• Please log in to reply
6622 replies to this topic

#3931 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:49 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I know cheapy mentioned that certain games in Japan launch for more expensive than other ones (any capcom game or FF) and was thinking when I saw the COD Modern Warfare 2 teaser how is activision going to nickel and dime us with this game, and I thought jokingly, "They'll probably charge $70 for it since it's so popular!" and then started to think, maybe they will.

So my question is, do you ever see it happening where game companies will charge more for a game that they know will be really popular and there is a high demand for?

#3932 DugFreez

DugFreez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

Cheapy, I've heard you mention on a few CAGcasts (including the past 2) about men cheating on their wives being big in Japan.

Is it only the married men doing the cheating while their wives sit unsatisfied at home? Or are the wives doing some cheating too? Don't tell me that the married men are only picking up single ladies?!? Or do they usually do their cheating with a "professional"?

#3933 Jonman

Jonman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

Christ on a bike, Cheapy, quit belching during the show. Did I miss the memo where CAG now means Compulsive Air Gulper? It seems like it's been every single freakin' show of late. If I want to hear belches, I have my very own belch-generation equipment that's primed for use every second that I'm awake, and goes everywhere I do.
There's a reason you don't hear belching on the radio. Because it sucks to listen to.

#3934 TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I always enjoy the TV discussion, but have never heard you two mention LOST? Are either of you fans of the greatest show to ever grace the television screen?

#3935 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

I didn't believe it at first, but I have seen a rediculous amount of people talking about repurchasing 360's. Both of you guys just stated you would on the last CAGCast. Is this driving 360 sales?
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#3936 Imallvol7

Imallvol7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I always enjoy the TV discussion, but have never heard you two mention LOST? Are either of you fans of the greatest show to ever grace the television screen?

Can't agree more. Best show I have ever seen on TV. Jericho is a close second.
PSN --> Imallvol7
Xbox Live --> Imallvol

#3937 zeo1137

zeo1137

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

Hello CheapyD and Wombat. I really enjoy the podcast and have been listening ever since XTommyDonx started raving about it daily and i wanted to know what your thoughts would be on a CAGCast themed iPhone application. We did have an idea for a side scroller played with CAG members as characters, Or something completely different! I just was wondering if it ever crossed your mind.
Thanks, Zeo1137

Edited by zeo1137, 29 March 2009 - 04:09 AM.

Posted Image

#3938 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:46 AM

So, I was watching the love hotel video and I was wondering why you'd take a camera to film that for your youtube channel and thats when it hit me.

Cheapy being a internet space pimp aren't you afraid of a Cheapy sex tape leaking online?
Especially if the length of the video is less than 3 minutes. :p

#3939 zedarkness

zedarkness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

Really enjoy the show CHeapyD and Wombat. Cheapy I hear you're going to E3 and I'm intrested to go to. The problem is im 15 and not part of the industry, when supposedly you have to have ties to the video game industry[I hear even working at 7/11 counts] and are 17. I would really like to go because I'm a huge gamer but I don't want to wait two years so, since you've been to E3 quite a few times, do you think it would be worth it and easy enough that I could sneak in without them checking my ID?

#3940 dre297

dre297

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Why so much hate towards Heroes??? The show is a very good. The last episode was amazing. It almost brought me to tears. But then again we are talkin about the same people that think that the first transformers movie was crap.

#3941 Kambul

Kambul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hey Cheapy and wombat,
I'm trying to start my own podcast and was wondering if you could give me any tips that could help me out? Also a few shows back wombat was talking about a new mic that he got and I was hoping he could give his professional opinion on what mic I should get (factoring in price).

thanks guys -Kambul

#3942 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hey cheapy and wombat i'd love to get your thougts on this!

Firstly, Cheapy, i know you read the first Mass Effect book but have you read the second one that apparently takes place 2 months after the game ending?, i guess it leads up to where Mass Effect 2 will take place.

