Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Any alabama CAGs?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#61 NekoTsukimi

NekoTsukimi

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, not that we were awesome as a Top 40 station back in the star days, but trust me, I'm right there with you. I got carried over as a jock from top 40 to the country side.

Well then, that must means I probably have heard you before. Ahhh, it's such a small world~
- Neko-chan

#62 Skylander7

Skylander7

Accidental Engineer/Beer Snob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:07 AM

Walmart in Birmingham on Academy Drive (Bessemer area) has Wii-Mote's, Nunchucks and classic controllers.

Just thought I'd pass it on since I just picked up a nunchuk from there. No consoles until December the first.....or so they say

Damn, that'd be one hell of a drive for me. It's good to hear that some Walmarts around the state do have some in stock. At the end of the week, I'm going to hit a few rural ones to see what I can find.

#63 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

So did you Birmingham guys that had trouble last week find any success today?

I figure the 280 Target and the Trussville Target would have been the best bets.

#64 red_devil3

red_devil3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:46 PM

I went to the Circuit city near the Galleria on Sunday morning and there were already more than 40 people in line...and they had 30 units.

Walmart is getting at least 3 tomorrow but that's too less...plus I have other stuff to do so I cant be there.

And it seems as if CC/BB/Target aren't getting any Wii's this weekend...I am ANGRY!! :bomb:

#65 mad_taffer

mad_taffer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:10 PM

Wal Mart in Bessemer (Academy Drive) got in 9 Wii systems and of course they were all gone this morning. They still don't have any Wii remotes or nunchuks though.

Is there anywhere in the Birmingham area that has either of these? I've been looking since launch for an extra pair.

MT

Also Gamestop on John Hawkins Parkway is supposed to get in Wii's and PS3's this weekend. The PS3's to offset the people that don't get a Wii. Who is winning the console war?

#66 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:07 AM

There were wii motes and nunchuks at the wal mart in opelika this evening. I got a nunchuk.

#67 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:27 AM

Best Buy in Montgomery has Wii component cables! It made my shitty trip to Olive Garden tonight forgettable :)

#68 Psykoboy2

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:36 PM

Good deal....cept I bought mine from Nintendo and got them in a little over a week ago.

#69 Psykoboy2

Psykoboy2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

By the way...any locals here interested in buying a PS3 and Resistance?

I'm selling mine at cost, so it's about $715....figured I would offer it here before I throw it to the wolves on eBay.

#70 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

Went to TRU today and could not find anything worthwhile. I was going to get the replacement PSP batteries I saw there a few weeks ago for 7 bucks but those were all gone. I finally did decide to pick up the old 3 Month Xbox Live starter kit. Only 5 bucks so if I wanna screw with some people on Xbox Live I always could make a new account, or I'll probably just add it to the existing year I already have left. Also picked up Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath on Xbox for $5.20. Got too lazy to go to Rhyno's, maybe tomorrow after work.
Posted Image

#71 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:38 PM

I posted this in another thread, but I'm pasting it here since it's a local story. Check it out:

Funny story though involving northerners coming to rob someone in the south. Last week, a local EBGames was robbed of ALL of their 360 consoles (EB on Atlanta Hwy). It was in the paper and everything.. but I know the manager there. Here's how it went down.

Two guys show up to the shop. Before anything, one pulls a car around back to the back door of the store. Then, they smoke a blunt in front of the store. Afterwards, both enter the shop. One goes towards the back of the store, and the other starts to trade in two PS3 games that were still sealed (likely stolen). The trader presents his NY state drivers license, and provides ALL of his information to the employee (and the pic in the license matched).

In the middle of the trade, the other person opens the door to the back area of the store.. jams open the door to the alley.. and proceeds to toss all of the 360's back there into his trunk. Another employee tried to stop them, but the thief starts to break out a pistol.. and the employee says "whoah man, just take the shit." They don't go for the register or anything.. just take the systems. Afterwards, they bolt out the door and leave.

I think they've busted the guys since they got one of their DL's and personal info. They had a NY tag too on the vehicle. I haven't been back into the store to get the rest of the story yet, but it's pretty funny (at least nobody got hurt, as Montgomery is getting pretty bad about shootings). If you're going to steal something from a game store.. don't use the actual driver's license to trade beforehand.

#72 Captain_Insano16

Captain_Insano16

Has a ton of stuff FS/FT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:37 AM

When did that happen? What days paper was it in? If my inlaws still have the paper, I'll have to check it out (or just ask Cleve about it next time i go by there). We never got robbed back when I worked at EB at the mall. Surprising, since it was Montgomery Mall......

Anyone manage to get a GC copy of Twilight Princess?
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#73 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2006 - 11:23 PM

The Target in Opelika had a crapload of Wiimotes and Nunchuks. They filled the shelves and had some left over. Godspeed!

#74 xnonfactor

xnonfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:48 PM

Walked into Gamestop in Dothan on my lunch break. Manager had just gotten in a shipment of PS3's. I had gotten mine from a pre-order. If anyone is looking for one you better act fast.....

