488 replies to this topic

#61 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

According to this site:

http://www.risingcon...r/xbox360kiosks

There is a 360 at a Walmart in Phillipsburg (NJ). If you find a 360 at a store near you, please add it to the list.
Posted Image

#62 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:58 PM

There's a 360 demo at the Neptune NJ Walmart, I just got back from playing it.

#63 Prock

Prock

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:01 AM

I live 5 mins from the city with the highest crime rate, Camden! God place is a shit hole. I do all my cheap ass shopping in Deptford, NJ, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and a mall all within 1 min from each other.

LOL how do you think it feels to actually live in Camden

#64 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:23 AM

I actually got lost in Camden trying to drive to my friend's house in Millville. I took a wrong exit and somehow I ended up on a dirt road surrounded by Puerto Ricans(?) on ATVs. They proceeded to drive circles around me and throw shit at my car. I don't think I'll ever be able to live that down.
Posted Image

#65 Prock

Prock

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:28 AM

I actually got lost in Camden trying to drive to my friend's house in Millville. I took a wrong exit and somehow I ended up on a dirt road surrounded by Puerto Ricans(?) on ATVs. They proceeded to drive circles around me and throw shit at my car. I don't think I'll ever be able to live that down.

LOL just everyday life in camden

#66 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:50 PM

I can confirm that the EBgames stores in the Garden State Plaza mall have Xbox 360's. The one on the lower floor had a broken 360, but they said it will be fixed on Monday. The one on the top floor had a working 360 and it looks amazing.
Posted Image

#67 DarienW

DarienW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:34 PM

There's a 360 in the walmart near Cherry Hill Mall on Rt38... there's also a TRU next to it. So it you're going for the B2G1 deal to day, stop by WM to check it out. I tried that Kameo or something game... and I wasn't too impressed.. feels like the old XBox. Personally I'm gonna wait until PS3 to come out and compare the 2.

#68 MrFriday18

MrFriday18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:56 PM

I'm in Mahwah, NJ and the EB in Ramsey does not have a 360
"The guy with the fastest car doesn't always win the race, it's the guy who refuses to lose." Dale Earnhardt

Posted Image

#69 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:26 AM

Anyone here get in on the TRU sale today? If so, post what you got. I unfortunately could not go today as laws in my county prevent TRU to be open. I will probably go on Wednesday and pick up:

Ninja Gaiden Black
Fable
and something else
Posted Image

#70 MP77

MP77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

I ended up hitting the TRU in Wayne today to get in on the sale. I picked up X-Men Legends 2, Shadow of the Colossus, and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. I was thinking of grabbing a set of ~ $20 games as well but didn't see Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Anyone in Northern NJ rember seeing it recently at a TRU? If so where and was it going for $20 or $30?

#71 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:40 AM

I can confirm that the EBgames stores in the Garden State Plaza mall have Xbox 360's. The one on the lower floor had a broken 360, but they said it will be fixed on Monday. The one on the top floor had a working 360 and it looks amazing.

Sweet. I'm going to check that out tomorrow after work. What demo was on it?
Posted Image

#72 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:00 AM

Sweet. I'm going to check that out tomorrow after work. What demo was on it?

I played Call of Duty 2 and Kameo. I assume that there were a few others as well. It was the stand alone kiosk.
Posted Image

#73 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:06 AM

It's always good to find games and other stuff in big stores near places like Camden/Trenton/Ghetto places. Poor people can't afford shit so it won't be sold out. And poor ghetto people don't know shit about rare, valuable, collectibles because they haven't had education on the subjects of our desires. Like fish in a barrel.

#74 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:00 PM

The EBX in the Bridgewater Commons Mall received a XBOX 360 but it's still in the crate until they make space for it by moving out one of the other displays.

#75 sallyballs

sallyballs

Yes...that really is him

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:23 PM

I ended up hitting the TRU in Wayne today to get in on the sale. I picked up X-Men Legends 2, Shadow of the Colossus, and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. I was thinking of grabbing a set of ~ $20 games as well but didn't see Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. Anyone in Northern NJ rember seeing it recently at a TRU? If so where and was it going for $20 or $30?

I haven't seen any SF:AC in any TRU up here in AGES, been looking myself.

Oh yeah, there's an 360 kiosk at the EB in Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth.

#76 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

I saw SF:AC at the Eatontown TRU yesterday, and it was $19.99 according to the shelf tag. I don't know if you'd want to travel all that way for a $20 game, but it's on Route 35 North in Eatontown, next to Borders, Exit 105 on the Garden State Parkway.

They seemed to have a lot of good titles, not too cleaned out by the sale. I wanted Stubbs the Zombie (they hadn't received it yet) and then I was going to two more titles for the buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Plus, it's really hard for me to spend money on Xbox 1 when I can put that money towards Xbox 360 games.

#77 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:57 PM

There is a 360 in the Walmart in Oldbridge NJ

#78 Daddy

Daddy

Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

YEAH JERSEY the arm pit of the country!!!!

west patersonin the hizzy

lol

all stores in totowa suck ass for deals
best buy, tru etc.

if you are from the area you know this already though......

i want to rename rt 46 to the devils backbone by the way...more appropriate

Actually NJ and CT have the HIGHEST average income per person in the US.... armpit ...I think not.... bridgewater here to represent
Posted Image

#79 Daddy

Daddy

Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:51 PM

The EBX in the Bridgewater Commons Mall received a XBOX 360 but it's still in the crate until they make space for it by moving out one of the other displays.

its not up yet b/c the didnt recieve keys for the unit to open it....go figure
Posted Image

#80 djak1

djak1

My name is Jeffy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:25 AM

If anyone is looking for a copy of Timesplitters: Future Perfect (XBOX), there are at least two copies available at the Target in Milltown (Off Rt. 1). Tagged in the display case for $19.99. Also, there are two Jade Empire's (LE) for XBOX available for $19.99 as well.
Posted Image

#81 peloquin17

peloquin17

ChuckSideMafia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:11 PM

the TRU on rt 10 in east hanover has a pretty good selection for the B2G1 sale.

got:
fire emblem
ssx on tour
indigo prophecy
jade empire LE
ninja gaiden black
conker

Im gonna hit some KBs at lunch for their new markdown, so if anyone is looking for anything, let me know.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Morpheus

Morpheus

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:30 PM

Actually NJ and CT have the HIGHEST average income per person in the US.... armpit ...I think not.... bridgewater here to represent

Don't forget to add that NJ is probably going to be the first state to be built out in the future. Meaning no more room to build.

