Kansas CAG Thread

• Please log in to reply
835 replies to this topic

#121 Gnuh

Gnuh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:10 AM

I was browsing TRU earlier tonight and I found 4-5 copies of Phoenix Wright on the shelf. I take a look at the price and I saw 19.99. :-k This seemed kind of fishy, but I only took note of the price and thought maybe a price change was about to occur so I could GGC it at BB. I will confirm this next week when I get a chance to go there again.

I was going to post this on a main thread but I'm sure it was more regional

#122 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

I'll second this last post. I was out at the Olathe, KS TRU, working on one of their computers on Friday, and checked out their games after I was done. They had 8-10 copies of Phoenix Wright with a shelf tag of $20. They also had a bin of DK games complete with Bongos marked for $20- at least 5 copies each of Donkey Konga, Donkey Konga 2, and Jungle Beat.

SI

#123 Gnuh

Gnuh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:15 AM

Considering that TRU has a 10% off coupon on their ad this week for "anything," it could curve tax and then some to make the deal better. And there is the DS Lite bundle* that TRU has for ~$160 -10% and then "no reciept" return the games to Walmart for other games. The value of Over the Hedge at Walmart is $30 so it could be replaced for another game.

*Comes with either a black or pink DS Lite, a nintendo gamer Kit, Over the Hedge DS and Shrek Superslam DS

#124 mojo_12345

mojo_12345

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:58 AM

hello just thought i would ask all the KS CAG'S have any of you seen a tristar64 any where?

#125 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:08 AM

Been a little slow lately but I was at the Olathe, KS TRU today- picked up Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, and Shadow of the Colossus for B2G1. They had a lot of stuff there but some new stuff like Contact wasn't there yet. I noticed the new Nintendogs, Clubhouse Games, and Rocket Slime so if it's a week or two old, they pretty much have it.

The Santa Fe KMart has been ravaged by someone. Not much left there.

4 or 5 copies of Odama at the Lawrence Target but they're at $25 as of this evening so not really worth it yet.

SI

#126 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:33 AM

Bump, anyone?

SI

#127 mojo_12345

mojo_12345

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

block buster in wichita on west cenrtal buy 2 get 1 free for ps2,GC,and XBOX.
all used games are 6.99

#128 clariste

clariste

Holy diver...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:49 PM

block buster in wichita on west cenrtal buy 2 get 1 free for ps2,GC,and XBOX.
all used games are 6.99

Wow, $14 for any 3 used games on PS2/GC/XBX, that's not bad.

#129 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:46 PM

Nice deal. Too bad Wichita is a bit of a drive- I may check some of the KC area ones when I get a chance.

SI

#130 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:26 PM

Picked up Odama at the Lawerence, KS Target for $12 this past week. A bunch of "eh" XBox games for $10-$20 there, too. Can't recall too much- lots of sports and Max Payne 2 were the only two that came to mind.

SI

#131 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:53 AM

The MicroCenter in OP now has one of the fancy gaming sections. It looks impressive and they carry a lot of accessories for your systems, but I didn't spend enough time there to notice any good deals. If you are ever in Micro Center (and who isn't) check it out.

#132 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

The OP Micro Center's game center now has the $100 mail in rebate for xbox 360s. this is likely the best price you will see for a couple years.

T

#133 dratsacras

dratsacras

Boomshanka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:18 AM

Picked up Odama at the Lawerence, KS Target for $12 this past week.

Damn. Anybody seen this price any closer to the Missouri side? My Target still has them marked $35.

#134 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

Went back to the motherlode KMart in St Jo from the above post as I had to work in both Chilicothe and Hiawatha, KS yesterday but nothing really left there- just the usual KMart stuff that's left now with $20 Mark of Kri's and Polariums. Really wishing I had picked up more when I had the chance way back when. Live and learn, I guess.

At the end of my day, back in KC, I went to the TRU on the north side by the airport on Broadway. They had the new clearance games in a bin towards the back. I sifted through that entire thing and picked up :ps2: Arc the Lad: End of Darkness and :gc: NBA Street Vol 3 both in the $7 range. No luck on any of the Gamecube stuff (Fire Emblem, F-Zero, RE4) except Baten Kaitos- there were a couple of copies but no soundtrack. Quite a bit of PSP, actually, tho the only thing that stood out to me was POP. No Katamari or Ratchet and Clank for PS2 either. A few copies of Budokai- different versions for different systems.

I didn't really notice many games of note but this sale is a little light on big titles. They did have Psychonauts but they weren't marked with orange tags like everything else but they were in the clearance bin. They had quite a few copies of Donkey Konga 1/2 but they also didn't have tags and I've seen in the TRU thread, those are supposed to be clearanced, too. Since it was so late, I didn't price check as they were getting ready to close. Lots of stuff like Spiderman 2, sports games, and other fluff like Ghost Recon 2 and movie games (Constantine for $3.50, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and Trivial Pursuit.

SI

#135 druciferwept

druciferwept

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

anybody camping out for the Wii Saturday night/Sunday morning?

