• Please log in to reply
6551 replies to this topic

#6091 Breathcore

Breathcore

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Question for Shipwreck:

I too am a red headed Cincinnatian, considering how rare of a breed we are in Cincinnati; Do you think we could be distant cousins? Full creep mode here.

-Shipwrecks #1 fan

#6092 Spartan V07

Spartan V07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

edit:nm

Edited by Spartan V07, 30 December 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#6093 darkwood78

darkwood78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Still playin Farcry 3? Great game, best man ending ever .... major spoiler..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Spoiler

Edited by CheapyD, 17 January 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#6094 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Two questions this week...

This one is more for Shipwreck, since he seemed to enjoy Darksiders II more than the other two, but what do you guys think the odds are for Darksiders III and IV now that THQ is going under? Second, what are your most anticipated games of 2013, if this is, indeed, the end of this generation of games?

#6095 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

Xbox Smartglass has been out for a couple of months now and I've been trying out the app on my Nexus 7 to much disappointment because very few games support it, but those that do don't use it for anything that's even close to what Microsoft hyped up as its potential at E3 last year. All of the XBLA games I've played on this list just give me links to a few relevant websites, a list of controls, and an achievements list, which seems more like what you'd expect as generic universal support across all games rather than the unique support that they worked on for those few games. Would it be safe to call this a failure at this point because it seems to have been rushed to launch alongside Windows 8 without any significant content to back the E3 hype?

#6096 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Here's my question, if the used games market does go away, would we see better deals for new games, or more price drops? What would a world without usd games look like?
Posted Image

#6097 Flash Harry

Flash Harry

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Lego Marvel Super Heroes assemble autumn 2013!!!

#6098 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Since Cheapy liked the Walking Dead game, will he watch the show and read the comic?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6099 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

If the new Xbox came with a Leap Motion controller instead of a Kinect how likely would you be to use it? It fits Cheapy's criteria of being small and unobtrusive. The demo video shows it being used to play a shooter game.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6100 ternatsof

ternatsof

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm a huge Fallout3 fan and I know you are too (except for Shippy....)

- Are there any features you would like to see in the next iteration of the Fallout franchise?
- Do you think it will be coming out for this or the next console generation?

Thanks in advance!

#6101 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

I hope I'm not too late for this, I just got home from work and realized you guys were doing the CAGcast tonight...

What are your thoughts on the User Reviews of DmC: Devil May Cry on Metacritic, particularly that the fans of the last games are intentionally tanking the game for the sole reasoning that the game is a reboot and not a proper sequel? Sniveling whining from a fanbase with a large mouth, or is it a realistic reaction to a game that, as far as I can tell five levels in, is just as good, if not better, than the original series?

#6102 Parley

Parley

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hey CAGcast,

I have been listening to the show since the XBOX pearl incident. I loved who you guys handled the disgruntled person from Kotaku because you basically pointed out the problems with video game "journalism" .

That being said, I am a physician who specializes in anesthesiology, cardiac, and critical care but I have to qualify that I am not a foot doctor. I don't know much about feet in general but I just think it is funny how Cheapy is always trying to do things more naturally like buy special shoes.

Take a look at Cheapy's life, he lives in the city that as far from natural as possible and here is Cheapy keeping it real by trying to walk like a caveman. Let me say I don't think that it is wrong but just interesting.

Love the show, keep doing it and I look forward to hearing about Cheapy's next adventure of hunting/gathering his own food because it is more natural.

P.S. I live somewhat close to Shipwreck, we should go get a beer sometime.

#6103 Emiroo

Emiroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Hey Cheapy -

What kind of crazy shit do they have in Japanese arcades these days? Surely there's something fun to tell us about.
Posted Image

#6104 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

watch this bitches!- have you fellas seen the halo 4 & battlestar galactica machinema series?

questions!
-what is your IP fantasy reboot for 2013? i'm still hard behind mutant league football...
-with the new blood pumping through mobile gaming(android, ios, nintendo, cough*vita*) and the possible expansion of consoles(ouia?, piston/steambox, pc-powah!, sony & xbox) could this be the time for a staggering nintendo to gracefully step away from consoles?
-what is your most common adult beverage for gaming?

#6105 Jackhole

Jackhole

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hi guys,

Last week you got asked what your most anticipated games of the year were. I don't feel like you were properly prepared to answer that question. That's why I took the initiative and made a spreadsheet for you (Shipwreck style). So here you go, green games have already come out, blue have a solid release date, and red don't have a release date. It's fairly up to date and it has just about every major release on it. So, if you want, check that out, and let us know if anything new pops out at you.

#6106 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Hi guys,

Last week you got asked what your most anticipated games of the year were. I don't feel like you were properly prepared to answer that question. That's why I took the initiative and made a spreadsheet for you (Shipwreck style). So here you go, green games have already come out, blue have a solid release date, and red don't have a release date. It's fairly up to date and it has just about every major release on it. So, if you want, check that out, and let us know if anything new pops out at you.

