835 replies to this topic

#781 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

Shawnee Mission Parkway Blockbuster=Gone!!!:cry:
http://scalpthescalper.blogspot.com/

My resource blog for buying tickets from scalpers. Check out how much $$$ I have saved buying tickets from scalpers.

#782 big_erk

big_erk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Where are all of the Kansas CAGs?
Posted Image

#783 VGI-Shinobi

VGI-Shinobi

Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

I picked up Advent Children Bluray at Best Buy for $14.99. The only deal worths mention. Otherwise there is no good deal in a long time.

#784 Jon Bon

Jon Bon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:52 PM

tech n9ne!

Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: Let's play chess.

#785 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:25 AM

How random, anyone around Wichita know of any places with grand 'ol deals?

608212.png

#786 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

How random, anyone around Wichita know of any places with grand 'ol deals?

Finally, another Wichita CAG. :applause:

Most of the posters in this thread have been located in the NE part of the state, so a lot of the finds don't apply to us. (Why, oh why, can't Wichita have a Microcenter?)

I have a tough time finding anything in Wichita beyond national deals at big-box retailers like BB. The Kmart on Kellogg used to be a gold mine for great clearances, but they've since moved almost everything in their glass case. And the selection has since been picked over.

Other than that, with the closing of Circuit City, we've pretty much lost out on a lot of good local stuff. Most of my good finds lately have been limited to online deals and trades. Sometimes I do get lucky at Toys 'R Us, though.

#787 jydthump

jydthump

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hi guys. Wichita/Hutchinson CAG here!

#788 iambeaker

iambeaker

Right Wing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

I live in KCMO, but I travel to Wichita every other week for work.

CD Tradepost is a great place to find some steals on used games. They have great deals, sales, and staff. The one on Central and Ridge (in the Gordman's parking lot) is the best one in the city.

You can also check their website www.cdtradepost.com to see what the stores have in stock.

For new games, you may have to stick with the big box retailers.

#789 crazylikeafox11

crazylikeafox11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

I didn't know that cd trade post had a website that you could use to check inventory. I am a little concerned that it knows my location without me having to type in my zip.

But yeah, I second everyone else's thoughts on lack of deals in Wichita. If only TJ Maxx sold old video games too....

#790 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:11 AM

I live north of the river in KC and usually check out the stores between Liberty and Zona Rosa. I haven't found much worth mentioning for several months.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#791 The Tick

The Tick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

I haven't found much worth mentioning for several months.

I live down in OP and work in south KC, so I'm checking all over this end of the metro all the time.

Just hasn't been anything good in a long time.

"Like a great blue salmon of Justice, the mighty Tick courses upstream to the very spawning ground of evil."

#792 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

I live down in OP and work in south KC, so I'm checking all over this end of the metro all the time.

Just hasn't been anything good in a long time.

I hear ya, the best deal I've gotten in months wasn't even game related. I found a Belkin HDTV kit on clearance down from $40 for $9.98 at Target. It came with (2) HDMI cables and some sort of electronics cleaning spray w/ cloth.

I'll see some games go on clearance at Target that I wouldn't mind having but lately they don't last past the first drop with is usually a less than impressive 15% off.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#793 The Tick

The Tick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

I did just think of something worth mentioning.

I'm not sure if you guys up in the north end of the metro have any GAMECOs, but it might be worth checking into if you want an early copy of Halo: Reach.

3 years ago for the launch of Halo 3 the GAMECOs in OP and Olathe broke street date a day early but were charging a $10 kicker to pick it up (so $69.99).

Not sure if they're doing it with Reach, or if $10 extra for an early copy is worth it to most, but just something to keep in mind.

"Like a great blue salmon of Justice, the mighty Tick courses upstream to the very spawning ground of evil."

#794 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

They offered up the same deal for me for a few titles so I bet they'll do it again. Although paying $10 for getting it a day early seems like a bit much for me. ;)

I did just think of something worth mentioning.

I'm not sure if you guys up in the north end of the metro have any GAMECOs, but it might be worth checking into if you want an early copy of Halo: Reach.