#136 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:16 AM

I think I'll have to pass on the camping. I don't really want to throw down $300 at the moment (because I know if I got it, I'd have to get Zelda)- it's just not in the budget. I prefer to bleed that money away $10 at a time... speaking of which:

Checked the MicroCenter as the new ad came today. Snagged a $25 CF card for my camera that was 1 gig but nothing of note in the games section. They're pretty much a store that hangs onto stuff far too long before dropping. Then again, it seems like many others drop prices way too quickly on many things. A balancing act, I guess. The new gaming section is decent looking but nothing special. Then again, I suppose we're kindof about prices so this is getting off topic.

On my way down Metcalf, checked the KMart at 95th- they still have their sad little clearance box out but there's nothing new. Same old, same old- ~$20 copies of Polarium, Metroid Pinball, Darkstalkers, Brave Fencer Musashi- pretty much what's been there for months.

Then I headed down 95th to the TRU at Quivira. They didn't have a bin but they had updated most of their signs to have the right prices. That said, you had to hunt a bit. Snagged the last copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Didn't see anything else of interest. However, I think they were still going through the lists and marking stuff so it's not quite up and running yet.

SI

#137 OzCatter

OzCatter

Who Watches the Watchmen?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

Not camping, but getting to my GS early Saturday to be the first one, I'm #1 on the reserve list and am paying off tonight
Posted Image

#138 Duane Cunningham

Duane Cunningham

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

Yo, Oz! Representing the COL on CAG, eh? Sai-Rad and I are probably going to hit the 24 hour Wal-Mart in Shawnee unless something better comes up.

#139 Laeluu

Laeluu

Posted 18 November 2006 - 06:31 PM

(Woot, first post on the boards.)

Personally, I'ma go to Best Buy, out by Oak Park Mall. That store's said to have 87 Wii's. I'ma start camping 'round 11:00 PM, probally. Late enough so my day isn't taken up, late enough that I'm guarenteed one.

EDIT: By the way, at the Game Stop around there, I saw a brand spakin' new copy of Fire Emblem for $17. :] I about creamed myself.

#140 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:46 AM

Yo, Oz! Representing the COL on CAG, eh? Sai-Rad and I are probably going to hit the 24 hour Wal-Mart in Shawnee unless something better comes up.

I saw you guys got em too.

Lucky you got them though, I had my preordered at got at midnight, but had a bitch of a time finding Zelda, had to hang with some guys that were first at the Best Buy in Methdependence
Posted Image

#141 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:32 AM

Since it's been a slow couple of weeks, just figured I'd bump this and pass along the sentiments that hopefully everyone is staying safe and warm with the weather out there.

SI

#142 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:18 AM

Hehe, we're getting pummeled still, now getting up to 10+ inches of snow
Posted Image

#143 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:45 AM

I don't suppose we could get an update to this thread title to include Kansas City? Maybe get a few more people active in it?

SI

Good idea I tried to start a KC thread and it didn't go very well.

#144 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:01 PM

It's just one of those things- you need enough users to keep a thread active and there just isn't a large enough KC contingent here, I don't believe. This way, we can put together KC, Topeka, Wichita, and everywhere else in the state as, if you think about it, there are probably less stores in the entire state plus both sides of the stateline in KC than in some of the major cities like Chicago or Houston.

BTW, if you got the Castlevania DS preorder- they had those in at the Lawrence EBGames on Monday. Actually, it was pretty cool- I went in there on Saturday to preorder and they were still taking orders and I got it on Monday. Everyone who preordered got one as they said they had 19 preorders and 19 bonus packs.

SI

#145 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:13 AM

It's just one of those things- you need enough users to keep a thread active and there just isn't a large enough KC contingent here, I don't believe. This way, we can put together KC, Topeka, Wichita, and everywhere else in the state as, if you think about it, there are probably less stores in the entire state plus both sides of the stateline in KC than in some of the major cities like Chicago or Houston.

BTW, if you got the Castlevania DS preorder- they had those in at the Lawrence EBGames on Monday. Actually, it was pretty cool- I went in there on Saturday to preorder and they were still taking orders and I got it on Monday. Everyone who preordered got one as they said they had 19 preorders and 19 bonus packs.

SI

Good point. I hope we can keep this thread active so we can share deals in our neck of the woods.

#146 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:43 AM

My nearly-weekly check of Target in Lawrence came up with nada.

SI

#147 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:37 AM

I usually check the Targets north of the river in KC on a weekly basis. I will try and post anything I find...

#148 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:47 AM

Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway has marked down all of their normally $20 PS2, Xbox, DS, and GBA games to $10. Highlights below:

PS2
American Wasteland
GTA: LCS
Jaws
Jak 3
Sly 3
Jak X
CoD:BR1
Pop: 2 thrones
Ratchet Deadlocked

Xbox
Black
San Andreas

PSP
Ape escape
Hot Shots
Socom 1

#149 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

I'm gonna head out tomorrow to Micro Center and probably pick up a 360 with the $100 MIR, anyone wanna know how many they got left?
Posted Image

#150 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

I'm gonna head out tomorrow to Micro Center and probably pick up a 360 with the $100 MIR, anyone wanna know how many they got left?

Last time I was there they had plenty. Don't forget that if you sign up for a credit card you can get another 100 back.

T