Sweet spread my man!!

Dear Hosts, any interest for changing the formula for the "Game of the Year" episode? Could be fun, but requires some work.

Spoiler

Thanks!!

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#6107 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Wanted to get the CAG crews thoughts on the upcoming game/TV show combo Defiance. Syfy has been showing some behind the scenes stuff and it actually looks promising. (Link to the Defiance YouTube page.)They have some of the writers of Battlestar Galactica on board. Did you get to try the game part at E3 or see the pitch about how the show and games were going to tie-in to each other?

Edited by banodyne, 21 January 2013 - 09:10 PM.
YouTube link

#6108 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

If I remember right, Cheapy got you guys a gamefly sub awhile ago. What are your honest opinions? Also what happened to Shipwreck's reviews? If he needs help, let me know.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6109 Vangerdahast

Vangerdahast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

So Cheapy, I moved to Peru from the US a year ago & due to a lack of access to my American multi-media stuff I started listening to your podcasts & you guys are great. So thank you. Can you give me any advice for getting more access to American programming, games, etc.? I have US versions of a PS3 (downloadable games are huge for me even though I prefer my 360), a 360, a WiiU (gift for my young kids) & I'm region locked from so many awesome apps. I heard you mention Hulu +. Also, I loved Silent Hill. Did you see Silent Hill 2 & would you recommend it?

Edited by Vangerdahast, 23 January 2013 - 07:33 PM.
Spelling

#6110 shaft2000

shaft2000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I may be wrong but i thought i remember Cheapy saying that he had watched Raid: The Redemption. If so, did you notice how similar the story-lines were?

#6111 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Now that we basically know the new owners of most of the THQ titles, what are the odds that Vigil will make it through the purge, and that we will see anymore Darksiders in the future? Seems like Saints Row is safe, and at one point it was reported that Vigil was taken up by 2K, but that was later denied...

#6112 Majin Stan

Majin Stan

You have a little CAG left on your face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

hey, i was really surprised not to hear you guys talk of this already so, what do you think of the upcoming Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes , game on pc. From the Diablo style gameplay and the available pre-purchase "Founders Pack" with the single char $20, to the holy shit its $200 Ultimate. What are your views on this, and do you think it will go gangbusters with bringing together the non-age pacific Marvel universe into a Diablo format of gameplay, or will it fizzle out like D3 and DC Universe?

gallery_474050_8161_82857.jpg

#6113 testudo

testudo

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Cheapy

I am very curious about your thoughts on all of this.

http://majornelson.c...web-journalism/

http://x-surface.tumblr.com/

AKA Cheap Ass Gamera
"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Listen to the best podcast in the sustainable world: RSS

#6114 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

What snacks or foods are you looking forward to this year? Will it be a burger wrapper that you can eat?

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#6115 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

I just watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi based on your recommendation from a while ago. I really, really enjoyed it. Do you have any other suggestions for documentaries that are on Netflix--preferably ones that aren't depressing!

Edited by Zaku77, 29 January 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#6116 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Any portable game recommendations? I've played the heck out of Plumber Crack, and it seems there's a must play game for the Vita according to Kotaku, where you flick the panties off some chick.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#6117 Melbolt65

Melbolt65

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

I am listening to old Cagcasts and way back on episode 60-something, Wombat had just gotten a new job, which led him to speak about what some non-gaming industries do to ensure customer retention from product release to product release. This generation of consoles had just come out at the time and he concluded that the gaming industry places very little to no effort on customer retention. As we are approaching the next console generation, do any of you feel that this has changed in any way at all since his original conclusion? Other thoughts on this?

#6118 ternatsof

ternatsof

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Just read in another thread about a fellow CAG who is okaying with the idea to buy a gun | self-protection.

What is your stance on that?
Do any of you own guns?
I'm imagining that things are different in Japan?

Cheers

#6119 ternatsof

ternatsof

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hey there another one! :)

So I've been listening to old episodes lately (150 currently).
Back then you Cheapy talked a lot about Cag 2.0 and how SPJ did a great job on it and how this man (or is he ?) is working his butt off.

Maybe there is a later episode where SPJ is on the show, and all these questions are answered, however I would like to know:

What training did SPJ have?
How does he keep up with current trends in Web Development?
What do I've to do to become as god-like?

#6120 Dantarp

Dantarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

The new Tomb Raider limited edition controller is described as:

inspired by Lara’s iconic climbing axe and bandages

Did you know she had an iconic climbing axe?

I heard Major Nelson say this in a video describing the controller and did a triple take. I can't speak for anyone else, but a climbing axe is not what comes to mind when I think of the Lara Croft or the Tomb Raider series.

Source:
http://www.xbox.com/...er?uid=20067453

ach.png