Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

#1831 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:42 AM

Anyone know of a good spot to trade in DVD'S? 99% are random anime singles. I just want to get rid of them.

Thanks!

Amazon.com?

Rasputin is another one thats local.

#1832 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

Bad experiences at SF area Gamestop (skip if you're tired of these), buyers beware:

So, I dropped by my local Gamestop today to pick up my Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition preorder. Nope, I got played, they sold it. WTF. This is pretty freakin ridiculous since its only the first day.

Apparently, the DM told the store managers to sell through their collector's edition preorders and said the Palo Alto store had more. I was pretty upset because I preorderd my copy and now had nothing to show for it, I do half my preorders with Gamestop and the other with Amazon, this would've never happened with the 'zon.

Anyways, so the manager called up the store to get one transferred. Nope, zero in stock. To his credit, he apologized and called up almost every store in the area and I forgave him, it wasn't his fault his boss is an idiot. I swear, there is probably a contest where the DM gets money if they sell through in his district. Either way, Gamestops here are shady shady shady, not the first time I've heard this happen south of SF either, its not uncommon for it to happen with big titles like CoD or Reach, but it is definitely the first time it has happened to me with a collector's edition.

Ended up having to drive and pick it up about 15 miles north to another Gamestop where they were also selling through their preordered CE copies also (sorry to you other CE preorder customer, the cycle continues) and the guy behind the counter tried to sell me one that was already opened! Way to take a crap on your customers Gamestop. Incompetence up and down the line, seriously where do they hire these people?

What is the point of preordering at Gamestop if you're just gonna go and sell my preorder before the 1st day is up? ...and you wonder why you're not doing as well business wise. Anyways, this is just a word of warning to you SF Bay Area CAGs. Make sure you get there when the store opens if you're preordering other titles or the 3DS, I'm pretty confident they'll probably be pulling this same exact thing.

#1833 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:27 AM

Anyone going to the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 launch party?

http://www.capcom-un...__save_the_date

copy and paste, then add !!! at the end of the link

Edited by 62t, 04 February 2011 - 06:59 PM.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1834 imamanwithaplan

imamanwithaplan

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

^ post down

#1835 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

^ post down

Huh?

Anyway, since the link is broken (the exclamation marks are actually part of the link) and Capcom posts WAY too often to their blog, let me save my fellow CAGs the time I just wasted scrolling through their crap:
http://www.capcom-un.../item/126045068

#1836 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

its first come first serve.....depends what time i get off work....im working about 5 min away so i might just jump in line right after work depending if people camped over night....then im screwed.....

suprise guest???

a sf giant mayb???

http://www.capcom-un...__save_the_date

copy paste into the address bar...somehow clicking on the link doesnt work....dam matrix!!

Edited by aleraiders, 04 February 2011 - 03:44 AM.

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#1837 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

^ post down

just add 3 !!! at the end of the link

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1838 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

Bad experiences at SF area Gamestop (skip if you're tired of these), buyers beware:

So, I dropped by my local Gamestop today to pick up my Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition preorder. Nope, I got played, they sold it. WTF. This is pretty freakin ridiculous since its only the first day.

Apparently, the DM told the store managers to sell through their collector's edition preorders and said the Palo Alto store had more. I was pretty upset because I preorderd my copy and now had nothing to show for it, I do half my preorders with Gamestop and the other with Amazon, this would've never happened with the 'zon.

Anyways, so the manager called up the store to get one transferred. Nope, zero in stock. To his credit, he apologized and called up almost every store in the area and I forgave him, it wasn't his fault his boss is an idiot. I swear, there is probably a contest where the DM gets money if they sell through in his district. Either way, Gamestops here are shady shady shady, not the first time I've heard this happen south of SF either, its not uncommon for it to happen with big titles like CoD or Reach, but it is definitely the first time it has happened to me with a collector's edition.

Ended up having to drive and pick it up about 15 miles north to another Gamestop where they were also selling through their preordered CE copies also (sorry to you other CE preorder customer, the cycle continues) and the guy behind the counter tried to sell me one that was already opened! Way to take a crap on your customers Gamestop. Incompetence up and down the line, seriously where do they hire these people?

What is the point of preordering at Gamestop if you're just gonna go and sell my preorder before the 1st day is up? ...and you wonder why you're not doing as well business wise. Anyways, this is just a word of warning to you SF Bay Area CAGs. Make sure you get there when the store opens if you're preordering other titles or the 3DS, I'm pretty confident they'll probably be pulling this same exact thing.

lol

#1839 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

Poketour in sanjose is amazing. So much jailbait ass all around

#1840 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

Poketour in sanjose is amazing. So much jailbait ass all around

Sounds like a better bet than that Capcom launch event. Line around the block even 30 minutes after it was scheduled to start, and from the looks of it, more sausage than Oktoberfest.