Also a question for both of you

Do you think its worth picking up a PS3 at this time or should i just hold on to my money for the next xbox? either way i'd like to wait for another price drop but i feel by the time that happens the next xbox wont be far off. your thoughts?

Ps. Wombat needs to start answering emails

Edited by Swoxx, 01 April 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#3943 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hey guys,

Not to rip off Joystiq or anything, but maybe CAG can have its own 360 E-74 survey if the problem seems to get any bigger? I'd set one up myself but I'm sure that it would get much more results if either of you posted it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3944 Gar-D

Gar-D

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

I a quick comment and question to you guys. I was watching SNL (2/14/09) and was laughing out loud at the skit with the wii where Alec Baldwin is jerking the wiimotes. What "actual" games have you played with the wiimote that engaged you doing crazy double entendre acts on them.
Keep up the good work. I love the show!

Gar-D

#3945 ssssss

ssssss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

Hey guys,
Knowing that you guys have played many first person shooters, and videogames in general, fast reaction times are a given. Do you think this has any correlation with premature ejaculation?

#3946 twen

twen

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hey guys,
Knowing that you guys have played many first person shooters, and videogames in general, fast reaction times are a given. Do you think this has any correlation with premature ejaculation?

Whoa. Haha, I want to hear this question asked.
Posted Image

#3947 SzechwanChicken

SzechwanChicken

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

more of a comment than a question. but i am really digging the new search bar, im not sure how long ago super programmer john installed it but since it was brought to my attention in the latest podcast i think its great.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/SzechwanChicken]Posted Image[/url] Posted Image

#3948 SzechwanChicken

SzechwanChicken

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

if you could rip a new a$$hole into any video gaming journalist/ syndicate or related person in the field. who would it be (if any) and why?.....also would you videotape it.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/SzechwanChicken]Posted Image[/url] Posted Image

#3949 muzras

muzras

I Can HAZ Club NintendoZ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:48 AM

Hi cheapyz and wombatz. :wave:

I saw some CAGz had CAG trophies like donating to child's play. I donated for two years and thought it would be cool to get one also. But alas I do not have one :-(.

Is it because my paypal email does not match my CAG sign up email???

Also hope ship, wombat, and may many other CAGz can make it out to E3. Do you know what happened to make them want to change it back to the LA convention center venue? I thought the game companies were trying to save money by doing it at the santa monica hotels and sm airport. Something about cuting out the public and freeloaders to save money and limiting to more industry people. Could not remember if it was true or not but that E3 was getting worse year after year and that game companies wanted to cut their attendance at the events too since it was held in Santa Monica/considered unsuccessful by some. Will the E3 be as big like the years before in LA convention center? I am not sure what to expect with the economy being so shittyz and companies cutting back.

Can we also do a CAG meet up and go out for food/drinks? And maybe play some street fighter 4 vs each other. 8-)

Can you do more Your Man In Japan content too please, needs an update if ya got time :bouncy:

thanks
[cp][/cp]
PLZ TO B 2 Donate-s0rz... Thankz-s0rz ^_^ :D
CAGz are teh bestz. :grouphug:

#3950 slimjim2004

slimjim2004

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Dear CAG,

On March 17th, Hernan **** bought from me a copy of Midnight Club: Los Angeles (xbox 360 videogame). He paid for long shipping. I was nice enough to get it to him within 2 days. I have attached the three conversations I had with the buyer. This is completely ridiculous. I packaged it properly and made sure to mark it is as fragile. The day the buyer received the game he told me that the box is cracked. I apologized and told him it's not a big deal because the game is still in perfect condition. Also, the carrier was at fault not me. I told him you can get a free box at any video store near him. I also contacted him and offered to send him a new free box. He did not reply. He asked me for a return address. I told him to do return to sender and that the address should be ***********************. It has been 9 days. He filed an A-Z claim and he won it. A couple days passed, I asked him if he sent the game back using return to sender. He said that he was not going to send it back and thanked me for the free game. Now I am out about forty dollars and a videogame. I demand that something is done about this because this is really ridiculous. I can basically go buy a bunch of used videogames on amazon, say they came damaged and get my money back and keep the game. How great is that!

