Thief: Deadly Shadows (XBX) $19.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ikill2game

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
ok, i know this deal is mentioned in the $5-$20 off circuit city thread, but alot of people might overlook it since it is such a small part of that huge thread, so i'm making a separate post about it.

THE FACTS:

- this week circuit city has thief on sale for $34.99.

- circuit city accepts competitor's coupons.

- target has an online coupon for $15 off thief for xbox that you can print out.

THE PLAN:

- print out this coupon

- take it to circuit city

- get a copy of thief (for xbox)

- take it to the service desk

- hand them the game and the coupon.

then you should be walking out of there with a copy of thief: deadly shadows for xbox for only $19.99 + tax (just like i did last night)!

OF course it won't work. If you wanted to work would you take up being a thief? You do crime to avoid honest labor that might be described as work.

[quote name='legion_stxds']But will it work?[/quote]

[quote name='ikill2game']then you should be walking out of there with a copy of thief: deadly shadows for xbox for only $19.99 + tax (just like i did last night)![/quote]

Apparently.

[quote name='legion_stxds']No... does circuit city really honor other retailer's coupons?[/quote] :roll: He just said they did.

Yes Circuit City accepts other retailer's coupons's. I don't know what is up some of the posters *** in this topic, but if you don't have anything good to say about a deal, don't say anything at all. Where are all of the deal's that these guys posted?? So don't criticize someone elses.

This is indeed a good (maybe great depending on how much you want this game) deal on a pretty much brand new game.

My CC sucks about matching competitors coupons. I took one in, and was told no, they would only use the coupon off the regular price. BASTARDS!

[quote name='legion_stxds']No... does circuit city really honor other retailer's coupons?[/quote]

i read about them honoring competitor's coupons a long time ago over on vgtalk.com. one of the members there said he worked for circuit city and that it was store policy to accept competitor's coupons. so i decided to try it out for myself:

circuit city had (and still has) gladiator: sword of vengeance for xbox for $19.99, so i brought in one of those best buy coupons that come with the gamer's gift card. the coupon is good for $5 off any video game or video game accessory priced $19.99 or more. i brought the game and the coupon up to the service desk and it worked like a charm.

since then i have used about 8 of those $5 best buy coupons at 2 different circuit cities and i've used this $15 thief coupon. if they would have had more than one copy of thief i would have used even more of them and sold the extras to you guys.

i've even used the $5 best buy coupons when price-matching, for instance fry's had futurama for xbox regularly priced $19.99, but fry's doesn't accept competitor's coupons so i wanted to try circuit city to get an extra $5 off. my local circuit city didn't have any in stock, but the one over in arlington (20 mins away) did.

i drove over there, got the game off the shelf, brought it to customer service, told them that fry's had it for $19.99. they called fry's to verify, then rang it up. i then handed her a $5 best buy coupon. she told me they didn't take those, but i already knew they did from using them at my local circuit city, so i told her that they do. she went and asked a manager and he said that they did. futurama xbox was mine for $14.99 + tax!

[quote name='legion_stxds']Well... Target's price point is $49.99 - $15 off coupon = 34.99 which is what circuit city is selling Thief for. I was under the impression that they would just meet their competition's prices. Dunno could be wrong... but hey!?[/quote]

if this was a pricematch deal, then you would be correct, but it is not. it is a competitor's coupon deal. the coupon clearly says $15 off of thief for xbox. circuit city has thief for $34.99. since they accept competitor's coupons and and the coupon says $15 off of thief for xbox, then they don't have much choice.

now if the coupon said $15 off of the normal price of $49.99, i could see why you would say that, but it doesn't, it just says $15 off.

furthermore, since myself and several others on this site HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS!!!! i really can't see why in the hell you are being so INCREDIBLY skeptical!

if you're really that much of a chickenshit, just come to terms with yourself and stop spreading your seeds of doubt among the others here.

[quote name='BigNick']My CC sucks about matching competitors coupons. I took one in, and was told no, they would only use the coupon off the regular price. BASTARDS![/quote]

even if that were the case, you could still get it for $24.99 since the price sticker on the copy i got last night was $39.99. circuit city is having a sale this week, $5 off all video games, that's why it's ringing up $34.99.

just take the coupon in and try, if they say they can only do it off the regular price, say ok, give me $15 off the regular $39.99 price.

Wow.... would have never thought you would be so emotional over this. LOL Anyway... I have to drive about an hour to go an try this where I live and at the current price of gas that gets expensive so I was curious as to wether it would work. Moreover, the game has a major bug... and that is reason to consider whether or not I should buy it at a higher price. So cut me some slack and please don't think I'm attacking you... cuz in the original post you never said you had already tried it.

[quote name='legion_stxds']Wow.... would have never thought you would be so emotional over this. LOL Anyway... I have to drive about an hour to go an try this where I live and at the current price of gas that gets expensive so I was curious as to wether it would work. Moreover, the game has a major bug... and that is reason to consider whether or not I should buy it at a higher price. So cut me some slack and please don't think I'm attacking you... cuz in the original post you never said you had already tried it.[/quote]

yeah, i wouldn't do it if i had to drive an hour. but i did say that i had tried it in the original post, you just need to read harder. i did it last night with no complications at all, but my local circuit city is pretty cool like that.

Wait, I'm totally confused right now...

So are you saying now that Thief: Deadly Shadows (XB) has officially dropped to $20 storewide? Including Best Buy/EB/Gamestop?

