354 replies to this topic

#91 Captain_Insano16

Captain_Insano16

Has a ton of stuff FS/FT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:00 AM

Montgomery-ish (Wetumpka)
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#92 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:09 AM

Wow, we actually have some action in the bama thread. Prattville here.
Posted Image

#93 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

War eagle. :)

I'm a CAG in Birmingham, I'm quite surprised to see others here in town. I've been at the site for a while, but never posted so I figure it's probably about time. I'm looking to pick up a PS2 if anyone has one (or knows where I can get one).

If you're interested, the Sears at the Galleria has a couple of games in the clearance bin. They also had 2 gamecubes in the clearance bin (unmarked).

#94 nuugatman

nuugatman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:13 AM

Birmingham here, although I'm originally from Mobile. I just got a job at First American Bank, and I started UAB part-time. My wife works at UAB so they pay for me to go to school!

#95 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

I'm just trying to breathe some life in this thread. TRU in Montgomery has Lumines 2 for the PSP for 9.99. There are some more assorted PSP clearance games but nothing that you probably would want to jump on for $19.99. Also, where is everyone going ot be at for the Halo 3 launch?
Posted Image

#96 Oops! I did it again.

Oops! I did it again.

The Circus era is HERE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

If you're interested, the Sears at the Galleria has a couple of games in the clearance bin. They also had 2 gamecubes in the clearance bin (unmarked).

Random addition to the thread: the Sears at Century Plaza is still as useless as ever for games, haha.

I remember back when it was one of the best spots to get cheap below-MSRP gaming stuff, before they pretty much exclusively phased out gaming - since the mall was already dying by that point anyway, and not many folks shopped there.

Been there lately, BTW? Total ghost town. Sears is the only anchor left, and they're BARELY there...

#97 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:57 PM

Random addition to the thread: the Sears at Century Plaza is still as useless as ever for games, haha.

I remember back when it was one of the best spots to get cheap below-MSRP gaming stuff, before they pretty much exclusively phased out gaming - since the mall was already dying by that point anyway, and not many folks shopped there.

Been there lately, BTW? Total ghost town. Sears is the only anchor left, and they're BARELY there...

Yeah, I remember going there as a kid (we used to live in Irondale). It was awesome, we'd always get to hang out at the pet shop and go get a pretzel at some pretzel store. I went there 6 months ago to the JC Penney's going out of business sale, and could not believe how empty the place was. It shouldn't be too long before nothing is left, especially considering the growth of Trussville.

#98 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:03 PM

Talladega,Al here.

#99 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

From Mobile!

#100 NekoTsukimi

NekoTsukimi

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

Wow, some activity. Been a long time :D
- Neko-chan

#101 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:49 AM

Wow, some activity. Been a long time :D

You're not missing much. There is never much conversatition going on around here.
Posted Image

#102 Skylander7

Skylander7

Accidental Engineer/Beer Snob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more CAG's in Montgomery than Bham?

#103 NekoTsukimi

NekoTsukimi

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more CAG's in Montgomery than Bham?

Seems like it... Even though it's mostly crickets...
- Neko-chan

#104 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

Since I was listening to the 1up podcast in retrospect, did anyone find any good Black Friday deals or just see some weird shit on that day?
Posted Image

#105 neoMAX

neoMAX

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

Rawr.

#106 Papadosh

Papadosh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

Any CAGs in Mobile?

#107 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

Does anyone in the B'ham area know where the Game X Change stores are now? There used to be one on 31, but the last time I dropped by, their lease had run out and they were moving to a new location.

There's supposedly also one out in Trussville, but I couldn't find it when I went out there either.

#108 nyne7lac

nyne7lac

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

^^I think it's one in Hueytown

right across from a Sonic and Pizza hut...you'll see a big Chinese Buffet, but it's next to that I think

#109 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

Does anyone in the B'ham area know where the Game X Change stores are now? There used to be one on 31, but the last time I dropped by, their lease had run out and they were moving to a new location.

There's supposedly also one out in Trussville, but I couldn't find it when I went out there either.

I used to make a few trips to those stores a long time ago. I know one was on Lakeshore (about a mile and a half away from the old Regions Deposit Ops building, next to Regal Cinemas), and the other was in Centerpoint. Haven't seen them in years though. They carried a shitload of old games; that's where I picked up most of my old Saturn titles. They also had some damned good prices on old rare games.

If you find out, post it. Next time I'm in Bham, I'd probably stop by.

#110 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, I've gotten some amazing deals there. FFT black label, mint, $10. Xenogears black label, mint, $15. Not to mention they usually have a pretty good selection of last and last-last gen games.

