CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6629 replies to this topic

#6391 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Wii Mini is coming to the U.S. this month. This will not be confusing to holiday shoppers at all. Wii, Wii U, Wii Mini, 2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL.

-Shipwreck via twitter

so Nintendo's business strategy is to support games with systems, instead of systems with games.

oh Nintendo, you so crazy...

#6392 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

Do you guys think that Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot with Titanfall coming to PC and 360 as well as the Xbox One?  Seems like they would sell more X1s if it was console exclusive and not MS exclusive.  Thanks and keep up the great "work".

Posted Image

#6393 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Kind of shock it wasn't brought up in the Cagcast, so I'll ask it here:

http://metro.co.uk/2...-about-4173810/

This is the UK interview with COD Mark Rubin where he was really pushed about the power difference between consoles. My question isn't about that, but about journalists pushing for answers like that writer did. Why don't they do it more often? Some seem to, and Patrick Klepek is a good example, but a lot of times journalists just move on after no answer is given.

For example, why didn't anyone push Zampanella about why he was so surprised Titanfall was exclusive? We have heard it was going to be for numerous reasons such as the Xbox One cloud, easier to focus on one console, etc. If this was the case, why was he so surprised? Or was all of the other stuff BS?

Also, in line with that, but a separate question. Has it ever been answered what happens to a Xbox One cloud-reliant game when the connection is disrupted? How the AI changes, the textures and whatnot that are coming from the Cloud, etc....what happens with all of that stuff? Did I miss this somewhere?

#6394 BlueRock

BlueRock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

For each of you three, are you going to pay for Live Gold or PS+ or just do all your online gaming on the PCPCPC?

It seems like one of the things that XBOne has going for it is that most people are already paying MS for Live Gold and they might not relish having to start up a Sony subscription too or make the switch and possibly lose touch with their existing gaming buddies.

#6395 Uncle Milkshake

Uncle Milkshake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

Are you surprised by the lack of demo units in stores for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Here in Portland, Oregon, I've checked out a Target, GameStop, and Walmart. None of them had a demo unit for either system. With a release date this Friday for the PS4, I thought there would be demo units all over the place.  

#6396 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Shipwreck - congrats on the new baby!  Have you thought about how you will eventually introduce her to video games?  I don't have any advice - my daughter likes video games but doesn't love them.  She will play pretty much any 2P game with her brother (Lego, Skylanders, Disney Infinity, etc.) and she's had a personal arcade machine in her room since she was 2 but she will never really just play on her own.  I tried though!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6397 Spartan V07

Spartan V07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

I remember there were rumors of J Allard returning to Microsoft a couple of months back. Do you think it's a possibility that he will return to Xbox and maybe as an E3 surprise next year? 

#6398 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Here's a fun one..

a) Nerd

b) Bully

c) Jock

Each of you three can only be one of the above types. Who most closely resembles which type?

Posted Image

#6399 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

What are your thoughts on this site in its current state, compared to a few months after it opened?

Bringing this one back. How do you all feel about CAG 3.0? Honestly, do you like the changes or do you miss CAG 2.0?

#6400 jbrad001

jbrad001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hi guys,

What are your thoughts on personal DIY mini-Arcade cabinets?

A friend and fellow CAG is using KickStarter to attempt to start a business for manufacturing the assembly kits for these, and I was curious what the opinion was on a product like this in general. Shipwreck, I know you have some official arcade cabinets in your home, so I thought it might be interesting to see what your thoughts are on how a mini cabinet that can render multiple games compares to one of yours that only plays a single game... Wombat, your marketing skills could provide some invaluable insight as to how a product such as this might fare in the marketplace, so I am definitely looking forward to hearing your opinion. And Cheapy, I know you were a big fan of the Arcade/Bar over in Japan, so I'm sure you have some strong feelings towards something like this as well.

Here is a link to the Kickstarter: http://www.kickstart...net-for-raspber

And here is a Mashable review: http://mashable.com/...11/08/porta-pi/

Thanks for reading and thanks for putting together such a great podcast!

#6401 Trojan

Trojan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

Shipwreck, I laughed when you mentioned playing Marvel Puzzle Quest (which I'm also addicted to) while taking care of your baby because each of my childrens' births were marked by the recent release of a new Puzzle Quest game. When my daughter was born in 2009 I had recently discovered the first PQ game and played it constantly on my DS while my wife and I were at the hospital. When we went home with her, I bought the game on Xbox Live and played it often when she fell asleep in my arms. When my son was born in 2011 I did the same thing with Puzzle Quest 2. Just wanted to give you an e-dad-five for the baby + new Puzzle Quest combo!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#6402 Daniel7394

Daniel7394

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Do you think that they should of made agents of shield while building up to the avengers? So they could of had Hulk, Ironman, Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Widow & Thor appear in the program building up to the movie and have the agents appear in there movies?

#6403 thao0209

thao0209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

1)

I think both system are equally match and i think they are great console. Whats your view on the ps4 network?

This is the my deciding factor on which next console get first. I'm planning to get both systems so i'm not a fanboy or anything like that. In this current gen war, I started with a PS3 and love the systems just hated the network and PSN store. I mean 20min to install 10mb update and lets not talk about firmware updates. Its got better and love PS+ auto updates but i'ts not great.  I got a xbox a few years back to play the exclusive xbox titles and love the live network. I found myself using the xbox more and more (disc install, download doesn't need install etc.. ) but I resist on buying more 360 games since my plan was to get only exclusive on xbox and play most of my gaming on ps3.

With all the talk with network related - game streaming, cross chat, download as you go, etc.. do you guys think The PSN network is finally capable of launching this? Microsoft has added a ton of server to help push xbox One, but with Sony I haven't notice any PR talks about this. 

