Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

#991 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:23 AM

Leafpanda: I notice you've been blasting through your RPG stuff. Good deal. I'm STILL working on Dragon Quest VIII and now, I've dabbled with a little bit of FFIV for the DS.

On a non-related RPG note, I went down to Gilroy today for a baby shower. After that, I checked out the outlets and nothing really major except for Fire Pro Wresting Returns for the PS2 for only $9.99.

I'm gonna get more games tomorrow to load up on my HD Loader. Man, Dragon Quest VIII is loading so fast... :drool:

--Michael

Well I'm not actually finishing all these games most of them I haven't finished yet because I'm stuck or got bored, but P3 FES has the social links that give you a break and give you a choice whether or not if you want to dungeon crawl.
Currently Playing: Halo Reach, Black Ops, New Vegas

#992 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

Threads' a little slow tonight... 8-[

#993 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:02 AM

Did someone just say something? :-s

#994 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

No, no one said anything... of course not! :^o

I know this sounds strange, but did you hear about Final Fantasy VII being released at Best Buy in a week or so?... there's a thread about it in the PS3 forums. ;)

#995 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:11 AM

I think I saw that on Kotaku or somewhere. It sounds like it's just a massive screwup by whoever does Best Buy's signage.

Or it could be a stealth launch of an FF7 remake for the PS4!! Run for the hills! :whee:

#996 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

PS4!? OMGWTFBBQsauce!!1!!11 :whee:

Run to the hills indeed! As a fan of Sony gaming, I would! :D
Do you know how disastrous that would be to Sony if they had a PS4 launch like that? It would be comparable to how the Sega Saturn launched back in the mid-90's. :lol:

#997 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:36 AM

You know, I was never a huge Sega fan (never owned a Sega console, actually), and it's stuff like the Saturn and its launch didn't do much to inspire confidence. I was really close to getting a Dreamcast a couple times (SF3! :D), but I just had the feeling it would die an early death. And what do you know...

With that said, I still hogged the Panzer Dragoon demo machine every time I went to Toys R Us. :) I really wish the unlockable Saturn version in Panzer Dragoon Orta worked on the 360.

Also did I say PS4? I meant PS5. :-$

#998 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

I never owned a Sega console either, but only because all those 'add-ons' made everything confusing for me... I didn't even know what a 32X/Sega CD was at the time (I thought they were new systems, that I didn't know about)! :lol:
And it's funny, I almost bought a Dreamcast as well... I wanted to play SoulCalibur (OMG look at those graffix! ROFLcakes!) at the time, and was saving my money to buy the system... but then Sony announced the PS2, and decided right then and there I wanted that instead. ;)

Edited by freakyzeeky, 05 August 2008 - 06:47 AM.

#999 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

I don't blame you. :) The PS2 was so awesome when it was first announced. It just oozed style... the sleek, black tower of a console, that futuristic logo, the minimalist packaging... and BLUE CDs! (Which lasted for like 6 months before everything went DVD.) It was the coolest game console I had ever seen. :drool:

I wish Sony had managed to capture even a fraction of the PS2's coolness when they announced the PS3. Instead we got a huge George Foreman grill, Spider-Man fonts and that disaster of a press conference. But at least it's come a long way as a console since then. I'm definitely enjoying it, though not quite at PS2 levels yet. :)

#1000 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:33 AM

Anyone know a good anime import shop? I want something that wasn't released over here.

BTW, I've already tried ebay. ebay= fail.

#1001 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:40 AM

^^^^ 1000th reply! Congratulations!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#1002 Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

Lol.
Does the first post not count?

#1003 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

^^^ LOL, I've used that as my eBay profile pic. :lol:

I seriously need to sleep now... :shock:

#1004 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:45 AM

Anyone know a good anime import shop? I want something that wasn't released over here.

BTW, I've already tried ebay. ebay= fail.

this new store just opened around here

http://www.angelsanimeoutpost.com/

#1005 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

Have you actually been to it the website overall looks funky.

#1006 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:43 AM

should be legit. They are also sponsoring a "con" at local community college (this Saturday)

http://gzronline.com...on2008_main.htm

#1007 Civickid96

Civickid96

Signals Analyst Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:41 AM

Hey guys.

Just seeing what's up with everyone on here. Haven't been posting the last few days but I'll post something significant later.

Been working out 4 out of 7 days (maybe I'll do 5) and I've lost nearly 20 pounds since the beginning of summer.

