Kansas CAG Thread

• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#91 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:02 AM

FYI - I got the last copy of Infected for PSP for $10 at the Target on Shawnee Mission Prkwy. There might be similar YMMV deals at the other big targets. It was buried on one of the end cap clearance sections among old pc games.

T

#92 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

Gameco on 95th Street next to TRU is running a buy 2 get 1 free deal. It's not advertised in the store, but the kid behind the counter said so.

#93 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:57 PM

Circuit City on 95th st. has 11 copies of Total Overdose marked at $3.96. If you take some of these to Blockbuster they'll give you $10 apiece for them. Don't try to buy more than 3 copies from mr bigeyes though. You might be able to get away with it from some other employee.

#94 bowsernieb

bowsernieb

America's Next Top M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

It's been awhile, but does anyone know if there are any of those Total Overdoses left at the 95th st Circuit City? Haven't had a chance to get over there yet.

#95 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:59 AM

Ok, havent seen any movement in this thread so time to update with what I've seen in the past week inbetween the 60+ hours of work I've put in :(

Kansas and Kansas City area stuff below. Keep in mind, I'm a Nintendo person mostly so there may be some good PS2 or XBox stuff that I'm missing.

1) Independence, MO CompUSA that's going out of business is pretty picked over. Games are 20% off and I picked up LotR: The Third Age for $15 - 20% off earlier this week.

2) Sears at Independence Center - big bin of games, not much that interested me but there's some decent stuff if you haven't gotten in on some other deals. Metroid Prime 2 for $10, POP: Two Thrones for $15 iirc.

3) Circuit City at Indepenence Center - still has a decent sized bin from the clearance from a while back but it's pretty picked over. Don't remember much that was in there, tho I do remember there was a copy of Suikoden Tactics that I was thinking about for the PS2 I'll eventually get.

4) KMart out in Independence - Nothing marked clearance. Couldn't find an associate to scan stuff in the protective displays. Had copies of some stuff that's clearanced elsewhere like GBA Zelda II.

4) Mission, KS Sears Essentials (used to be KMart)- The clearance stuff isn't marked up but shows up in their computer and there was a decent bit of it since it's not marked. Picked up Kirby and Amazing Mirror for GBA for $7 and Metroid Pinball for $10. Still copies of each of those. Price checked a copy of Pokemon Sapphire since it's clearanced at KMart but not at Sears- showed up as $40 so nothing doing there.

5) KMart on Metcalf and 95th-ish. Pretty picked over. Got the only copy of Donkey Konga with drums for $15 last week. Not much there but I remember something like 2 or 3 copies of Dark Stalkers for PSP. Didn't that used to be fairly sought after but isn't any more?

6) Finally, I got to end my day on a good note that made my day perk up at the Lawrence, KS Target. Geist for $6.xx and, best of all, Western Digital external MyBook 120 GB hard drive for $70. Still 1 of each left. The clearanced games are somewhat underwhelming and hard to find. If you've been there, you've see that they mix their greatest hits and clearance games in the endcap in the games section as well as sometimes placing clearance games on one of the endcaps a couple more aisles down.

Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling in the thread with some reports and thoughts. Oh, and anyone who knows anywhere that has a discount GBA Player would be greatly appreciated ;)

SI

#96 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

I don't suppose we could get an update to this thread title to include Kansas City? Maybe get a few more people active in it?

SI

#97 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:58 AM

On Labor Day, I also had the fun of working but afterwards dropped into a couple of places in the SE KC area. The data's a little late but better late than never.

1) I went to the Olathe, KS KMart on Santa Fe. Picked up copies of Mario Golf ($8) and Mario Tennis ($15) as well as the old e-reader Mario Party ($2) card set. I didn't see any more copies of Mario Golf, however, there was another of Mario Tennis but it was in the case. They have the typical KMart clearance box out on the counter in electronics but there was also some stuff in the case. As the electronics guy kept running around the understaffed-looking store, I didn't get to peruse everything in the cases so there might be some hidden goodies there.

2) Went to the Olathe, KS Toys R Us- the one down by the Great Mall. Nothing too exciting that I remember. If you don't have it yet, there were at least 10 copies of Baten Kaitos for $10 with the soundtrack, just sitting out on the floor.

3) On the way back from the KMart, ran across the Blockbuster with the GameRush and stopped in on a whim. Walked out with a new copy of WarioWare: Twisted for $10. There was another copy still there if anyone's interested.

SI

#98 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the info!

That Kmart on Santa Fe is great. I went in there a couple of months ago with the Kmart clearance list. The guy working in electronics was shocked when games tagged at $35 rang up at $3 over and over.

#99 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:56 PM

Gameco on 95th Street next to TRU is running a buy 2 get 1 free deal. It's not advertised in the store, but the kid behind the counter said so.

Bleh they usually overcharge.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#100 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, Gameco totally sucks. I agree. All those places around there suck though. GameXchange sucks too. I was just pointing out that they had a buy 2 get 1 sale which is okay to look at when gamestop isn't running anything.

