CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6661 replies to this topic

#6361 andyfilm

andyfilm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Do you think there will be a big resell market through the holidays for the new consoles? I've pre-ordered two of each console with the thought to perhaps sell one set but I'm sensing this may be different than other launches and inventory will be plentiful. What do you think?

#6362 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

What is the benefit of the Steam OS over console gaming? Why turn the PC into a de facto console without all of a console's inherent advantages (uniform hardware, etc)?

A lot of gamers held off on the PS3 and Xbox 360 in favor of the Wii and PS2. Do you guys foresee this happening with the 360 and PS3 (especially given the economic circumstances)?

Been listening since day 1. Thanks for doing a great show for all these years.

PaulManda.png

#6363 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

(Edited, moved)
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#6364 SlavetodaBOX

SlavetodaBOX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

This question is for Cheapy. I noticed one of your earlier videos on YouTube was about the "not so talked about" PS3 Blinking issue with HDMI cables. I've read numerous articles and the only fix seems to be look for a different TV. I find it a little ironic such a wide spread issue gets such little attention. The PS3 has been out since November of 2006 in North America, why hasn't this lazy ass company addressed this issue, with the PS4 launch only 5 weeks away I'm sure they will ignore this problem and press forward with the new hardware. Some people may feel this is a non-issue, however when looking for help on the subject I came across numerous complaints (Google PS3 Blinking and you get 581,000 hits).  I'm currently on my 3rd PS3; first one overheated, second one had HDMI blinking issues and was traded off and third one has been blinking for almost 18 months. Just interested in your two cents.

fs_xbox.png

"If it's good news or money, leave a message."

#6365 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

Gentleman,

This is my first time listening to CAG during a release cycle of major consoles (except if you count the Wii). This may sound dumb but are any of you actually excited about the new XBox or PS? I don't mean for that to appear condescending, but after listening to debates and discussion, it's hard to pick up on any enthusiasm regarding these two consoles. I really wanted to bring this up as a discussion point - I have not yet heard or picked up on any sense that you guys really want to play either system. If this is true, I am in the same boat, as PC gaming took my soul several years ago. I'm just not psyched about what I've read and heard so far about these two machines. 

Thanks for the good show guys.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#6366 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Question for all of you:

I'm really interested in what you guys have to say about the RertroN 5. Will any of you be buying it? Did you preorder? If you plan on getting it, do you like the black or grey model better? Personally, I couldn't be more excited for it. All the gameplay videos and first hand impressions have been very positive. The fact that it up converts is excellent. The gameplay videos Hyperkin has released look great. In some of the videos they've released, they actually show gameplay on the console with no smoothing, etc. Then midway through, they turn on their settings and enhancements. I can't even believe the difference it makes. But the big feature for me is save states. It's going to be huge to not have to worry about "does this cart's save battery work" when I'm purchasing games for the classic systems. What are your thoughts and what opinions do you have of this console is basically what I'm asking.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#6367 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

When is Cheapie going to test one of these stand up desk accessories out for the standing members of the CAG community?

http://www.anthro.co...iptical-Trainer

#6368 Emiroo

Emiroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

With the next-gen launches coming up, what do you guys think are the odds of another hardware debacle like they had with the 360?  I had to send my launch 360 back four times before it was fixed for good and it still sounds like a jet engine whenever it is on. 

Do you think the manufacturers learned anything or will they always sacrifice initial run quality to hit those shipping target numbers?

Posted Image

#6369 Ghetto Sithlord

Ghetto Sithlord

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Do you guys think GTA online is suppose to be part of GTA V as a complete game or is it a different game altogether?  I've noticed that critics officially reviewed the game without GTA online being available and now that it is, naturally there are numerous problems with GTA online that are being experienced by gamers. Did Rockstar purposely delay the online component of the game because they knew it was going to be riddled with problems and didn't want the review scores to be negatively influenced because of it? Also if this game was a game done by Activision or EA with the exact same online issues that is currently being experienced by GTA Online, would they get more negative feedback from gamers and gaming journalists with the online issues thus Rockstar getting a free pass due to their "flawless" reputation?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6370 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Leading on from your decision on the last show about console hard drive space, don't you think from this point it's stupid xbox and playstation are shipping with 500GB HDDs? Would it really hurt to just throw in a 1 or 2 TB in there? I understand all the casual / soccer mums / call of duty / madden people aren't really affected by the lower 500GB hard drive. But for the rest the extra GBs would come in very handy with digital downloads and installing games for the gamers.

What is it - price reasons? Wanting us to pay out more down the line for bigger HDDs? Why not just have the option for people to open up and put in any size HD they want like you can with the PS3?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6371 Icedus

Icedus

Starpointer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Tell me where you guys see SEGA in five years.  All-Stars Racing Transformed aside, they've been working very hard this year to kill the two-decade hard-on I've had for them, and I want to know what you guys make of their antics of late.

#6372 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Why was Wombat so indifferent about the Injustice Ultimate version on his twitter feed?

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6373 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Will the constant XBox bias from CheapyD, and sometimes other very partial comments from the other two members in Twitter ever diminish?

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#6374 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

Cheapy, seeing as you don't use your vita how about you send it to me so I can finally play Persona 4? Sound good? Thanks

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6375 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Why do you guys talk crap about the Ouya? It definitely has some significant advantages over the Retron 5. It plays ps1, n64, snes, genesis, nes, and others; Plus some android games. Who cares about sales numbers for an Ouya, it's really about how well does it operate. It plays backup copies of games that people own quite well. Plus you can use Xbox or ps3 controllers with it. Cheapy talked so much trash about the Ouya that I was starting to think it was made by Sony.
Posted Image

#6376 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Shipwreck, congratulations on Emmylou! 

