CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6652 replies to this topic

#6061 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Any plans to start running competitions on the main page again?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6062 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

Does Wombat even like to play games anymore?
Time to get back into the groove.

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#6063 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Wombat has to be careful about his electricity, especially since LIPA has a very delicate system.

CheapyD, at least you stopped using your Kinect because Microsoft filed a patent earlier this month that can let the company watch you through a camera to make sure that you bough a license to watch a movie. http://www.gamespot....viewers-6399616 How do the guys feel about this? Is this a great deterrent to piracy, especially to stop those from loading downloaded movies on the 360 or 720, or will it hurt launch sales due to the specter of violated privacy?

Batsugunner.png

#6064 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

I'm sure you will cover both my questions in the show this week, but I figured I'd ask anyway, just in case.

1. With BioWare starting production on Mass Effect 4, and Casey Hudson taking suggestions from fans, would you rather see the next game (presumably trilogy) as a prequel or sequel? No, "I'd rather not see it" is not an answer.

2. Did any of you play the DmC demo this week? If so, what were your thoughts on it?

#6065 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

So Wombat and Shipwreck, did you do all your Black Friday shopping at home, avoiding the craziness at Wal mart?

Batsugunner.png

#6066 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Can we do Games for the Troops again instead of Child's Play this year? I think I could get a active duty solider with an addy if need be.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6067 ProfessionalManChild

ProfessionalManChild

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Wombat, as the official Lego game player on Cagcast, in your expert, (I actually played a game for once opinion), which one is easiest to play with a 3 year old girl. I too don't get to play many games between work and family, and want to get her addicted young to selfishly feed my own habit. Thanks for making my job bearable for an hour or so each week.

#6068 foltest121

foltest121

Demo Team!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

:DHey guys just wondering what games did you buy this Brown Thursday and Black Friday. I bought several shooters such as Battlefield 3 Premium, Spec Ops: The Line and the first Blops as well as Saints Row: The Third.

#6069 mbeasley82

mbeasley82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

do you guys think that MS & Sony's next consoles have a bar set by the Wii U either feature or price wise?

#6070 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Cheapy, how many CAGs bought the Assassin's Creed Vita bundle? The thread was one of the most active BF threads. We're all dying to know!

#6071 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck.

Do you guys think it'd be a good idea if Sony copied Nintendo on the tablet, except used the Vita as the standard controller for the PS4, but also allowed Dualshocks 3s to still be usable on the system?

With how poorly the Vita is selling, if every single PS4 included a Vita in order to compete with Nintendo, it'd make every PS4 owner be a Vita owner. Maybe it'd get more third party developers to develop on the Vita? Maybe Sony could try harder to push third parties to join doing cross buy by offering a higher percentage of profit, which could possibly steal sales from the other two console manufacturers with multiconsole games, etc. Sure Sony would have to take a loss on the bundle, but the Vita should be a lot cheaper to produce by next year, and Sony would be gaining profit from Vita game sales and PS4 game sales.

Even if the tablet gimmick isn't something that doesn't interests you, what is your opinion on it.

#6072 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

With the WiiU now out, with some disappointing thoughts all around, will Nintendo feel pressured to release another console before the xbox 4 and ps5 generation comes in an effort to get more on track w them while still competing w the ps4 and xbox 720?

Hard way to phrase that question. i guess will nintendo ever "catch up" to have consoles on par w the competition so their console isnt made irrelevant almost immediately to gamers like the wii/wiiu?

#6073 JSD

JSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hey Shipwreck, I'm going to be in Cincinnati (around Reading) for a few weeks this December visiting my in-laws. Any suggestions of activities and sights to see for an out-of-towner?

#6074 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

In regards to this multi-episode karaoke debate I'd thought I might as well set the record straight finally.

The word itself is made up of two Japanese words, Karrapo meaning "empty" and Okusutura meaning "Orchestra" (borrowed word). The word Kara-oke broken down means literally, empty orchestra, as in, no vocals.
Pronunciation: Care-A-Okay

It started in the 70's in a bar in Japan when the bar's scheduled musician didn't show up. The manager decided to hook up some mics and a stereo and had the customers sing along, and it proved insanely popular.

The manager, got rich off of this and all the bars in Kobe, which is the official birthplace of Karaoke had karaoke nights.

Soon after a visiting engineer from Pioneer Electronics saw this and created a machine that played the music AND rolled the lyrics creating the karaoke we know today.

There are currently over 100,000 karaoke bars and businesses dedicated solely to hosting karaoke.

The more you know :D

#6075 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

I'm not sure how far it's spread but Humble Bundle is getting flak for their Humble THQ Bundle
https://plus.google....sts/4zB3ARPyAsd

Some gamer claiming HumbleBundle "sold out", deceived everyone, and forgot about their mandate to Linux with their windows only, DRM required, non-indie bundle.