#101 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

Lawrence, KS Target didn't have much except some PC games I didn't look too closely at. They had about 5 copies of Ridge Racer for the DS but I'm just not that excited about it. Disappointed to not see KH: Chain of Memories or Minish Cap :(

EDIT: Wait, did see Tales of Phantasia for, I think, $15. It was over on the GH endcap where they mix stuff in, not one of the clearance endcaps. There were also copies of Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube and a couple of others on that shelf. Nothing really exciting as I already have ToP and MMAC but decent stuff if you don't already have them.

SI

#102 Belgand

Belgand

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

Is the KC area K-Marts totally sold out on Shadow Hearts: Covenant? I've been looking for it for a while, but since I'm stuck out here in Manhattan I haven't had much of a chance to get back in town and go through anything.

#103 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:21 AM

Belgand, didn't see it but wasn't looking for it when I went yesterday but I didn't see the update to this thread until just now so I'm not much help in that regard.

1) KMart on Santa Fe in Lenexa (Olathe?) (9.12) - Found a copy of Ridge Racer DS for $2. Wasn't really looking for it but for $2, maybe it's time to try another racer to wash NFSMW out of my mouth for the DS. Didn't see any other copies. Also, there was a Platinum Hits KOTOR which I picked up for $4, also the only copy. In the case, picked up an EyeToy Groove with the EyeToy included marked for $15, but it rang up for $5- there was another copy in the case but you have to try and find someone to let you into it which can be a challenge there. Still, 3 games for less than $12 and this is quickly becoming one of my favorite stores :)

2) Oak Park Circuit City (9.13) - Wanted a second set of bongos for the copy of Donkey Konga I picked up last week so spent some time anguishing over which game to get. Ended up deciding on the only copy they had of Donkey Konga 2 with bongos for $20. They had 2 copies of Jungle Beat with bongos for that price still, tho, if anyone's interested.

SI

#104 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

Hey Sterling....how about letting me know when they update the price drops at the Sante Fe Kmart. The had a bunch of stuff that wasn't updated when I went up there the other day.

#105 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

Lately, I've been trying to post whenever I drop by any spot and check for prices but I only have so much time in a week when I can actually go check :)

SI

#106 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:21 AM

Went again to the Santa Fe KMart in Lenexa. Picked up a copy of Pokemon Sapphire. It was tagged $10 but rung up at $17. However, a really nice cashier changed it. I swear that copy was not there either of the other two times I've checked recently so either someone has returned something or they restocked or it was hiding really good- not out towards the front of the case where it was today. Also saw about 6 copies of Mark of Kri there but they were marked something like $25, still had a couple of copies of Polarium for ~$20, a copy of Advent Rising for XBox for $5 (I think that was new) and a smattering of other stuff I don't remember.

SI

#107 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:25 PM

I went to the Kmart on Metcalf and their Donkey Konga bongos were still $38. Have you checked the bongos on Santa Fe? Did they still have those 3 copies of simpsons road rage for xbox?

#108 DaveTheBrave

DaveTheBrave

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:56 AM

Was at the Best Buy @ 119th & I-35 today and saw a few $10 DS titles. Mr. Driller, Dig Dug, Urbz (Sims), Pac Man World 3 & Pac N Roll.

#109 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

I went to the Kmart on Metcalf and their Donkey Konga bongos were still $38. Have you checked the bongos on Santa Fe? Did they still have those 3 copies of simpsons road rage for xbox?

Don't know about Simpsons. Checked the bongos a week and a half or two weeks ago and they rang up as something high so I passed on them.

Have some info about St Jo from last night but I'll have to post that tonight as I need to get to work.

SI

#110 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:13 AM

Ok, I think I'll pass on posting in the regular threads for these two (KMart, Target) as they're filling up with hoarders and just stick with updates here in the KS thread. Granted, these were in St Joseph but that's right across the border, so close enough, right? :)

So, I was up in St Jo for work and right down the street from where I had to work was the North Belt Highway KMart. It's so nice to go to the places like St Jo and Topeka because KC has a nasty set of hoarders. I get wanting a copy for yourself or for trade, but it's rare to see much from clearances as everything gets ravaged. There they had a nice employee who was patient and helped my get into all of the cases where they had the clearance stuff all bunched together in the bottom of each case. As for my haul, I got one of each of the following (most of which is on my trade list, tho I'll start playing a couple of those soon):
:ds: Tiger Woods 2005 ($3)
:gba: Super Mario Advance 4, Series 1&2 cards (60c each)
:gba: Metroid NES, Ice Climbers NES
:gc: Metroid Prime GH ($2)
:xbox: Soul Calibur 2 PH ($2)
:ps2: Enter the Matrix GH ($2)
So, all in all, 8 things for under $20- great haul by my estimation. Beyond that, they had a copy of Wind Waker (GH) for $8, multiple copies of Metroid Prime ($2), another copy of Enter the Matrix for the PS2 ($2), and more copies of those NES Classics (tho those were the only two). There was a pretty good selection of stuff that wasn't marked down very much and in the $20 range like Mark of Kri and Drill Dozer. There were no copies of Minish Cap, Sonic Advance, Pokemon, Time Crisis, or Taiko that I saw as I was kindof keeping an eye out for those either for personal use or to report back to the board.

