Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6634 replies to this topic

#6001 sam_so_rite

sam_so_rite

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hey guys I just wanted to say I really enjoy the show. Thank you for the time and effort you guys put into it.

Cheapy, dunno if this will help provide "therapy" for your travel related stress or make it worse given your recent feelings on Hawaii. But... I will be going there next week for a friends wedding, and was wondering if you could recommend any good eats/restaurants in and around the Honolulu/Waikiki area so I can almost experience lunch with Cheapy D. Any input is appreciated, although the more inexpensive the better, as I lack the luxurious A-list internet celebrity funds and what not.

Do you guys also have any pro tips for surviving a long (8 hour) flight?

Thanks again!

#6002 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

CheapyD, did you see the new Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) movie? Kotaku gave it a glowing review, calling it the best adapation of an anime/game since the Ace Attorney movie.

Batsugunner.png

#6003 aggravatedMan

aggravatedMan

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hello Cagcast crew. I am a long time listener and usually I don't post questions but I had to get something off my chest. What the heck is going on with the Vita? Where are the games? I see there's a Ratchet and Clank HD collection I'm supposed to play on my PS3 but it would make absolute sense on the Vita. They added PSOne classics that are limited. What is Sony doing and are you still playing your Vita?
Thanks

#6004 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Remind me to never invite @taswell to Cincinnati.

When can we expect the CAGxBombcast ;)

#6005 luckp2828

luckp2828

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hey guys,

This message is for Wombat.

I love dust. But I am Suck. I am at Moonblood camp and i cant get the second generator to do anything. If someone could answer this i would be truly grateful. I would like to send the fixer of my dilemma 5 buck to Walmart. I need an answer please

Thank,
A kid with a controller down.

#6006 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

CheapyD and Shipwrect, did you ever promise Wombat that you would join him in his CBS boycott? Now that a Sherlock Holmes show with Lucy Liu will air, will all three of you break it?

Batsugunner.png

#6007 HustlerKid

HustlerKid

The Real Huey Freeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Hey guys, been a fan of the show for a while.

I was wondering what you guys thought of Playstation All Stars? You guys kinda just skipped the subject last episode. What characters do you think need to be in this game? What do you think of the roster so far? What would you want added to this game as far ad items and gameplay? Why aren't you guys interested? I figured Wombat would be excited about it for sure. Do you guys know anything about it we don't?

Thanks and keep up the amazing work guys.

GTABlueKid.png

#6008 RageATM

RageATM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

I watched MIB3 today and the Griffin guy reminded me so much of wombat.
Please feel free to add me on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ratm69

#6009 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hey guys. So, Cheapy, looks like there are new pics of the new Robocop out on ComingSoon.net. What do you think? Still unsure about the new look, or are you still willing to give it a shot? Gotta admit, it is much better than the first pics I saw of the supposed new look...

"Official" look:
http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=94813

"Rumored" look:
http://themancavedai...d-plot-details/

Great show guys. Keep them coming.

#6010 duran603

duran603

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Had I not fallen in love and gotten married, I would not be excited about the Wii U. But the truth is, I’m married. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great, but my wife neither likes playing games, nor watching me play games. Since getting married, I spend much of my time playing 3DS or Vita with my wife sitting next to me on the couch watching Bravo. This allows me to satisfy my gaming hobby and uphold the “spending quality time together” clause of our prenup. With the Wii U gamepad, I am enthralled that I can play console games without having to create a man cave. Once I get my hands on the Wii U and I’m able to play games such as Assassin’s Creed III on the couch next to my wife, my 3DS and Vita will collect dust. So in this sense, assuming all the games are playable on the Wii gamepad, I see the Wii U not as competition for the 360 and PS3, but for the 3DS and Vita. I acknowledge that gamers like myself don't make up a huge part of the market, but what do you guys think?

#6011 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

CAGcast crew - Have you seen the IGN article showing a potential PSN Store redesign? Assuming the article is true, what do you think of the new look? What do you think of the store in it's current form and what changes do you hope to see?

Posted Image

#6012 GameDemonKing

GameDemonKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

So recently, Mark of the Ninja was released and announced at TGS, is Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. My question for CheapyD, Shipwreck and Wombat is what you think of Yaiba and what are you favorite ninja games?

Also, recently NHL 13 was announced that 2 women hockey players will be playable and I am curious to hear your opinion if you are digging playing female sports players than versus to with male sports players.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts and keep up the good work guys!