I'll also hit up the Circuit City and get me some clearance stuff. I'll keep you all posted.

--Michael
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1008 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

Lately I've just been playing an unreasonable amount of SC4. (Finally beat freaky's Raphael tonight! :)) I practiced a little with Xianghua's new stance and it has some potential, although it doesn't seem that viable online. Also it doesn't make up for them gimping half her moves. I'm pretty annoyed whenever I discover one of her moves no longer does what I expect.

#1009 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:01 AM

Hey, anyone who is looking for the Gun Metal Gray MGS4 PS3 bundle on the cheap... look here! :D
If I had the money, I'd pick it up right away. ;)

http://sfbay.craigsl.../786055361.html

Edited by freakyzeeky, 07 August 2008 - 07:04 AM.

#1010 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:07 AM

Man... If they had just used the 80GB model, I'd probably buy it since my girlfriend's looking to get a PS3. Also then I could steal the gunmetal controller. :twisted:

#1011 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

I know, huh? It would have been SOOO much better if it was like the 80gb... What's a MGS PS3 if you can't play any of the PS2 MGSs? :drool:

and yes I've just noticed... Metaly-colored Dualshock! Would be sweet though... ;)

#1012 nesone

nesone

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

oakland/emeryville border

#1013 krazyazn01

krazyazn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

Lately I've just been playing an unreasonable amount of SC4. (Finally beat freaky's Raphael tonight! :)) I practiced a little with Xianghua's new stance and it has some potential, although it doesn't seem that viable online. Also it doesn't make up for them gimping half her moves. I'm pretty annoyed whenever I discover one of her moves no longer does what I expect.

Are you guys playing on 360 or PS3? I have the PS3 version, and I tried playing a random match with someone who had 4 bars, and it was pretty laggy. I dunno if playing someone in the Bay Area would help. I don't play online very much at all so please excuse the ignorance. Anyways, my PSN is BobbyIncognito. I'm always down for a round of Soul Calibur if anyone is interested, usually around 11PM.

#1014 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

Are you guys playing on 360 or PS3? I have the PS3 version, and I tried playing a random match with someone who had 4 bars, and it was pretty laggy. I dunno if playing someone in the Bay Area would help. I don't play online very much at all so please excuse the ignorance. Anyways, my PSN is BobbyIncognito. I'm always down for a round of Soul Calibur if anyone is interested, usually around 11PM.

I'll add you once I get on my PS3... I'll send you an invite if I see you play SCIV. ;)

#1015 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:27 AM

I'm on PS3 as well. I'll add you next time I'm on.

Don't add freaky, though. He'll just beat you with scary-looking dudes like Michael Jackson and Captain Planet.

You know, it always sort of creeped me out that Captain Planet was basically a big naked guy who hung around with all those kids. He never really looked naked in the show, but in SC4... wow he's really naked!!

#1016 krazyazn01

krazyazn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:51 AM

I'm on PS3 as well. I'll add you next time I'm on.

Don't add freaky, though. He'll just beat you with scary-looking dudes like Michael Jackson and Captain Planet.

You know, it always sort of creeped me out that Captain Planet was basically a big naked guy who hung around with all those kids. He never really looked naked in the show, but in SC4... wow he's really naked!!

Haha...I'll be careful around freaky then.

#1017 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

Just spent $200+ on Geas of War Lancer, Rhapsody, and Disgaea DS. Plus I still need to get Tales of Vesperia Special Edition. Sometimes I hate this site.

#1018 LeafPanda

LeafPanda

One Dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:52 AM

Has anyone seen that new store in Tan Foran? It sells import DVDs, CDs, Collectibles and shirts. Its a pretty nice store the owner is nice. It opened yesterday. Does anyone know where to buy some import video games in or near San Francisco?

#1019 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

Has anyone seen that new store in Tan Foran? It sells import DVDs, CDs, Collectibles and shirts. Its a pretty nice store the owner is nice. It opened yesterday. Does anyone know where to buy some import video games in or near San Francisco?

Bah, I got that mall mixed up with Serramonte. I've been out of town too long.

Posted Image

#1020 draculid

draculid

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

oh? i live literally down the street from tanforan but i haven't been there since it re-opened. before they closed there were actually 2 import shops there, one on each floor. the bigger one was more toy oriented i think.

Bah, I got that mall mixed up with Serramonte. I've been out of town too long.

how'd you do at evo? 2 and out?