CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6634 replies to this topic

#5911 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hey guys, according to a new report by My Nintendo News and several other sources, it looks like UbiSoft has "accidentally" leaked some details about the Wii U, such as price, release date, and an achievements system. If Wii U decides to go ahead with the achievements-like system, what do you think it should be called, what should it look like, how should it work?

Personally, I would like to see them follow through with their Mario background and make their achievements/trophies called Coins, where each one is shaped like one of the Mario Coins and have the achievement pictures on one side. They can have the same objectives it takes to get the achievement or trophy on Xbox 360 and PS3, but just have them more Nintendo-like. Thoughts?

Here's the My Nintendo News link:
http://mynintendonew...by-ubisoft-dev/

Edited by mwmike11, 22 May 2012 - 08:28 PM.
Forgot to post the MNN link in the post

#5912 west goat

west goat

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

How did you come up with that? Here's the real answer: http://www.cheapassg...84&postcount=11

I believe they have talked about Wombat baking bread on his back. It's a passover thing. I didn't remember Shipwreck took it to the next level. Thanks.

#5913 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

If Wii U decides to go ahead with the achievements-like system, what do you think it should be called, what should it look like, how should it work?

The Wii achievements system should be called "pissing contest." :)

#5914 Siegeofpower

Siegeofpower

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

So when are you gonna talk about your PC build?

#5915 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

A new Pepsi flavour is coming out, CheapyD. Tell us about combining the Salty Watermelon flavor versions of Kit Kat and Pepsi. Feel free to use an actual watermelon.
http://inventorspot...._seasonal_treat

Batsugunner.png

#5916 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

When the next gen XBOX comes out how much effort do you think Microsoft will put in Japan? Does MS even need Japan anymore? I'm thinking they are doing fine without.
Posted Image

#5917 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Quick Watch-This-Bitches question:

Are you guys hyped for Prometheus? I think I'm more excited about it than Batman.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#5918 The Ellster

The Ellster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hey Guys. Cheapy, you have said in previous CAGcasts that you have avoided PC gaming due to pains in your hands. Have you had a problem with this now that you have gotten back into PC gaming?

#5919 Dorin

Dorin

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Cheapy, does Wombat have a BIG AZZ CHAIN? You should get him one.

#5920 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

With the announcement Sunday that Epic Games was hiring on the majority of former Big Huge Games (and 38 Studios) developers, and the Kingdoms of Amalur IP in the hands of the state of Rhode Island, what chance, if any, do you think there is that we will ever see anymore Amalur games?

Great show, guys, looking forward to hearing the next show!

http://www.vg247.com...comment-page-1/

#5921 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Have weak game and hardware sales hurt Cheap Ass Gamer? It sure looks like people are on this site as much as they have always been even if they aren't buying games.

#5922 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

What is the most useful swag you got this year, and do you guys get into fights about it, like for the skylanders?

Batsugunner.png

#5923 lyger

lyger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Wombat, as a fellow fan of Tekken I'd like to know if you got a chance to check out Tekken Tag 2 at E3 and what you thought of it. I don't care what Shipwreck thinks of it.

#5924 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

What are your thoughts on rewards programs like Club Nintendo or Xbox live rewards? A waste of time or a good use to get people engaged in your product?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5925 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

What is the most useful swag you got this year, and do you guys get into fights about it, like for the skylanders?

And the worst swag this year?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5926 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

Did this year's E3 provide a big blow to the pre-E3 rumor mill? The big rumor for Sony's press conference was a rumor about Sony investing in cloud gaming for the PS3 by either signing a deal with Gaikai or straight up acquiring them, according to what "sources" told various websites. What we learned afterwards from David Perry is that no such thing ever existed, which is odd to see a big rumor be so wrong about it. The same thing happened with the PlayStation Plus revamp rumors that painted a grandiose picture of what the new form of the service would be, but in the end, it was mostly the same as before. With the way that Sony's E3 surprises are usually leaked beforehand, those two misses were surprising for big rumors that shaped what we were expecting to see. Maybe their mysterious sources are the same as Cheapy's XMB redesign source?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#5927 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

As a website that caters to thrifty gaming, I am surprised that you haven't mentioned the great games being offered for "free" on the Playstation Plus service. Right now you can download Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, Virtua Fighter 5, Warhammer 40K Space Marine, Just Cause 2, Staints Row 2, Infamous 2, and a bunch of smaller titles.

