CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6656 replies to this topic

#4981 kida101

kida101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Wombat are you upset that you are missing Comic-Con right now? Do you guys think there will be any new announcements made there regarding video game news? Also, how do you guys feel about Scott Pilgrim vs The World, the movie and the game?

#4982 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

Cheapy, do people ever mistake you for other bald white guys? I am asking because my sister sees pictures of you and gets you confused with MC Frontalot and Pitbull and I think it's odd.

MC Frontalot
Posted Image

Pitbull however I don't get. He's a smallish cuban rapper.
Posted Image

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#4983 olster1

olster1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

Cheapy, you mentioned a couple of podcasts ago that you are unable to watch hulu in Japan and you have tried various anonymous IP browsing services but hulu can still detect you are in an incorrect region. Well I live in the UK and I use an application called hotspot shield. http://www.hotspotshield.com/ I use it on my iMac and am able to watch everything on hulu. I'm guessing it will work exactly the same for you in Japan and this is just to let you know you can still enjoy great American TV :) Let us know if it works!

You also mentioned in a podcast about a UK version of the CAGcast. This sonds like a brilliant idea and would love to help. I used to run my own gaming podcast and would love to be part of a British CAGcast :) I know these weren't exactly questions but just heads up :D Much love to you and the CAG team :bouncy:

#4984 dddddddd

dddddddd

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

How's Wombats I-phone game coming along. Did his artist friend take the money and run?

#4985 just-joe

just-joe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

I recently got decided to buy Burnout Paradise despite the fact that I got bored of it awhile back. Despite my first impression of the game, I actually now really like it. Oddly enough, the same thing happened to with Mass Effect, I got bored of it and stopped playing and came back to it a few months later and it turned out to be one of my favorite games on the 360. Has there ever been a time when any of you didn't like a game at first, but then went back to it and you ended up really liking it?

fs.png

#4986 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hey guys, when you get review copies or code for a game, do you look at the instruction manuals/screen before playing a game you are about to review or do you just play and hope you'll pick it all up before you finish?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4987 canestim

canestim

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Cheapy/Wombat/Ship

I was searching for stuff on the next Elder Scrolls and I see that Oblivion made the top ten for the last decade by CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2...cade/index.html

What do you guys think about this top ten list and/or what would be your top ten for the last decade?

Also, it seems that Bethesda is focusing on Fall Out a lot more and Elder Scrolls has taken the backseat. Have you guys heard anything about a sequel? What would you like to see in the sequel? Plus it's been forever since Wombat has mentioned Oblivion :)

#4988 Dr Killotron

Dr Killotron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

Hey Cheapy,

I stopped paying attention to gaming company stocks years ago as the market never seems to trend with sales and large announcements, but I've actually come across analysts talking about the release of Starcraft 2. Considering that the entire country of South Korea will buy the game, I took a chance and added a couple hundred to my portfolio. I’m pretty happy to see that it's gone up from my buying price of $10.40 to $11.81. I think you mentioned before that you invest in gaming companies.. have you found that wall street is now looking at those stocks more closely? Have you ever experienced a huge bump in stock price with a large announcement or release? It looks like Blizzard Activision stock dropped upon the release of Modern warfare 2, and the partnering announcement with bungie. Maybe the market is still clueless.

#4989 mr.Grinch98

mr.Grinch98

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

The Dr Who PC game was made available to the US this week. Being in your mid thirties, where you remember a time before massive cable and PBS was one of your four choices in television, did any of you grow up as a Dr Who fan? Also, are any of you a fan of the current BBC series?

#4990 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

Heya Cheapy D, Wombat, and Shipwreck! ^_^

I read Wombat tweet not too long ago about avatar awards on how they are vastly superior than just getting an achievement and I wholehearted agree with him but would like to know:

What your opinion on avatar awards? Does the purchases of avatar "outfits" just defeats itself by having avatar awards given out by playing the game?

Does the promise of having avatar awards just make the game purchase sweeter or easier to lock in a purchase when you're thinking about buying a certain game?

Hope to hear your thought about this.