Edited by slimjim2004, 30 March 2009 - 05:43 PM.

#3951 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

What was the message that you two got from Activision's announcement of the sequel to Call of Duty 4 eschewing the original name of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for just Modern Warfare 2? Is it arrogance that they assume it will sell just as well without the Call of Duty name or do you get something else from it? Do you think that the Call of Duty brand that Infinity Ward built up is being given to Treyarch now after seeing that they can sell Call of Duty games as well as Infinity Ward could?

Activision revealed a few weeks back that they had seven "______ Hero" games coming this year: Guitar Hero Metallica, Guitar Hero Van Halen, Guitar Hero Greatest Hits, another Guitar Hero on DS, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, and DJ Hero. Would you have nearly as much of a beef with this exploitation if you could export the songs like Harmonix has done with the track packs that they've released?

#3952 krazy14kraz

krazy14kraz

www.thatgamingsite.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:33 AM

Hey Cheapy, I've recently started listening to the Adam Corolla podcast and he is hysterical. So my question is if you listen to any other radio talk-show hosts other than your beloved Howard Stern?

#3953 MaxDense

MaxDense

Enter Sandman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

I just received an e-mail from Netflix informing me that the fee for Blu-ray disc rentals is being increased from $1 per month to $4 per month. In true cheapass fashion, I promptly canceled my Blu-ray access. Do you guys think, as I do, that Blu-ray discs are far too expensive (especially for movies I already own on DVD)?

Also, the PS3 is such a good upconverting DVD player, do you think most people will cancel their Netflix/Blu-ray access?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3954 RadikalJin

RadikalJin

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, love the show and have done for the last couple of years!This week, the Major Nelson podcast had Cliff Bleszinski on as a special guest. After all the times you joked about it with Shipwreck, do you think maybe the CAGcast might get a new addition to the trio?
Thanks guys, keep the great quality up! =)

#3955 Chris_GTR1

Chris_GTR1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

cheapy this is a question for you

how are you treated as a white man living in japan . do you get better or worse service or do you get wierd looks or anything like that?

#3956 Super_Cholo

Super_Cholo

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

The big controversy here is the DLC. I agree with you guys and really am disappointed with Capcom and others for doing what they are. Personally in this instance I believe the price of the game should be lowered to offset the pricec of the DLC which in turn can increase revenue as well.

What do you guys think should be done in regards to RE5 DLC and what seems to becoming a trend?
Check me out at Richs iPhone Repair Remember kids... We Don't Die, We Multiply.

Posted Image

#3957 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

Will Cheapy be buying the Transformers Mighty Muggs and finally get off Wombat's back about buying them?

Posted Image
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#3958 pezking6983

pezking6983

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Signed up for Netflix. Got you pizzaid! Then to my misfortune, I got strep throat 2 days later. Coincidence? Nope, Netflix gave me strep. <sarcasm>Thanks Cheapy!</sarcasm> At least I had some good shit to watch while I'm sick though.

#3959 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, have you guys played Shadowrun? It's $15 and well worth it. Great game, lots of fun. It's pretty much all multiplayer, but has bot matches if you're into the solo stuff ;)

Edited by Xavin, 05 April 2009 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

#3960 canestim

canestim

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

Cheapy and Wombat,

It’s no secret that the companies didn’t want to deliver backwards compatibility this current generation and they pretty much only did it due to pressure. Now both Microsoft and Sony have pretty much given up on it for this gen and looks like they probably won’t have it next gen.

So with all the issues with the 360 RROD, E74, etc. do you think Microsoft will almost be forced into it doing it with the “Xbox 720” due to all the quality issues? I love the fact that I can still play my NES and SNES to this day and they are launch systems. I did have to put a new 72pin into the NES though. I doubt that 20+ years later I will still be able to play Fable 2 on my 360.

Also, what are your favorite beers? Cheapy, can you recommend any Japanese beers for me to try?