#5928 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Now that once upon a monster is pretty cheap, any chance of picking it up to play with your kids?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5929 NYC10004

NYC10004

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'm surprised you guys didn't have any more thoughts on Dragon's Dogma. Seems like the type of game both Wombat and Shipwreck would have played into infinity and beyond. Not so much CheapyD... being that it's not an iOS app

Just joking Cheapy I figure it's just not you're type of game.

#5930 Guest1321

Guest1321

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

For Cheapy and Shipwreck,
I just bought a Vita and was going to grab some of the mini's on the PS Store. I was wondering what your top 2 or 3 mini's are?

Thanks guys!

#5931 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

Just wanted to say this is the only podcast I make sure to listen to on a weekly basis. Keep up the great work guys.

For Wombat;
This is in reference to you talking about Elliot (apologies if I spelled his name wrong) a few shows back; anyway you said you bought him some of the "little people" batman figures. I was wondering if you also bought him one of the play sets or if you could recommend one as my son also very much likes them.

Thanks again 8-)
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#5932 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hey fellas. Now that Mass Effect 3's Extended Cut is out, have any of you guys checked it out? If so, what did you think of it? If not, why not?

Personally, I thought the endings were nice, even if they SHOULD have been in the game to begin with. Some of the things that were included were probably just thrown in for player bitching, but all in all, I enjoyed it.

Great show, guys! Keep them coming!

#5933 _k1_

_k1_

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

What does Wombat think about the new Google media player, the Nexus Q, which will be manufactured in the US (http://www.nytimes.c...s-a-try.html?hp) and cost $300? Does he have any interest in this device, and do you think it has any significance for the future of electronics manufactured in the US?

--
:ps4: Wolfenstein| :ps3: DWGR | :360: nothing|  :vita: HN:PP| :pc: Random|  :3ds: ACNL,BD:FF| :ps2: nothing| :psp: nothing|  :wii: nothing 

#5934 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

I personally think Google is going to have trouble selling the Nexus Q, since its competition are other settop boxes. $300 vs. $100 for a Roku? It's a nice gesture that it's built in the US, and the company should at least try to milk the advertising during the Independence day weekend.

So, does anybody seriously believe that the heroine of Brave is a lesbian, because she does tomboy things and does the shocking act of running away from an arranged marriage?

Batsugunner.png

#5935 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Question for Cheapy and Ship. Now you both have gaming PCs how much time are you finding yourself playing that over your other consoles (mainly 360?). And with the ability to play with the 360 controller (I assume with most games) will you / do you think you'll be purchasing the majority of new games now for the PC?

And Wombat do you feel left out now? - and if you never come into some spare money think about getting one built for you like Ship did?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5936 IronPatriot1989

IronPatriot1989

IN SOME UNIVERSE, IM COMSTOCK

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Question for all three of you. With so much talk surrounding the Tupac hologram lately, I was wondering if there was one video game character that you could bring to life in that form who would it be?

Keep up the great work you guys!

#5937 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hey Cheap, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

What do you guys think of the controversy involving one of Destructoid's contributors, Ryan Perez, and Felicia Day? The basic gist is that he writes a few Twitter comments at her questioning her credentials to be more than a "glorified booth babe," so he obviously doesn't know her but couldn't put the thought on hold for a minute and check Wikipedia. Her friends raise a stink about it to Destructiod and they write a mostly standard Twitter apology distancing themselves from Ryan's comments and begging for her fans' "understanding," which doesn't seem like the right word to use unless I'm mistaken. If you want, check out the last sentence of his bio on his Twitter profile.

Edit: And Destructoid just posted that they've ended their relationship with Ryan Perez.

Edit 2: Since he changed his Twitter bio, the last sentence was "I love the smell of busty women."

Links:
https://twitter.com/#!/PissedOffRyno
http://twitter.com/V...239291459612673
Spoiler

Apology:

Ryan Perez Comments (Brevity doesn't seem to be his thing):

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 02 July 2012 - 01:03 AM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#5938 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

Will there be a Episode 300 clip show?

#5939 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Here's another PC / mmo request. Since I live my video game experiences vicariously through you guys, can one of you (Ship) start playing SWTOR and get back to us? It's getting cheap and I a fear they will shut it down sooner than later.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#5940 P3rsian247

P3rsian247

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

(Hey guys, love the show, have been listening for a while, but never really went on the forums much.)

Since Shipwreck and Cheapy have jumped into PC gaming, I was wondering if you guys looked forward the Steam summer sale, which happens yearly. It's incredible how low the prices drop, and how a Cheap Ass Gamer (such as yourselves) can end up with so many games for the price of one new release at Gamestop.