Mario & Luigi Superstar saga 19.99 at Sears + Other games + Minish Cap 19.99

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:49 AM

Went back to Sears again today and they had "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" with a blue clearance price tag of $19.97 on it! Snatched that one up in a hurry. Once I bought it, I peeled off the Sears long white price tag that was covering the UPC (045496733421) with $29.99 on it, and noticed it was different than the UPC on the box (045496735203), so I'm thinking maybe the sale price was intended for the original "Fire Emblem" and somebody put the wrong UPC code sticker on the new one. The employee only scanned the Sears tag and not the game box UPC.

I might have just gotten a good YMMV price mistake deal, but don't know for sure.

#32 rebthor

rebthor

Devil Customer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:49 PM

No Minish Cap or any other marked down game at the sears on Queens Blvd/63rd Drive in Queens, NYC.
Posted Image

#33 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

Pops,they're just like us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:11 AM

yeah, saw GBA Donkey Kong for $5, but everything else that cheap was cleaned out. There were a lot of $19.99 titles like Jak 3, Killzone, Rachet games, Fable, many sports games, etc... One can only hope they'll have some form of sale to knock those games down a bit lower since no one shops at this sears...
"I'd mow down that hip crowd before I'd give up my toasted cheese sandwich"

#34 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:05 AM

Well, I managed to find Zelda: Minish Cap...but no luck with Mario&Luigi. Guess I'll have to keep searching for that one. They also had Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories marked down to 24.97.

Thanks OP, I was just about to break down and pay 30 for Zelda at a local gamestore.
631261.png

#35 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:19 AM

There were a few older PS2 and Xbox games on red tag clearance too. The only non-sports titles I saw were:

The Sims: Bustin' Out (Xbox ONLY) $9.97
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Xbox ONLY) $9.97
Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) $12.97

Decent price on The Sims: BO. I got it for $10 at the CC summer clearance and played it like crazy for a couple of weeks with my girlfriend.

Amazingly, I see stacks of "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga" at every Sears I go to clearly marked $19.97. Guess everybody around here already has it ot doesn't think to look there.

#36 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:46 AM

Amazingly, I see stacks of "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga" at every Sears I go to clearly marked $19.97. Guess everybody around here already has it ot doesn't think to look there.

Hmm couldn't find a single copy at myc closest Sears, I will try another nearby store tomorrow.

#37 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:41 AM

Hmm couldn't find a single copy at my closest Sears, I will try another nearby store tomorrow.

I'm sure you'll have a much harder time finding "Mario & Luigi" or any decent deals since you're in Los Angeles. When I spend my summer vacation out there, I can't find anything! Once I get back to Florida, it's deals galore! Good luck...you'll need it.

#38 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

That's the one I haven't been able to find. I've been to two Sears and one Essentials. No sign of M&L at any of them, but both Sears stores had just terrible selection and display of GBA/DS stuff.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#39 alive741

alive741

Oldest Tradelist on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

Nothing left in Manchester, CT