Kansas CAG Thread

• Please log in to reply
835 replies to this topic

#151 OzCatter

OzCatter

Who Watches the Watchmen?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:12 PM

Last time I was there they had plenty. Don't forget that if you sign up for a credit card you can get another 100 back.

T

Only 17, and my parents credit is crap after my dad ruined it.

I wish I could get that extra hundred
Posted Image

#152 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:44 AM

Uh, they only have about 10 left, of both. Grab em now!
Posted Image

#153 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:01 PM

I know this is probably too late but the Best Buy stores on the Kansas side 95th and Quivera and 119th and Strang Line received a shipment of PS3 systems on Friday 12/8/06. Didn't have time to check out much else.

#154 VGI-Shinobi

VGI-Shinobi

Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

It's probably a long shot but any CAG in Wichita has a used DS Lite or Xbox looking to sell, PM me. Thanks.

#155 bowsernieb

bowsernieb

America's Next Top M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:06 AM

Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway has marked down all of their normally $20 PS2, Xbox, DS, and GBA games to $10. Highlights below:

PS2
American Wasteland
GTA: LCS
Jaws
Jak 3
Sly 3
Jak X
CoD:BR1
Pop: 2 thrones
Ratchet Deadlocked

Xbox
Black
San Andreas

PSP
Ape escape
Hot Shots
Socom 1

Are you talking about the Wal-Mart over by 4-35? Cause I stopped there today and didn't see any of these titles. Which Wal-Mart on Shawnee Mission Parkway are we talking about here?

#156 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:58 AM

Pinebarrens- had seen you post in the KMart thread. Find anything good?

SI

#157 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:12 AM

I checked out Target up north off of I-35 and Chouteau nothing worth reporting. They had a whole bunch of titles in the clearance rack but it looked like most of the standard fair ($19.99 greatest hits titles and stuff like that).

#158 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:47 AM

I need a cheap Halo 2, used or new, so if you got one or spotted one, let me know
Posted Image

#159 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:03 AM

I need a cheap Halo 2, used or new, so if you got one or spotted one, let me know

I will let you know if I see one while checking my local stores. By the way how cheap are we talking (greatest hits $20 cheap or should I not even mention it unless it's cheaper?).

#160 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

As long as it cheaper than $30 regular
Posted Image

#161 umcthomas

umcthomas

We're all mad here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 04:42 PM

I picked up a collectors edition (used) of this for $15 (after promotion) at Blockbuster about a week ago. You might call around to them and see if they have any in stock. They were (maybe are) having a 25% off used games promotion right now. I have found that Blockbuser usually charges less for collectors editions than regular editions.

Also, I was in GameXchange on 95th and they seem to have lowered some of their prices. They have gone from too high to about average on game prices (at least the few I looked at). They had Perfect dark zero collectors edition for $20 (which I believe is the price for a used non-collectors at eb) down from $30. They also got a fancy disk surface repair thing (not sure when they got that) but they ran the disks of a game I bought through it and it looks like new, I can't even tell it's been run through a machine.

T

#162 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:34 PM

Found a couple of Polarium, and TS Golf at 135th St.

Pinebarrens- had seen you post in the KMart thread. Find anything good?

SI

#163 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

Are you talking about the Wal-Mart over by 4-35? Cause I stopped there today and didn't see any of these titles. Which Wal-Mart on Shawnee Mission Parkway are we talking about here?

Isn't that the only Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway?

#164 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:53 AM

Deal time, got Halo 2 no case and PDZ Collectors Edition for $20 total at GameRush in Parkville.

$7.99 for Halo, $11.99 for PDZ
Posted Image

#165 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:43 PM

I'm not sure if anyone that reads this thread is seeking one but the BB off of 95th and Quivera in Overland Park has PS3's in stock. As of about 11:15AM they had 7 60GB units on the shelf. Didn't see anything else really worth while.

#166 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:39 AM

In the realm of things in stock, I saw 5ish Wiimotes in the case behind the counter at the Gamestop up in Liberty, MO at about 5pm today.

