Photo
- - - - -

Thief: Deadly Shadows (XBX) $19.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 hoshi

hoshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:00 AM

The first time I asked CC if they took competitor's coupons, I think I got the store manager (or one of the managers). He asked to see the coupon and then said "sure" before walking off. It didn't seem like a big deal to him, as he didn't have to instruct a cashier on what to do or anything. I left to get Mario Golf off of the shelves and returned to the customer service desk. I handed the person behind the counter the BB GGC coupon, and her rejected it, despite standing right next to the manager I asked just moments before. I had to remind him "Hey, the guy I was talking to a moment ago said you took these..." Then, everything went through fine.

When I went in this afternoon for Thief, I just asked "Do you still take competitor's coupons?" And, the girl at the register nodded and pushed everything through for me for $18.49. She had to type in a lot of crap to get it done, though. That's probably why so many people on here get stonewalled.

-Hoshi

#92 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:49 AM

I went to Circuit City today and had success using the coupon. The manager on duty said they don't usually take other store coupons but I guess she made an exception for me.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#93 Dustin Echoes

Dustin Echoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:11 AM

Worked for me today, no problems! Came to 18.50
Master Chief: Did anyone else make it?

Cortana: Scanning...just Dustin Echoes...

#94 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:29 AM

Mine should have been at that price too I think but I didn't remind them about the 10% PM. I was kinda glad they took the coupon and PM a bunch of $4.99 Best Buy games to risk pissing them off.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#95 s0undwav3

s0undwav3

Report Lazerbeak!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

Umm my Circuit City in Fairfax, VA takes competitor coupons and I got this game for $19.99, all I had to do was ask the store manager and tell him that Target was out of stock and I would have just bought it there. He took it without hesitation. My circuit city also accepts the Best Buy Gamer Card every time. It's soo good to live near a good CC. This was also one of those where I could pick up soo many .01 games - especially the Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds bundle that I sold on ebay (15 copies) each over $25 bucks.
- S0uNdWaV3

#96 Ryuisking

Ryuisking

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:58 PM

I'll try it next week I done bought 4 this week :?

#97 hosewater2

hosewater2

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

What are the odds CC will even have this in stock? Maybe its just my store but anytime a game is on ad they are guaranteed (i.e. 100% of the time) out of stock. And I don't do raincheques.

#98 mrg

mrg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:17 PM

Just left Circuit City here in Tulsa, OK 10 minutes ago and they would NOT take the coupon. Had them ask the manager and he said no, and they never have.

For those that had it work, good for you, but it will not work for everyone. Worth a try I guess. But I would call before I drive over there.
Gaming is a great stress reliever. It better be for all the darn frustration it creates.

#99 crawlingpeter

crawlingpeter

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:05 PM

wait, you can still get it for $20 this week too? i thought CC only had the $5 off last week.. ?

#100 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:23 PM

You can probably get it got $24.99 this week. Still not a bad deal. I believe the coupon expires June 20th.

#101 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:37 AM

how much is theif 3 now at CC before using the coupon?

#102 optimolife

optimolife

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:11 AM

I don't know why the world keeps turning round and round but I wish it would stop and let me off right now!

#103 Arrogant Blu

Arrogant Blu

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

I tried at my CC (Southlake,GA) and the buttfaces wouldn't honor the coupon. They couldn't get past the fact that it had been printed. I first went to the service desk and the lady kept saying that I must have photocopied the coupon since it was not on "Coupon Paper". I tried to explain to her that the coupon was on the internet and had to be printed. She refused to let me use it so, I went to another guy who was just walking around. I asked him if would do it, he said he had no problem doing it, but he had to check with his boss. Turns out that he ends up talking to the same lady and she once again refuses. He said that he would do it, but he'd get in trouble with her. He said it was stupid for them not to take since the game was going to be cheap in a little while anyway. If you know any other places that sell the game for cheap and will take the coupon please tell me.

#104 epsilonomega

epsilonomega

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:08 PM

Sweet deal, I'll pick it sometime this week.

#105 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:55 AM

Picked mine up last week from the CC store in Eastgate Ohio. The lady that rung me up was nice enough, but she wouldnt take the coupon off the sale price of $34.99...but she DID accept the $15 off coupon against the normal price of $39.99 and gave me the extra 10% off so it came up to like $23 something. I was going to argue a bit more about it, but figured it was still a great deal and to drive to the next nearest CC store would have cost me the difference in gas.