Kansas CAG Thread
Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:02 AM
Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:36 PM
Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:57 PM
Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:08 PM
Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:59 AM
Kansas and Kansas City area stuff below. Keep in mind, I'm a Nintendo person mostly so there may be some good PS2 or XBox stuff that I'm missing.
1) Independence, MO CompUSA that's going out of business is pretty picked over. Games are 20% off and I picked up LotR: The Third Age for $15 - 20% off earlier this week.
2) Sears at Independence Center - big bin of games, not much that interested me but there's some decent stuff if you haven't gotten in on some other deals. Metroid Prime 2 for $10, POP: Two Thrones for $15 iirc.
3) Circuit City at Indepenence Center - still has a decent sized bin from the clearance from a while back but it's pretty picked over. Don't remember much that was in there, tho I do remember there was a copy of Suikoden Tactics that I was thinking about for the PS2 I'll eventually get.
4) KMart out in Independence - Nothing marked clearance. Couldn't find an associate to scan stuff in the protective displays. Had copies of some stuff that's clearanced elsewhere like GBA Zelda II.
4) Mission, KS Sears Essentials (used to be KMart)- The clearance stuff isn't marked up but shows up in their computer and there was a decent bit of it since it's not marked. Picked up Kirby and Amazing Mirror for GBA for $7 and Metroid Pinball for $10. Still copies of each of those. Price checked a copy of Pokemon Sapphire since it's clearanced at KMart but not at Sears- showed up as $40 so nothing doing there.
5) KMart on Metcalf and 95th-ish. Pretty picked over. Got the only copy of Donkey Konga with drums for $15 last week. Not much there but I remember something like 2 or 3 copies of Dark Stalkers for PSP. Didn't that used to be fairly sought after but isn't any more?
6) Finally, I got to end my day on a good note that made my day perk up at the Lawrence, KS Target. Geist for $6.xx and, best of all, Western Digital external MyBook 120 GB hard drive for $70. Still 1 of each left. The clearanced games are somewhat underwhelming and hard to find. If you've been there, you've see that they mix their greatest hits and clearance games in the endcap in the games section as well as sometimes placing clearance games on one of the endcaps a couple more aisles down.
Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling in the thread with some reports and thoughts. Oh, and anyone who knows anywhere that has a discount GBA Player would be greatly appreciated
Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:05 PM
Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:58 AM
1) I went to the Olathe, KS KMart on Santa Fe. Picked up copies of Mario Golf ($8) and Mario Tennis ($15) as well as the old e-reader Mario Party ($2) card set. I didn't see any more copies of Mario Golf, however, there was another of Mario Tennis but it was in the case. They have the typical KMart clearance box out on the counter in electronics but there was also some stuff in the case. As the electronics guy kept running around the understaffed-looking store, I didn't get to peruse everything in the cases so there might be some hidden goodies there.
2) Went to the Olathe, KS Toys R Us- the one down by the Great Mall. Nothing too exciting that I remember. If you don't have it yet, there were at least 10 copies of Baten Kaitos for $10 with the soundtrack, just sitting out on the floor.
3) On the way back from the KMart, ran across the Blockbuster with the GameRush and stopped in on a whim. Walked out with a new copy of WarioWare: Twisted for $10. There was another copy still there if anyone's interested.
Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:23 PM
That Kmart on Santa Fe is great. I went in there a couple of months ago with the Kmart clearance list. The guy working in electronics was shocked when games tagged at $35 rang up at $3 over and over.
Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:56 PM
Gameco on 95th Street next to TRU is running a buy 2 get 1 free deal. It's not advertised in the store, but the kid behind the counter said so.
Bleh they usually overcharge.
"Friends let friends eat each other out.".
Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:17 PM
Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:47 PM
EDIT: Wait, did see Tales of Phantasia for, I think, $15. It was over on the GH endcap where they mix stuff in, not one of the clearance endcaps. There were also copies of Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube and a couple of others on that shelf. Nothing really exciting as I already have ToP and MMAC but decent stuff if you don't already have them.
Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:11 PM
Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:21 AM
1) KMart on Santa Fe in Lenexa (Olathe?) (9.12) - Found a copy of Ridge Racer DS for $2. Wasn't really looking for it but for $2, maybe it's time to try another racer to wash NFSMW out of my mouth for the DS. Didn't see any other copies. Also, there was a Platinum Hits KOTOR which I picked up for $4, also the only copy. In the case, picked up an EyeToy Groove with the EyeToy included marked for $15, but it rang up for $5- there was another copy in the case but you have to try and find someone to let you into it which can be a challenge there. Still, 3 games for less than $12 and this is quickly becoming one of my favorite stores
2) Oak Park Circuit City (9.13) - Wanted a second set of bongos for the copy of Donkey Konga I picked up last week so spent some time anguishing over which game to get. Ended up deciding on the only copy they had of Donkey Konga 2 with bongos for $20. They had 2 copies of Jungle Beat with bongos for that price still, tho, if anyone's interested.
Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:04 PM
Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:44 PM
Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:21 AM
Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:25 PM
Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:56 AM
Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:31 PM
I went to the Kmart on Metcalf and their Donkey Konga bongos were still $38. Have you checked the bongos on Santa Fe? Did they still have those 3 copies of simpsons road rage for xbox?
Don't know about Simpsons. Checked the bongos a week and a half or two weeks ago and they rang up as something high so I passed on them.
Have some info about St Jo from last night but I'll have to post that tonight as I need to get to work.
Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:13 AM
So, I was up in St Jo for work and right down the street from where I had to work was the North Belt Highway KMart. It's so nice to go to the places like St Jo and Topeka because KC has a nasty set of hoarders. I get wanting a copy for yourself or for trade, but it's rare to see much from clearances as everything gets ravaged. There they had a nice employee who was patient and helped my get into all of the cases where they had the clearance stuff all bunched together in the bottom of each case. As for my haul, I got one of each of the following (most of which is on my trade list, tho I'll start playing a couple of those soon):
Tiger Woods 2005 ($3)
Super Mario Advance 4, Series 1&2 cards (60c each)
Metroid NES, Ice Climbers NES
Metroid Prime GH ($2)
Soul Calibur 2 PH ($2)
Enter the Matrix GH ($2)
So, all in all, 8 things for under $20- great haul by my estimation. Beyond that, they had a copy of Wind Waker (GH) for $8, multiple copies of Metroid Prime ($2), another copy of Enter the Matrix for the PS2 ($2), and more copies of those NES Classics (tho those were the only two). There was a pretty good selection of stuff that wasn't marked down very much and in the $20 range like Mark of Kri and Drill Dozer. There were no copies of Minish Cap, Sonic Advance, Pokemon, Time Crisis, or Taiko that I saw as I was kindof keeping an eye out for those either for personal use or to report back to the board.
Next up was the Target right up the road from that. Unlike Lawrence where clearance stuff is kindof just thrown on a nearby endcap and rarely lasts more than a couple of days, this one was crazily well organized. There was an entire clearance game endcap over by the music section. I didn't get anything for myself as I didn't see anything I really wanted that I didn't have. What I remember from there is a copy of Mega Man Collection (GH) for Gamecube but not much else for that system (notice I always check N stuff and remember it best since that's what I have). For the DS, there were lots of copies of Drill Spirits, Urbz, and Ridge Racer. For the PSP, they had multiple copies of a pair of baseball games (I forget which). For the GBA, there was a copy of Tales of Phantasia and a bunch of Anime themed games like Shaman King. For the PS2 and XBox, there was a lot of collection filling pedestrian stuff like GH games.
And, of a non-bargain nature, I was thrilled to death when I went to the Best Buy right next to the Target. Sure, it cost me $30, but I finally managed to track down a copy of Orbital's Racing Gears Advance.
Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:30 AM
"Friends let friends eat each other out.".
Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:45 PM
Posted 23 September 2006 - 05:54 PM
Short bump- picked up Battalion Wars for $15 at the Sears Grand on Shawnee Mission Parkway, near I-35. They still haven't marked anything down there. Noticed a copy of Metroid Pinball there but that's about it. Didn't look at anything Sony or Microsoft as I never bothered to print out a list.
Thanks I didn't think they had anything left there so perhaps I'll go to pick up a few PSP cheapys if I can think of anything I really care about. Was MMX and MM:PU there?
"Friends let friends eat each other out.".
Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:13 PM
I got Dead to Rights for $2.45.
They had about 20 copies of Max Payne 2 ( I think) for $3.48
Tales of Phantasia 7.48
and a ton of some basketball game on clearance. My memory is terrible. I will probably go back today to edit this for real.
Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:20 PM
Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:24 PM
I did pick up a GBA Game Shark orange tagged to $4.98 and there was a second one there for anyone interested.
Also, does anyone know if that CompUSA that was closing out towards Independence has finally closed? If not, what % they are on for stuff?
Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:03 PM
Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:12 PM
I did notice all guides were 70% off.
Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:16 PM
More % prices that I remembered...
Hard Drives - 60 off
TV - 30 off but their stock is dwindling.
PS2 FF with Hard Drive...$40 I believe. They also had a ps1 LCD screen but I don't remember how much it was...I Do remember it wasn't a great deal.
They have Harmony remotes for 30 or 40 off right now, might wait till those drop and make a jump on one.