#6013 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Now that Shipwreck has had some time with it, does he have any opinions about the Elgato game capture HD device?

#6014 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Any updates on the new look and feel for the site? I remember last holiday season Cheapy mentioned it was almost done but he was waiting until Jan or Feb to release it since the holiday shopping season is so chaotic and important for the site. I don't have any problems with the current site, but shiny and new is always nice :)

#6015 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

I know that Shipwreck and the wife are enjoying Borderlands 2 co-op, any chance of her appearing on the new show to discuss her opinions on the game a little bit?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6016 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

To all 3 of you guys:
What's your favorite color, what's your favorite food, and what do you want to be when you grow up?

#6017 Stewchu

Stewchu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hi guys, I remember back in episode 100 you guys did a "best of" compilation. However, on episode 200, I don't recall you CheapyD compiling a best of for the CAGcast. So my question is, any plans on doing that for episode #300??

I absolutely love the show guys, keep it up

#6018 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Ever feel like saying Fuck it and moving back to America Cheapy?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6019 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

I hope Tai isn't around when you watch this week's Independent Lens, CheapyD. It's a rather somber story about one of worst and lingering social ills, violence against women. I felt that it was great that the Western viewer got to learn about what life is like in underdeveloped countries, but it could've had more conversations with more victims, then again how many victims are willing to talk.

Batsugunner.png

#6020 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Another bump on the episode #300 compilation request. If not a compilation, perhaps a special guest? Maybe one of you guys unveil some deep dark secret? Or better yet, have Ship try to get his wife pregnant by the time 300 comes around?

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#6021 mbeasley82

mbeasley82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

With Cliffy B leaving Epic who wins?

#6022 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

CheapyD, will you go to Lotteria on Tuesday for those stacked burgers that cost 500 Yen? http://kotaku.com/59...-they-have-puns

Batsugunner.png

#6023 AnthonyPower

AnthonyPower

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hi Cagcast,

Went to the Eurogamer expo last weekend in London and one thing that was clear to me is there really is a stark difference in visual fidelity between the con$sole and PC games now. Some upcoming games look like they're already a few years old! The sequels were the ones that looked the best visually, but guess the devs have had time to polish!

*cough* dishonored *cough*

I'm sure you guys have noticed with your recent PC purchases..

I stopped upgrading my gaming PC in 2003 when I started buying Macs; now I have a 360, PS3 and 3DS. Console games have always had the edge for me for these reasons, when the difference in graphics wasn't as big as it is now:

• designed for the hardware so no need to worry about specification or compatibility
  • the hardware is optimised for gam$ing so there’s no wasted components or hun$gry operating sys$tem to consume resources
  • run on hardware that is smaller, quieter (generally) and fits under the TV
  • designed for the controller and TV, I prefer to sit on the sofa than at a desk as do enough of that at work
  • usually the lead publishing platform because they sell more, PCs then get a port which means they often don’t take advantage of the PC hardware

At the expo I discovered the Alienware X51 though. It had a 360 con$trolled plugged in to and could eas$ily be mistaken for a console, especially if you ran Steam Big Screen UI on a TV. So a few of my points are no longer valid. It's four times the cost of a 360 or PS3 though.

So a few questions:

• Do you guys think it's worth getting back in to PC gaming now rather than following the upgrade path dictated by Microsoft and Sony?
  • Are my reasons for sticking with console games still valid?
  • Do you regret your PC purchases at all?
  • And do you think you'll still buy the next-gen 360 and PS3?

Thanks.

Edited by AnthonyPower, 05 October 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#6024 Charred Toast

Charred Toast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Will you three ever try Guild Wars 2?

Here are the reasons I think all three of you would like GW2:

1) Big open world RPG

2) Each race gets there own single player (or coop if you choose) story line with branching paths. Much like Dragon Age 1.

3) Big beautiful open world with tons of nooks and carnies to explore and you gain a lot of experience for exploring.

4) The first game I have ever enjoyed playing alongside people I don't know. I have not met one jerk in this game. I am normally a single player type gamer.

5) The game gives experience and loot for helping other players. If you run up and help a player kill a monster you both get exp and loot.

6) All players can heal and revive other players and get exp for it, so everyone wants to help.