These are my thoughts on the avatar "outfit": I believe that it should of been a bonus for purchasing the game cause its literally free advertisement for the game makers cause it directly shows to the gamer market that:

1) You purchased the game and your happy enough about your purchase that you willing to shill for them by wearing the bonus avatar gear

2) Want your XBOX 360 Live friends to highly consider the purchase of said game in order to play MP along with them

Anyway just my point of view on avatar awards.

If I may, a shoutout my friend Token2k6 and thread masters Nebenator and dmzauk on making CAG more awesome everyday!

Keep being awesome fellas! ^_^

PS to CheapyD, I PM'ed you the same questions to you but I realized that posting in CAG Bag the question will probably best way to get your podcast crew.

#4991 daniel pharos

daniel pharos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hey CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck,

next to being a Cagcast fan, I happen to be somewhat professionell in the games biz. I will be at the GDC Europe + Gamescom in Germany. Gamescom has been the biggest game expo of the world last year.

My question: Anything you want me to check out for you? Anyone I should track down for you and ask something? I can quickly forward info to you so you have it fast :)

- Daniel Pharos
Composer & Sound Designer for Games
http://www.KnightsOfSoundtrack.com

#4992 Jared_fromjersey

Jared_fromjersey

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

Congrats to Wombat for turning down Gamestops opened copy of Darksiders, many a Gamestop employee had looked at me sideways for turning down the last copy of an opened game but I refuse to pay full price for what is essentially a used game, I don't care if you tell me nobody played it out of the plastic isnt new.

#4993 Greyfoxjr

Greyfoxjr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:48 PM

Cheapy D,

This is an old topic that you have talked about several times before, but I was wondering have you ever tried Rossetta Stone to learn Japanese? You wouldn't have to worry about being left behind in a class of more advanced students.

Or you could always sit in on Tai's classes when he starts kindergarten.

#4994 turdybrogus

turdybrogus

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Game Show Games

Hi Cagcast Crew,
Your recent talk of ‘game show’ games has had me thinking about using voice recognition in games like Family Feud and Jeopardy. With something like the Kinect around, do you think developers will actually make use of this? And would it make you more interested in these extra devices if games like this were released? It seems to me that voice recognition technology is easily at the point which these types of games can make use of this…

#4995 Myncy

Myncy

Freddie Mercury Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hey Cagcast guys,

Been a member for years but only a listener for a few months. This is the only podcast I actually listen to on a regular basis!

My question is about Alan Wake. Like you guys, I'm a huge fan and try to spread the word about it. I started thinking about the episodic release of Fable 2 a year ago (maybe?). Do you think an episodic release for Wake would have gotten better sales for the game? Like, if they made the first episode free, then every subsequent episode 560 points. Hell, even 800 wouldn't be ridiculous in my opinion. They could have really played up the cliffhanger aspect of each episode and have a release every two weeks or something. Could this work for the sequel?

#4996 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering what you each thought of the fans being able to decide the new Carmine's fate in Gears of War 3 by buying avatar t-shirts/real t-shirts? Is it a cheap ploy to try to keep the game fresh in the minds of fans until April next year or is it a sincere attempt to let the fans get involved?

And Wombat, do you think like this is like voting on whether or not Jason Todd should die all over again? That's the first thing that sprung to my mind.

#4997 Goemar

Goemar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

Any news on the UK release of Death Smiles?
And Wombat, are you excited about the Ratchet and Clank comics?

#4998 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

You guys touched on this a little last week. My niece loves games and I even bought her an arcade stick. She loves to play Galaga Legions since there's no pressing buttons to fire. And this Xbox Live Indie game for toddlers called KissyPoo. (Try it with Tai and Sabrina!) Pac-Man is a little tough for her. What 360 games would you recommend for a 3-year old?

Edited by banodyne, 27 July 2010 - 12:21 PM.
added video

#4999 Mindzeye82

Mindzeye82

Invite me to your game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

A question for Cheapy,

You've mentioned that you have back hair and go swimming at the gym. Do you have any great tips for helping to trim back hair similar to your suggestions for cleaning up your head?