#1841 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

I heard they had some 3DS demo units at the MvC3 thing. Kind of wished I went.
Spoiler

#1842 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Sounds like a better bet than that Capcom launch event. Line around the block even 30 minutes after it was scheduled to start, and from the looks of it, more sausage than Oktoberfest.

girl raichu was hot but slutty misty was the best

#1843 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

north korean tacos in the bay????

http://www.joystiq.c...us-homefront-p/

#1844 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

north korean tacos in the bay????

http://www.joystiq.c...us-homefront-p/

I'm sure this bit of marketing genius was funded AFTER THQ compensated all the devs at KAOS who crunched for 6 months.

Dunno about you guys, but before I check Metacritic or see what CAGs have to say, my first question about a new game is how's their food truck?

#1845 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:58 PM

I just want to get my hands on Homefront and play it a bit. I hope they announce early enough what times they'll be there cause I'm traveling from southbay up there to check it out.

#1846 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I'm sure this bit of marketing genius was funded AFTER THQ compensated all the devs at KAOS who crunched for 6 months.

Dunno about you guys, but before I check Metacritic or see what CAGs have to say, my first question about a new game is how's their food truck?

do you really wanna know??? :puke:

if anyone finds out.....let us know

#1847 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

Bay Area CAG right here! Reside in Pinole and usually frequent Concord and Brentwood.
Posted Image

#1848 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

Just came back from the Gears of War 3 multiplayer press event in S.F.. It's a prelude to the 6-hour Microsoft Showcase they're holding tomorrow. Cliffy B was there plus a special guest. I can give more details when the embargo lifts tomorrow night.

#1849 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Just came back from the Gears of War 3 multiplayer press event in S.F.. It's a prelude to the 6-hour Microsoft Showcase they're holding tomorrow. Cliffy B was there plus a special guest. I can give more details when the embargo lifts tomorrow night.

howd it go?

#1850 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

howd it go?

I wouldn't hold my breath; the poster hasn't exactly been responsive in the past. You can find a writeup from the same outfit at the link below - if you can stand their obnoxious site that evades multiple pop-up blockers:
http://www.examiner....ent-disappoints

#1851 physalis123

physalis123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

For no reason, physalis123 San Jose

#1852 jbLighty

jbLighty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

San Jose CAG :lol:
Anyone know a place selling homefront or crysis 2 early?
Haven't played an fps in a while :drool:
Posted Image

#1853 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

when will we see the sun???

#1854 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

We're gamers. With backlogs. What is this "sun" you speak of? Sounds dangerous.

#1855 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:57 AM

I'm loving the rain. It was great waking up this morning to all the rain coming down. Popped in Dead Space Aftermath and chilled in bed resting my tailbone from a weekend in Tahoe.
Posted Image

#1856 humidore

humidore

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

I think a new game shop opened in downtown Hayward. I saw it on my way to work. 22540 Mission Blvd, right next to (in between?) Chalk It Up billiards.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#1857 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

I think a new game shop opened in downtown Hayward. I saw it on my way to work. 22540 Mission Blvd, right next to (in between?) Chalk It Up billiards.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ive been there they spam craigslist with ads constantly

prices are exactly the same as gamestop new and used, for the most part their selection sucks though

unless you haggle with the guy he will offer you gs tivs or less, im pretty sure hes on here lurking bc hes all over sudden price drops

they do have a disk buffer though which is cool bc its cheaper than the gamestop refurb charges.

theres no way this fool is making money, i bet its the same story as star games which closed up in SF. its a front for money laundering

#1858 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

ive been there they spam craigslist with ads constantly

prices are exactly the same as gamestop new and used, for the most part their selection sucks though

unless you haggle with the guy he will offer you gs tivs or less, im pretty sure hes on here lurking bc hes all over sudden price drops

they do have a disk buffer though which is cool bc its cheaper than the gamestop refurb charges.

theres no way this fool is making money, i bet its the same story as star games which closed up in SF. its a front for money laundering

hmmm..wonder if they sell games early. :D

#1859 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

hmmm..wonder if they sell games early. :D

he sells games whenever amazon ships them to him

#1860 humidore

humidore

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

Well eff that noise then. Thanks for letting me know!