Any alabama CAGs?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#31 Skylander7

Skylander7

Accidental Engineer/Beer Snob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:30 PM

For anybody interested, Gitaroo Man is at the Prattville Gamestop. Not my cup of tea, but I thought I'd pass along the info. Could go with the buy2get1 deal if it's still going on

#32 eldad9

eldad9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

Just for the record, can I just say Alabama lawmakers seem insane?

http://www.ledger-en...al/13263580.htm

#33 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:09 PM

Just for the record, can I just say Alabama lawmakers seem insane?

http://www.ledger-en...al/13263580.htm

I really don't care besides the fact that there is way to much shit on the AL license plate to begin with. They should make it a requested add-on, though, like 'Taxation without Representation' in DC.

#34 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:20 PM

I really don't care besides the fact that there is way to much shit on the AL license plate to begin with. They should make it a requested add-on, though, like 'Taxation without Representation' in DC.

Our education system is in the shits, our state is taxed out the ass (for example, tax on booze and the state), our governor is nothing more than a lazy ass figurehead, and our roads are falling apart.. yet our state legislature has time to cook up an idea to put more needless shit on our license plate. People wonder why many college graduates get out of the state as soon as they can...

#35 eldad9

eldad9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:40 PM

I really don't care besides the fact that there is way to much shit on the AL license plate to begin with.

How about people that don't do the god thing? Why should their license plates reflect the beliefs of politicians, rather than their own?

#36 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:40 PM

How about people that don't do the god thing? Why should their license plates reflect the beliefs of politicians, rather than their own?

It's our lazy ass, unrepresentitive, state politicians catering to the majority voting population of the state: senior citizen conservatives and brainwashed followers of the Christian Coalition. It's disgusting

#37 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:26 AM

So, how about a bump? :) Any of y'all planning to buy the Wii at Toys R Us across from the Galleria?

#38 xnonfactor

xnonfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

Anybody in Dothan planning to camp out for the PS3? Would like a fellow CAG to keep me company. Give me a shout.

#39 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:30 PM

We Alabama CAGs are too spread out across the state, haha.

Too few of us live near any of the others. One up in Huntsville, one over in Auburn, xnonfactor down in Dothan, me over in Birmingham, etc.

#40 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:04 PM

We Alabama CAGs are too spread out across the state, haha.

Too few of us live near any of the others. One up in Huntsville, one over in Auburn, xnonfactor down in Dothan, me over in Birmingham, etc.

Yeah, but there are a ton of lurkers, at least for Montgomery. My younger brother is one of them. Argyle lives in Montgomery, as do I.. and I think I've seen another 2 or 3 from around here post. Munch is about 45 minutes away, and hits Prattville Kmart alot (where I'm from for the most part, about 10 minutes north of Montgomery). I'm a little surprised to see a couple of Dothan CAG's.. I bet getting CC/Kmart deals down there is a cinch considering the population for the area.

That reminds me.. I need to update my Cheapass Glorious $2 carton of Camels at Entec thread.. I have a couple more stories to share. However.. my g/f got shot down attempting to snag one of the cartons last night :)

#41 jah2004

jah2004

War Damn Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:29 AM

Prattville/Montgomery representin'.
Currently Playing:
:wii:Kirby's Epic Yarn

Last Completed:
:wii:Metroid Other M, Super Mario Galaxy

#42 Captain_Insano16

Captain_Insano16

Has a ton of stuff FS/FT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

For any Montgomery Area CAGs that are interested - the Oliver Creek EBGames has a Wii Kiosk setup with Excite Truck playable.
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#43 NekoTsukimi

NekoTsukimi

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:23 AM

I'm probably happily way too late for the activity in this thread... But I'm from Montgomery...

That's it. Just peeking in.
- Neko-chan

#44 red_devil3

red_devil3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:27 AM

UAB student here. Not actually Alabamian. Not even American. But that still counts right?

#45 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

Cool, I'm a UAB student too. Nice to see another one here.

#46 McWhoopass

McWhoopass

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:10 PM

Tuscaloosa here. Its hard to be a CAG in this town. There's really no place to go for good deals. Thank god for the internets.

#47 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

Tuscaloosa here. Its hard to be a CAG in this town. There's really no place to go for good deals. Thank god for the internets.

