CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6656 replies to this topic

#4081 AleetPanda

AleetPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:10 AM

Hey Cheapy, You have been talking about you move back to the states as an eventuality. Do you think it might hurt your street cred. People asking for the video game pulse in Japan, being game journalist's go-to guy? I also find your weekly updates on adventures in Japan amusing on the CAGcast, might it hurt the show?

#4082 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

Heh heh...I got a kick out of Wombat mentioning that his wedding was held at the Roslyn Claremont hotel. This is a bit uncle's, cousin's, former room-mate, but my job involves correcting errors and making updates to hotel and resort websites. The company I work for maintains the website for the Roslyn Claremont, as well as several other New-York based hotels. In fact, I've personally made several corrections and updates to their site in the course of my professional duties.

My sister actually just got married, and the experience brought a mildly CAG-related question to mind. Since you guys (Cheapy and Wombat) are both married, what do you feel is the most important element of a wedding. Some people think its the building where the ceremony is held. Some say it is the details, like flowers, clothes, etc... Some even say the weather on the day of the event. My new brother-in-law insists that the food at the reception is tantamount. (he says that is what everyone remembers) From your experiences, what stood out as the most crucial and or memorable element of your weddings?

Also, my sibling told me how much they were spending on their wedding. I'm not going to say how much it was, but I can tell Cheapy that the 10K that was spent on his wedding was VERY reasonable. Wedding expenses can get absolutely ridiculous.

#4083 Frythan

Frythan

food is good

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

Cheapy, since you starting talking about iphone apps, how do you get american apps in japan?

#4084 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:02 AM

Like CheapyD, I moved to live in my wife's home country. So a couple of questions I have for him are:

1. Do your wife and your son use your last name, and if so, what is Abrams converted into katakana?

2. Are you allowed to stay in Japan indefinitely if you want simply because your wife and son are Japanese citizens, or is it more complicated than that?

#4085 Johnny2900

Johnny2900

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat! I have a question considering podcasting. I am planning on doing a podcast as my senior project. i was wondering what programs and microphones you use to make the podcast successful. Also how do you add the music as well? Thanks for the help!

#4086 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hey guys,

With all of the DJ talk in the last CAGcast, why no discussion about DJ Hero? They've already announced some tracks, as well as reavealed the complete DJ Hero controller. How do you guys think it's looking so far? Thanks.

Oh, and here's a link to some pics of the DJ Hero controller with it's new attachment that was shown in GameInformer. The site's foreign by the way...

http://www.xboxygen....DJ-Hero-revelee
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4087 Wazzaplinola

Wazzaplinola

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:44 AM

Hey cheapy you mentioned you would try to interview pizzaguy coughalexcough just wondering how that's going

#4088 LoCarb

LoCarb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Cheapy - since you will be in the states for E3 - are there any plans for an official CAG E3 meetup???

Wombat - if you're not going to E3 because it's in the middle of the week are you at least planning to go to Comic-Con in San Diego this year since it runs over a weekend?

#4089 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

Cheapy and Wombat,
Would you compare and contrast your opinions in the differences in how certain publishers/developers are putting their DLC packs on sale in retail stores?

With Oblivion and now Fallout 3, Bethesda is going the route of having the content be on a disc, which opens the door for massive amounts of people renting or borrowing a copy just to install the content.

In comparision, Tomb Raider Underworld, GTA IV, Patapon 2, and soon-to-be Gears 2 retail DLC packs are just codes that you have to enter online/on the system to redeem with no possibility of sharing with other people (well except for Patapon 2 if it falls in the regular gamesharing rules of stuff on the PSN Store.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4090 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

See this? Hook. It. Up!

(This is just the site bookmarked on my phone).

But I know like many other CAGs i'd love to see a CAG app available to download. I have no idea how hard/long an iPhone/iPod app would take to make but it'll be worth it. It could have some features from the site now like game tracking, price comparsions etc or even like a miniature of the search bar.

It'll be SO useful: say your in a store and find Battlefield Bad Company for £15 (or $15) but you're not sure if its cheaper else where. Whip out your iPhone/touch and you can check instantly then from there make your purchase decision. Slap it on the app store for 99$ (or whatever you want, however I know you've mentioned in the past about not needing the extra money by "exploiting" the site.) and you get a tonne of downloads.

Just an idea.

Thanks love and show and keep up the good work!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4091 Wazzaplinola

Wazzaplinola

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

I just remembered on episode 150 you said that you and ship should play 1 on 1 in basketball, make it happen!

#4092 ssssss

ssssss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I was wondering if you guys have any gaming clothes, and if you do, wear them in public. There is a very interesting dividing line between gamers who like to show they're gamers, and gamers would be embarrassed to be classified as one in public.

#4093 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

Cheapy,
Will you buy the second Saints Row 2 DLC pack since it's priced at $7 instead of $10?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4094 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

Cheapy and Wombat,

Now that your kids are growing older, have you had any experiences and/or worried about experiences involving the kids "being kids" and screwing up your games? What I mean by that is tripping over wires, unplugging systems during game time, breaking discs, controllers, etc. What will you do if this happens?

#4095 pikastylz

pikastylz

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, i just wanted to show you guys a video my friend sent me, i think its funny and i hope you guys do too. (especially cheapy!!!)

http://www.theonion....urce=videoembed
Posted Image

#4096 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

I assume you guys heard about the Joystiquitter thing with velvet assassin?

