CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6626 replies to this topic

#6031 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

As for a question: If you had to pick only one (pretend that you guys were actually still cheap), which would it be this November: Halo or Call of Duty?

#6032 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Question for CheapyD:

I'm a long time member (remember the cloudspekk incident?) have been pretty committed to visiting almost daily, but I feel the moderators have killed the forums and discussions that go on at times. Do you enforce this level of moderation? If not, do the moderators have rules you give them to follow on what to allow and what not? It's frustrating to see posts just disappear sometimes. The interesting discussions that can go on and come up help make some posts and the site overall more interesting and lively.

Thank you for the effort you have put towards the podcast, it's one of the very few I continually still listen to weekly.

- Chris

#6033 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Halloween is coming soon, and what movies are the guys planning to watch this year?

Batsugunner.png

#6034 hyndsyte

hyndsyte

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

While the system certainly needs to be optimized. The main reason downloads on PS3 take so long to download and then install is more a limitation of the OS the system uses. While the Xbox using windows as a base can download and install simultaneously. The PS3 is linux based. Linux makes sure the entire packet has been downloaded with out errors, al la lost connection, before the installation takes place.This is why the system downloads then makes you wait while it installs the program afterwards. Owners of Android phones have this happen to them also. Download a game from the Play store and it downloads then installs the game after. Google's OS is Linux based also. I agree it is a pain and a serious upgrade is needed. Though may always be slower to Microsoft's download and install at the same time process.

#6035 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

With the CAGcast undergoing a redesign, will you talk about the new Wendy's logo?

Batsugunner.png

#6036 Dani8l

Dani8l

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Just wondering did Wombat or Cheapy D check out the new show called Arrow about the DC character The Green Arrow?

#6037 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Cheapy,

Do car dealers ever get suspicious because you look at, sit in and photograph these high end cars but never buy any. You think they see you and groan know that you're just going to waste their time?

#6038 Sowiejathon

Sowiejathon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hey guys. I was playing Borderlands 2 last night when my almost 2 year old turned off my ps3. This usually wouldn't be a big deal, but I had just used my golden key in Santcuary and collected the gear. When I turned the game back on, my golden key was gone along with the loot. I lost my e-tek gear and the key...woe is me. Either of you have any stories about lost progress and your kids? Would Gearbox listen to a sob story like mine and give me another key? Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

#6039 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Any of you guys try the youtube app on the PS3? It is designed surprising well.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6040 testudo

testudo

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

What are your feelings on the abundance of new 14.99 'tech demos' on PSN?

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#6041 andyfilm

andyfilm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

I assume Wombat supports Obama, based on comments he's made about gay marriage, which I applaud. My bigger concern is who does Shipwreck support? He is in probably the most important battleground state in the country, and I know he is a very religious dude (nobody's perfect). Wombat, could you use your powers of persuasion to make him see the light if he's leaning Romney. I'm pretty sure 1% Romney would make fun of a guy like Shipwreck and his (our) nerd hobbies.

#6042 mbeasley82

mbeasley82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hey Cheapy it seems that since you got your PC you are playing a lot more games than before,but every game you play is on PC what would get you back to console gaming? Also you made such a big deal about wireless hdmi to play on your tv but it seems like you only play on your monitor, why is that?

#6043 blumpies5

blumpies5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hey CAGeteers,
We all know about Shipwrecks adventure at a sporting event not ending well for him (Reds) but what was the last sporting event Wombat or CheapyD have ever gone too or plan to go to?

Keep up the good work you guys, especially Wombat.
Also on a tangent go Giants!

#6044 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

The real question here is this:

What in the flip dip doodle were you singing in the last CAGcast?

#6045 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Fathers,

Any child emergency room stories yet?

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#6046 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Cheapy got Foosball for vita/ps3 and Shipwreck got NBA Baller Beats. What would Wombat's game that nobody else in the world seemed to have played be if he could have one?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6047 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

What are your thoughts on Star Citizen? I'd love to hear you guys discuss the project and let us know your feelings. Are you guys donating to this? (Apologies if you've already discussed this, I'm behind a week or two on your podcasts)

#6048 danchilders

danchilders

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

So Lauren Wainwright had multiple conflicts of interests, tried to cover them all up when caught, threated a lawsuit and then bragged about it on twitter.

http://wosland.podga....rightmedia.jpg

And you guys have the nerve to call the guy who she threatened a dick and just call her young and misguided? WTF, guys. I thought I respected you.

http://penny-arcade.....-why-this-stor

#6049 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

What do you guys think about Disney acquiring LucasFilm? Thoughts/expectations on the next 3 Star Wars movies?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6050 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

First off, hope everything goes well for the Wombat Clan and Cheapy's parents. Glad to see the storm wasn't as harmful for them as it could be and has been for many other Americans.