3 years ago for the launch of Halo 3 the GAMECOs in OP and Olathe broke street date a day early but were charging a $10 kicker to pick it up (so $69.99).

Not sure if they're doing it with Reach, or if $10 extra for an early copy is worth it to most, but just something to keep in mind.

http://scalpthescalper.blogspot.com/

My resource blog for buying tickets from scalpers. Check out how much $$$ I have saved buying tickets from scalpers.

#795 thrasher035

thrasher035

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

That sounds illegal to me, at the very least dishonest. I've purchased some reasonably good games for $10 so it is definitely not worth it to me.

I also haven't seen many deals around lately but then again I've kind of given up on shopping at B&M stores. The internet is so much more convenient :)

...3 years ago for the launch of Halo 3 the GAMECOs in OP and Olathe broke street date a day early but were charging a $10 kicker to pick it up (so $69.99)...

#796 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

The GAMECO outside of the mall in OP is going out of business at the end of this month. There prices were absolutely absurd, so this isn't some big surprise or anything.

#797 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

The GAMECO outside of the mall in OP is going out of business at the end of this month. There prices were absolutely absurd, so this isn't some big surprise or anything.

Do you know if they are doing any sales to get rid of the games? And are you talking about that one by Babies/TRU? Cause if it is, I'm not shocked. They had a lousy selection and bad prices. Only Gameco I think is left is the one in the Great Mall.

#798 The Tick

The Tick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

I'm not shocked. They had a lousy selection and bad prices. Only Gameco I think is left is the one in the Great Mall.

I'm on board with you two, that companies business strategy has always been terrible. Other than Olathe there's one down in Pittsburg KS. Wonder how long they will last.

On some actual deal related news, I picked up a cherry used copy of Crackdown 2 at the Olathe Half Price Books last night for $20.
There was a good looking copy of Read Dead Redemption for 360 for $30, and a pretty decent looking Alan Wake CE for $44 when I left if anyone's interested.

#799 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

http://kansascity.cr...1945101850.html

AMECO at 11736 W 95TH ST 913-894-8898, Across from Oak Park Mall in front of Toys R Us is CLOSING SEPT. 30th. 2010,
Everything is 25%-50% OFF. GAMES, ACCESSORIES, SYTEMS, EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!!!!!

SYTEMS & ACCESSORIES 25% OFF

GAME & MOVIE SOFTWARE AS FOLLOWS
XBOX 360 25% OFF
PS3 25% OFF
Wii 25% OFF
DS, DS LITE, DSi 25% OFF
PSP 25% OFF
PS2 50% OFF
XBOX ORIG 50% OFF
SEGA GENESIS 50% OFF
NES 25% OFF
SNES 25% OFF
N64 25% OFF
DVD 25% OFF
BLU RAY 25% OFF
HD DVD 50% OFF
GAMEBOY 25% OFF
GAMEBOY ADVANCE 25% OFF
PS1 25% OFF
SHELVES, COUNTERS, DISPLAY CASES, WIRE RACKS, DESK, SHRINK WRAP MACHINES, OPEN SIGN,

PEPSI AND COCA COLA COOLERS NOT FOR SALE( I DO NOT OWN THEM)

Problem is that even 50% off at Gameco barely gets it to where the normal price should have been.

#800 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

I'm on board with you two, that companies business strategy has always been terrible. Other than Olathe there's one down in Pittsburg KS. Wonder how long they will last.

On some actual deal related news, I picked up a cherry used copy of Crackdown 2 at the Olathe Half Price Books last night for $20.
There was a good looking copy of Read Dead Redemption for 360 for $30, and a pretty decent looking Alan Wake CE for $44 when I left if anyone's interested.

Ha. I was there the other day and saw all three of those. Almost bought the Crackdown 2 but decided not to because I didn't really care for the demo.

#801 thrasher035

thrasher035

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Wow that's a pretty solid deal! I'm going to have to give Half Price Books a look more often.

...On some actual deal related news, I picked up a cherry used copy of Crackdown 2 at the Olathe Half Price Books last night for $20.There was a good looking copy of Read Dead Redemption for 360 for $30, and a pretty decent looking Alan Wake CE for $44 when I left if anyone's interested.