Did you ever check the K-Mart? I got 2 Zelda Four Swords there and 2 Tom Clancy Triple Packs.

And I hate hate hate Tuscaloosa. One of the ugliest places in Alabama. It's a shame I'm going there this weekend to watch Alabama beat Auburn. Especially if they play how they did on Saturday. My boys need to start playing to their potential.

#48 McWhoopass

McWhoopass

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:13 PM

No I have not checked the K-mart. Thanks! Is it the one on Skyland (near the theater) or the one in Northport? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check both, seeing as how Tuscaloosa isn't a sprawling metropolis that takes hours to maneuver through.

As for the Iron Bowl, I wouldn't worry too much about Alabama. Under the Shula regime we've f'ed up in just about every way except running to the wrong endzone but hey the season isn't quite over.:applause:

Thanks for the tip!

#49 FrOsT-E

FrOsT-E

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:41 AM

Auburn here. Don't believe anything a barner fan tells you. It really is a cow town. Can't wait for the game this week. I'll be in the stands at BDS as a season ticket holder yelling at the top of my lungs for the Crimson Tide of Alabama. RTR

#50 McWhoopass

McWhoopass

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

Munch-- Thanks for the K-mart tip. I used the list found here:

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=93304

and got some great deals. Mostly on GBA games but there were some great buys. I got Zelda: Minish Cap for $7 and Final Fantasy I & II for $8

Thanks!!

#51 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:49 PM

I haven't checked the Prattville Kmart lately.. maybe I should. Hell, I haven't stopped by to see the parents since they took me out to Mexico Tipico. As with any Mexican restaurant in Prattvegas, the gas prices are always low ;)

Hell.. I'm willing to bet they STILL have Wavebirds left. I

#52 mad_taffer

mad_taffer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

Birmingham, AL here.
I hit the Toys R Us and Circuit City quite frequently.
Picked up Gunstar Super Heroes today at BB for $9.

#53 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:47 PM

Prattville right here. Also an AUM student too. Skylander, I don't think you are missing much from K-Mart, I went there about 3 weeks ago and did not find much of anything worth getting. They suck at updating price drops and clearances.
Posted Image

#54 Psykoboy2

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:12 AM

Prattville/Montgomery here...

#55 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:31 PM

No I have not checked the K-mart. Thanks! Is it the one on Skyland (near the theater) or the one in Northport? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check both, seeing as how Tuscaloosa isn't a sprawling metropolis that takes hours to maneuver through.

As for the Iron Bowl, I wouldn't worry too much about Alabama. Under the Shula regime we've f'ed up in just about every way except running to the wrong endzone but hey the season isn't quite over.:applause:

Thanks for the tip!

I'm glad I could help. Which K-mart did you go to? I didn't even know there was one on Skyland, I always went to the one in Northport.

#56 McWhoopass

McWhoopass

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:38 PM

I'm glad I could help. Which K-mart did you go to? I didn't even know there was one on Skyland, I always went to the one in Northport.

The one in Northport is far nicer...as far as Kmarts go. I haven't had a chance to check out the games in the one on Skyland. Actually, I had thought they'd shut down some time ago but they're still hanging on.

Oh and I also got "Sprung" for the DS for $2.00--God help me for admitting that in public but, hey for two bucks I play just about anything.

#57 Psykoboy2

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:47 PM

In case you may or may not be wondering, you can hear me on local radio in town. I do nights on the country station - 98.9....shameless plug.

#58 NekoTsukimi

NekoTsukimi

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:07 PM

I haven't listened to 98.9 since it went country ;_;

But I might listen out just for the heck of it :D
- Neko-chan

#59 wll1142

wll1142

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:26 PM

Walmart in Birmingham on Academy Drive (Bessemer area) has Wii-Mote's, Nunchucks and classic controllers.

Just thought I'd pass it on since I just picked up a nunchuk from there. No consoles until December the first.....or so they say

#60 Psykoboy2

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:48 PM

I haven't listened to 98.9 since it went country ;_;

But I might listen out just for the heck of it :D

Yeah, not that we were awesome as a Top 40 station back in the star days, but trust me, I'm right there with you. I got carried over as a jock from top 40 to the country side.