Kansas CAG Thread

• Please log in to reply
835 replies to this topic

#631 OzCatter

OzCatter

Who Watches the Watchmen?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

Anyone got a PS2 for cheap or know where to get one for cheap other than CL? Just trying to get one and a memory card is all for the Metal Gear Solid Essentials I already bought
Posted Image

#632 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:49 AM

Boy this thread has really died down over the last several months. I guess that's a statement to the lack of deals in the metro area? I know up north I haven't found much of anything worth while besides a few 2007 PS3 sports titles for $5 at Sears.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#633 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:53 AM

I visited Micro Center on 91st and Metcalf today and took advantage of the markdown and coupon mentioned in this thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=187387

Picked up Geometry Wars :ds: for free.

I called and asked if they had any of The Darkness for 360 as it would have been nice to have a free game, but they were sold out.

#634 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:28 AM

Picked up Elite Beat Agents for $8.58 at the Toys R Us on 95th and Quivera in Overland Park. They had over twenty copies left when I left.
Posted Image

#635 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:44 AM

Picked up Elite Beat Agents for $8.58 at the Toys R Us on 95th and Quivera in Overland Park. They had over twenty copies left when I left.

They had a crapload of them at the TRU by Metro North Mall in the northland. I was hoping to find a few copies of Silver Surfer for flipping but no such luck.

#636 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

They had a crapload of them at the TRU by Metro North Mall in the northland. I was hoping to find a few copies of Silver Surfer for flipping but no such luck.

Going off of memory, here's some things I recall from my TRU visits in the past couple of weeks.

Metro North Mall TRU had quite a few PSP stamina batteries left (as of last Saturday) and the TRU by the Great Mall had white memory cards on clearance for the Gamecube for $5 (this was mid week of the B2G1F DS Games sale).

#637 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

Going off of memory, here's some things I recall from my TRU visits in the past couple of weeks.

Metro North Mall TRU had quite a few PSP stamina batteries left (as of last Saturday) and the TRU by the Great Mall had white memory cards on clearance for the Gamecube for $5 (this was mid week of the B2G1F DS Games sale).

Yeah the Metro North TRU still has a pile of the PSP stamina batteries but I think they're still stuck at $16. If they drop below $10 I'll probably pick one up as a spare.

#638 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:06 AM

I hit the Leavenworth K-Mart this evening after visiting some relatives for the 4th. I was hoping it would be one of those out-of-the-way goldmine stores but no such luck. They did have 3 Wii's in stock in case anyone that reads this thread was looking to pick one up.

#639 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Kindof quiet. Haven't done much myself lately, but I picked up Zak and Wiki from TRU for $7.XX in Topeka- they had at least 10 copies left. Didn't realize there were some other games I should check for there.

At the Lawrence sidewalk sale yesterday, I picked up some NES stuff for my collection at $1 and $3 from Game Nut and a couple of SNES games for about that inside with their 20% off. Still, it's Game Nut so it was probably too expensive anyways.

SI

#640 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

It's been awhile since I've found any deals around here. Today when I was at the Target off of Chouteau the game clearance endcap was completely gone!

#641 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

Kindof quiet. Haven't done much myself lately, but I picked up Zak and Wiki from TRU for $7.XX in Topeka- they had at least 10 copies left. Didn't realize there were some other games I should check for there.

At the Lawrence sidewalk sale yesterday, I picked up some NES stuff for my collection at $1 and $3 from Game Nut and a couple of SNES games for about that inside with their 20% off. Still, it's Game Nut so it was probably too expensive anyways.

SI

I never knew about Game Nut in Lawrence. There's the Game Guy, right off of 7th and Mass but I haven't been there for a while. Might have to check it out but from your description I guess they're normally pretty expensive.

I used to love the pawn shops in Lawrence but even those are drying up for good games. I remember when The Yellow House (I think that's what it's called) had games like Space Megaforce and Secret of Mana for real cheap and now it's pretty much old PS2 sports games.

Checked by the TRU for RE4 (Wii), Galaxy Wars (DS), Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 (DS) and Zack and Wiki (Wii). No MvDK2 or RE4 there, and after my purchase of a copy each of Z&W and GW, they had one Z&W and two GW games left. I'm hoping the other TRU might have the other two available but I kinda doubt it.

#642 SoulFinder

SoulFinder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:01 AM

Wii's at the Bestbuy on 95th and quivera (sp) and Target on 151st and 69 highway. There were about 6 at bestbuy, and 5 at target.
Posted Image

#643 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hey I was wondering if anyone here wanted to go half on the TRU sale? Like two copies of "Assassin's Creed" from the Oak Park TRU and split the difference. I think they have both. Does the sale let you buy two of the same game?
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#644 gaxur

gaxur

WANT TO SLEEP FOR (5678)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

the Oak Park TRU still looks like they have a couple dozen EBAs in their $8 DS bin. Also a couple dozen copies of Guilty Gear DS, if you're interested for some reason.

The PS2 section at the Best Buy at 119th and Strang Line had bins of cheap games; $5 and $10 dollars mostly. There were some better looking ones in there (Hitman, Splinter Cell, Sly Cooper), but mostly $15. Not sure how much of a deal it would be, but there you go.

#645 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

Don't forget about Final Fantasy IV being on sale for $20 at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Might want to check but I believe the sale only lasts till Tuesday, and not until Sunday like others ads normally do.

And this is a bit off-topic, but they had quite a few DVD series on sale ("beating the competitor's prices" sale). I picked up Office Season 3 for $20.

