Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:45 PM

how much time till show?

#392 Mex25

Mex25

Midget Tosser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:58 PM

I actually have two questions.

Are xbox360 games being delayed on purpose? An example could be Dead Rising and Gears of War. First they were announced for around this time April-May now they are being pushed to June. Now supposedly Dead Rising is being pushed towards the end of the year same with Gears of War. Dead Rising looks almost exactly the same it did when screenshots were released and the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed much. Gears of War just keeps bouncing around with its release date and so far we only have a couple of screenshots.

With the PS3 supposedly coming out later this year do you think the Blu-Ray discs are going to cost more then the price of an xbox360 game?

#393 gaelan

gaelan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

New show in 10 hours, ask questions now or suffer my wrath, or wait till next week

are we there yet?

#394 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:36 PM

(Question for Cheapy, unless Wombat knows about this....somehow) Is there any buzz for Mother 3 in Japan? Also, do you plan on picking it up and making your wife sit with you the whole and translate it?

#395 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

EDIT

I quit asking questions on CagCast.

Posted Image

#396 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

Is there a particular game, or genre of games that you really wish your wife played so you could spend some quality time together?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#397 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:25 PM

With the recent releases of good-to-great games like Daxter, Syphon Filter, Mega Man Powered Up, Metal Gear Acid 2 and Field Commander, do you feel like the PSP is finally finding its groove? Where do you see the PSP at the end of the year?

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#398 Mike23

Mike23

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:38 PM

Where is the weirdest place you've gamed?
Posted Image

#399 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

So uh....where's the show? It's been more than 10 hours.

#400 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:38 AM

So uh....where's the show? It's been more than 10 hours.

I think he meant they were going to actually record the show in 10 hours. I'm sure Cheapy is going to have to take some time adding music and other shiz.

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#401 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:06 PM

b
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.

#402 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:47 AM

Cagbag: Xbox Live acade edition

1. Do you think companies hold off on content in order to get the buyer to not trade-in their game as well as make a few extra million?

2. What would you think of a promotion that gave away 100 marketplace points for each 20z of a certain soda purchased (code would be under the cap)?

3. Would you rather Microsoft cut the marketplace points bullshit and just say how much something is in actual cash or stay the disney dollar way it currently is?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#403 urzishra14

urzishra14

Who are you? I'm Batman.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

From reading reports that video game sales are down (it looks like 31%) and that if this is a trend, do you think that it is because of the high end cost of the xbox 360 and its games? or that there just haven't been many quality games released on any system the last few months?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#404 Sirfragalot

Sirfragalot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:49 PM

Are you guys really excited about a game

#405 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

Are you guys really excited about a game

Best. Question. EVAH.

#406 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:54 AM

What are the odds of you guys picking up a PS3 at launch? Pre-e3 predictions, guys?

Wombat, will I see you at e3?

PS How about a Cagcast 'plug' for the Cheapass E3 meet-up?

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=90545
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#407 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:44 AM

Cheapy: Have you ever seriously thought about changing the name of CAG? Not on any moral grounds of course - I think it's just fine and most reasonable people shouldn't have a problem with "ass" in the name (don't they use it on network TV nowadays?) But from a business standpoint, in this age of hyper-sensitivity and ultra-P.C., do you think any potential advertisers/sponsors might be staying away because of the name?

Would be a shame if it happened though - CheapSkateGamer doesn't just cut it. :-)
Posted Image

#408 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:36 PM

Last call for CAGbag for CAGcast #27!

#409 psiufoxx2

psiufoxx2

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

Please choose which one you would like to answer, if any :)

1) What is your take on games like Psychonauts or Beyond Good and Evil which receive critical acclaim but suffer from lackluster retail sales? What's to blame - marketing? retail shelf space? release timing?

2) We all know that game ratings and reviews help guide our purchases, but do we place too much emphasis on the opinions of others? Does reading a review before trying a title actually affect your opinion of the game?