Since these people are clearly blowing a small issue way out or proportion how bad do you think the whiplash is going to be from everyone changing their minds on Humble Indie Bundle 7 (the next number)

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#6076 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

http://appleinsider....bled-in-america

@Wombat
Now that there are Macs that are for all intents and purposes made in America when you next need a computer will you make sure you get one even if it requires hopping on eBay? (Based on the article I don't anticipate stores advertising which boxes were American and which were Chinese in manufacture)

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#6077 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Guys, you've discussed that there's no such thing as a tv that's too big. Seems like you have the room for the newest Westinghouse TV, at 110 inches. http://www.engadget....110-inch-4k-tv/

Batsugunner.png

#6078 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Just as Microsoft wanted to do with its Kinect monitoring system, Verizon also wants to do the same for its Fios TV customers. This time, Verizon's new DVR machine wants to air ads based on what the built-in cameras sees. http://arstechnica.c...ur-set-top-box/ If Apple patented this system, if it hasn't has already, most people, especially CheapyD, wouldn't bat an eye right? Instead praise this violation of our privacy as a means of innovating the advertising world.

Batsugunner.png

#6079 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Pronunciation: Care-A-Okay

That is not possible. Japanese pronunciation of letters is always the same.
Ka-Ra-O-Ke

#6080 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

There are often games that debut at at the Spike Video Game Awards, like Skyrim, Spec Ops, Halo Reach and many others in the past.

What would you love to see announced at the VGAs tomorrow?

I am hoping for:
Fallout 4
Destiny (Bungie's new project)
Alan Wake 2 (Although I think they will save this for E3.)

#6081 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

How about you guys discuss this article. http://winsupersite....-mac-os-x-steam

After just four weeks Windows 8 has passed the amount of users on Steam it took Mac OSX two and half years to reach.

#6082 Dani8l

Dani8l

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Are you guys stilling watching Arrow if so what do you think of it?

#6083 darkwood78

darkwood78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Do you think Sony or Microsoft would be willing to wait another year to release new systems using something other than updated graphics as the draw?? We all know games will look great (the sheep will flock to Modern Warfare) in the new consoles but what is really the next big craze? Can they wait for results from Wii U, the Oculus Head unit and other new devices. Kinect 2 with advanced camera integration that actually works would be nice but do we really need a Sony "Next Moves" (lol). I want innovation not a graphical overall that won't be leaps and bounds better. Your thoughts?

#6084 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

what up, nerds?

what is your most regrttable gaming purchase for 2012? what's the best?

#6085 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

http://www.colbertna...2/low-t---low-o

Have you guys heard of a "testosterone supplement" called Androgel? Supposedly it's supposed to enhance your virility, but carries some dangerous side effects. Living beings should not come in contact with it, and if you do you'll have to wash it down with soap and water immediately. Funny how bodily fluids require bleach or any industrial strength cleanser, but Androgel, although dangerous, can easily be disposed of with a little soap. Have you guys encountered any funny and bizarre pharmaceuticals?

Batsugunner.png

#6086 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

What do you guys think the odds are of "Enhanced" editions of current gen games coming out on next gen systems. For example a Bioshock Infinite port with graphics like that of the upcoming PC version.

If so, what other features could be included and at what price should they be?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6087 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

the ea/insomniac game overstrike which was rebranded as fuse has a new trailer. any thoughts on the gritty battlefield-esque treatment?

#6088 CampingKev

CampingKev

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

From user: CampingKaraoke

I was dismayed to hear Cheapy was tricked by the pricing for Xbox karaoke, despite having lived in Japan for so long. Obviously American companies are unable to make a Japanese business model fun or successful without deception. For the last 3 years I've been paying Japanese karaoke company "Joysound" my well-earned money for time credits on my Wii and avoiding extortion of karaoke rooms in Japan. Consider this little-known party tool:

Karaoke Joysound Wii Super DX (region-locked, Japan only)
300 Wii points -> 24 hours
500 Wii points -> 3 days
1000 Wii points -> 30 days
2000 Wii points -> 90 days

Nice, I can already hear Wombat screaming, "What, those Samurais sing for 90-days straight?" It's 90 days of access to a 78,000 song catalog, about the cheapest form of entertainment I know. They have Twisted Sister and Cheapy Trick, to boot.

Playstation 3 now has a free app "Joysound Dive" available if you create a Japanese PS3 account:
300yen -> 24 hours
1,000yen -> 30 days

Everyone sing:
"Microsoft Xbox, you're to blame, you give karaoke, a bad name [bad name]"

#6089 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Anyone worried about the future of Saints Row with THQ declaring bankruptcy? Damn you uDraw!!!

#6090 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

what lead company would you rather see pick up the slack from thq?