• Please log in to reply
6690 replies to this topic

#6451 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hey Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat,

How bad is it for Nintendo that as of today, the 26th of December, the 3DS and Wii U eShops were down for Christmas day and the 3DS eShop is still down this afternoon? It's especially bad for Wii U because they need the experience to be as good as possible for all of those new owners to hop on, grab some of the games on sale, and start playing those games, but now that was completely ruined. 3DS is at least a little more established, but the list of games that were on sale on its eShop is the biggest I've ever seen and none of those publishers and developers are getting any of the benefits that they envisioned when they first decided to put their games on sale for the holiday.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6452 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

One for Cheapy and Ship, now you've gotten "next", well now current gen consoles are you finding yourselves going back to consoles more apposed to your PCs?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6453 kapkorn

kapkorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Cheapy (and anyone else if they have one)

How is the Kinect mount for Xbox One? I am considering buying one but the fact it's $20 I want to make sure it is good before I buy it.

#6454 Daniel7394

Daniel7394

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Something for watch this bitches - Don Jon it reminded me alot of Cheapy D

card.png

#6455 BlueRock

BlueRock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

Is it sexist for a top 10 GOTY list to not include Tomb Raider (2013)? There's a minor controversy over this, oddly.

Also CheapyD, did you check out the movie Cleanflix? Give it a look, it's a documentary, you seem to watch some of those. This one is right up your alley.

#6456 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Cheapy shouldn't have any problems buying cars in Forza because his drivatar is kicking my ass. All cheapy has to do is log in and collect the credits. (BMW Fujitsu 2011 car.)
Posted Image

#6457 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

WATCH THIS B*TCHES SUBMISSION REQUEST:

Cutie and the Boxer.  Available to stream on Netflix

It looks to be very similar to Jiro Dreams of Sushi, but without all of the boring repetitiveness and pointlessness.

I saw the preview for it before Lovelace (this is also available to stream on Netflix, but I chose to Redbox it instead as I don't want a movie about the pron industry to alter my family's Netflix viewing history)

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#6458 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

so my internet has topped out and I've been catching up on podcasts and playing handheld pokemon,   what's something you just listen to(background noise) while you game...besides your children.

#6459 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

watchthisbitches- seen the trailer for "the Raid 2"?

#6460 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

Hey whatever happened to that Hour of Victory tour? I don't remember if that ever had a resolution or not. Would you consider starting something like that up again for the new generation once some massive dud comes out? 

#6461 BlueRock

BlueRock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Can we all agree for the time being that the "micro" in "microtransactions" is short for "Microsoft"? They really gotta get off this kick and fast.

#6462 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hey guys,

I don't have too much to say about Playstation Now personally but with the similarities between the platforms now (Steam included) offering mainly the same games don't you think it's where we are eventually headed? Gaming as a service like Netflix or Spotify? You sort of touched on it with your tone when talking about the PC,PS4, and XBOX One because it sounded largely like all you really want is the games (like we all do at the end of the day!). So the box doesn't really matter. I'm starting to think if anything we have too many boxes.

I believe with the Gaikai tech they would only be streaming the video of the game along with control input, and not actual game data so it may not be as bloated as you are thinking. I agree with Shipwreck that streaming can be a tedious experience but I kind of just see this as the first step. At CES they are talking about mobile chips more powerful than PS3\360 level graphics so the push is there to get these games out to as many people as possible baring infrastructure limitations. May not be for us but I think these companies are also finally seeing value in their legacy software and this seems like the easiest way to preserve some of this content without relying on in house hardware. I'm not sure it will grab the emulator crowd but I think it's more about accessibility than anything. If they can grab a small % of the mobile market with a service like this it would be a huge win since everyone has a phone or tablet these days.

On a side note, Cheapy you still rocking the macbook air as a desktop? Thinking of going that route for my next setup.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#6463 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

On the subject of PlayStation Now:

Why are the hosts putting such emphasis on the age or visual fidelity of these games?

On another podcast I listen to, one of the hosts had said they had just bought a PlayStation 4. One of their listeners jokingly responds along the lines of, "So you bought a PlayStation 4 to play Don't Starve?" (Because Don't Starve is the newest Plus game on PS4.)

Why should it matter so much that a game look like an Assassin's Creed, a Battlefield, or an Elder Scrolls title? Does it really matter so much that a game, especially for a just-launched console, push the system to its limits? These old games and current, "smaller" digital titles can (but not always) offer an experience or depth in gameplay that isn't seen all that often.

I will tell you right now if I were to get a PlayStation 4 in the very near future, the one game I'd get over next-gen Diablo 3, Infamous: Second Son, or Drive Club is The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. To give you an idea of what Rebirth looks like:

tumblr_mycbq7WQ6G1rwh6p8o1_400.gif

It basically has the style of a visually detailed SNES game. I've sunk over 750 hours on the current version of Isaac and cannot wait for Rebirth. I've also recently put in around 75 hours of Spelunky across PS3, Vita, and PC and my interest in that game has not waned. Both of these have replayability, depth, and a challenge I don't find in other games but I don't stop playing other games for those reasons.

