CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6663 replies to this topic

#5641 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:07 AM

I remember when CheapyD was talking about a guy he met who said, he couldn't respect anybody who liked the Transformer's movie. I have to say the same thing about UC3 single player. It would take me hours to describe the glitches story problems etc. IMO this game is almost alpha stage and I don't care what Pachter says. I typed a brief list of the most severe offenders of the campaign and it was over 100 problems.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#5642 SolarLuminosity

SolarLuminosity

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Hey CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck,

I first want to say that I love your podcast and this is the first time I am commenting. You bring up new and interesting viewpoints in an engaging manner. My question is, "Do you think that games like COD and BF should scrap their sometimes sub-par single-player in favor of an even better multiplayer experience?" While games like Halo have a great single-player as well as multiplayer, other games may do better by expending all resources on perfecting multiplayer. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Sincerely,
SolarLuminosity

#5643 dacool561

dacool561

Take a Look at This

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hey Cheapy, New Shipwreck, and Old Shipwreck?

I just read this story here posted on reddit, http://www.reddit.co..._park_jeep_and/. Basically a guy who owns a super sweet Jurassic Park themed Jeep loaned Telltale Games to use for Promos at PAX. It ended being heavily damaged in transportation since Telltale went against their agreement and shipped it via non-enclosed transport. Now the guy is stuck with a damaged Jeep and Telltale won't do anything about it.

My question is a lot of the members of reddit are upset and are canceling their pre-order and vowing not to purchase the game until Telltale corrects this problem with the owner of such an awesome Jeep (me included). Do you think this will have any affect on it's sale if this story gets picked up on bigger outlets (Joystiq,Kotaku,etc...)?

#5644 mbeasley82

mbeasley82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hey Guys, Despite the huge sales (which it will do by name alone) & decent reviews,there seems to be a lot of chatter about MW3 or the "Modern War" era becoming old,stale & over saturated much like WW2 was 5 years ago.
Is it time to bring back WW2 era?
Has it been long enough or should the next wave be another war era?
Perhaps a future but not like an aliens & nerdy future because people love the realism era?
What do you guys think will be the evolution of realistic FPS?
Thanks & I love the show.

#5645 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

Hey Cheapy,

I'm gonna hit Peter Luger Steakhouse this month and due to your expert knowledge on steak, I was wondering how dry aged USDA Prime beef from NY's best compares to top of the line Kobe beef?

#5646 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hey guys, question for Cheapy :

I know you've stated Tai watches you play games, but does he play any, or has he not yet reached the right attention span yet (Not saying that Tai doesn't have the attention span required, just that I have some friends with kids who say they're just not ready yet when I asked about their kids starting gaming)? I was wondering, if Tai hasn't started playing games, would you start him off on the Atari or NES, and work your way up to gain a higher respect for today's games / game history / gaming in general? Just wondering. I think that would be kind of cool. Then again, that's a lot of work / consoles.

#5647 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

Sorry if this is a question you have answered before, but how did the three of you meet?

EDIT: I began listening to the original shows. Man how far you've come from that first 6 minute show. But I'm guessing the Shipwreck I'm hearing about in the Cagbag and forums is the one I've come to love on the Cagcast. So at least that answers one of them...

Edited by 4thHorseman, 18 November 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#5648 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

Shipwreck what are your thoughts on fellow red head Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton?

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#5649 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

With all the recent rumors and discussions about the new console generation, what do you think each company will try to improve on the most for the next console iteration from the last one?

#5650 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

Cheapy, I subscribed to your YouTube channel, and have been digging your vlogs. How about some Skyrim play with commentary?

Will Wombat and Shipwreck also dabble in the vlogging?

Oh, and Cheapy, I think I remember a mention of the Head Blade. Have you used it? And what do you use to shave near your ears? I nicked myself while shaving that off.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

#5651 mr.Grinch98

mr.Grinch98

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

With Shipwreck putting in over 50 hours, Wombat getting time off from the family to play, and even Cheapy putting people to sleep with lightning, how soon before we can get to hear a spoiler edition of Skyrim from you guys?

#5652 Mr.Knute

Mr.Knute

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

How important do you think the last gen console was for the development of gaming. Such as Xbox Live first coming out, which has completely changed the way gaming is today.

Edited by xlaxitive, 19 November 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#5653 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Have any one of you had a Turducken burger? Stuffing birds inside of each other, it's unholy.

Batsugunner.png

#5654 SikFlux

SikFlux

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

Why do you think that the price of dlc never goes down? I can buy Fallout 3 GOTY Edition and get the game and all the dlc for $20.00, but if I were to buy the dlc alone off of xbla, it would cost me $50.00. Shouldn't the price of dlc deteriorate over time?

#5655 hoyteamx

hoyteamx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hi,

Three questions in the hope that one will get answered...

Who is super programmer John?

