Any alabama CAGs?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#331 vrblknch

vrblknch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yeah I greatly prefer the Hoover BB as well in regards to getting any sort of deals or price matching.

The Hoover BB would not pricematch the recent Castlevania LOS $19.99 Fry's deal and the 280 store did. The Hoover store shot me down over the phone. The 280 sales rep not only stated they would honor the match, she went on for about five minutes raving about the game and proceeded to tell me what else she was playing. :applause:

#332 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

The Hoover BB would not pricematch the recent Castlevania LOS $19.99 Fry's deal and the 280 store did. The Hoover store shot me down over the phone. The 280 sales rep not only stated they would honor the match, she went on for about five minutes raving about the game and proceeded to tell me what else she was playing. :applause:

Darn, wish I would have tried. I figured since the nearest Fry's is in Georgia (?) that none of the local stores would honor it. Does Best Buy (280 or Hoover or Trussville) usually match Fry's?

#333 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Since when does Best Buy (Birmingham) match Frys?

I'm kind of surprised though. I've always had better luck at the Hoover store. The 280 store always has some random excuse for whatever it is I'm trying to do.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#334 geezer_man

geezer_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

B'ham-cags...just so you know, after reading about 2nd and Charles here, got some
pretty good games deals there. the cashier asked how I heard about their store -
told him CAG! raise your hands guys!
...hasn't killed me yet

Posted Image

#335 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

Went to the 280 Target and Best Buy today. Target had several copies of Iron Man 2 for the Xbox 360 for 4.xx and Best Buy 280 had Tasunoko vs. Capcom for 17.99. It was marked 29.99, but rang up for less. It's in a middle shelf between the games and DVDs in the center of the store.

#336 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:15 AM

Man the 280 target use to have all sorts of stuff on clearance, but now I never see shit lol.

#337 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

So true! - they were really reliable for deals. The clearance items seem to be in the regular section now.

#338 LydieCakes

LydieCakes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

I just wanted all my Auburn CAG friends to know that my heart goes out to you and your trees at Toomers Corner. I may not be a Bama fan but... War Eagle...
and sry for your loss... Rly... =[

#339 djratchet

djratchet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

Just thought I check in. I'm in Helena :P

#340 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Moving to Birmingham (have an apt in Homewood). Just adding the thread here.

Has anyone found SIXSTRING @ Big Lots here?
-Michael

Posted Image

#341 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

Everyone safe from the storm?

Posted Image

#342 scuba t

scuba t

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

By the grace of God, I'm still here. This was without a doubt the scariest time of my life.

#343 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

I thought we had more folks in Tuscaloosa than this, hope all are safe.

I managed to end up between all the bad weather (Pelham) so didn't see really any damage where I live. Although my old roommate in Cahaba Heights had a tree fall on his house among many other things.

Posted Image

#344 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Me and mine are ok. A few co-workers lost everything, and we've been working hard to do what we can to help.

#345 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Guess no one has really seen many deals around lately. Does anyone know if there are any stores that are using some loophole to make any games or accessories (mainly PS3 controllers) tax free this weekend? I know computers are tax free at Best Buy, but I don't need another one.

#346 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:36 AM

I know I'm the lone CAG in Montgomery Area, but has anyone got the Prattville Blockbuster to do the BOGO sale this time around? I'm going to be in Gulf Shores for labor day weekend and hope I wont run into the same problem at the Foley Store. Again I know I'm the lone CAG down there too :(

*EDIT* Ended up having to go to the Daphne Blockbuster since the Foley & Fairhope Blockbusters selection sucks. Got my copies of Bulletstorm and Splatterhouse, best part was Bulletstorm still had the online pass in it!

Edited by downsouthtigger, 04 September 2011 - 02:35 AM.
Cuz Im da shit!

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#347 Captain_Insano16

Captain_Insano16

Has a ton of stuff FS/FT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

I know I'm the lone CAG in Montgomery Area, but has anyone got the Prattville Blockbuster to do the BOGO sale this time around? I'm going to be in Gulf Shores for labor day weekend and hope I wont run into the same problem at the Foley Store. Again I know I'm the lone CAG down there too :(

*EDIT* Ended up having to go to the Daphne Blockbuster since the Foley & Fairhope Blockbusters selection sucks. Got my copies of Bulletstorm and Splatterhouse, best part was Bulletstorm still had the online pass in it!

You aren't the only one... I've seen a few others around, but I can't remember who they were on here.

Any Montgomery area CAGs want to go in on a toysRus B2G1 free deal? I'm really only after Batman:AC and would love to get it for $44 (damn Montgomery 10% tax)
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#348 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

I used to post here a while back. Prattville CAG here.
Posted Image

#349 JoeZiggadigga

JoeZiggadigga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Toys R Us at the Summit in Mountain Brook had Final Fantasy XIII2 for the 360 on the shelf today. It was priced at full retail. I did not try to buy it as I have not played the first one, so I don't know if the register will block the sale. Just thought someone might be interested in snagging it a few days early.

#350 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

You aren't the only one... I've seen a few others around, but I can't remember who they were on here.

Any Montgomery area CAGs want to go in on a toysRus B2G1 free deal? I'm really only after Batman:AC and would love to get it for $44 (damn Montgomery 10% tax)

Damn, been almost a year since this post. SO little traffic in the AL CAG thread that I didnt even check for a response.
Im back in Montgomery since we evacuated due to Isaac on the gulf coast down there. So anything good left from this big huge sears sale? I remember no one ever touched Sears here, hoping thats still the case. ;)

downsouthtigger.png         ach.png

#351 wantsumcandi_psn_id

wantsumcandi_psn_id

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Wow...almost a year from the last post which states it's almost been a year from the last post, lol. Decatur CAG here and PS3 gamer. Lived in Auburn from 2005-2010. Back home now. Um....yea. Not much traffic itt....

#352 Riyotous

Riyotous

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Wow...almost a year from the last post which states it's almost been a year from the last post, lol. Decatur CAG here and PS3 gamer. Lived in Auburn from 2005-2010. Back home now. Um....yea. Not much traffic itt....

I live near Cullman, but I work at FavGeek on the Beltline in Decatur (next to T-Mobile). I was just about to post asking if there were still any Alabama CAGs around, since this thread had been dead so long. Good to know there are other CAGs lurking the shadows.

#353 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Although I live in CO now, I think I'll always be an AL CAG. Grew up in Daphne and spent quite a bit of time in B'ham. Still have a lot of friends and family in both cities.
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#354 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Birmingham, AL CAG here...

Posted Image

#355 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

I'm in Mobile. I used to be really active on CAG but kind of slipped out of gaming for a while. I'm back. :)

Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.