A little late for the party, but Paramus here representing. I'm the rat bastard you all hate that nabs the good deals in Paramus. :D

#83 djak1

djak1

My name is Jeffy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:24 PM

Regarding the KB toys clearance, here is a copy of the my post from the thread in the main deals section:

First, let me just say that I hate hoarders. At the first KB I went to, there were two guys buying everything. All copies of DK Junglebeat with and without drums (7 copies), and basically everything else in the store. I asked if I could have one - "No." I asked if they were ebaying them, and he said no - they own a store. They did 3 transactions, $1200 total. For us in NJ, they claim to have cleaned out the stores in Toms River, Lawrenceville, Brick, and Freehold, spending about $5K total. Needless to say, I walked out of there with nothing, except a glance at the list, which according to the CSR is about 1200 games. Also, even though they will say no, the orange tag promotion (buy 1, get 1 50% off is in effect), which is how I managed to get some games for $2.50 as noted below. Anyway, at two other KBs I managed to get the following:

Oh yeah, the two guys were whispering, and I overheard them say "those cheapassgamer.com people are always late to the party." ::

All $5 unless otherwise noted:

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA) $10
Golden Sun: Lost Age (GBA)
Breath of Fire II (GBA) $2.50
Rayman: Hoodlum's Revenge (GBA)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
World Championship Poker w/deck of cards (GBA)
Yu Gi Oh: Reshef of Destruction (GBA) $10
Yu Gi Oh: Destiny Board Traveler (GBA)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (GBA)
Crazy Chase (GBA) $2.50
Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA) $10
Frogger Adventures: Temple of the Frog (GBA)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
Dexter's Laboratory (GBA)
World Championship Poker (XBOX)
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (XBOX)
Ribbit King (GC)
Star Fox Assault (GC)
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GC) $15 (HUGE YMMV) - I think the CSR just gave it to me for $15 because I spent so much
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

What I didn't buy, but remember:

GTA for GBA $5
Advance Wars 2 (GBA) $1
Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA) $5 (Not sealed, so I didn't buy it).
Posted Image

#84 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

Hoarders are a mess. I can't stand them either.

North NJ was a little better, the always empty Ramsey NJ KB had a good amount left. I got Transformers and Rise of the Kasai for $10 each. Saw some others but wasn't that interested.

Going to check by the Bergen Mall KB later on since its probalby a low-traffic area.

#85 DarienW

DarienW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

There's still some games left in the woodbridge kb
I picked up 2 $10 ones

#86 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:05 AM

Hmm...I don't have time to go to KBtoys until the weekend. I hope they are left with a few good games.
Posted Image

#87 djak1

djak1

My name is Jeffy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:58 AM

Bad news for NJ CAGs. I just got back from the Bridgewater store, and the hoarders hit there as well. I had a conversation with the manager, and apparently, at the regional KB manager's meeting this afternoon, they were topic of conversation. It seems that they have hit just about every KB in NJ (confirmed for Piscataway, Westfield, Woodbridge, Jersey Gardens, Freehold, Brick, Toms River, W. Caldwell, Paramus, Wayne, Secaucus & Livingston). In her store alone, they spent $1700 (she showed me the transaction log.)

Slim pickins' guys, slim pickins left.

If they spent about $1000 in each store, thats $12K (close enough to the $10K the one guy told me this afternoon) or 1200 games (using $7.50 as the mixed price point of $5 & $10).
Posted Image

#88 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

Bad news for NJ CAGs. I just got back from the Bridgewater store, and the hoarders hit there as well. I had a conversation with the manager, and apparently, at the regional KB manager's meeting this afternoon, they were topic of conversation. It seems that they have hit just about every KB in NJ (confirmed for Piscataway, Westfield, Woodbridge, Jersey Gardens, Freehold, Brick, Toms River, W. Caldwell, Paramus, Wayne, Secaucus & Livingston). In her store alone, they spent $1700 (she showed me the transaction log.)

Slim pickins' guys, slim pickins left.

If they spent about $1000 in each store, thats $12K (close enough to the $10K the one guy told me this afternoon) or 1200 games (using $7.50 as the mixed price point of $5 & $10).

even if they sell them for slim markups, if those are the same dudes hitting all those KBs, they will never sell all the games they bought. i mean really. those f'in bongo drums are on sale for a reason, they didnt exaclty tear up the sales charts. how many copies of Polarium do they think they're gonna sell?

#89 djak1

djak1

My name is Jeffy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

even if they sell them for slim markups, if those are the same dudes hitting all those KBs, they will never sell all the games they bought. i mean really. those f'in bongo drums are on sale for a reason, they didnt exaclty tear up the sales charts. how many copies of Polarium do they think they're gonna sell?

I totally agree with you. It just irks me that myself, and every other person who is looking for one copy of something is out of luck b/c of their actions - throwing aside any intentions they may have.
Posted Image

#90 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:12 PM

Englewood KBtoys is fresh out of games. Did any of you CAG's get anything from there?
Posted Image