2)

Do you think they will start incorporating AC wireless technology either with a USB addon or new slim model with AC wireless.

Ze

#6404 snag1

snag1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Edit: Let me rephrase my question. I'm thinking about going PC + either the PS4 or the Xbox One this gen. Considering I play fps games strictly on PC (and also prefer bethesda/bioware games on PC because of the modding), which console do you guys think would be a better fit for me? I've been playing on PC-only for a while and skipped the PS3/360 console gen. I'm not sure, but it seems like Playstation gets the type of exclusives I'd like to play on a console (such as the Uncharteds, God of Wars and platformers...). The features on Xbox One seem cool, but for example the voice control doesn't support my native language so it's kind of a waste. If you guys had to go PC + one console, which one would it be?

Also I want to say that I first started listening to CAGcast while I was doing my obligatory one year military service here in Finland in 08. You guys kept me entertained while I was on watch for hours in a frozen foxhole in -10 degree F weather. My ipod didnt survive the winter though. But thanks for doing the show guys and keep it up. (and I'm glad you dropped video game deals part from the podcast since they don't really affect us listeners outside the US)

#6405 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

In your opinion, what games are upscaled for nextgen or downscaled for current gen?

#6406 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for including my question in a podcast, it was fun to hear Cheapy and Wombat argue over who was the bully, and Shipwrecks diplomatic sidestep when asked his opinion.

Here's my questions for the next podcast; Have you heard how the gamers in Japan are responding to having to wait until next year for the PS4? And how has the advertising for the PS4 been? Any interesting games not announced for America coming to PS4 in Japan?

Thanks

Posted Image

#6407 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

Cheapy,

With all the Black Friday deals now moved to Thursday will you be moving the traditional live CAGcast you do late night on Thanksgiving to Wednesday night instead?  A TwitchTV broadcast that night might also be nice.  It's not the holidays until we have a wide awake Cheapy and a half asleep Shipwreck and or Wombat, discussing Black Friday deals the night before they happen.

#6408 redrum662

redrum662

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hello gentleman... and Wombat j/k

Do you think we will see price drops on PS4/XBOXONE software like we have seen the last couple years. Or will games these launch games hold their price at $60.00 into the mid part of 2014?

Thanks!

Steve

#6409 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'm wondering how the Retron 5 is doing in terms of preorders from cags. It's basically sold out at this point, so there is probably a good idea of how many cags will be launch day buyers.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#6410 Emiroo

Emiroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Last CAGCast, Wombat briefly mentioned his terror at the thought of accidentally deleting save data. What the worst save data mishap you guys have had?

My 6 year old was messing around in the Mario Kart Wii options and accidentally deleted our 200+ hour save. I know that's an obscene amount to play a Kart game, but my son loved it and we played it most nights for over a year. I then had to explain to him why everything was locked up again and then informed him that there was no way I was going to unlock it all again.
Posted Image

#6411 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

So the reason COD Ghosts has worse frame rate on PS4 has to do with it running more than 60fps according to Digital Foundry.

http://www.eurogamer...hosts-ps4-patch

Does this get you more excited for the potential of upcoming console games? Has ANY console game ran more than 60fps before?

#6412 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

With EA announcing plans for Star Wars games coming over the next 10 years, and none of them will be based on any of the movies, what are you guys hoping to see in the next generation for Star Wars games? Personally I'm hoping for another Knights of the Old Republic, and a Jedi-centric RPG. Could this plan include the revivial of 1313?

#6413 F8X

F8X

CAG app for the Android!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Which Pinball game/sim would you guys recommend?

464374.png

#6414 Daniel7394

Daniel7394

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

I have to wait till about March to afford an Xbox One! :( do you think by then the game prices will have gone down or having stayed at the same price?

#6415 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

played Dead Rising 3?  I've been hearing it's pretty much a current gen gam that was pushed off for a next gen release.  thoughts?

#6416 SlavetodaBOX

SlavetodaBOX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

This question is for Cheapy. Is there any buzz in Japan about the launch of PS4 in North America, or is it a wait and see approach or one of resentment as they are not getting the console for some time yet? 

fs_xbox.png

"If it's good news or money, leave a message."

#6417 Thanos2001

Thanos2001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Will I be able to get pre-order bonuses and special edition versions on digitally downloaded games?

WHITTEN: Yes! You’ll see more details here in the future.

http://www.ign.com/a...-about-xbox-one

This is not the case at all. Not only do you have to pay full price for digital versions of Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Forza, you get less content. The M$ store doesn't sell the digital version of games, so it turns out my preorders that were going to get me $10 digital codes were not available. Good thing I had them put what I wanted in writing. I got a $25 gift card for my troubles. So are there any deals for digital games on Xbox One? I can buy PS4 titles on Amazon Digitally with Amazon discounts. Would love to hear the CAG crew's thoughts on this.

#6418 BlueRock

BlueRock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Question for Cheapy:

What versions of Forza 3/4 did you buy? Did you buy the $60 version or did you buy special or VIP editions? If you bought the VIP editions (I believe I remember hearing you did), do you feel like this sent a message to MS that they could "go for brass ring" on extracting more payment from customers?

#6419 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

I noticed that Xbox One gaming doesn't show up on my friend's history when I look them up on my Xbox 360. This is weird because it's always shown Xbox Live enabled games from PC and Windows Phone. Whydo you think this is?

#6420 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

It seems that something is up with iTunes not downloading the new podcasts (including CAG) when I sync my iPod. I see other people are having this issue since the new ios 7 updates.

I had to find the CAG cast and manually download it in order to get it on my iPod.

Today I sync'd my iPod, iTunes fired up and downloaded 4 new Podcasts, but not others that I know should be there, like the Besties. Is anyone else not getting CagCast when they load iTunes? It's quite the pisser.

Posted Image