• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#61 OzCatter

OzCatter

Who Watches the Watchmen?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:47 AM

How bout we do something real good.

The former Replay in Overland Park, now Game Xchange has some good deals. I got Vectorman and Super Wrestlemania for $3, might check the place out.

Maybe we can all imagine a 360, wait, I dont need to.
Posted Image

#62 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:43 AM

How bout we do something real good.

The former Replay in Overland Park, now Game Xchange has some good deals. I got Vectorman and Super Wrestlemania for $3, might check the place out.

Maybe we can all imagine a 360, wait, I dont need to.

Last time I was there the only thing I wanted was FLOW and I wasn't too sure about that. I do have high hope for that store seeing how it's next to a Chipotle I go to on my way home from work somtimes.

#63 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:11 PM

I've never been, I should check it out.

#64 fillican

fillican

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:12 AM

I was jsut at gameXchange and they do have pretty good prices. Though the rarer games could be a bit cheaper

#65 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:53 AM

I was wondering if any of the CAG's in the KS/MO area would like to meet at a Barnes N' Noble, Rainy Day Books, library or whatever to learn Korean. The cost is free for the site to teach it costs nothing last I checked and it seems pretty solid.
Anyone interested? I was planning on making it like Saturday or Sunday since I have work and I'm sure some other CAG's do too.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#66 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:52 AM

Sorry, I don't want to learn Korean.

Just another heads up. The Shawnee Mission Parkway Target now has SIX guitar hero bundles for $60 apiece, cheapest price around that I know of. Pretty fun too.

T

#67 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:10 AM

You know "Magna Carta" originated from Korea as well as the fact there are some other Korean games that seem to stand out. "Arcturus: The Curse and Loss Of Divinity", "Astonishia Story R", "Astonishia Story", "Rhapsody Of Zephyr" and "Tempest" to name some.
Posted Image

#68 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:43 AM

[FONT="]I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, just that I'm not interested. I don't have time to learn it, and if I did, Spanish or Chinese would be of more use to me right now.

T[/FONT]

#69 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

FYI, the K-mart at i435 and 87th in Kansas is being remodeled into a Sears Grand. They have 20% of marked price of all video games.

T

#70 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

I went to both of those KMarts and they really don't have anything good. Let's keep an eye out for when it goes up to 30, 40, and 50 percent off.

#71 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:21 AM

Don't I know it. The Kmart by me is turning into a sears grand. They have 20% off all games, but nothing I want in stock. I guess it would be nice to own Jak and Daxter Precursor to play again, especially since they seem to have it in the origial case (not greatest hits).

Also, the fancy 60 Guitar Hero I'm always trying to get you all to buy at Target has gone up to $70, not such a good deal anymore.

#72 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:14 AM

The Target in Lawrence has a copy of Trace Memory for $7.48 on that clearance endcap that's an aisle or three past electronics. Unfortunately not much else of interest there but I couldn't resist on that one.

(They had 3 but I picked up one for myself and one for trade ;) )

SI

#73 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:56 PM

The Target in Lawrence has a copy of Trace Memory for $7.48 on that clearance endcap that's an aisle or three past electronics. Unfortunately not much else of interest there but I couldn't resist on that one.

(They had 3 but I picked up one for myself and one for trade ;) )

SI

Trace Memory is still there as of about 2:00 PM today and there is also one Xbox 360 core in stock.

Guardian_owl.png

#74 MrX

MrX

Uosdwis R. Dewoh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:42 AM

In May I FINALLY get to go back to the meca of B&M cheap stores, Frys! Going to be loading up on crazy amounts of cheapness for trade, woohoo!!1! Perhaps once the date nears I can take some requests.....

#75 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:13 PM

Games are now 40% off at the two kmarts turning into sears grands. They don't have much though, mostly crap......

#76 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

[FONT="]I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, just that I'm not interested. I don't have time to learn it, and if I did, Spanish or Chinese would be of more use to me right now.

T[/FONT]

Chinese? What are you doing?
Posted Image

#77 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:52 PM

Chinese? What are you doing?

One of my freinds married a girl from China. They like to invite people to go with them on trips to visit her parents. My freinds who have gone with them says it's helpful to know some basic Chineese so you don't have to rely on having one of them around for everything.

