• Please log in to reply
2496 replies to this topic

#2461 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

I had 3 vouchers to use.

Were you able to use multiple in a row without an issue? Obviously not in the same transaction...

I then asked if I could add a points card on top of the preorder, since I was told that you couldn't use it on points alone. Again, he tried, and it worked. $10 preorder and points card for $5 total.

From there, I asked if that same idea of buying something besides the points card in the same transaction would let it work, and he said it looked like it.

I asked the exact same thing and was told no...

So it really comes down to being nice and trying to find someone who might not be completely against using the vouchers for cards.

I know it probably wasn't intentional, but this line kinda implies I wasn't nice when I went in... Just for the record, I was if anything too nice. I mean hell, I constantly was apologizing for wasting the guy's time trying different methods and asking his manager various things.

Guess I'll go tomorrow and try my luck again...

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#2462 icysoul556

icysoul556

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Were you able to use multiple in a row without an issue? Obviously not in the same transaction...

I asked the exact same thing and was told no...

I know it probably wasn't intentional, but this line kinda implies I wasn't nice when I went in... Just for the record, I was if anything too nice. I mean hell, I constantly was apologizing for wasting the guy's time trying different methods and asking his manager various things.

Guess I'll go tomorrow and try my luck again...

Oh sorry, I was referencing the post I made in the main thread, in which I thought my anger came through. When we went in on Sunday and were told no on the points card, I was much more impatient and basically argued with the manager guy as to why they wouldn't do it when other stores around the country would. I meant no disrespect to a fellow CAGer :D

And in regards to using 3, I actually called ahead and asked if I could and they said it was a one voucher per person deal through the entire promotion, which I didn't believe either, so I decided to try my luck with the guy who helped me out in the end, and he had no problems using the 3. They were 3 separate transactions though, yes.

Just have to get lucky with the right associate it seems.

#2463 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, I've had guys who clearly recognized me and didn't mind that I was doing it again, and on one occasion had a girl who had never seen me but denied me when I said I had done it once before (and had been told I could do it again). You know how it goes, some store associates get hung up on what they think are the rules and no one ends up knowing the rules in the end.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#2464 icysoul556

icysoul556

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

EDIT: Trade complete

Edited by icysoul556, 30 October 2012 - 09:14 PM.
trade completed

#2465 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Oh sorry, I was referencing the post I made in the main thread, in which I thought my anger came through. When we went in on Sunday and were told no on the points card, I was much more impatient and basically argued with the manager guy as to why they wouldn't do it when other stores around the country would. I meant no disrespect to a fellow CAGer :D

Ya, I figured as much, just wanted to make sure it was clear. And ya, I had went in after having heard of points no longer working, so I was prepared to not hear the answer I wanted to.

And in regards to using 3, I actually called ahead and asked if I could and they said it was a one voucher per person deal through the entire promotion, which I didn't believe either, so I decided to try my luck with the guy who helped me out in the end, and he had no problems using the 3. They were 3 separate transactions though, yes.

Just have to get lucky with the right associate it seems.

Ya, I'll say, lucky.

Well now that its over, I'm content with my out come. Spent a total of ~$17, got 3 1600msp cards, a pack of AAA batteries, a 2-pack of xbox batteries, and a couple of pre-orders.

EDIT: ahahahaha!! Confirmations on this?: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330047

Edited by EarthBoundX5, 27 October 2012 - 12:42 PM.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2466 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, if they are GC's and not vouchers that's crazy and worth sitting through a couple of times.

May look into it tomorrow...

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#2467 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Yeah, if they are GC's and not vouchers that's crazy and worth sitting through a couple of times.

May look into it tomorrow...

I heard it ended tonight (Sunday); I had a midterm, a final, and 2 projects this weekend, so I didn't get to go, but a couple of my friends did and they both got em. So we at least know they were giving them out, just dont know how many more days for (if at all)

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2468 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I've got tomorrow off and heading over to Willie's so I might be able to swing by MOA and check it out.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#2469 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Walmart in Apple Valley has a bunch of random games on sale for $10. I only really paid attention to the 360 stuff, but there was some PS3 and Wii stuff to. All in a big display in the center of electronics. A couple of games I saw were UFC Personal Trainer, Your Shape Fitness Evolved, Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion, The Adventures of Tin Tin, Disney Universe, a few more I can't remember. I wouldn't drive out there just for it (unless you really want one of those titles) but if you are there worth stopping by and taking a quick look. Sorry I can't report for any other system, was on the phone while searching so I'm surprised I can remember as much as I can.

#2470 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Apple Valley South Target had two of the Black Ops (1 not 2) and controller PS3 bundles for $24 on clearance if anyone is looking for one. Was on the back wall of electronics towards the DVD/Music section.

#2471 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Are any Minnesota CAGs looking for a Wii U Deluxe? I always preorder extra in case I get burnt and this time they both came through. I will sell it to you for cost which is around 380 after taxes etc (sorry not looking at my receipt). Let me know.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2472 vicks

vicks

I heart CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Are any Minnesota CAGs looking for a Wii U Deluxe? I always preorder extra in case I get burnt and this time they both came through. I will sell it to you for cost which is around 380 after taxes etc (sorry not looking at my receipt). Let me know.

Not looking for one but you're a good man...or woman... Good on you! :)

Hope you make someones day. :)

#2473 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Something tells me you might be able to get a bit more for that Wii U Deluxe in the next few weeks.

New sig coming soon.

#2474 silver001

silver001

silvermember

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

sams club Woodbury, MN 3ds 90.99 dollars

#2475 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

sams club Woodbury, MN 3ds 90.99 dollars

awesome, thanks for the info; i'll have to go pick it up as a v-day gift (but really, a VERY late xmas gift, lol)

EDIT: just so its clear, I call dibs :D

EDIT 2: Also, to anyone looking for PSPGos (due to new GS price), there was one at the 3rd floor MoA location, a beaten up (decent still) and a near perfect one (small, potentially annoying scratch on upper part of screen) at The Hub location, 4 in Apply Valley last I checked, etc

EDIT 3: Gonna double post and just list all the stores that have PSP Gos nearby, since they can't be found via website

EDIT 4: Got the DS, its flame red. If anyone has a pink or purple they wanna trade for it, otherwise my g/f will have to suffer, lol :lol:

Edited by EarthBoundX5, 08 February 2013 - 06:25 AM.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2476 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Here are all the PSP Gos at GameStop nearby (as of Feb 4th)

Quantity - Location - City
1 - Mall of America (3rd Floor) - Bloomington
2 - The Hub - Richfield
4 - Apple Valley - Apply Valley
2 - Midway S/C - Saint Paul
2 - South Robert Plaza - West St. Paul
1 - Silver Lake Village - Minneapolis
1 - Northtown Mall Outlet - Blaine
2 - Lino Lakes T/C - Lino Lakes
2 - Shoppes Oak Park Heights - Oak Park Heights

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2477 armagth

armagth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Does anyone have a Costco they could recommend?

I bought a launch PS3 60GB through them before they tightened up their return policy. The Blu-Ray drive is starting to make noise and stuttering playback, so I'm worried it's on its way out.

I'm seeing conflicting stories from people online about Costco honoring their previous policy, so I'd like to not waste time and take it to one that won't hassle me.

#2478 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Ridgedale Sears has two PS Move bundles with Sports Champions and Medieval Moves on clearance for $15

#2479 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Wow, I pretty much gave up on that location. Last time I was there, I didn't think they had enough stock at all let alone any for clearance.

#2480 GaimeGuy

GaimeGuy

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

So I was wondering if there's any places breaking the street date on MH3U (either 3DS or Wii U) in the Twin Cities (preferably south burbs; IE, Burnsville, Apple Valley, Eagan) area? I can't find any.

#2481 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Just got back from Ridgedale/Minnetonka Best Buy, had a few worth mentioning new clearance items...

* :wii: Kirby's Return to Dream Land - $12.50

* :wii: Just Dance 3 - $2.50
* :3ds: Cross Words Plus - $1.25 (HAS CLUB NINTENDO COINS)

* :3ds: Skylanders Starter Pack - $17.50

+ Some other new ones I cant recall, but were nothing interesting

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2482 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

At 1pm today, Knollwood target had a MW3 360 with a second controller and the 320gb hd for $210

Scratch that, I just bought it. There's also a gears of war 3 320gb there. The number is 207-21-0018
Good luck,
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#2483 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Not a great deal, but just to mention; Half-Price books in Crystal has a boxed (opened) Mother 3 in decent condition for $100.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2484 jam919

jam919

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Not deals - but just about every Target and the Micro Center in SLP have XBOX Ones in stock available for sale.

Posted Image

#2485 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Not deals - but just about every Target and the Micro Center in SLP have XBOX Ones in stock available for sale.

To be expected, now find some unsold day one editions and you'll have yourself a magnificent gold star!

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2486 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

To be expected, now find some unsold day one editions and you'll have yourself a magnificent gold star!

You'll probably have a harder time finding an PS4 anywhere at this point.

New sig coming soon.

#2487 eXTechno

eXTechno

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

Any PS4's that are, for some reason, in stock out there?

#2488 eXTechno

eXTechno

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

Just called my local Walmart (Shakopee) and they said they are holding them till Sunday December 15 for sale

Same with Best Buy, doing same thing like last Sunday, get there early and get a ticket for a PS4

#2489 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

So whats the status of all the blockbusters? I've only gone to Bloomington, and up until the 50% off drop, they had alot of good stock...now its pretty meh. Anyone gone to Uptown, W St. Paul or Rosemount recently? Trying to decide where to either check out today, or plan for checking tomorrow early morning...before the asshat hoarder resellers...

163177.pngfs_pc.png
GAP - Since 2003

#2490 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

So whats the status of all the blockbusters? I've only gone to Bloomington, and up until the 50% off drop, they had alot of good stock...now its pretty meh. Anyone gone to Uptown, W St. Paul or Rosemount recently? Trying to decide where to either check out today, or plan for checking tomorrow early morning...before the asshat hoarder resellers...

I've had to laugh at any of the "deals" though as they were grossly overpriced.  If hoarders want to overpay for a bunch of abused discs of movies no one wants, go ahead and let the fools get stuck with them!

End of line.