#6464 WatchdogXC

WatchdogXC

Old School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

This question is for Shipwreck and I'm sure it will be discussed but I'd love to hear about the Blockbuster racks in your house now. Seeing the pictures of the purchase and subsequent setup was awesome.

#6465 Emiroo

Emiroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:03 AM

READ THIS BITCHES! - The Final Day at Westfield Arcade by Andy Hunt

http://www.amazon.co...estfield arcade

This book is absolutely spectacular. If you ever spent any time at an arcade in the 80s or 90s you will truly appreciate this book. This intricate novel not only deals with the rise, fall, rebirth and ultimate demise of arcades but also love, loss of loved ones and how our decisions can affect others. There are tons of pop culture references from the 80s and 90s and all of the arcade gaming descriptions and timeline are spot on. Much of the story is told in flashbacks and the author's outstanding writing will keep you enthralled until the end. I truly felt like a part of the Westfield Arcade by the end and it made me misty for my own Halcyon days at the arcade which were remarkably similar to those described in the story.

If you aren't convinced read the first 10 pages on Amazon's preview. That should be enough to hook you in. I know it did me.

Again, READ THIS BITCHES!
Posted Image

#6466 Biomech

Biomech

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Hey guys,

Love the show! I hope Cheapy's leg is feeling better.

Ever since I found this site, my gaming backlog has increased exponentially thanks to all the great deals posted here. Do you have any suggestions on how to go about deciding which games to play in your backlog? I was thinking of just playing them in alphabetical order because I know if I play the ones I'm most interested in first, I may never get to the others thanks to new game purchases in the meantime.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

#6467 webspinnerspect

webspinnerspect

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys,

For the first time I actually have a "physical" backlog. Like shipwreck I love creating spreasheets and have a "virtual" backlog of games I want to play but don't own. In Canada, EB just released their Platinum Edge loyalty program. That plus great boxing week sales and Games for Gold I am becoming overwhelmed. I have 5 excellent games just waiting to be played and I cannot decide, since they are all excellent. I am also one of those people who needs to complete a game before starting a new one (it allows me to be more invested in the story). Anyway the games are:

Skyrim

Tomb Raider

Bayonetta

Far Cry 3

Max Payne 3

Which game should I play first?

2. I haven't played Skyrim yet for a couple of reasons. The main reason is the mechanics are extremly complicated, so planning my playthrough is difficult (I have Asperger's, so yes I am a little neurotic). The other reason is because I am extremely dissapointed with the whole civil war aspect. I don't see the point since the imperials and stormcloaks are on the same side. Basically I wished the story had a more Bioware feel to it. This comes to my question.

In an ideal world could Bethesda and Bioware team up to make the ultimate RPG? The reason is Bioware and Bethesda both make excellent games, but have polar opposites. Bioware focuses on writing, while Bethesda focuses on gameplay (It took Bioware 3 games to get the combat right in ME). I know Dragon Age: Inquisition is taking an open world approach, but there will probably be some combat issue. Bethesda games suffer from "GTA syndrome" (Yahtzee, zero punctuation). You're given an open world, but the quests are linear. The only "consequence" for killing an NPC is a certain quest might be unavailable (not really affecting the overall plot). I wouldn't have an issue if the elder scroll games were like GTA where each game is independent with a very loose canon. The problem is they created this whole universe, but I don't feel my actions matter like in a Bioware game. Your the Dragonborn, but that title is meaningless. As the dragonborn I should have been able to orchestrate one of the following scenarios concerning the civil war.

1. If joining the stormcloaks have the option to kill Ulric, become leader of the stormcloaks and use your status as dragonborn to unite Tamriel against the dominion.

2. Be a neautral party and hold a "Landsmeet" like summit where diplomacy is used to join forces against the dominion (option: Ulric initially agrees, somehow breaks the treaty, and you kill him and become the leader)

There are numerous others and yes they are very Bioware like but that is what makes DAO and ME such great games. The player having control over the plot is just as vital as being able to go dungeon crawling. I immensely enjoyed Oblivion, and I would have been happy with another one  because I didn't feel conflicted about the outcome of the story.

Webspinnerspect

#6468 TonyGeezy

TonyGeezy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

What do you think of the deceptive ads Microsoft wants to run on YouTube? They are soliciting opinions that cannot include negative criticism against the Xbox One, Machinima, or its games, but do not want submitters to say they are getting paid (up to $3,750) to do this.

http://arstechnica.c...x-one-mentions/

#6469 TonyGeezy

TonyGeezy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

The PS4 has 180 announced games, and the Xbox One has 97 announced games. Do you think this is because Xbox is ignoring Japan and doesn't have much support from them? Will they catch up?

http://en.wikipedia...._Xbox_One_games
http://en.wikipedia....Station_4_games

#6470 FR33ZER BU12N

FR33ZER BU12N

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Robbed & Violated

I would just like to share my story on how I felt after my home was broken into and I was robbed of my prize possessions.