Unfortunately, the one on Lakeshore shut down years ago, and once the one on Montgomery Hwy. "moved" as well, I haven't been able to find them. I tried calling the Trussville location, but the phone number was disconnected, so I believe it's defunct as well.

The only "local" game shop that I know of right now is Zone 1 out in Chelsea on 280. They do have some older games, but their selection is no where near what Game XChange's was.

Edit: Upon some further research it looks like Replay might still be in business as well. There's supposedly one each in Pelham, Fairfield and Bessemer. I think I may try and scout those out this week.

Edit #2: Found a list of Replay's locations: http://www.replayson...e/locations.php

#111 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

So I tried checking out the Replay near Trussville. Out of business I guess? Pretty much a wasted trip.

Checked out the one in Hueytown, and it was kind of hard to find. I wasn't impressed though, it was no where near as nice as the Lakeshore store used to be. A lot of their prices were about the same as GameStop. You might get a better trade in rate, but it wouldn't be worth driving that far across town over. They did have quite a bit of SNES/NES titles but I didn't really look at those.

The only positive side to the trip was being able to stop by a few pawn shops, but unfortunately I didn't find anything either.

If you pass by the 280/Chelsea area I would recommend stopping by Zone-One Games as their (recent) selection is only slightly better than Replays was, but their prices can be pretty decent. They do usually offer a few more dollars than GameStop on tradeins, but I suppose it is only worth it if you buy something right away or you live nearby.

#112 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

I know that this thing is suffering from being a comatose thread... but I saw Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 used at Movie Gallery in Millbrook for $29.99 for anyone interested. Probably disc only, but might be worth a shot if you're really jonesing for it. They also have a 1600 marketplace card for $39.99 (Movie Gallery pricing is pretty retarded IMHO)

#113 Drizztd9

Drizztd9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:37 AM

Replays sucked...all of em. Their prices were all over the place

#114 cmndrhavok

cmndrhavok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Birmingham CAG represent!

#115 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Booyah! Not many people from B'ham from what I've seen (I'm one of the few I suppose). Mostly Tuscaloosa/Huntsville/Montgomery. If there are some people from Birmingham, they're just not very active. ;)

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#116 Drizztd9

Drizztd9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

Oh yeah....Birmingham here!

#117 Skylander7

Skylander7

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:31 AM

Oh yeah....Birmingham here!

Damn.. looks like the Birmingham CAG population is growing. Hoover CC was always a last resort go-to place for those tough to find clearances ;)

So... who keeps wiping out the Prattville Target? Jesus tapdancing christ, someone keeps buying up the clearance games in bulk. They had about 10 Orange Box PS3 and 6 Lair PS3, but they all disappeared pretty quickly on the same day. I keep hearing stories of some hoarding, but damn... hide a brotha a Crackdown behind the wine rack or something!

I've been way too busy lately to get out, so I haven't noticed anything overly interesting locally. The Prattville Moviestop seems to still be carrying new HD-DVD's for some reason, but no price drops.

#118 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

I wondered the same thing about Target's stuff. I went there one night and picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Folklore. There were about 9 copies left of each. Came back the next night, all wiped out. Crazy stuff...
Posted Image

#119 Captain_Insano16

Captain_Insano16

Has a ton of stuff FS/FT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing... I went by the p'ville target one day during lunch and they had a ton of Orange Boxes and a few Lairs.... went back after work that day and got the last one of each!?! At least they left me one. I wish they would have still had another Ninja Gaiden.
Checkout my FS/FT/Wants list! :bouncy:
Interested in all types of old school games - NES, SEGA, ATARI, TG-16, NEOGEO, ETC
Also want Transformers or Gobots

#120 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:38 PM

Damn.. looks like the Birmingham CAG population is growing. Hoover CC was always a last resort go-to place for those tough to find clearances ;)

So... who keeps wiping out the Prattville Target? Jesus tapdancing christ, someone keeps buying up the clearance games in bulk. They had about 10 Orange Box PS3 and 6 Lair PS3, but they all disappeared pretty quickly on the same day. I keep hearing stories of some hoarding, but damn... hide a brotha a Crackdown behind the wine rack or something!

I've been way too busy lately to get out, so I haven't noticed anything overly interesting locally. The Prattville Moviestop seems to still be carrying new HD-DVD's for some reason, but no price drops.

I've picked up some good deals at the CC across the Galleria. Elite Beat Agents for $10? <3

They're supposedly building another Circuit City down 280 where the Brook Highlands Carmike used to be, so I'll have another store to hit up eventually.

The Target here in Birmingham (280) never really has much. The only deal I've been able to snag there was Rogue Galaxy for $10.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928