Cheapy mentioned he lent some ideas to a Destructoid pax panel regarding how to start/manage a website. Anything you can share with us Caggers?

Why is Shipwreck playing office politics and trying to push Wombat out of the cagcast by making snide remarks about him and sucking up to cheapy? He steals skylanders so wombat can`t write a review, criticises Wombats writing, holds back laughing at wombats jokes, shows fake interest in Tai stories....

Cheers,

#5656 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

Why do you think that the price of dlc never goes down? I can buy Fallout 3 GOTY Edition and get the game and all the dlc for $20.00, but if I were to buy the dlc alone off of xbla, it would cost me $50.00. Shouldn't the price of dlc deteriorate over time?

I know this is a question thread, but I'd like to hear a discussion on this also.

This is one of the reasons I don't like and am afraid of "Digital Distribution" games and prefer physical media. Stores have to move their inventory while XBLA/PSN/WiiWare don't have to and we are stuck with whatever price they fix it at.

#5657 hunterrogue

hunterrogue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

With the size of a game like Oblivion and Skyrim, where do you guys fall on the issue of using strategy guides? Fair or foul? Or a necessary tool for games with huge land masses and hundreds of characters and quests?

#5658 daniel pharos

daniel pharos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

This one's for Cheapy,

Daniel here, cagcast fan since around episode 150...

1. concerning your recent voice acting adventure, how do you feel about doing more in that vein? Was it fun, might it be another potential career? I don't need to tell you that you have a cool voice, and with your podcast, I think you have all the equipment you need to record some quick semi-pro voices, or hit a nearby studio for AAA stuff?

2. As a fulltime composer and - more relevant - sound designer (75 games so far) I hire voice actors all the time. I can give you paid jobs every now and then in case you are interested. This week alone I have voice actors working for me on 3 different games, often just a few takes. It's not all huge, of course, many are Iphone games, browser games, non-AAA PC games (whatever pays the bills hehe), but we are also working on a console game scheduled for 2013, and as a composer I work for the soundtrack company who worked on Crysis 2, Alan Wake, Halo Legends... (but that's only music, sorry :)

Cheers,

Daniel

- Daniel Pharos
Composer & Sound Designer for Games
http://www.KnightsOfSoundtrack.com

#5659 testudo

testudo

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Hey Ship, I can't seem to find release dates for all the Skylander stuff? do you have a master list or can you point me in the right direction of how to keep track of all the stuff for the addiction?

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#5660 DirtyBill

DirtyBill

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Cheapy and friends,

I just wanted to check on Wombat's vagina and see if it's still bleeding. It's been a rough couple weeks with him not getting Skylanders sent to him and pouting about being accused of not being funny.

Thanks,
DirtyBill

Spoiler

Edited by DirtyBill, 29 November 2011 - 01:08 AM.

#5661 Psyae

Psyae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:47 AM

Whatever happened to Fire_Thief? It would be awesome if you could also tell the listeners some hilarious background information about him.
Posted Image

#5662 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Seems all three of you have a major hard on for Skyrim. You may have answered this already, as I'm an episode behind, but Wombat mentioned a 3rd person mode on episode 261. Can you play Skyrim in 3rd person mode exclusively, or is it primarily a first person game?

#5663 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

Cheapy why is the xbox dashboard so slow? Please investigate

#5664 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

CheapyD, what are your thoughts on the Subaru BRZ? Does Tai like it too?

Batsugunner.png

#5665 testudo

testudo

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hey Cheapy, please tell everyone who has an iPad 1 not to download Infinity Blade 2. It is very broken, Epic Fail.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#5666 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

One question, I have heard you guys mention raptor and showing stats of how long each other have played Skyrim. What is that all about and can we follow it to see your guys stats?

#5667 fpsReality

fpsReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

Have you guys heard that Gamestop can not sell a used game, even though they may have it in stock, within 15 days of its release? I was at Gamestop trying to get a used copy of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and the Gamestop employee said they have to wait 15 days after its release to be able to sell it. My friend had the same experience trying to buy a used game as well. I am not sure of the reason why they have this new policy. Do you guys know anything about this?!

#5668 Mr.Knute

Mr.Knute

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

How important do you think the last gen console was for the development of gaming? Such as Xbox Live first coming out, which has completely changed the way gaming is today.

#5669 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

Hey guys,

Do you have any memories of GamePro that you'd like to share?

What are your thoughts on the South Park RPG being developed by Obsidian? (The same studio that developed Fallout: New Vegas.) What other TV series would you like to see made into legit role-playing games? (I think Breaking Bad would be fun.)

#5670 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hey Ship, I watched that Pinball movie on Netflix you mentioned on a previous show. I hoped that I would love it like I did the King of Kong, but honestly I was just embarrassed for most of those people. :( How did the movie make you feel? Cheapy and Wombat, have a chance to watch it yet?
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image