My question this week, which looks like it's been asked already: what are your thoughts and feelings about Disney-owned LucasFilms and George Lucas stepping down, along with the announcement that Star Wars Episode VII, having officially been announced, will only see Lucas as a creative consultant? Hopefully optimistic for the movies, after seeing the treatment Avengers and the scenes we've seen of Iron Man 3 have gotten with Disney as a financial backer? A certain sense of dread?

#6051 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hope everything is ok with Wombat and his family, the CAGcast would not be the same without you.

For this week's CAGcast, I was wondering what your thought were for the Vita.

Recently there was a thread created on CAG titled "Is a PS Vita worth it?".

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330742

This thread stirred quite the debate and I was curious of your thoughts (Cheapy, Wombat, Shipwreck) on the Vita and it's outlook into 2013 and beyond.

Personally, I had a Vita but ended up selling it because of the lack of games that interested me on the handheld. The games that I did find appealing were much more enjoyable on my PS3 with an actual controller (Uncharted, MGS, UMVC3).

I will probably pick one up again in the future, but looking at the game lineup, I'm not sure that won't be in another 2-3 years.

Thoughts?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6052 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hey guys, love the show. I've been listening for a few years now, but I go through weird video game / Blu-Ray phases, so most of the time I'm just playing catch-up with all the CAGCasts. I usually get back into gaming full-on around this time each year, specifically because you guys keep us all posted on the excellent Black Friday Deals (which I scored big-time on game purchases in the past three years). Basically, because of your site, I've learned that it's better to wait to pick up a lot of recently released games in the Fall until Black Friday. Odds are, they'll be 50% off come Black Friday, so I've found the past few years I've been doing this. My first question is, what games do you expect to be Black Friday contenders this year? I'm thinking Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Medal Of Honor : Warfighter, Need For Speed : Most Wanted, and Black Ops II.

My second question is for Cheapy (even though since we're both fans of the original, I'm sure we have the same opinion on this) : What do you think of the Robocop reboot? I thought it could have been promising until I saw the suit and the vehicle. The suit from Christopher Nolan's Batman series on a streetbike? I'll take the silvery blue suit with a matte black 80's Ford Taurus any day over that!

Anyway, keep up the great work everybody, and I can't wait for the Black Friday fun to begin! :)

Edited by Miada, 01 November 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#6053 outrider31

outrider31

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Dear Shipwreck,
Have you every considered hosting a CAG rally somewhere in the Cincinnati area? I am a university student in the area and would love to socialize and network with fellow CAGs.

#6054 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Do you guys have a preferred device for Netflix streaming, now that there are so many options? I just got an Apple TV and was shocked out how pretty the Netflix UI was, compared to everything else out there. It will probably replace the PS3 as my preferred Netflix device, unless there are some performance issues I'm not aware of.

P.S. I was starved for entertainment during hurricane Sandy, when I discovered two CAGcasts saved locally on my iPhone. A pleasant surprise since I normally listen via the website, and had forgotten about my iTunes podcast settings. Thanks for rescuing me from my first-world white people problems!

#6055 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

Hey guys,

Any chance I can get a cag response to the Free to play Developer Diary video for Star Wars The old Republic ? One of the purchasable items is an axe... that's right, a god damn axe over a lightsaber. What the hell is going on here? Thanks.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#6056 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Should I get a Vita or 3DS? Two great Black Friday deals/bundles are coming up and I need help making a decision. If you could only own one of the two which would you pick after owning and playing both?
Posted Image

#6057 mbeasley82

mbeasley82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hey guys, do you think that all Nintendo exclusives will be Wii U (no more Mario on Wii) & what about 3rd party games exclusive & non exclusives?

#6058 steakfest

steakfest

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Hello,

I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now. It's the highlight of my weekly commute to the office. I've got a CAG Bag / Watch This Bitches question for you.

I recently stumbled upon Real Steel on cable, and was inexplicably entertained by this movie... Am I alone? Should I see a doctor or something?

Anyway... Great Show, keep it up!

#6059 patches48

patches48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Do any of you guys plan to play the new Skyrim DLC Dragonborn? Did you ever play Dawngaurd? How is the CAG crew feeling about Skyrim a year later?

#6060 GORILMONSTA

GORILMONSTA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

I guess wombat forgot about LA noir from Rockstar.
Posted Image