Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6692 replies to this topic

#5971 prnceofpwng

prnceofpwng

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

Great job on the cagcast, I was listening to an older episode of the show while mowing the grass and I heard Wombat talk about the George Harrison last will movie. I justed wanted to know what wombat thinks of the Paul mccartney movie, I saw it a few weeks ago and I just laughed my ass off the whole time whenever the Beatles would run into the secret man. Also all the reverse sayings in the Beatles albums and covers are pretty far fetched ...

Edited by prnceofpwng, 02 August 2012 - 07:00 AM.
forgot to add 1st line

#5972 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Cheapy can you explain why you find it necessary to burp into the mic during EVERY episode of the cagcast? It is not funny, crazy, cool, or anything really.

#5973 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Cheapy can you explain why you find it necessary to burp into the mic during EVERY episode of the cagcast? It is not funny, crazy, cool, or anything really.

I love it.....I think he listens to Howard Stern...probably where he gets that from.

#5974 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Question for Shipwreck.....I remember you saying you got some fitness equipment including the fitbit. How is that going?

#5975 Bissyboy

Bissyboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hey guys, i was just wondering if it would be pointless in me picking up mass effect 3 if I have not played the first two mass effect games ?

#5976 Dorin

Dorin

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

My little brother was playing Saints Row the Third and I noticed he had the CheapyD add on. I told him to pick him and he asked "why?" and I replied "He's a real guy, he's cool, I listen to him on the internet". So he called up CheapyD and I was amazed seeing CheapyD in a video game.

My brother then proceeded to fill his his homie full of lead.

"Aww, whyd you do that!?" I asked. "Its funny" he replied.

Anyway, what video game would Wombat like to be in?

#5977 metalmat

metalmat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hey Cheapy I am getting bored of visiting Key West, Prague, South Africa and the U.S. Virgin Islands on my vacations. Could you recommend any other places?
Who Dat said they gonna beat them Saints?
Posted Image

#5978 patches48

patches48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Out of you 3, who would win in a Hot Dog eating contest?

#5979 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck, I really need your advice on a difficult situation. I am turning 30 years old this fall and I find that my passion for gaming is being tested more than ever. I love playing video games and I thoroughly enjoy every opportunity I get to pla, but that's just it, I find that my opportunities are coming further and further apart. I don't so much mind the lapse in time, but I am bothered by the fact that I don't necessarily miss it. I think this crisis started because I have been burned recently by wasting my precious gaming time on sub-par games such as Final Fantasy XIII (and XIII-2...ugh), Kingdoms of Amalur, etc. (sub-par compared to SKYRIM, Mass Effect series, COD, etc). Right now, I have The Witcher 2 ready to go but I can't seem to find the desire to give the disc a spin.

This is a hard pill for me to swallow because I have been a hard core gamer all my life. I still remember unwrapping the NES on Christmas morning in 1987. I remember where I was when I knocked down Mike Tyson for the first time. I remember celebrating for a solid week when I finally beat the Emerald Weapon. Hell, my mother still brags that she was the first in our family to beat Zelda. I guess I just want to know if either of you three have experienced anything like this and if so, do you have any advice to give me to help me through this crisis. Thanks

#5980 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

This is probably going to come out of the blue... but figured I'd ask anyway.

Did you guys go to the arcades and play Mortal Kombat? What were your initial reactions to such a "bloody" game according to the standards at the time? And what are you favorite fatalities throughout the series?

Thanks for the great podcasts. I listen to them all the time during my commute to and from work here in NYC.

@ Kung Fu ZEPHYR:
No offense, but I just don't understand why you would be "bothered" by the fact that you don't miss it. Ok... so what if you don't miss it? It simply might mean that perhaps your interests/priorities in life has simply changed? I think "crisis" might be too strong of a word no?

I also know that you didn't ask me this question, but just figured I would chime in since I am 32 and don't play nearly as much games. Do I miss it? Sure why not. Does it bother me that I miss it? Not really because there are more important things in life than dedicating all my leisure time to playing games. Sometimes life takes precedence you know.

Don't be too hard on yourself, and there is no reason to blame yourself. Just because you find yourself straying away from games isn't necessarily a bad thing. It could simply mean that you have other things to do, and that is fine. We are all human. I, for one, am not a game playing machine.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#5981 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

What do you guys think about the Apple/Samsung trial? Is the judge being unfair by not allowing pieces of evidence entered into the record, or has Samsung hired a bunch of idiots to represent them.

Batsugunner.png

#5982 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Have any of you guys sold anything given to you by video game PR on sites like ebay or at stores like gamestop? Just wondering since Wombat could get a decent amount of money for that platinum sypro skylander.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5983 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

This is a Batman-related comment, so I naturally direct it at Wombat.
I've been listening to the Wombat-recommended "How did this Get Made?" podcast, and they are deconstructing the worst Batman movie ever, Batman and Robin, this week. It was mentioned that in some alternate Bizarro universe where B & R was a successful film, and Tim Burton's horrid Nic Cage Superman film got made, the Nolan Bat films would never have been made, and we would have gotten "World's Finest", a Batman-Superman team up movie starring George Clooney and Nicolas Cage. Think about that, Wombat. Think about it.

