CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6661 replies to this topic

#5131 jax2001

jax2001

Finish AC:B

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Are you planning on doing the charity fundraiser for Child's Play again this year?

#5132 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

I'll try this one again, since it goes with a favorite topic of Cheapy's: game stories.

Do Japanese people realize that their game stories are embarrassing? I mean, is there any self-consciousness at all when a complete out-of-context panty shot or excessively whiny dialogue comes up, or is that stuff all just part of the culture?

I mean, I have the presence of mind to be embarrassed when my wife overhears my Gears of War game's dialogue, so I was just wondering if the Japanese populace could also distinguish good writing from bad, and --if so-- why is their game writing so bad?

#5133 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:42 AM

Hey guys,

I recall a conversation from a previous episode in which you said that if Kinect was $150, you would no longer discuss it on your show. What's the deal? We hear 5-10 minutes of discussion about it almost weekly still, long since the price tag had been confirmed.

I think Wombat shot that one off without consulting the others, and they kind of dismissed it a couple of episodes later.

#5134 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hey Cheapy, Japan sells a lot of wacky flavored beverages right? What's the weirdest flavor for a drink you've seen available recently?
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#5135 Aarbear

Aarbear

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

It seems like we're finally getting into primetime for new games coming out, of course this is all happening when my xbox just got the red ring of death. I have Rock Band 3 preordered and was thinking about preordering Fable 3.

My question is, should I cancel the preorders and buy the xbox slim or keep the preorders and buy a used xbox from gamestop? If it wasn't for the great games coming out I would probably wait until black friday for a console deal. Suggestions?

#5136 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:23 AM

Are you planning on doing the charity fundraiser for Child's Play again this year?

Looking forward to Child's Play this year as well.

It seems like we're finally getting into primetime for new games coming out, of course this is all happening when my xbox just got the red ring of death. I have Rock Band 3 preordered and was thinking about preordering Fable 3.

My question is, should I cancel the preorders and buy the xbox slim or keep the preorders and buy a used xbox from gamestop? If it wasn't for the great games coming out I would probably wait until black friday for a console deal. Suggestions?

I would cancel all preorders and get them directly to K-Mart. They have amazing coupons and maybe able to use them on a slim system. Both games come with $20 coupons. Thus, you could get $40 off the slim.

CheapyD, I wanted to your thoughts about the K-Mart thread being to large and bringing down the site? A first? :applause:

Josh is doing an excellent job with the gaming coupons. :applause:

#5137 yobak3r

yobak3r

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:39 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...-perfect-for-t/

... Yeah... thoughts?

#5138 Edoraz

Edoraz

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

On CAGcast 215, Cheapy, you were talking about how 3D TVs don't feel or seem right. Did you demo the 3DS, and if you did, did you have that same sensation with it that you and your friend did with that 3D TV?

Edited by Edoraz, 09 October 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#5139 chucketychuck

chucketychuck

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

hey wombat is October 20th still jack black nocho libre day?

#5140 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

This question is for Shipwreck: have you gotten around to watching The King of Kong and currently, how are your Donkey Kong skills?
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#5141 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

When is Shipwreck getting a Kinect in for review?

#5142 waatulakula

waatulakula

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if you were going to be talking about the Extra Life Marathon on the Cagcast this week and will you be participating? If so what will you guys be playing? I am very excited about this event and hope to see you guys online!

Oh and I just want to say I love the Cagcast I look forward to downloading and listening to it every week. I promise I will give it a review on iTunes someday.

#5143 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

Cheapy, Wombat, rejoice! Stan Lee is creating a league of superheroes called the Guardian Project inspired by the National Hockey League. No, I am not kidding. Two great tastes that taste great together or high sticking?

#5144 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

I know that you have given a lot of shout outs to the extra life charity team, but I think one more thing needs to be said.

We just updated the big raffle. We now have 50 copies of Naughty Bear, 30 copies of Dirt, and 10 copies of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow to give away! We also added codes for Sonic Adventure and Sonic 4 Episode 1, and copies of LA Machineguns/Gunblade NYC and Tournament of Legends. We currently have 180 items to give away in that raffle.

For every dollar donated/raised, you earn 1 raffle entry!

Edited by DrMunkee, 13 October 2010 - 10:58 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#5145 chucketychuck

chucketychuck

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:10 PM

what happened to the cags on news theme song????

#5146 chucketychuck

chucketychuck

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

and.. what happened to alex the pizza guy that got arrested for nudity!???????????

#5147 acolon

acolon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Cheapy, what do you make of Microsoft not giving any sort of push for 3D on the X-box? It seems the system is capable as they've had a few games supporting 3D in the past and the new Call of Duty game lists 3D support for the PS3 and 360. Do you think they give as much a shit about 3D as everyone else?

#5148 PoorRichard

PoorRichard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

With a lot of talk about outlines on last week's podcast, I am curious as to what an outline looks like. Can you show us an example?