My back looks like someone super glued a bath mat to it and I recently moved to a city where going to the beach is popular. I'm trying to think of ways to hang out with my friends without revealing my true them wookie like appearance. Thanks!
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Mindzeye82"]Posted Image[/URL]

#5000 turdybrogus

turdybrogus

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

Good Games that I “can’t” play

Hi Cagcast Crew,

Due to your recent positive reviews of 2010 fisrt and third person shooters like Alan Wake, Singularity, and Metro 2033, I was excited to play something besides MW2 and Halo. Unfortunately none of these games have options for alternate control schemes! For people who play with Legacy or Southpaw style controls, there are fewer and fewer releases each year! Why is this happening? I always check on alt-gamer.com to see the control options before purchasing a game because I have been fooled before.

Do you think developers lose significant sales from people who won’t play default controls? I wonder if there is significant development time tied up to changing a two or three control schemes.

#5001 ssssss

ssssss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:37 AM

So many games come out with overwhelmingly bad reviews. Why don't publishers go to reputable game reviewers, about 6 months in advance of the release date, and just ask them what the game needs, and what can be polished?
This could probably fix a lot of things that are minor annoyances in good games, and instead make them great games.

#5002 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

After seeing this topic discussed on Kotaku, I felt that it would make a great question for the CAGcast.

What are some of the most popular games that you have never played?

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#5003 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:11 PM

A question for Cheapy,

You've mentioned that you have back hair and go swimming at the gym. Do you have any great tips for helping to trim back hair similar to your suggestions for cleaning up your head?

My back looks like someone super glued a bath mat to it and I recently moved to a city where going to the beach is popular. I'm trying to think of ways to hang out with my friends without revealing my true them wookie like appearance. Thanks!

MANGROOMER!

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B000HQ0L2E
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#5004 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat.

I was wondering if you guys could buy this cell phone blocker and use it in NYC and Tokyo respectively and see what happens as you go through the city. Just think of all the annoying cell phone chit chat you could kill.

http://www.dealextre...ils.dx/sku.4355
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5005 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

I was wondering if you are ever going to do your Lunch with CheapyD on your youtube channel?I really liked watching the few you have but it'd be awesome (kinda) if you could do more.

#5006 olster1

olster1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Cheapy, you mentioned a couple of podcasts ago that you are unable to watch hulu in Japan and you have tried various anonymous IP browsing services but hulu can still detect you are in an incorrect region. Well I live in the UK and I use an application called hotspot shield. http://www.hotspotshield.com/ I use it on my iMac and am able to watch everything on hulu. I'm guessing it will work exactly the same for you in Japan and this is just to let you know you can still enjoy great American TV Let us know if it works!

You also mentioned in a podcast about a UK version of the CAGcast. This sonds like a brilliant idea and would love to help. I used to run my own gaming podcast and would love to be part of a British CAGcast I know these weren't exactly questions but just heads up Much love to you and the CAG team

#5007 tomscab

tomscab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

When will we get a clip show of episodes 102-200? Or will cheapy's laziness prevail and we will never receive one?

#5008 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

This question's for Shipwreck:

Several episodes ago you mentioned Alpha Protocol, and if I'm not mistaken, you talked about wanting to replay the game in a different way to see what had changed. Having played the game once myself, I was really impressed with how well the game seemed to respond to my choices. I was wondering what your second experience was like, and how much it differed from your first. Are the differences significant enough to warrant a second playthrough? Any other thoughts on the game?

I'd also like to thank you for recommending it. I would have passed it up otherwise, but I was interested after hearing you discuss it. Aside from really frustrating boss fights and some other questionable game mechanics, the story and choices really made the game worth it.

#5009 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

So no podcast because Wombats computer broke. Come on guys, just do it without him. I know he is big part of the show and I love him but you still have two other people. As long as there are any two of you guys the show should go on.

#5010 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hey Wombat,

On the L.I. episode of Man vs. Food, did he get to go the Waffle House in Oceanside on Long Beach road? Is that place even still around? I remember going there back in the High School days and the cooks used to smoke while preparing the food - it was a damn mess but cheap as hell. The food would make me sick but for some reason we kept going back.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.