• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

#871 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:14 AM

Just got back from Batman. Basically... :shock:

Whoa, never heard of this. I may have to check it out. Anyone else planning on going?

And freeky, I'll take a look at the CYES thing. I repalced most of my bulbs with CFLs already, but who knows, maybe I need a... sink aerator?!

metaly, I'm afraid they don't cover your area! :-#
They go as far as Union City... I don't even think they cover San Jose yet! :'(

EDIT: I just called my cousin just now, and I asked him what areas CYES covers... He emailed me this link.

http://maps.google.c...12581cd3ea42c6e

Hopefully it helps those who are interested in the program. ;)

Edited by freakyzeeky, 19 July 2008 - 06:36 AM.

#872 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:18 AM

Oh man, snubbed!

Well... now how am I supposed to aerate my sink on the cheap??

#873 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

Oh man, snubbed!

Well... now how am I supposed to aerate my sink on the cheap??

I dunno man... But I think those aerator pieces are real cheap at your local hardware store. Should be no more than a dollar or two... Definitely worth it for the water you could possibly be saving over time. ;)

#874 Bavgate

Bavgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:46 AM

Geez, I just watched TDK again at Tanforan. :lol:

#875 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

Geez, I just watched TDK again at Tanforan. :lol:

I'm going to see this today! I can't wait! :whee:

#876 TahoeMax

TahoeMax

Tastes good with milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

I saw it at the Jack London cinemas with a bunch of friends. WOWWWW what a great movie...AND A PREVIEW FOR FUCKIN' TERMINATOR?!?!?!?! WHOOOOOOOOOO!

#877 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

I saw it at the Jack London cinemas with a bunch of friends. WOWWWW what a great movie...AND A PREVIEW FOR FUCKIN' TERMINATOR?!?!?!?! WHOOOOOOOOOO!

Terminator... Without Arrnald? :drool:

#878 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

We didn't get a Terminator trailer. :[ But the Watchmen one totally made up for it. I'm still a little worried how they might screw some things up (everything looked too clean, 300-level abuse of slow-mo), but based on the trailer the director really gets Watchmen. My favorite part was actually how they used the same black and yellow logo. :D Can't wait to see what they do for the poster.

#879 TahoeMax

TahoeMax

Tastes good with milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

Terminator... Without Arrnald? :drool:

Yeah...an entire movie taking place during the future war against Skynet...with Christian Bale as John Connor. As much as I'd like an Arnie cameo, this is still an opening night view for me. I have too much history with this series. T2 was the first R-rated movie I saw in theaters. I was 8 :applause:

In other news, I was riding the bus down Broadway in Oakland today and noticed something that made me realize why I love Oakland...at Broadway and 19th St there's a store called Gold Teeth Master.

Awesome.

Simply awesome.

#880 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

I'ma try to go see the dark knight it's not sold out at Tan Foran and century right?
Currently Playing: Halo Reach, Black Ops, New Vegas

#881 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

OMG... The Dark Knight is pure win, what a great movie that was! :applause:

#882 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

I heard it was 3 hours.......
It is three interesting hours or an hour of pure nonsense and 2 good hours or something like that.

#883 Bavgate

Bavgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:03 PM

I'ma try to go see the dark knight it's not sold out at Tan Foran and century right?

Check Fandango first to double-check.

#884 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

Its an edge of your seat 3 hours.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#885 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

It didn't feel long at all, probably because it's paced very well and just a plain excellent movie where something amazing happens in almost every scene. I have to admit I was squirming around during a few of the Joker's scenes, but I think that's just testament to Heath Ledger's performance. He is seriously scary and it's tragic that we won't get to see him again.

#886 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

p.s. TADA!

#887 Bavgate

Bavgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

p.s. TADA!

:applause::applause::applause:

I thought they were going to cut that scene from the movie, but I'm damn happy they didn't!

#888 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:14 AM

So is anyone else thinking of going to that Classic Arcade Games show tomorrow? I wasn't that sure, but then I saw their list had SPACE LORDS on it. I might just be on that the entire time. Let me know if you want to meet up and play some DS/PSP or something. Or just Space Lords. :)

:applause::applause::applause:

I thought they were going to cut that scene from the movie, but I'm damn happy they didn't!