Jeremy

[quote name='JasonTerminator']WTF, that thread says it's the PC version, and the coupon is for X-Box.

How the shaq-fu did that work out? And the PC version isn't on sale in my ad either.[/quote]

no no, you are looking in the best buy section under PC games. find the circuit city section (in the very first post of that thread), then look at the ps2, xbox, and gc sections under circuit city. notice the very first thing listed in each one of those sections is "Save $5-$20 on all games!". well, circuit city's normal price on thief for xbox is $39.99, so $5 off is $34.99.

[quote name='jrutz']Wait, I'm totally confused right now...

So are you saying now that Thief: Deadly Shadows (XB) has officially dropped to $20 storewide? Including Best Buy/EB/Gamestop?

Jeremy[/quote]

that would be some kind of awesome! $15 off $19.99... the thought of it is making me all hot & bothered!

I now see why there are always those reading comprehension portions on standardized tests. I can't read this thread without cracking up.

[quote name='jmon22']Yes Circuit City accepts other retailer's coupons's. I don't know what is up some of the posters *** in this topic, but if you don't have anything good to say about a deal, don't say anything at all. Where are all of the deal's that these guys posted?? So don't criticize someone elses.

This is indeed a good (maybe great depending on how much you want this game) deal on a pretty much brand new game.[/quote]

You need to re-reead that sequence of posts, reflect on the name of the game in question and try to consider the context. You can also try this with those movies and TV shows labeled 'Comedy.' You'll find they're much more interesting that way.

Yeah I understand what he was meaning now that he edited it, but before it sounded like he was just being a nuisance. Sorry for anyone that received any unkind words from me for no apparent reason.

[quote name='optimolife']But is the game worth it?? Have you played Chronicles of Riddick? is it anything like that ?[/quote]

i imagine it is worth $19.99. it got an 80% review at $49.99. i have chronicles of riddick and am currently playing it. i haven't played this new thief yet, but i did play the original thief many years ago and it was one of my favorite games back then.

it's not easy to compare it to riddick since the games are so different, but here's some similarities and differences.

in riddick you are trying to sneak out of a place (prison to be exact). in thief you are trying to sneak into places (several) to relieve them of all the valuables.

you are encouraged in both games to hide the bodies of your victims in the dark so you don't get found out.

you do alot of hiding in the dark in both games, waiting for the oppotune moment to strike.

it is similar to riddick in the level where you are trying to sneak into the mainframe to get to the dna encoder. after that it gets very different, however. thief is set in medieval times, so there are no guns. once you get the guns in riddick, you don't have to worry about sneaking as much.

I went yesterday and tried to do this and was not able to do it. A friend went yesterday to a different CC and was able to get it for $18 and some change ($34.99 - $15.00 + 10% off). My mistake was asking. I went the first time and asked them if they match. I went today and TOLD them that I had a price match. She took the coupon, subtracted and and I was off with Thief for about $22 after tax.

This is great for friendly CC's. The CC's near me would never allow it. They'd just say that it can't be done on sale items. Unless there's something to the contrary in writing the store manager can just say whatever they want....

I can verify this today, as I was able to pick up Theif 3 for $19.99 at my local circuit city via the competitors coupon price match.

[quote name='jmon22']Yes Circuit City accepts other retailer's coupons's.[/quote]

Unless coporate policy changed drastically in the last year and a half, it isn't common practice to accept competitor's coupons. When I worked customer service in a CC, it was prices only, and only when competitors had it in stock. Coupons were turned away. It could be that you happen to have CC's where employees/managers don't give a shit and just take it and adjust prices anyway - I do know that since I left they stopped requiring managerial consent to every price match.

[quote name='alongx']Unless coporate policy changed drastically in the last year and a half, it isn't common practice to accept competitor's coupons. When I worked customer service in a CC, it was prices only, and only when competitors had it in stock. Coupons were turned away. It could be that you happen to have CC's where employees/managers don't give a shit and just take it and adjust prices anyway - I do know that since I left they stopped requiring managerial consent to every price match.[/quote]

well, there are 2 members on vgtalk that are both emplyees of circuit city and both of them have said that it is store policy to accept competitor's coupons. furthermore, i have tried it at 2 circuit cities near me and the managers at both stores said that they do infact accept competitor's coupons when the customer service people went and asked them if they were supposed to take the coupon or not.

likewise, i have read on here that some people have tried using competitor's coupons at their circuit cities and have been turned down. that is sad. atleast there are quite a few people responding to this thead saying that they have been able to do it.

I JUST TRIED THIS AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY

And you do not have to go to the service desk. Also, while you are there look for games on sale - every game is at least $5 off the sticker price until June 12th!!!

I got lots of 19.99 games for 14.99, I got Riddick for 44.99, I got Thief (with the coupon) for 19.99 and I got 2 9.99 games for 4.99 (including Um Jammer Lammy) - works on PC games too!

Finally CC has some deals going - I havent darkened their doors in a long time!

Check it out before Fat wallet bastards pick this deal up!

Is there a written policy about CC accepting competitor coupons? I need some verification on this so i dont get screwed tomorrow.

That's really great that somebody knows two random people who work at CC and INSIST that they accept competitor's coupons. However, I've yet to see ANYBODY, ANYWHERE produce this mysterious document detailing this policy. In contrast to the words of these people, I can state for certain that I've been to every Circuit City within 10 miles of San Jose, California, and none of them has been willing to take a competitor's coupon. This is a good deal if your CC will, but let's be real here. I think it's fair to say that this is definitely YMMV.

bread's done
Back