Posted Image

#6377 Zeeb

Zeeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

It was really interesting to hear Wombat's analysis of how potential lost advertising revenue was behind Google's decision to shut down its Reader service. It was fiscally responsible! It makes sense now.

I'd like to hear if you think that is also a hidden reason behind Microsoft moving from multiple 'windows' that that can be tabbed and closed to a single dumbed down 'window' app (with far less functionality) in the Windows 8 'modern' UI. More advertising revenue?

Or is it simply, as they say, that they expected everyone to be using touch monitors, etc.

It would also be good to hear of other examples of how interface changes come about because of advertising and revenue needs (particularly when another reason is publicly given for PR fluff purposes). 

#6378 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Now that we are pretty close to the console releases, what games are you guys planning to get? Watch Dogs was the main one I was looking forward to, so it's a little spare for me. Although I hated Assassin's Creed III, maybe I'll try IV...

#6379 sparklepuss

sparklepuss

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Dear Wombat,

Over the years, I've hear you say you are a fan of all things retro game related.

Would you read that new RETRO magazine? Seanbaby on the crapper! I'm all in. ...

Great Show! I have listened since before any of the hosts spawned children and look forward to it every week!

#6380 darkwood78

darkwood78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Welcome to the parenting family Shipwreck,

With the recent shooting tragedy in Nevada, how long do you think it will be before the media starts pointing the finger at the video game industry again? With the soon to be released and heavily advertised COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 (on all the time on prime time and Monday night football) it seems like a opportune time to point out how these games are a scapegoat excuse for bad parenting. When will the media finally blame parenting for issues like these? Kids do play these games but I believe they should not unless their parents truly have thought them about consequences of their actions and other tough issues such as this. Children can not purchase these games without adults but they still end up playing them because some parents buy blindly, don't care or countless other reasons. Being a parent of two and a gamer I really have disciplined myself to only play games like Disney infinity, Skylanders, Wii U family games , etc. when my children are around me. I play the games I want to play (GTA 5, Diablo, etc) when they are at school or sleeping. What are your thoughts on this issue? When will parents get the blame and people take accountability for their parenting? 

P.S. 

Thank you for your time and the hours of quality free entertainment.  We really appreciate you guys!

#6381 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Why do you think music games faded away?  Was it the glut of them, just that people were sick of them and moved on to something else, or that the companies could not make money off of the instruments since people already had them?  Why did this not become an actual sustainable genre that could continue like fighting, shooter, adventure, RPG, etc?  The only games I know that is still being produced in this genre are audiosurf and Rocksmith.  I know that it always boils down to money, but want you guys to hypothesize.  Thanks.

Posted Image

#6382 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

In light of the recent TB controversy do you think youtube should change it's policy on when accounts are removed or when videoes are removed?

#6383 Daniel7394

Daniel7394

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

If i could only get one of these game which one would you get since you have played both? Batman: Arkham Origins or Lego Marvel Superheroes?

card.png

#6384 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Cheapy Awards?

Did I miss it or are they still not done? Shouldn't need to give winners more than 30 days to email back an acceptance speech.

#6385 webspinnerspect

webspinnerspect

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hey Guys,

I have concern that I would like you guys to address concerning used games. I have always been a proponent for purchasing new games in the hope that I would be supporting developers (not publishers since they're money grabbing assholes). After watching Jim Sterling's Jimquisition on Escapist titled "Used Games Hava a Right to Exist" (Note I was going to post link, but since I am slightly ignorant/noob about forums I can't since this is one of my first). In the video he explained, in a very effective manner, that used games aren't bad and it technically isn't taking away from "publishers". In my opinion I feel this topic is similar to sharing music since I am on the fence with both (in the sense I want to support the creators and not the publisher). What is the most economical way to ensure that the developer is getting most of my money? Please note I am a sucker for DLC (Note: I didn't purchase the horse armour not because I didn't want it but because the numerous bugs that was assoicated with it).

Thank You,

webspinnerspect

#6386 Ghetto Sithlord

Ghetto Sithlord

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

With all the bantering going back and forth with CoD: Ghost running on 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on Xbox One (allegedly) and now with Titanfall being a Xbox 360/Xbox One exclusives, do you guys think it's time that both Sony & Microsoft start including an age requirement on the packaging for the their new consoles. Though I'm referring to a mental age rather than a physical age restriction.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6387 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Can/Have you guys admitted to being M$ fangirls already?

#6388 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

Are you going to do Child's Play this year again? Just wondering because of all the Penny Arcade high-jinx, and I think some other organizations like Toys for Tots, or Make A Wish might be just as good.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6389 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

There are rumors that Rocksteady Games' next title will be ready in 2014, and that Kevin Conroy will be working on it. Considering how well the Green Arrow tv show is doing, do you think Rocksteady should include Amell's character in the game? But by this point it may be kinda late, as the development cycle could be half over by now.

Batsugunner.png

#6390 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

congrats on the +1 ship!

several of the folks I work with have been cancelling their next gen preorders because of the flip-flopping and game delays.  you fellas seeing any of this?  without the next gen exclusives at launch it just seems like I should cancel mine and wait out the launch for a more stable release of the consoles.