As I don't have a Wii, that didn't really interest me but I picked up some stuff from the B2G1 sale for my collection (Metroid Prime Hunters for $20 - Edge Discount as part of a B2G1 made me happy)

SI

#167 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:56 AM

Anyone know of any EB/GS in or around KC that still stocks stuff pre-PS2/NGC/XBX? I've been wanting to try and get in on the PSX/DC/N64 sale going on these days and backfill my collection

SI

#168 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:12 AM

The EB in Independence still had some older stuff a few weeks ago.
Posted Image

#169 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:20 AM

Anyone know of any EB/GS in or around KC that still stocks stuff pre-PS2/NGC/XBX? I've been wanting to try and get in on the PSX/DC/N64 sale going on these days and backfill my collection

SI

The last places I saw some of the older stuff (NES, SNES, DC, PS1, etc... ) was Vintage Stock in Liberty (I've heard they rape you with their prices) and Gameco out at the Great Mall. Not sure how Gameco is on their pricing. Last time I was at both places I really didn't pay too much attention to the prices on the older stuff.

#170 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:07 AM

I was at the Wal-Mart in Gladstone this evening (24 hrs off of 64th st & Old Antioch Rd across from Hy-Vee). In the clearance isle they had Sony brand PSP AC Adapters for $15.00 (reg $33.00). Nothing else worth mentioning.

#171 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

The last places I saw some of the older stuff (NES, SNES, DC, PS1, etc... ) was Vintage Stock in Liberty (I've heard they rape you with their prices) and Gameco out at the Great Mall. Not sure how Gameco is on their pricing. Last time I was at both places I really didn't pay too much attention to the prices on the older stuff.

There's a good game place as far as selection in downtown Lawrence called Game Nut that has all sorts of older systems but you pay through the nose to get it. That's why I was looking for an EB or GS since they've got this sale going on, in theory.

SI

#172 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:19 PM

I've noticed in another thread that TRUs accross the country have been receiving Wii units today. I stopped by the TRU of of 95th and Quivera this morning at 11:00AM and nothing. Anyone else visit the TRUs in the KC area and find Wii units?

#173 bstan21

bstan21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

I heard two Independence tru employees talking yesterday while I was looking at games say they were getting they thought Wii and PS3 on Friday. Don't count me as 100% because I am not interested in buying, so I wasn't all ears, but that is what I heard.

#174 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

I heard two Independence tru employees talking yesterday while I was looking at games say they were getting they thought Wii and PS3 on Friday. Don't count me as 100% because I am not interested in buying, so I wasn't all ears, but that is what I heard.

Thanks for the info. Everything I read was TRU was supposed to get them tomorrow but other people are reporting the systems arriving and being sold today.

#175 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

OH and just an FYI for any KC area Wii owners. The BB on 95th and Quivera had a large stock of nunchucks and Wiimotes this morning. Thought I would pass it along to anyone interested.

#176 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:10 PM

Bump

Any news over Christmas or was everyone else out of town, too?

SI

#177 Chitown021

Chitown021

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:29 AM

I hit up several stores up north including the TRU by Metro North Mall during my Wii run but didn't find anything worth noting.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#178 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:58 AM

Haven't had much time lately to check but did hit up a couple of places in OP today.

The KMart at 95th and Metcalf continues to underwhelm. They had some clearance games but it was a handful, maybe 10. They've put out a display of GH level games- $15 and $20 stuff but at this point in the generation, there's not much great about that price.

I stopped at the TRU by Oak Park Mall and they didn't have Castlevania :( However, they did have one copy of Metroid Pinball for anyone who doesn't have it yet and a lot of copies of Resident Evil DS.

SI

#179 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:15 AM

I've been thinking about RE DS. Do you have any opinion on it?

Haven't had much time lately to check but did hit up a couple of places in OP today.

The KMart at 95th and Metcalf continues to underwhelm. They had some clearance games but it was a handful, maybe 10. They've put out a display of GH level games- $15 and $20 stuff but at this point in the generation, there's not much great about that price.

I stopped at the TRU by Oak Park Mall and they didn't have Castlevania :( However, they did have one copy of Metroid Pinball for anyone who doesn't have it yet and a lot of copies of Resident Evil DS.

SI

#180 OzCatter

OzCatter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:33 AM

6 PS3's this evening in the Blue Springs Walmart

Still a bunch in the Independence Best Buy

And one 60 GB at the North 7 HW Blockbuster, which they dont expect to sell soon
Posted Image