• Please log in to reply
6621 replies to this topic

#4111 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

Was the Bring it Home campaign for special E3 demos on Xbox Live and PSN a huge failure this year? At most, there was Final Fantasy VII on PSN and the Overlord 2 demo, which isn't much at all.

Were there any interesting games that were shown or announced at E3 that you don't think any of the big sites paid any or enough attention to them?

#4112 krazy14kraz

krazy14kraz

www.thatgamingsite.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

Which booth had the best booth babes?

#4113 ZeroForte

ZeroForte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hey Cheapy (and shipwreck?) I just wanna ask...

What was the shittiest, most WTF looking booth or peripheral at e3 this year?

#4114 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

Cheapy, so how was it using the antiquated toilets of the United States for a week while at E3?
Spoiler

#4115 Bluraven

Bluraven

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Which FPS were you more excited to see Demo'd: MAG or Modern Warfare 2?

#4116 music2134

music2134

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

Have you guys watched UP? if you have, what are your guys opinion of the film?

By the way, have wombat ever gave his opinion on the The Knight on the cagcast? (How The DK should ended?)

P.S Cagcast should have a MovieCritic segment! not a long one but a short one... just to mix it up! :cold:
Uh Oh, HoTDoG!
PSN ID:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
"19 hours left..."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4117 PolyObject

PolyObject

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

Was there anything that you were anticipating that was a let down?

Any input on the Left 4 Dead 2 backlash (i.e. people upset over developing more content for the original instead of a sequel or a Half Life 2 Ep.3 or Half Life 3 announcement instead)?

Is there a game that you think your excited about now that once you get it might fizz out quickly? (Little Big Planet comes to mind)

Is Mass Effect 2 everything my little heart want's hopes, needs, and desires it to be? (just say yes)

#4118 weevles

weevles

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

You and Shipwreck's Game of Show? What was the biggest game disappointment or your biggest letdown of the show?

Did you get hands on time with MS and Sony's Motion Control peripherals? If so, what were your impressions?

Which company had your favorite booth and what, if any, show schwag did you pick up?

Which booth had the hottest booth babes?

What, if anything, do you think could've been done better, whether it's globally for E3 in general or specific companies' presentations?

#4119 malice207

malice207

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

Was wombat satisfied with the amount of coverage on e3 that he doesnt regret so much that he wasn't able to go?

Also did you get any cool swag from the show?

#4120 karatechop16

karatechop16

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Cheapy, how's the 100 Push-Up Challenge going? I'm thinking the combination of jet lag, E3, and cannabis sativa has thrown you off schedule. Am I right?

You inspired me to do it and I'm on Week 2. :)

#4121 24_Fan

24_Fan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

So how was your overall impression of E3? Is E3 back now as it once was?

#4122 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

Here is my questions:

What was your biggest surprise about E3 this year?

Overall, what was the best/worst experiences?

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#4123 MourningCoffee

MourningCoffee

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

Wombat and CheapyD,

Two things:

1) I would like Wombat to let me know if the "All American" hamburger place on Merrick Road in Massapequa is still open. I grew up in Seaford and I used to love that place.

2) I recently started a thread on the CAG Forums regarding what might be considered false advertising by Activision. It would be great if you guys could comment on this issue on the next CAGcast. Here is the link:

http://www.cheapassg....d.php?t=226936

Thanks and keep up the good work!

#4124 AgentSushi

AgentSushi

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

You have said in the past that your parents listen to the show, are they cool with you always smoking weed? As i lost count how many times you mentioned it in the show.:)
Posted Image

#4125 ihih

ihih

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

You have said in the past that your parents listen to the show, are they cool with you always smoking weed? As i lost count how many times you mentioned it in the show.:)

Ditto, your wife must be amazingly cool because I figure she knows this and is ok with it ?

#4126 deletion

deletion

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

*Cheapy do you always wait til you get to the US to smoke weed? You seem to have a good amount of time to do it in japan (when ur wife's at work and kid's at daycare). do they just not have an abundance of weed there in japan? or the penalties so severe that it's better to wait til you get to the us? just wondering.

#4127 panurge

panurge

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

Cheapy & Wombat,

I know you two like to talk about food like a pair of semi starved prisoners in Viet Cong bamboo cages. What was the restaurant in NYC you both went to for the great cheeseburgers with an egg on them? Also, any other must eat places in NYC?

#4128 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

*Good show guys! Which of the big three do you think brought out the biggest guns at E3 09?
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#4129 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck,
Just wanted to say that Wombat, I also havent played the first Uncharted but really want to. And just like you think that it should be much cheaper. There is no way in hell that I am paying $60 CAD for a game that was released nearly 2 years ago. I mean, just because it is a good game and is selling quite well, does not exclude it from being a Greatest Hit. Come on, isn't that what it is for? All they use it for is to repackage games with declining sales to boost them back up. Do you guys know of some actual criteria they add games to the list or am I pretty accurate in my assumption?
Lovin the show, needs a bit more of a Canadian flare though ....eh? ;)
Posted Image

#4130 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

@CheapyD
How pumped are you for Max Payne 3?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4131 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

What do you think is the lesser of two evils: Waggle waving or Button mashing?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4132 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

@CheapyD
How pumped are you for Max Payne 3?

Posted Image

Normally most of the Cheapy jokes suck. but that was pretty impressive.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#4133 Ultramantaro

Ultramantaro

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:00 AM

Hey Wombat, I have a question for you

I've been hearing on the previous shows that you play the bass guitar. I'm a bassist myself, so I'm pretty curious about that: what kind of instrument do you use, what kind of music do you play or are influenced by, who are your favorite bassists etc....

Thanks and keep up the good work, great show

#4134 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:48 AM

Cheapy,

With the return of "I Survived a Japanese Game Show" next week, I was wondering if you watch any game shows there in Japan, and do you have any favorites?
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#4135 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:25 AM

CheapyD,

I don't have a twitter or really check other people's much (so am not really familiar with the features) but decided to visit yours (again) when you did your routine plug for 162. I noticed that one of your followers had an interesting name and checked their twitter: http://twitter.com/HardCheapyD

I don't know what's the deal because it seems this guy was pretending to be you but then said it was all a mistake? his blog is here (via his twitter): http://nottherealcheapyd.blogspot.com/

there's also this guy on twitter: http://twitter.com/TheNiceCheapyD

were you trying to screw with people or are these just impostors hoping to be like you? if these are impostors like I think, why have they "messaged" shipwreck and wombat on twitter as if they were the real deal?

please try to clear this up for me and others or I may never listen to another CAGcast again in fear that an impostor will take your place and an unsuspecting Wombat will not be able to tell the difference.

-Gamer

#4136 yohsh

yohsh

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

Whens the next cag game night?

uc.png

#4137 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

I was wondering if you guys, mostly Cheapy, had thought about doing a live stream, like Godfree has done. I know Wombat was at one of them, and I thought it was really cool. I think it would be cool if you guys did one, or even if it was just one of you.

Posted Image

#4138 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:11 AM

E3 question.

I want to go to E3 next year, but the first day of E3 (June 15) is also my last day of school (I'm a teacher's aide). Would it be worth it if I hopped a plane after work on the 15th and caught the last 2 days, or should I just skip it and hope E3 2011 fits with my schedule?
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#4139 mr.Grinch98

mr.Grinch98

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:03 AM

Cheapy, had a question that was bothering me all during E3. Not to jinx you, but if you were to somehow get busted with some smoke, what would be the process as a foreigner? What if it was a large enough amount, would that effect your ability to travel back to the United States?

#4140 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

Hey cheapy can you sing me a queen song?