#646 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

Don't forget about Final Fantasy IV being on sale for $20 at Nebraska Furniture Mart. Might want to check but I believe the sale only lasts till Tuesday, and not until Sunday like others ads normally do.

Dang. I missed it- I went in on Wednesday morning and it was full price :(

SI

#647 ospriteo

ospriteo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Posted this in the main Target clearance thread. The one at 97th Street next to Oak Park mall had a bunch of games on clearance. They are on the end cap at the corner of the store. I don't remember the title or price but they had a bunch of DS, PSP and PS2 or 3 games. The xbox games are below.

Xbox 360 Games
Pop Cap Arcade - 9.98
Saints Row - 9.98
Tiger Woods 08 - 14.98
Madden 08 - 14.98
Bully - 19.98
Bioshock - 19.98
NBA Ballers: Chose One - 19.98
Kane & Lynch - I think this was 19.98
The Club - 24.98

#648 chuckx47

chuckx47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

I recently swung by the Harrisonville, MO Gamestop. They seemed to have a really good selection of games at that location.

I picked up a copy of SMT: Devil Summoner :ps2:, new for $9.99.

#649 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:58 AM

Posted this in the main Target clearance thread. The one at 97th Street next to Oak Park mall had a bunch of games on clearance. They are on the end cap at the corner of the store. I don't remember the title or price but they had a bunch of DS, PSP and PS2 or 3 games. The xbox games are below.

Xbox 360 Games
Pop Cap Arcade - 9.98
Saints Row - 9.98
Tiger Woods 08 - 14.98
Madden 08 - 14.98
Bully - 19.98
Bioshock - 19.98
NBA Ballers: Chose One - 19.98
Kane & Lynch - I think this was 19.98
The Club - 24.98

Thanks, might have to check it out. Today I was at the Wal-mart on Shawnee Mission Pkwy, just east of 435, and noticed they had a end rack of clearance games. Nothing too great but I did see a couple of copies of Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 for $10. I saw a price tag for Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii for $7.50 but unfortunately all of the copies in the case were gone. Lot of other games for all systems as well but nothing else really grabbed my attention.

#650 Ryu4096

Ryu4096

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, The Harrisonville Gamestop gets some gems some times. I got a used Futurama for PS2 there a couple of months ago. The game sucks, but it is a collectors item

->Ryu

#651 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:31 PM

Damn, I went to the Best Buy near Metro North Mall this past weekend hoping to score a headset included copy of Warhawk for $30 (others have reported getting it there due to the GH version coming out). No go... They were on top of things and apparently have two separate sku's in the computer... Rang up $49.99.

#652 Ryu4096

Ryu4096

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

Hey all, I was at Blockbuster at 95th and Antioch in Overland Park, and they had a bunch of new clearance games. The prices were only $10-$15 off MSRP, but they had things like

Xbox 360
GRID $49.99

Wii
Dragon Quest $29.99 (I think)
House of the Dead 2/3 - $19.99

PSP
Chains of Olympus $29.99

PS3
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - $29.99

They had Dark Sector, Condemned 2, and Vikiing for $29.99, but I think GameStop have these for $19.99 new

They had more titles, but can't recall them

->Ryu

#653 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:36 AM

I went to the Target at Metcalf and 65th~ish. They keep their clearance stuff in the case, for the most part. I didn't see much- FFTA2 was in the case but not clearanced and no Metroid or Resident Evil :(

SI

#654 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:03 AM

I went to the Target at Metcalf and 65th~ish. They keep their clearance stuff in the case, for the most part. I didn't see much- FFTA2 was in the case but not clearanced and no Metroid or Resident Evil :(

SI

The Target off I-29 and Chouteau in the northland had Metroid for about $34.xx. I also saw Bully for the Wii at the Liberty Target for $24.xx. No RE at either of them though, that's the main one I was looking for. The Liberty Target had several Wii, PS3, and 360 games on clearance.

#655 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:19 AM

Oh, I was at the Lawrence one this weekend, too. There were a couple of copies of RE but no Metroid or FFTA2, which are the two I'm looking for :(

SI

#656 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

Oh, I was at the Lawrence one this weekend, too. There were a couple of copies of RE but no Metroid or FFTA2, which are the two I'm looking for :(

SI

The Chouteau store is very close to my house so I'm in there all the time. I can keep an eye on Metroid and nab one for you if it drops further. Maybe if you find a copy of RE cheap we could make a trade.

#657 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:39 AM

I'll try to keep a lookout. Kindof busy week ahead as I'll be moving in 2 weeks. I won't be posting in this thread any more as I'll be in Virginia :(

SI

#658 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:40 AM

Damn, we're losing one of our biggest contributors in this thread :(.

#659 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:41 AM

Hey all, I was at Blockbuster at 95th and Antioch in Overland Park, and they had a bunch of new clearance games. The prices were only $10-$15 off MSRP, but they had things like

Xbox 360
GRID $49.99

Wii
Dragon Quest $29.99 (I think)
House of the Dead 2/3 - $19.99

PSP
Chains of Olympus $29.99

PS3
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - $29.99

They had Dark Sector, Condemned 2, and Vikiing for $29.99, but I think GameStop have these for $19.99 new

They had more titles, but can't recall them

->Ryu

Hey can you keep an eye out for a used copy of Boom Blox at that store. I've been waiting patiently for one to show up. Thanks!

#660 trentset28

trentset28

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:23 PM

hey guys i'm new to the forums. Out of curiousity, does anyone post from the Wichita metro area??? I see a lot of Kansas City and up North postings but none for the south central.