#802 macschwag14

macschwag14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

Manhattan CAG here.

Have to second CD Tradepost for games, blu-rays, etc. What's great is that they can ship an item to your house for $2 from any of their stores, and then they give you a $2 voucher code for your next purchase. Plus you get store credit on everything you buy if you're an all access member. Granted it's only like 5% per item, but I've racked up $40 a few times.

Otherwise had a lot of luck with Craigslist. There's often lots of soldiers who are getting deployed and need their games gone fast. I remember picking up Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV Liberty City Stories (both for PS3) about a month after release for $20 a piece from a guy. For those that feel I was taking advantage, I didn't haggle. That's the price the guy offered.

Edited by macschwag14, 16 October 2010 - 05:36 AM.

#803 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

I agree, CD Tradepost is fantastic. I've gotten a lot of great stuff there in the last year.

#804 Ryu4096

Ryu4096

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

KC CAGs

I saw at Kmart at 95th an Metcalf they have a new Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle (Game, Wireless Guitar, Mic, Wireless Drums) for PS3 clearanced for $50. They had one left. Not a bad deal if you are looking to pick up cheap instruments for PS3.

Of course, with RB 3 coming out on Tuesday, you might defer to all the newer instruments. Looks sweet, but the pro stuff costs a lot

->Ryu4096

#805 jaredstorm

jaredstorm

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Any Wichita CAGs go to Buybacks on East Harry?

Always great deals going on there.

608212.png

#806 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it; however, Play'nTrade (in Belton) fixes the RROD for $40. That's the good news. The bad news is that mine RRing'd again 14 days after the 30 repair warranty expired.

So...this time I fixed it with some youtube instructions and a $3 tube of thermal gel from Radio Shack (I already had the torx screwdrivers). The Play n Trade fix will work, but not necessarily for a long time.

I'm just too cheap to upgrade to a slim yet. Maybe on the next RROD.

#807 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

I also have to recommend CD Tradepost for DVD and Blu-Ray sales (mainly because I work there, if you live in Topeka, come to the Wanamaker store sometime and say hi). If you have an All Access card, you qualify for B2G1 on all DVDs, Blu Rays, and music CDs quite often (we've been doing it for the last few months, not sure what the All Access deal will be for February yet).

Also, the Wanamaker store got robbed recently. If you have any game systems or PS3 games to get rid of, bring them in.

[/unpaidadvertisement]

76561197977061647.png

#808 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it; however, Play'nTrade (in Belton) fixes the RROD for $40. That's the good news. The bad news is that mine RRing'd again 14 days after the 30 repair warranty expired.

So...this time I fixed it with some youtube instructions and a $3 tube of thermal gel from Radio Shack (I already had the torx screwdrivers). The Play n Trade fix will work, but not necessarily for a long time.

I'm just too cheap to upgrade to a slim yet. Maybe on the next RROD.

Woah. There is a Play n Trade in Belton now? Where is it located? I only know the main road with the blockbuster, gamestop and vintage stock.

#809 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

I also have to recommend CD Tradepost for DVD and Blu-Ray sales (mainly because I work there, if you live in Topeka, come to the Wanamaker store sometime and say hi). If you have an All Access card, you qualify for B2G1 on all DVDs, Blu Rays, and music CDs quite often (we've been doing it for the last few months, not sure what the All Access deal will be for February yet).

Also, the Wanamaker store got robbed recently. If you have any game systems or PS3 games to get rid of, bring them in.

[/unpaidadvertisement]

CD Tradepost was always a mixed bag - you never knew what you might find but I got some great treasures at the couple in Lawrence. I wish they had them in Indy, where I am now.

SI

#810 iambeaker

iambeaker

Right Wing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

CD Tradepost was always a mixed bag - you never knew what you might find but I got some great treasures at the couple in Lawrence. I wish they had them in Indy, where I am now.

SI

The CD Tradepost in Wichita (Central and Ridge Location) is incredible. The manager there is always great and helps you find what you are looking for. I got Grand Turismo 5 for 35.99 there (no discount).

Plus the All Access card has amazing deals.