My entire theater applauded after that, and also when
Spoiler
. :D So glad I caught this opening weekend.

#889 Bavgate

Bavgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

My entire theater applauded after that, and also when

Spoiler
. :D So glad I caught this opening weekend.

Yeahhhhhh, my audience kicked ass at the Imax showing. They applauded at the exact same spots and also during a lot more, especially when that 18-wheeler flipped over, even though we've all seen it countless times in the trailers. It just looked so amazing in Imax!

#890 judyjudyjudy

judyjudyjudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:47 AM

It didn't feel long at all, probably because it's paced very well and just a plain excellent movie where something amazing happens in almost every scene.

I totally agree. In fact, my main gripe with the film is that the last act probably could have been half an hour longer.

And :drool::drool::drool: at Christian Bale being John Connor. He was looking good in that trailer.
My games, DVDs, and feedback.

#891 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

I am so clueless right now, I don't have any clue what you guys are talking about other than its about TDK

#892 Bavgate

Bavgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

I am so clueless right now, I don't have any clue what you guys are talking about other than its about TDK

Go watch the movie, then you can join in on our convo. ;)

#893 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

So CAX was pretty cool. Played Space Lords, some old vector classics, some really random old games I'd never even heard of, and talked to some guy who was distraught that they had moved the Donkey Kong II machine overnight and he couldn't find it. I also got the high score in Point Blank, wooo. It was pretty awesome seeing some of the ridiculous scores people had set in stuff like Asteroids and Battlezone, too. Just like the good old days...

I watched the SSF2THD machine for a while, but I don't know if it was because it was on a tiny arcade cabinet monitor or what, but it was pretty underwhelming. It'll probably be a big hit with tournament-level players because of all the balance changes they've made, but the new graphics just weren't doing it for me. Also, they changed Ryu's win quote? WTF?

#894 Civickid96

Civickid96

Signals Analyst Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

Good stuff Metaly.

I wasn't able to go to the event this year. I was stuck in Tracy basically hanging out with family. My brother in law really wanted to go but I guess I'll have to save it for next year.

Man, Frys is gonna have FFIV for the DS for only $32.99. I'm taking that ad over to Circuit City and getting it priced matched. I'm hoping I get the $10 Gift Certificate also!

--Michael
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#895 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

I'm going to try to get FFIV DS at Circuit City tomorrow, since that seems like the best deal. I just hope they still have them in-store when I get there after work. ;)

#896 Civickid96

Civickid96

Signals Analyst Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

I'm going to try to get FFIV DS at Circuit City tomorrow, since that seems like the best deal. I just hope they still have them in-store when I get there after work. ;)

If you can find a Frys ad that has the $32.99 price, bring that and price match it. Also, check and see if they'll still give you the $10 gift certificate. That's what I'll be doing. :lol:

--Michael
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#897 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

If only I can find a Fry's ad... ;)

#898 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:30 PM

Arrrh, I just got FFTA2 (thanks, freaky!) and will probably be starting that next week, but $32.99 with a gift card may be too good to pass up. Plus I still have my CC gift card from GTA4, so that's even better. Who knows when I'll actually start playing the game, though. :whee:

#899 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

^ No problem metaly! :whee:

Between FFIV DS and Warhawk nights... I have to also play SoulCalibur IV when it comes out. My wallet will be angry at me for the week, that's for sure... it will run and go into hiding! :lol:

But hey, at least the upcoming month won't be a bore! ;)

Edited by freakyzeeky, 21 July 2008 - 05:49 PM.

#900 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

You know, for a moment there I actually forgot about SC4... July has not been a good month for my wallet. :hot:

And yeah, August should be great! I don't think there are any more games I'm interested in coming out until Animal Crossing in November and probably Rock Band 2, so I'm looking forward to a good three months of playing SC4 and a bunch of backlog stuff. Maybe I'll even get a few new ranks in Warhawk. That new 50 point ribbon sounds like good stuff.