#75 wll1142

wll1142

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

There was 1 Wii left at EB Games off Hwy 280 in Birmingham. I grabbed one earlier

#76 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

If there are any Tuscaloosa CAGs, the TRU there has a few Odamas and Gunstar Heroes. They had a lot of clearance games there. Worth checking out.

I also grabbed Polarium, Zoo Keeper, Advanced Wars, and Super Swing Golf from the K-Mart on Northport. I think i'm trading AW and Zoo Keeper, though. If anyone can get Indigo Prophecy for the PS2 I'd appreciate it!

#77 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:37 AM

Hey neighbors. Just wanted to say I drove to Alabama yesterday (bored and wanted to see if your Kmarts had anything worth while). Pell City is a sweet little town. Nice and quiet. =)
gwensigol8.png

#78 CrashMog

CrashMog

I'ma gonna win!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

One of the few Tuscaloosa CAGs here.

And yeah, it's pretty bare here, though that decrepit K-Mart on Skyland has an occasional lucky find, as was pointed out earlier. Hell, they still have a couple of the K-Mart exclusive Metroid Prime/Wavebird pack for $20 or so. And they're the only place in town that I've seen any Wii peripherals aside from the steering wheel. One Wiimote and two nunchuks on Friday.

Now back to bouncing all over town trying to find a Wii. ;_;

And thanks for the TRU tip, munch; I may get over there tonight and see if anything's left.

#79 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

One of the few Tuscaloosa CAGs here.

And yeah, it's pretty bare here, though that decrepit K-Mart on Skyland has an occasional lucky find, as was pointed out earlier. Hell, they still have a couple of the K-Mart exclusive Metroid Prime/Wavebird pack for $20 or so. And they're the only place in town that I've seen any Wii peripherals aside from the steering wheel. One Wiimote and two nunchuks on Friday.

Now back to bouncing all over town trying to find a Wii. ;_;

And thanks for the TRU tip, munch; I may get over there tonight and see if anything's left.

They sold you those bundles for $20? I had some kid who would only sell them to me for $35. They should be, or were, $7. I didn't really need them so I passed. If you're looking for a PSone screen they have a crap load of them underneath one of the cd racks. They had a PSone/screen combo, but someone grabbed. Again, the kid would only sell it to me for like $60 when they should have been like $12.

The guy with the mustache will hook you up. Any game that doesn't ring up in the system will be $3 in his book. Pretty nice.

#80 CrashMog

CrashMog

I'ma gonna win!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:28 PM

They sold you those bundles for $20? I had some kid who would only sell them to me for $35. They should be, or were, $7. I didn't really need them so I passed. If you're looking for a PSone screen they have a crap load of them underneath one of the cd racks. They had a PSone/screen combo, but someone grabbed. Again, the kid would only sell it to me for like $60 when they should have been like $12.

The guy with the mustache will hook you up. Any game that doesn't ring up in the system will be $3 in his book. Pretty nice.

Yep, it was $20... I'd seen the clearance thread with $7, but it rang up at $19.99 and I'd been trying to find a flipping associate for so long that I just didn't feel like haggling over it. Just picked up one that night, I'm pretty sure there're at least two left there. Or there were on Friday night, at least.

I'll probably head over there tonight after work and see what I can find. Is the screen only compatible with PSone?

#81 withe011

withe011

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:18 AM

UA student in Tuscaloosa here! I can't seem to find any CA Deals here in T-town. I've been to K-Mart (Northport) but only found lazy employees and no good deals. I'm looking for Xbox 360 deals, so if you know of something keep me informed.

#82 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

This is not game-related, but to any CAGs in Birmingham, the OfficeMax across from Century Plaza (near the former Eastwood Mall, and immediately beside TJ Maxx and Big Lots) is going out of business on Sunday and have had some pretty great deals coming out from the back to the floor at random over the past week or so.

I picked up a great iPod dock clock radio, saw it at Target for $80, for only $12. Got an awesome leather binder/organizer that retails at $50 for $10. Grabbed a nice wireless keyboard/mouse combo for $5 and a few other office-related items. I saw a dude get an HP photo printer and an all-in-one unit (printer, scanner, fax) for a combined $35. They had digital camera display units for sale yesterday, but I'm broke so I passed.

Might want to check 'em out, though...might come across a nice bargain.

#83 withe011

withe011

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

If anyone cares, Wal-Mart in Northport, AL currently has a buggy full of Gameboy Color games NIB. Strangly, they also had Madden 2002 for the N64.

#84 thunderclap8

thunderclap8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hey, relatively new CAG here. I'm in Huntsville.

#85 InsolenceAndHeresy

InsolenceAndHeresy

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

ROLL TIDE BITCHES!

I used to live in Tuscaloosa.

#86 megasupa

megasupa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:28 AM

Im from madison

#87 munch