* * * * * 1 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6551 replies to this topic

#271 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

*cracks whip*

If I'm not mistaken, Wombat came back from DW last week! Where the hell are my CAGCASTS?!?!?! :P

QFT but you know cheapy whenever you get around to it, thats just fine with me. ;)

#272 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

CAGcast #18 will be recorded/posted on Monday night...Last call for questions from the CAGbag!

#273 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

The possibility of a v-bookie final round with the DS Lite Color Elimination that's in its 4th round now. http://www.cheapyd.c...ead.php?t=84790

Posted Image

#274 Mike23

Mike23

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:43 AM

Cheapys tonight!

I mean, all of the big network execs are sitting in a room, nervously smoking, waiting to hear the results.
Posted Image

#275 PawnTakesKing

PawnTakesKing

The Analytical Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:58 AM

For gamers arriving late to the scene, which current-gen system (Cube, PS2, or XBox) would you most recommend and why?
Posted Image

#276 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:07 AM

For gamers arriving late to the scene, which current-gen system (Cube, PS2, or XBox) would you most recommend and why?

Nice question! That would be a very good topic to discuss considering how cheap most of the games are for all three of those systems.

Once you start playing 360, PS3, Revolution, you won't want to go back to Xbox, PS2, & GC games. I say enjoy the current games now at bargain prices until that "monster, buy the system NOW" game comes along. I'll be playing mine for at least another year. I've kept up a list of games to still play over the past few years and I'm still almost 80 deep to go in this gen.

Posted Image

#277 thesilentshadow30

thesilentshadow30

shhhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

How about a transcript (thread) of the CAGcast for those of us who have been cursed with dialup.

Before everyone says just get a better conection. I live way out in the country and dial up or Satelite are all I can get.

iamwithstupidsigvt8.jpg

#278 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:29 AM

For both Cheapy and Wombat:

If you had to develop a fairly original game for the DS or Revolution, what would you have in mind?

#279 ecmazza

ecmazza

CAG, where is my wallet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

With the Nintendo's next system looking to change the way we game, in your expert opinions: over the years of home gaming, what controller change (or revolution if you will - har, har) has had the biggest impact on gaming?

In my un-expert opinion, I would say Nintendo using the original D-pad, pretty much every system since has had one, even the Revolution controller is going to keep the thing...

#280 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

Arcades in the United States have become a very small niche market. Do you think the arcade could make a comeback or will our grand children stare at us funny when we mention an arcade machine?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#281 The Successful Dropout

The Successful Dropout

eye we tall did

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:28 PM

Does Wombat like RPGs?

Does CheapyD want to see a really good Hockey game be released?

And if Thorbahn's internet access was down for a week, would he be allowed to call in a question?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#282 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

Last call for CAGcast #19 CAGbag!

#283 getmeoutofjoliet

getmeoutofjoliet

White girl got my mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:39 PM

Cheapy, what the hell do you do all day?

#284 hipsterplease

hipsterplease

The Old Nerdy Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

Since both of you were early 360 adopters, here’s a smart-ass, semi-relevant question: In the event that your Xbox 360 power supply overheated and set your apartment ablaze, which three gaming-related items would you hope to save from the towering inferno that ensued?

#285 Mike23

Mike23

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:23 PM

Cheapy, do you sleep in a drawer? if so, has the wood ever warped?
Posted Image

#286 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

1.Has there ever been a game that got a bunch of great reviews and people talked about it being "the bomb" but when you played it, you thought it was boring? If so which game and why did you think it was boring?

2. Do you find yourself having more trouble getting underground deals (penny guides, coupons, etc) from female clerks then you do with male clerks?

3. E3 is slowly coming up. What are your plans this year? May I suggest a booth with a pet the Wombat exhibit and Mrs. CheapyD in booth babe gear. ;)
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#287 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:16 PM

Cheapy & Wombat, since you are both married, what's the one moment that sticks out in your mind where your wife has gone out of her way to embrace your dorkdom?

Mine would have to be that my Groom's cake at our wedding was actually in the shape of an Xbox. There are pictures of us actually cutting our wedding cake with a large orange flavored Duke controller sitting right beside it.

(I'll have to scan in some pictures later.)
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#288 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:30 AM

Dear Cheapy,
No mention of Star Wars Empire at War. I'd think one of you would be enough of a Star Wars fan to at least mention that newly released game in passing. Especially since the game was game by a company who were part of the team that made the classic Command and Conquer. (Kane is still my favorite Video game Villian)
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#289 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

Where do you find the legacy audio clips for your shows? They are very entertaining and I want to hear more.

#290 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:51 PM

What game have you played for hours and endless hours on just the internet multiplayer (besides Halo 2). Like example I use to play the hell out of Tony Hawk UnderGround on the PS2.
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#291 _k1_

_k1_

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

Even though this is Cheap Ass Gamer, I still have to pay for pretty much everything you guys mention. Do you guys have any favorite freeware games?

#292 Mike23

Mike23

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:40 AM

What would the PS3 have to have included with it for you guys to pay $800-900?
Posted Image

#293 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

Made out of Solid Gold. It's own HDTV. Or more realistically the ability to play movies on hdtv's with only the component cables that HDDVD and Blueray have just cut according to news reports. Both have just cut the already small HD market into smaller increments through that decison.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#294 hipsterplease

hipsterplease

The Old Nerdy Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

What effect, if any, will the rumored (EDIT:now official) delay of the PS3 have on the next-gen gaming market? Specifically, do you believe it will give Nintendo an upper hand? Though Iwata-san is currently hot to have the Revolution on store shelves this November, would such a delay give Nintendo enough wiggle-room to be more leisurely with the console’s launch?

#295 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

new show tonight, post last minute question, thanks

#296 botticus

botticus

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

What effect, if any, will the rumored delay of the PS3 have on the next-gen gaming market? Specifically, do you believe it will give Nintendo an upper hand? Though Iwata-san is currently hot to have the Revolution on store shelves this November, would such a delay give Nintendo enough wiggle-room to be more leisurely with the console’s launch?

Better amend that question to "the official delay of the PS3"

#297 hipsterplease

hipsterplease

The Old Nerdy Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:09 PM

Better amend that question to "the official delay of the PS3"

Excellent point, botticus. Summarily edited.

#298 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

Cheapy, have you gone to the doctor yet in Japan, and did he or did he not prescribe Brain Training?

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=86945

#299 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:21 PM

Cheapy and Wombat,

Has any of your wives ever just shut off one of your consoles or handhelds while you were playing? If so, what is the reason? And what game was it and how far was it since your last save point? What about your moms when you were younger? Did it piss you off? And what did you do afterwords?
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#300 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

Shouldn't cheapassgamer.com be run by people with a little less cash than CheapyD and Wombat? They seem to have quite a bit of disposable income. I mean, $70 for a remote? You guys are loaded!

-Temporaryscars,
the brokeass gamer.