7) You can play with your friends at any level. A level 30 player can play with a level 1 player and both players will get loot and exp for their level.

8) You get just as much exp for crafting and gathering as killing monsters.

9) You do not have to group with other players to play alongside them. You just work together or not. You don't even need to talk to them. Just feels like an NPCs with very good AI.

10) Dynamic Events. You don't talk to NPC to get most quests (exception is your story quest). There are constant events (indicated by a heart on the map) and random events (indicated by a bright orange circle) happening all the time in every area, and usually multiple ways to complete them.

11) One of the best skill systems I have ever seen in a game. Too much to explain here.

12) World vs World vs World PvP: You can but do not have too (almost like a second game) participate in WvWvW. These are four large maps where you can fight for the honor of your server against 2 other servers. This includes taking objective points like castles and such over, and other objectives as well. There are both real players and NPCs to kill. You get exp and loot from both. Everyone is level boosted to max level 80 while in WvWvW, so even a level one can play (you just won’t have all your skills unlocked).

13) Fast travel to any way-point you have discovered. So nice. No reason to run back and forth through areas you have already been through.

14) Very little penalty for death, so you can feel free to adventure in areas over your head.

15) Tons of cool loot, and ways to dress up your character.

16) 91% on Metacritic, and a fantastic Game Trailers review you can check out.
http://www.gametrail...d-wars-2-review

17) Game plays like a cross between Skyrim, Dragon Age, and yes a little like WoW, but I think better than all three. I hate to say WoW because I was not a fan of WoW’s game play. GW2 is only like WoW or any other MMO because there are a lot of people running around. In my opinion the game play is much faster and more dynamic.

18) A Mac version of the game for Wombat.

19) No Subscription Fee. None!!! Just buy the game and play as much as you want. If you need to take a break and play other games, no problem. Just come back later without feeling like you are paying for something you are not using.

Okay, there is on negative. The game has a slight learning curve. Maybe one to two hours to kind of get the hang of how things work. The game does not do a great job on explaining how things work. If you feel a little lost when you start check out the Guild Wars 2 Wiki, or ask people in game. http://wiki.guildwar.../wiki/Main_Page

I hope all three of you, and other CAGs give GW2 a try. I love it.

#6025 Flash Harry

Flash Harry

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Need to get some mention of Boobaroobz and some numnumnumnumnum from Cheapy in Cagcast #300

#6026 GunPanther

GunPanther

I whack the whak before the whak whacks back.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hey guys. Nice CAGcasts. Just wanted to point out one thing that CheapyD stated about the "new" feature in Resident Evil 6 where you can both 'walk & aim' at the same time. CheapyD claimed that Resident Evil 6 is the very first Resident Evil game where you can 'walk & aim'. Just to let you guys know, "Resident Evil: Outbreak" for the PS2 (released in 2004) was actually the very first Resident Evil game that allowed the characters to 'walk & aim'. Just adding trivia. Keep up the entertaining shows. Thanks!
"Not sure how to solve your problems? Fill em' full of lead and see how many problems you have left. "

http://users.ign.com...mleader_panther

#6027 KingrocknLR

KingrocknLR

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

We want to hear the origin story of how you guys all met and ended up working together on the site. If you've told it before, tell it again - it's issue #300! Congrats.

#6028 tinomen777

tinomen777

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

A funny moment from the past was when Wombat was a featured gamer on Xbox Live. I felt bad that he got all the negative messages, but made for great podcast material.

#6029 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

One of the best moments for me was the whole Wombat/RAM debacle which resulted in Wombat saying "you know what else has RAM? My cock" and Cheapy replying with "when you skullfuck me". Didn't expect that and I lost it.

Notable mentions include Wombat and Shipwreck singing Lana Del Rey's Video Games, Cheapy D's impressions (especially Javik from Mass Effect) and when one of Sabrina's toys told the other that they didn't want to get married yet because they still had things they wanted to do in their life.

#6030 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hey,

Quick CAGcast memory: This sounds cheesy, but -having kids yourselves, Wombat and Cheapy- you can probably appreciate it.

I discovered the podcast right around the time my second kiddo was born. As you probably remember, one does a LOT of late night walking one's kiddo to sleep. Well, many were the times I had to stifle a laugh as I was listening to my 3rd or 4th hour of your back catalog while pacing the room with my sleeping baby girl. It helped whittle the hours away, and I really appreciate it.