseville? It's very decent ish. Not the greatest.

Yeah, I thought Shinders may have had SOME kind of selection, but the one in Burnsville had almost nothing. Maybe I'll have to check out a different one.

There is a large comic book store a couple of blocks from the roseville gamecrazy on snelling. Can't remember the name, it is on the corner and on one side of it is a gas station and the other side is some fancy resturant. Went in there once on the .0001% chance they would have video games, they had a ton of stuff though, even stuff like sealed gi joes from WWII.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

#223 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

The name of it is The Source and, while the do carry a bit of anime stuff, IIRC its mostly gaming and comic books. Its been a few months since I've been there so they may have started carrying more anime.

#224 tickdude

tickdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

The name of it is The Source and, while the do carry a bit of anime stuff, IIRC its mostly gaming and comic books. Its been a few months since I've been there so they may have started carrying more anime.

I live just a mile from the place and it's absolutely awesome. Lots of new and classic tabletop games, comic books and comic book stuff, etc. There are anime DVD's in the north side of the store as you walk in and past the counter.

#225 Azeroth2k

Azeroth2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

The Source! I remember when they used to run TV commercials during afternoon cartoons way back in the early 90's. I forgot about that place.

#226 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

We still have Psychonauts at the Duluth MN TRU

#227 1SwtDeception

1SwtDeception

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:01 PM

The Source has great stuff.. but damn it's expensive (at least in my eyes). They have rare stuff... Well the stuff animal I got was $24-26 dollars. Cute thing, but too much.
Posted Image

#228 bisache

bisache

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:58 PM

Any one know any pawn shops that have a decent selection and prices on NES games? Pawnamerica in robinsdale sucks, they want 50$ + for final fantasy III for SNES.

On another note, has anyone ever found a decent deal at Games N Go? Since they are one of the few stores around that sells older games I stop in there every once and a while only to realize that they want 250$ for Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I just went to games 4 less in Lino to get some snes games today. They are ok priced and they have all the old and new stuff. They probably had about 60 nes games, alittle more of the snes and probably close to 100 n64. The best thing is if you buy 2 you get 1 free.

#229 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

I just went to games 4 less in Lino to get some snes games today. They are ok priced and they have all the old and new stuff. They probably had about 60 nes games, alittle more of the snes and probably close to 100 n64. The best thing is if you buy 2 you get 1 free.

Where exactly is this place? I tried doing an internet search for it, but can't find it.

#230 bisache

bisache

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

Where exactly is this place? I tried doing an internet search for it, but can't find it.

It's in Lino Lakes off of Birch st. and Hodgson rd. in the spirit hills little mall between a liquir store and a gas station. Look it up on mapquest.

#231 inubu

inubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:31 AM

It's in Lino Lakes off of Birch st. and Hodgson rd. in the spirit hills little mall between a liquir store and a gas station. Look it up on mapquest.

I stopped by after work. Thanks for the directions. I wouldn't have found it in a million years otherwise.

It's the first time I've seen that many NES games in one place in one time for a long time. I was hunting for some old Gameboy games, which they had quite a few of, but not any of the ones I was looking for.

#232 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:08 AM

Duluth Tru was down to 70% the store was pretty bare prolly about a row of stuff still left total in the store small handful of games including Battallion Wars.

#233 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:17 AM

Any TNA figures left... especially any Jeff Jarrett ones? :rofl:

(Yeah even those are probably gone but I thought I'd ask)

New sig coming soon.

#234 Teodoric79

Teodoric79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

Any TNA figures left... especially any Jeff Jarrett ones? :rofl:

(Yeah even those are probably gone but I thought I'd ask)

Sorry no they were gone when I looked next day store was pretty picked clean.

I also tried to get some of the posters for games in their secure storage room but they wouldn't give them to me.

Oh well I think they're closed now no time to go up and check though.

#235 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:48 AM

For those of who who have been sleeping in a cave... Circuit City has a 360 relaunch this Sunday and yes Northtown will have a few 360s in stock (along with the rest of the Twin Cities). I highly recommend if you are looking to score a 360 to show up early. Stores open at 10 AM, but who knows what kind of line up there will be before opening. There will be vouchers for those who show up early.

New sig coming soon.

#236 dbiersdorf

dbiersdorf

Forever Young

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

Got a complete copy of Final Fantasy III on the SNES at Games 'n Go for $50.

#237 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

That reminds me, Toyriffic over at Maplewood has a LOT of complete SNES games in right now. Off the top of my head there was Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Ogre Battle, and Breath of Fire II. They were sealed but I'm pretty sure that it was just a reseal job. The kicker though is that they're all about $100 each...

#238 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

Surprising to hear games 'n go had a decent price on something.

#239 nintendokid

nintendokid

MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

That reminds me, Toyriffic over at Maplewood has a LOT of complete SNES games in right now. Off the top of my head there was Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, Ogre Battle, and Breath of Fire II. They were sealed but I'm pretty sure that it was just a reseal job. The kicker though is that they're all about $100 each...

Yeah, they are all reseal and they aren't a dick about it, they tell you straight up that it's not new and they only do that so it keeps dust and oxygen from killing the box. Cool thing is, they let you check out any game and they from top to bottom and don't watch you like you are going to steal it. It is quite spendy, but remember, they do negotiate and bargain, to my knowledge. I scored 11 Dragonball Z dvds (the uncut originals all with cases) last summer for $90 - much, much cheaper than Ebay, trust me on that. I went in there last month and sadly, all of the DBZ stuff are gone. But oh well, if anyone else knows where to get alot of DBZ dvds for a good deal (not Suncoast) tell me about it.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#240 billyG

billyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:02 AM

Yeah, they are all reseal and they aren't a dick about it, they tell you straight up that it's not new and they only do that so it keeps dust and oxygen from killing the box. Cool thing is, they let you check out any game and they from top to bottom and don't watch you like you are going to steal it. It is quite spendy, but remember, they do negotiate and bargain, to my knowledge. I scored 11 Dragonball Z dvds (the uncut originals all with cases) last summer for $90 - much, much cheaper than Ebay, trust me on that. I went in there last month and sadly, all of the DBZ stuff are gone. But oh well, if anyone else knows where to get alot of DBZ dvds for a good deal (not Suncoast) tell me about it.

The gamestop near ridgedale has a ton of DBZ dvds and they are all B2G1F.