Which leads me to ask, what's the longest amt of time you'll stick with a game before giving up and knowing it's not good/not right for you?

I recently gave up on JRPGs in general after spending 8+ hours with Persona 3 and hoping in the back of my head that it would improve but ultimately knowing the experience wouldn't change w/more time invested.

#4097 tomscab

tomscab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:33 AM

This is more a question for Wombat because Cheapy doesnt listen to podcasts,

Since I have started listening to so many game podcasts I find i Dont really read formal reviews anymore. Mainly because i hear many various opinions and live arguments, with out the bullshit of scores and more talk about the game itself. Is this true for you also? Thanks love the show keep up the good work

#4098 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

This question is mostly for Cheapy because I don't think it applies to Wombat.

I just picked up Lips on clearance for $35 (thanks CAG!). I've never really done much Karaoke before, but my wife and I are enjoying it.

Anyway, what are some of your favorite songs to sing in the game, either on disc or DLC? Since you're the only person I know who has the game, I might shoot a challenge your way. :)

Shafnitz.png

#4099 GunMetalJackal

GunMetalJackal

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

Hello Mr. D and Mr. Wombat my question to you gentlemen is do you believe that the new PSP's lack of a umd drive will affect its price?(i.e.= cheaper?) Also, Cheapy what is up with your Twitter doppelganger and what do make of him getting threats?

#4100 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Cheapy, here's an easy question. I was listening to an older show and you commented how some people don't like the CAGS on news theme. What is wrong with them?! The song is awesome! Who re-mixed the original Girils on Film for you guys? Did you do it and provide the voiceovers (although the voiceover sounds like Ship) Or did a CAG create the theme?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#4101 chocoblock

chocoblock

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat
You may or may not know that Sims 3 recently got leaked onto the Internet. What would make of a person who downloaded it now in advance knowing that they were going to purchase the game on its release. I understand that most people are not going to do this but what about those that do?

Keep up the podcast its easily the best out there.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/InkRaid"]Posted Image[/URL]

#4102 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:25 AM

Who much if any, do you pay Super Programmer john for his Programming expertise?

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#4103 cdubthebabyshooter

cdubthebabyshooter

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:00 AM

Hi Cheapy and Wombat,

As a dude who recently lost his job, the iPhone section is quickly becoming my favorite part of the show. I'm trying to save money but sometimes I just get the urge to buy something new (I'm such a consumer). iPhone games are perfect for me. I get a new game that satisfies my spending urge and I only spend a couple of bucks (Fuck you Suze Orman!)

Here are a couple of my new favorites:

Uniwar- Bought it on sale for like $1.99. Like Advance Wars and Military Madness. I love turn based strategy so it's perfect. It has an online mode too!

SuicideGirls Flip Strip- FREE! Like one of those old novelty pens. Flip the iPhone upside-down and the hot tattooed girl is in her bra and panties.

Runkeeper Free- FREE! I started walking to try and lose my fat gut. This uses the GPS to track how far you go and at what pace. It's ad supported but it doesn't hinder the app at all.

#4104 TeamDiscoveryChannel

TeamDiscoveryChannel

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:00 AM

After watching the GameTrailers review of Terminator: Salvation, they say the game takes less than 4 hours to complete, yet it's still being sold at $60. In this day and age, if a game is going to price itself at $60, do you think there should be a minimum amount of gameplay time so consumers feel like they get their money's worth?

#4105 Infneon

Infneon

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

After watching yesterdays Microsoft press conference I was a bit miffed off with the current state of additional/downloadable content. The 2 map packs for Modern Warfare 2 is great and all, but announcing DLC 6 months before the game is even out? That doesn’t sit well with me at all and feels like the content is just being held back from the retail disk. I bet the first pack will be out within a month of the game shipping.

Also with the Halo ODST disc now sitting at full price because it contains map packs for Halo 3, what about the early adopters that bought them when they were released? They are now in the same position as the people who bought the Gears 2 content only to find out it will be released at retail with additional content to try and get more money out of them by selling them content they may already own. I think the whole thing stinks and I am rapidly going off DLC content

Posted Image

#4106 HooHaa

HooHaa

Water hazard?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

Wombat, has Nintendo done enough this E3 to win you back?

#4107 rick1000

rick1000

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

Way to go cheapy i really think you just go to e3 to smoke weed and buy cloths you could care less about the game thats why you take shipwrek with you to do the dirty work thw reson wombat doesnt go is cause he knows he would have to do all the work while you sit on yor lazy ass smokes weed and jerks of to tila tiquila

#4108 rolio64

rolio64

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

Cheapy,

I was listening to an old podcast of your's, as I'm wont to do, when the original story of pizza guy and his naked jaunt came up. You mentioned a few cagcast's ago that you had an update to the story. Did I miss it? Did you have another fireworks party this year?

#4109 panurge

panurge

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

Cheapy,

I was listening to an old podcast of your's, as I'm wont to do, when the original story of pizza guy and his naked jaunt came up. You mentioned a few cagcast's ago that you had an update to the story. Did I miss it? Did you have another fireworks party this year?

Yes, the CAGcast needs moar naked pizza guy.

#4110 El Snaxwell

El Snaxwell

This is going to hurt.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

The cheapest of all Cheap-asses,

Have you heard anything about NATAL not working with black people? I quite honestly find it to be hilarious. What do you think about it?

Also, what was the most appealing thing you had seen at E3?

Peace,
Max

Soundgarden.png

Formerly moleman of the Contests/Free Stuff clan.