3) Many have stated that if EA should go out of business they could take the entire industry down with them, inferring that if companies such as EA fail to turn a profit that gaming is no longer a profit center. How much credibility do you attach to these statements?

4) Microsoft has claimed many times that they strive for a game industry with only one hardware platform. Their belief is that our divided market actually hurts developers by splitting their profits and further confuses gamers when making purchasing decisions, and that having only one platform would stir more direct competition and produce better games as a result. Can our market survive with only one gaming system (a la the days of the original NES)? Has Microsoft's monopoly with Windows actually helped or harmed PC game development?

(pronounced sigh-you-foxx-two) :)

#410 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:12 AM

Wombat lamented in the last cagcast about the number of reviewers that EGM now has and that there can be no 'Ebert Effect" (I think that was his theory of knowing a reviewer to be able to tell if you care about that person's opinion). HOw credible do you find the reviews when one takes into account the "ebert factor" along with the 3 ultra-mini-tiny-uberbrief reviews of a game?

I think the 'ebert factor' kills an already suspect review system--thoughts?
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.

#411 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

Have you ever even thought about changing the name of the site, just because of the "ass" in the title?
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#412 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

Have you ever even thought about changing the name of the site, just because of the "ass" in the title?

Look 4 posts up ;)

I answered this one on today's CAGcast...kind of.

#413 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:18 PM

bleh, haven't finished listening to today's cast...>_<

whoopsicles
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#414 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

You guys tend to bash 1up.com on a regular basis. What changes would you make to that website?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#415 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:53 AM

What are the differences between Oblivion on the 360 and PC? Is there marketplace points for the PC version? Is 42 really the meaning of life? Why is EA allowed to put out two of every (sports) game every year? Will you guys come visit me and CAGcast from my basement?

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#416 BrandonMills

BrandonMills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

Don't you think the PS3 rumors are starting to get out of hand?

For example, about the tightly controlled PS3 at E3. Wasn't that pretty much the same deal with the Xbox 360 at the E3 before its launch? Why the doublestandard?

Secondly, it seems that people keep jumping on what the PS3s price will be. I'm kind of sick of all the talk, and don't want to hear anything until its official.

Lastly, maybe this console war won't be much of a war after all. It seems many of the Xbox 360 titles will be making it to the PS3, and vice versa. Sure, there will be titles that don't make the cut, such as certain American games for Xbox 360 and certain Japanese games for PS3, however, it seems that ports might pick up with this cycle of console. Thus, might the console war not really matter in the end, or at least, between two consoles that will be getting many of each others games?

#417 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:03 AM

Do you guys think there is any point in buying budget games? For a majority of the $20 games, they are low quality, so why not just wait a year to get a game that will be $20 and will be much more enjoyable? The only $20 games I've enjoyed are Phantom Dust (which is a real gem) and the ESPN 2K5 games. Have you guys bought a $20 game recently?

#418 DangerDave

DangerDave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:07 AM

I remember a ways back you guys had cag guest speakers . Why don't you do that anymore?

#419 JackFlash666

JackFlash666

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

•What do you guys think of the Revolutions' new name, Nintendo's "Wii"?
(I'm sure you will cover this regardless)

•Also, what do you think about Computer Gaming World's decision to drop numberd review scores? They claim that readers simply look at number scores and this new change will force people to actually read what they think of a game.
^CGW talks about this in the new May issue (their second without # scores)

--Thanks!
JackFlash666

#420 figcoinc

figcoinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:18 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat. I have a two questions.

1) As I write this the Revolution's name has been changed to the Wii. It seems to have garnered a pretty negative or at very least confused reaction from the gaming public. What do you think the impact of a game systems name has on the success of the system?

2) This question is for Wombat. What is your connection to CAG? Are you a co-creator of the site? Or are you just a buddy of Cheapy that is just enjoying the success of his friends site?

Anyway guys, great site and thanks for being not only game minded but still act as normal people. No big corporate nonsense, just two guys having fun with this and hopefully making a good profit and impact when it's all said and done.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: