South Dakota Deals Thread

Damn straight, brother. :)

Hopefully we should start a Sioux Falls topic someday, as it's the place to be on the eastern side of the state.

[quote name='OldKai']No deals though I see. Which is obvious.[/QUOTE]
Um....in Sioux Falls, check out the 10th St. Shopko game clearance. Almost everytime I come home I end up buying a few games. Got Armored Core 3 for $2 a couple weeks ago.

If anyone's in Rapid, there are some KILLER deals every week at Fair Deal Pawn. Every Friday at 7pm they put out all the new stuff they've gotten over the week. The past couple of months we've scored Shadow of the Colossus, Ultimate Hulk, San Andreas, and Ultimate Spider-Man for 10 bucks in brand new condition.

Well Im not in Sodak any more, but I have a deal. I was at Radio Shack up here in Fargo looking for the clearanced out HD reciever. The guy working there said the only place in the region that has one is Sioux Falls, so if anyone wants an HD reciever for around 70$, check it out. Or maybe someone wants to pick it up for me?

omg bump!

Today at work (Pamida in Madison, SD) I scanned the three GBA Player's Choice games we had just sitting in a case (SMA1, SMA3 and M&L SS) and they all rang up $4.99 even though they are marked $19.99. Earlier this summer I picked up one of each and they rang up $9.99, but now they are $4.99. Since Madison is about 45 mins from Sioux Falls, maybe I can work something out with anybody in the area who is interested.

Three copies of SMA1 and SMA3 remain with two of M&L SS left. :) PM me if interested, I can get an additional 15% off. ($4.25 each I suppose)

I'll have my brother at wal mart waiting for me since i play in the local orchestra and we have a concert that night but i'll be there around 11 PM.

When I lived on the eastside of town the old K-mart on that side always had a few deals now and again, since moving to Iowa I've never kept up since the only time I get there is to shoot the caribou show occasionally (shameless plug).

Sioux Falls: Check the Shopko (On 41st, I think??) game clearance. A week or so ago I picked up Resident Evil Code Veronica, Gamecube version, for $3... Occasionally I've also found GBA games ranging from $2-3.

[quote name='JoeB1233']I'm from Rapid City! What's up, Raiden?[/QUOTE]
Hey! What's the good word?

Man, Rapid sucks for deals. If it wasn't for the pawn shops, I'd go out of my mind.

I don't browse the pawn shops that often. I probably should, seeing as they might have the Wavebirds I'm looking for.

Have you been to Game Exchange up by Wal-Mart? I find they have a decent selection of retro games (although it's overpriced).

Anybody in Huron, there is new management at Gamestop. Seems much better then the previous one. Check it out, they have a very good selection for used games.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Is there a SINGLE person from Rapid City on this board?[/quote]
Yes! Ive been in Rapid for a while, but never in these threads....

[quote name='JoeB1233']I don't browse the pawn shops that often. I probably should, seeing as they might have the Wavebirds I'm looking for.

Have you been to Game Exchange up by Wal-Mart? I find they have a decent selection of retro games (although it's overpriced).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Game Exchange has some incredibly rare games sometimes but HOLY HELL they are expensive. Still, it's nice being able to see the condition of the games in person instead of having to trust someone on eBay.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Has anyone seen a Wavebird around here lately? I think I have a verifiable physiological need for it at this point.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen one at a retail store in forever. The pawn shop next to KMart had some a week and a half ago or so.....

D'oh! Checked it out, on the off-chance they still had them. No luck. Actually, I was rather disappointed with their selection, but for Pawn Shops, I suppose I should get my hopes too high.

[quote name='JoeB1233']D'oh! Checked it out, on the off-chance they still had them. No luck. Actually, I was rather disappointed with their selection, but for Pawn Shops, I suppose I should get my hopes too high.[/QUOTE]

The pawn shops have REALLY gone downhill as of late, video game wise. It's like they aren't even buying stuff that isn't PS3/360/Wii anymore.

So, for those in the Rapid City area: a new game store has opened up near First Western Bank on Omaha street. Play 'n Trade, an upcoming gaming franchise, has a really cool atmosphere, very helpful staff, and an ample selection of video games. And, they're supposed to be organizing tournaments in the future. From what I've seen so far, they are a great establishment! Here's the address:

1101 W. Omaha St. Suite #3 (Next to Wags 'n Whiskers)
Rapid City, SD

I know this sounds like an ad! Sorry about that!

[quote name='JoeB1233']So, for those in the Rapid City area: a new game store has opened up near First Western Bank on Omaha street. Play 'n Trade, an upcoming gaming franchise, has a really cool atmosphere, very helpful staff, and an ample selection of video games. And, they're supposed to be organizing tournaments in the future. From what I've seen so far, they are a great establishment! Here's the address:

1101 W. Omaha St. Suite #3 (Next to Wags 'n Whiskers)
Rapid City, SD

I know this sounds like an ad! Sorry about that![/QUOTE]

I checked it out last week. VERY nice setup!

Hopefully they can last in the Gamestop-dominated enivornment.

To the RC people:

K-Mart finally moved some of their behind-glass wares to the clearance section. Some notable titles:

Harvest Moon - 19.97
Shadow of the Colossus - 19.97
Viva Pinata (Special Edition) - 19.97
Sonic Mega Collection - 9.99
Sonic Adventure DX - 9.99
Elite Beat Agents - 12.97

Those are some of the ones that caught my eye. Forgive me for not looking at the X-Box stuff much, but I'm a Nintendo guy.

Yea i just moved to siouxfalls a couple months ago for work it fucking sucks, but if anyones on live add pwningnewbs it would be nice to have some locals.

Rapid City K-Mart had a metric ton of games on clearance. Unfortunately I was running late for work so I didn't get a chance to see the prices, but if there's anything noteworthy I'll post back for the crickets that are likely reading this.

chirp chirp

THREE YEARS since the last post. That is almost incomprehensible! This could be like a time capsule of sorts....

I can't believe I posted almost seven years all and there's been one post since then. Wait, I can actually.

Still no good deals whatsoever. The Rapid City ShopKo is finally closing but games are only 10% off at this time. I'll update when they get cheaper, if only for nostalgia reasons.

ShopKo has marked down all video games to 20% off so I bought Gears of War remastered for 11 bucks. They probably have a month left before they blink out of existence.

Man, I remember when it opened in like 90, 91. My best friend and I were so excited because it was something new, on opening day his parents took us there and we got some of those cool Transformer watches that used to be all the rage.

Five years later I'd end up working there, originally as a cashier but I got moved to the outdoor greenhouse because it looked like a lot of fun. Such good times! When summer ended I moved to electronics, where I found my forte selling electronics that'd I go for the next two decades almost.

And now ShopKo is a dying corpse, with everyone acting like vultures to pick apart its corpse. The store is already pretty empty, I can't imagine what it'll look like in a month.

I also forgot to update KMart, they haven't carried games in years and are going to close for good any day now. So sad, especially after watching that YouTube video with that Dan guy exploring his old abandoned KMart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, ShopKo went under over a month ago and KMart was but a distant memory at that point. Stuff at ShopKo got really cheap towards the end, but of course anything worth buying was long gone.

Before it got desolate, I managed to get the Xbox One remasters of the Dead Rising games so at least I'll have those to remember a once proud store by.

Feels like the apocalypse with everything around here closing. Remember when Sears used to sell video games? Like how they'd have that monthly coupon in EGM that was really good? That one month I got the Sony NBA game for the PS1 for a sweet deal and played it nonstop for months? Or that one time I played it and tested to see what would happen if everyone fouled out?

Heck, remember Sears? They closed last year...

bread's done
Back