T

#78 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

Has anyone noticed that the Midwest topics don't show up on the regional section on the main page?
T

#79 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:45 PM

Here is your deal. The Kmart on 436 and 87th in KS is one of the ones turning into a Sears grand. The games have all been moved up front and a big 50% of games sign is on the stand. The difference now is that all thier games are on the shelf (even new ones). I didn't see anything I wanted, but if you want to look through them you might find something you want.
T

#80 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:47 PM

Thomas any 360 games? I'm interested in PDZ CE as well as RR6.
Posted Image

#81 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:48 AM

I don't recall any, but I didn't look either, I don't have any Xbox ver. When I get back over there I'll update.

T

#82 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:20 AM

Thomas any 360 games? I'm interested in PDZ CE as well as RR6.

Sorry, no 360 games left. The games are now 60% off so you can imagine the quality of games that are left.

T

#83 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

Dammit. I missed out on 60, 70, 80, and 90 percent off. :bomb:

#84 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:59 AM

Haven't seen anything in this thread for weeks so I figured passing this along might revive the thread. Not that it's all that interesting of a deal but maybe others will remember the thread is here :)

http://www.cheapassg...30&postcount=80

SI

#85 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

This topic has died since it stoped showing up on the homepage. I found dragon quest 8 at Circut City during the sale last week, but it was the last one.

I guess I'll ask the locals what you think of this tv:

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1134703573334

Which I may get within the next year. I am very patient and want a good sale.

UMC

#86 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:30 PM

Yeah there haven't really been any deals around here at all..............

#87 MrX

MrX

Uosdwis R. Dewoh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

Yeah there haven't really been any deals around here at all..............

Gotta love the summer slowness
Follow me on twitter @Mrx88 I tweet nonsense!

Looking for a podcast co-host about random geekness and P.S. I have a potty mouth and you should too! PM for details.

*punches life in the neck*

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him...

#88 ospriteo

ospriteo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:42 PM

Hello Kansas people. I saw this in the other thread and figured i would post.

Thanks much to the OP. On Friday evening, about 6pm, I went to the Overland Park or maybe it was Olathe (you know, Southwest Kansas City), KS CC- not the mall one at 95th and Quivira but the one down at 122nd and Metcalf. Bumped into a friendly CAG there who was looking for some of the more obscure stuff and having some luck. Always enjoyable to run into nice and friendly CAG.
SI

I stopped by that Circuit City Saturday morning and picked up 2 DS games, they had quite a few ATV Quad Frenzy, Madded 05 and 06, Tiger Woods 05, Texas Hold Em and 1 Star Wars left. The believe the GBA games were pretty much gone, i wasn't really looking for thoes so i could be wrong.

I went to the Circuit City by Oak Park mall during lunch on friday and they had a TON of GBA/DS games. I ended up buying only one game. I went back after work and everything was gone....... I would say that the store pulled all of the games untill the 2nd. I dont think it was a hoarder seeing as though they probalby would have went to the other CC to.

So FYI the Oak Park CC might have a lot of games come the 2nd or the 4th.

#89 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:04 PM

Hello Kansas people. I saw this in the other thread and figured i would post.

I stopped by that Circuit City Saturday morning and picked up 2 DS games, they had quite a few ATV Quad Frenzy, Madded 05 and 06, Tiger Woods 05, Texas Hold Em and 1 Star Wars left. The believe the GBA games were pretty much gone, i wasn't really looking for thoes so i could be wrong.

I went to the Circuit City by Oak Park mall during lunch on friday and they had a TON of GBA/DS games. I ended up buying only one game. I went back after work and everything was gone....... I would say that the store pulled all of the games untill the 2nd. I dont think it was a hoarder seeing as though they probalby would have went to the other CC to.

So FYI the Oak Park CC might have a lot of games come the 2nd or the 4th.

Yeah, I think that someone has been buying up all the deals out here. During the big CC sale a while back, I only found one copy if one of the "good" sale games at the store, and that one was misplaced (my wife saw it). Everything else had been bought up even though I went on the first morning. I know some people buy early so they can pricematch, but I doubt there are enough CAGs out here to clear out stores unless they are buying multiple copies. Of course, it may not be a CAG, but it seems to be the same story at all the stores around here lately.

#90 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

It's probably some FW asshole.
Posted Image