#5984 mbeasley82

mbeasley82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

After reading the Kotaku article on standing while playing video games I had to laugh.We all know Cheapy's stance on removing all chairs in the world (j/k) but I remember a couple of months ago Shipwreck Tweeting a couple of times about a new laz-e-boy, the complete opposite of Cheapy.Can Ship be allowed time to give his view on why being comfortable is a better way?

Edited by mbeasley82, 08 August 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#5985 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

CheapyD, I just want to say watching your reaction on your livefeed while playing "Slender" Monday night (Tuesday for you) made my Monday after a stressful Statistics test. :lol:

Will you talk about your experience on this weeks CAG cagcast?

Are you planning on telling Ship and Wombat about the game?

Will you play it again in the future?

Thanks,

EDJ
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5986 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Cheapy, Wombat, and Ship,
I was wondering if you could tell me if this is brilliant or hopeless. I am going to be a college sophomore at a rather tech-savvy school, and for a while I have considered double majoring in game design in addition to my current major of biomedical engineering. Now, I do have a decent amount of scholarships, but to double major would require overloading and taking summer classes, paying from my own pocket. So, I was wondering how likely you think it would be to fund this via Kickstarter with the promise of a game that will eventually released? Would it be worth the hassle?

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#5987 Xo ColdKilla oX

Xo ColdKilla oX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

CHEAPY D:

I'm interning at Mizuho Corporate Bank here in the city for the summer, and was wondering if you could answer a few questions about proper, respectful, Japanese etiquette.

1) How exactly does bowing work? I understand that I'm supposed to bow lower than the other person, but it gets awkward when they bow to me multiple times in the same convo.

2) The use of "San," In e-mails and in greetings, they address each other with that title. Does it go in before the first, or last name, cause I've seen both? Am I expected to use it?

Great show as always, been a listener for over 6 years

#5988 Cheshire Wolf

Cheshire Wolf

CAG BALLER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

Is Shipwreck still playing SHIP SIMULATOR EXTREMES COLLECTION?
(Yes I actually had to look up the name.)
Can a young Fuck get money anymore? - Kanye West

#5989 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

http://www.washingto...KmYQX_blog.html
Some people think Super Pacs are video games, and 40 percent of those surveyed don't know what it is? Do any of you know?

Batsugunner.png

#5990 casamh

casamh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:37 AM

The TopGear guys always say that guys who drive BMWs are tools. Do you guys agree?

#5991 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Quick question for all of you:

Is there a chance that the upcoming Xbox and the upcoming Playstation 4 will have backwards compatibility?

What are your thoughts about this topic?

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#5992 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Reading Rainbow's back in app form, will CheapyD be using it as a teaching tool for the iPad?

Batsugunner.png

#5993 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

How's the standing desk working out for you cheapy? Losing weight? back feeling better?
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#5994 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

So the gaming community collectively gave the immensely successful Penny Arcade guys a half million dollars to remove ads they already ignored anyways. My question is: Are gamers stupid?
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#5995 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

Cheapy, I have a 'watch this bitches' recommendation for you:

Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of Toynbee Tiles

http://movies.netfli...8?trkid=2361637

It's about these tiles found on roads for the past 30 years in northeast US and South America that has a message based on theories presented by Arnold Toynbee and 2001: A Space Odyssey that dead humans can be resurrected scientifically on Jupiter. Just as fascinating as the messages themselves is the search for the person creating and laying these tiles.

Posted Image

#5996 deletion

deletion

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hearing how much Cheapy is starting to buy a majority of his games for his new PC and with no new consoles in sight, gaming making up such a piece of the entertainment market, and brand new game engines by square enix/epic, do you think that if the big name developers begin developing with the new game engines just for the pc (example Epic's fortnight) that they can sway the current console gamers into pc gaming and start another generation of gaming solely on pc? I've been gaming for about 6+ months on my new rig and haven't looked back which i never thought it'd be the case.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#5997 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Cheapy, ever worry that someone will break into your apartment since you've told the internet you're not home?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5998 AcevedoRufino

AcevedoRufino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

I do most of my Amazon shopping from my iphone and there is not a way to provide affiliate support when I shop from the Amazon App. Will there be a way to link over to the Amazon App from the eventual CAG App and continue to support the site?

#5999 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Does Shipwreck and Wombat suffer from any of the symptoms of Skylanders addiction according to the latest issue of Wired:
  • Try it, you'll like it, where you spend only the cash on the starter pack?
  • One more can't hurt, where you buy all four packs at $80
  • I can quit anytime, where you spend at least $300 on additional figures
  • It doesn't control me! I control it! Where you waste up to a grand on the damned toys.
    and finally
  • Don't look at me, where you pledge your immortal soul to Lord Satan and his minions for the rarest figures?

But then again, you guys probably get the toys at a huge discount or virtually free, so no biggie.

Batsugunner.png

#6000 cartoonboy

cartoonboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

Hey guys, Saints row 3 is down to $29 at best buy (canada) , should I hold out for the goty edition? do you know if one is scheduled/coming out? I have $25 in digital dollars (from the best buy visa) that I'm jonesin' to spend on something!