#5149 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

Question for Wombat:

I, like you, didn't think Alan Wake was quite as amazing as the gaming press (and Shipwreck/Cheapy) did. It had repetitive environments, gameplay elements, etc., but the story and atmosphere made it an above average game.

So why do you think the gaming press isn't championing Enslaved to the same level? It works even better in the gameplay dept, and its story and atmosphere are extremely well-developed from a writing standpoint. Is it because it's not horror? Not a shooter? What?

#5150 warnervon

warnervon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

I have a hard time finding older reviews on the site. Whats up with that? Love the show and the site! -thanks

#5151 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:13 AM

What do you guys think of the Legacy of Kain series? and do you think they'll ever get around to making a new sequel for the current generation consoles?

#5152 Evilsean

Evilsean

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

What do you guys think of using the Kinect as a piece of exercise equipment. I don't want to buy a treadmill, I don't want to leave my house, but I do want to lose some weight. I notice a lot of exercise stuff coming out for Kinect that doesn't look like the crap they put on the Wii. I thought it may be a fun way to exercise without buying blocky equipment.

#5153 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

Wombat,

I grew up on L.I. and the closest we had to pumpkin picking was a trip to King Kullen. Where do you guys go to pick pumpkins these days?

Cheapy, Ship - do you foreigners have places to go pumpkin picking?

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#5154 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

Cheapy, you've mentioned numerous times that you never edit or delete threads that talk about a glitch or pricing mistake. But you follow up with saying you would never advertise it on the front page.

With the addition of the new Top 10 Thread links right up there on the top of the front page, what will you do if a glitch thread makes its way to the Top 10 list? Will it be nuked like the free XBLA games glitch?

#5155 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

1st: I really like the new mobile version of the site. While my phone worked fine with the full version I find the mobile much quicker for browsing around and reading. Nice update.

Second a Question/Site Request: is there anyway add an option to filter out certain platforms when try to do a search for games? With the inclusion of the several thousand iOS/iPhone apps the search feature seems to predominate show (sometimes only marginally related) iOS results. I have a hard time finding some games because it returns several versions of apps that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for.

Specific example: trying to add 'Club Penguin: Herbert's Revenge DS' (for my daughter, but I track everything I buy, even for the girls) to my collection ended up returning nothing but club penguin iOS stuff. At first it didn't even show the original Club Penguin for the DS (although it shows up earlier in the search, and eventually showed up each time, not sure how the DB look up works or caches).

Can we get an option 'turn off' ever seeing a return for iOS? Whatever DB you all pull from means count of 'games' for the platform out-numbers all of the games for other systems. Preferably it can just be a user setting (check which platforms to search, much like the price tracker) -- allowing people to filter out platforms they don't own.

Thanks for thoughts on the recommendation, and especially thanks for the site and podcast!

#5156 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

Cheapy, Ship - do you foreigners have places to go pumpkin picking?

Shipwreck lives in Ohio. Pretty sure they have pumpkins there.

#5157 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

Are you guys going to do a live show at the Smodcastle when you go to E3 next year if it is in LA again? Encase you don't know it's a podcast theater owned by Kevin Smith.

http://smodcastle.com/rent.html
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5158 Myncy

Myncy

Freddie Mercury Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

Last week I had a discussion with a friend about digital selling retail games on home consoles. I'm only going to talk about the 360, as I don't own a PS3 and don't want to talk out of my ass.

Basically, we discussed the recent release of Gears of War 2 for $30 on xbox live. On the occasion of its release, Microsoft lowered the price of it's DLC (the all-encompassing pack) to $5. I haven't played the game in months, but bought the pack and am now playing online for the first time in awhile.

I probably never would have bought the pack if not for the very low price (it used to be $20, then $10). If Microsoft was trying to make money off of once-successful online games wouldn't it make sense to offer Gears at a lower point ($10 for the first month?) along with the discounted DLC to encourage new and older players to pick up the game? I'm not sure of the sale figures of Games on Demand, but I can't imagine they're amazing. Steam does something similar to this, such as the recent low pricing for Left 4 dead 1 and 2 for about $10.

Do you think this practice could work, or is the current model sufficient?

I'm a big fan of the CAGcast, keep it up.

#5159 The Mike

The Mike

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

Is it worth getting Fallout: new Vegas? or should I just wait to for the Game of the year edition that comes with all the DLC's at about the same price as the stand alone does. I am starting to regret buying games when they first come out and spending the extra cash to get the DLCs...when it will be nicely packed in the game of the year edition. I already have enough games to play that will tide me over till a Game of the year edition for fallout New vegas comes out....What's your opinion?

#5160 waatulakula

waatulakula

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:33 AM

Hey guys I think it would be awesome if you would give a big congrats and thank you to Dr. Munkee for all the work he did with the CAG team for the Extra Life Marathon. Thanks to him organizing everything us cheap asses managed to raise over $9,000 for Children's Miracle Network