Next up was the Target right up the road from that. Unlike Lawrence where clearance stuff is kindof just thrown on a nearby endcap and rarely lasts more than a couple of days, this one was crazily well organized. There was an entire clearance game endcap over by the music section. I didn't get anything for myself as I didn't see anything I really wanted that I didn't have. What I remember from there is a copy of Mega Man Collection (GH) for Gamecube but not much else for that system (notice I always check N stuff and remember it best since that's what I have). For the DS, there were lots of copies of Drill Spirits, Urbz, and Ridge Racer. For the PSP, they had multiple copies of a pair of baseball games (I forget which). For the GBA, there was a copy of Tales of Phantasia and a bunch of Anime themed games like Shaman King. For the PS2 and XBox, there was a lot of collection filling pedestrian stuff like GH games.

And, of a non-bargain nature, I was thrilled to death when I went to the Best Buy right next to the Target. Sure, it cost me $30, but I finally managed to track down a copy of Orbital's :gba: Racing Gears Advance.

SI

#111 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

Ugh I miss the days when no one was here in this thread. Me and Subbie with the deals mostly to ourselves.
Posted Image

#112 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

Short bump- picked up Battalion Wars for $15 at the Sears Grand on Shawnee Mission Parkway, near I-35. They still haven't marked anything down there. Noticed a copy of Metroid Pinball there but that's about it. Didn't look at anything Sony or Microsoft as I never bothered to print out a list.

SI

#113 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

Short bump- picked up Battalion Wars for $15 at the Sears Grand on Shawnee Mission Parkway, near I-35. They still haven't marked anything down there. Noticed a copy of Metroid Pinball there but that's about it. Didn't look at anything Sony or Microsoft as I never bothered to print out a list.

SI

Thanks I didn't think they had anything left there so perhaps I'll go to pick up a few PSP cheapys if I can think of anything I really care about. Was MMX and MM:PU there?
Posted Image

#114 kealist

kealist

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:13 PM

Lawrence, KS Target

I got :xbox: Dead to Rights for $2.45.

They had about 20 copies of Max Payne 2 (:ps2: I think) for $3.48

Tales of Phantasia 7.48

and a ton of some basketball game on clearance. My memory is terrible. I will probably go back today to edit this for real.
I definitely made the lamest avatar I could

#115 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:20 PM

Again, not quite Kansas but KC, went to the Toys R Us in Independence last night. Picked up :gba: Fire Emblem: SS for $15. Not much of note there, tho they do have quite a bit of the stuff that was on clearance. I know a few people have still been looking for Psychonauts for Xbox and they had maybe 2 or 3 copies of that for ~$10. I saw they already had copies of the Players Choice versions of Pokemon: FR/LG- don't know if they were at the PC price yet, tho.

SI

#116 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:24 PM

Was up north yesterday and stopped at the Target on Chouteau. I asked one of the guys working there for orange tagged games but he said they didn't have any. They did have the obligatory cheap shelf but it was kindof hidden away from the games section. I don't really have a mental list of the Target clearance stuff so I don't know if they didn't have any clearance games or, more likely, they had some but they weren't marked. I did price check a NES GBA Zelda II which rang up at $10 so I passed- not sure if that helps anyone in their determination of the former vs the latter of the previous thought, tho.

I did pick up a GBA Game Shark orange tagged to $4.98 and there was a second one there for anyone interested.

Also, does anyone know if that CompUSA that was closing out towards Independence has finally closed? If not, what % they are on for stuff?

SI

#117 OzCatter

OzCatter

Who Watches the Watchmen?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

Yep, the CompUSA closed a fews weeks ago, just another building in Independence to rot and decay
Posted Image

#118 bstan21

bstan21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:12 PM

^ No it didn't. I was just there yesterday. Games are at 30% off and have all been moved to the front by the registers. I mostly noted PS2 and PSP stuff since thats what I have and they don't have a ton that beats other prices elsewhere or with the GGC. They did have a ton of Gamecubes by the last register for 30% off.

I did notice all guides were 70% off.

#119 bstan21

bstan21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:16 PM

I forgot to mention that I asked for their PSP display sign and the nice manager gave it to me. Its just cardboard but its damn cool.

More % prices that I remembered...
Hard Drives - 60 off
TV - 30 off but their stock is dwindling.
PS2 FF with Hard Drive...$40 I believe. They also had a ps1 LCD screen but I don't remember how much it was...I Do remember it wasn't a great deal.

They have Harmony remotes for 30 or 40 off right now, might wait till those drop and make a jump on one.

#120 paynus

paynus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:21 PM

i live in olathe, gonna have to bookmark this thread.