Hi guys, my name is Roger (FR33ZER BU12N) on all platforms. I'm a 36 year old Gamer/Nerd/Full Time Worker/Family Man. 

So, about 2 years ago around the middle of November 2011 my son came home from school to find our home broken into and burglarized. When I got home from work and seen the mess left behind, I was appalled! I felt so victimized. Our home had been ransacked and the only things that appeared missing were mostly my electronics. This happened in broad daylight and thank goodness there were witnesses that seen some strange activity in the neighborhood. Because, they actually scared off these robbers before they could get to our Master bedroom and pillage even more valuables from in there. (Mostly of my wife's stuff) 

Anyways, they made off with my Xbox Slim 360, my sons Xbox 360 Pro, Playstation 3, PSP, a Laptop, an iHome Dock, and about 50 games and controllers from all consoles. Stupid Dumbasses forgot to grab any of the power cables or AV cables for any of said consoles! 

As a gamer of all platforms and genres, I was really hit hard when I realized that a couple of weeks prior I had just finished my first play through of MASS EFFECT 1. Also I was at that moment playing through Fallout 3 and about half way through when all this took place. I felt very discourged about starting over from scratch.  And all my game saves and progress were on those consoles. So distraught I was to realize this. The next thing that sucked was soon enough that Microsoft announced their Cloud Gaming feature only two weeks later at the start of December. Man was I bummed. My Game Saves could have been saved but the timing sucked! On a good note though was that some games actually were saved onto certain game publishers Servers. Like my Gears Of War 3 and COD campaigns were still all unlocked and I could continue gaming as if nothing had happen. This I did not realize for a while as I initially thought all hope was lost soon after the incident and I did not play because I felt so down. As a full time family man and employed worker, my gaming times are very limited. So when I finally got my consoles replaced, my first game to play was Mass Effect. Having Mass Effect 2 on hand, I was ready to play MY Story I created and continue the adventure. 

Side note:(Mass Effect) 

1st play through: 40 hours

2nd play through: 20 hours

Of course Home Owners Insurance covered everything I lost but can not recover my hurt emotions of our home being vandalized and us victimized like that. Your home should be a safe sanctuary for you and your family to reside in.

Gaming is important to me and is my full time favorite hobby of mine but nothing compares to the importance of keeping my family and pets safe and sound in the one place that is truly there home. So as long as we're all safe and healthy, that is what is mostly important. Electronics can come and go and can truly be replaced.

The feeling after this incident still haunts me! I just don't feel safe leaving anything lying around anymore even in my own home. Every time I use my Laptop or iPad that when i'm done I still have to try to hide it somewhere in my home so that I feel safe about it. I feel so victimized & I don't know if I will ever shake this feeling. I know it's all in my head, but until it actually happens to you, you will never know this emotional experience and the toll it can take on a person. Only time can heal this wound. 

In the end with the help of neighbor witnesses, it was discovered that a group of teen boys were going around my neighborhood and casing all homes in the middle of the day. Only one was caught which happen to be the getaway driver because his license plate number was caught. This kid didn't give up any names and was solely held responsible for the crime. And to this day I'm still waiting for any restitution to be paid back to me.

Thanks for letting me tell my story and experience on this matter and sorry if I went on a little here and there. But it feels good to get it out and share this. It can happen to anyone and no one is safe from dumb stupidity that crooks choose to possess! 

#6471 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

What are your early impressions of Bound by Flame and Shadows of Mordor? Bound by Flame definitely gives me a Kingdoms of Amalur vibe, while Shadows of Mordor might be the first non-RTS LOTR game I am interested in, and that might be fairly decent.

http://www.ign.com/a...but-thatas-okay

http://www.ign.com/a...thing-in-mordor

#6472 Biomech

Biomech

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Are there any games on the horizon specifically designed for Kinect 2.0? If so, do any interest you?

#6473 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Hey guys i just wanted to get your opinion (especially from Shipwreck) about this Cobra video:

https://www.youtube....CyXeJf844#t=105  

Like it or hate it? Is there a better music video about g.i. joe/cobra?

And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#6474 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

This question is for Wombat. I'm just curious why he would choose the XBox One when he could only afford one next gen console? I know he has previously said that he was "invested in the infrastructure and/or ecosystem" or some kind of nonsense but I'm not seeing the logic there. Besides your firiends list carrying over NOTHING else did. So how "invested" could he be? I've also heard him say several times, and recently on one of the the shows, that PS+ is a HUGE advantage over Games With Gold or anything that MS offers. He even mentioned how at that point they hadn't even offered any sales or discounts on any XBox One games (which I believe to date they've only discounted that Power Shots Golf by a whopping $5). It was funny how Shipwreck tried to interject that the console was still very new and discounting digital games for it at this point would be surprising, yet Wombat pointed out that PS+ has already offered several PS4 games for free and discounted many others. Wombat also mentioned that even though he's happy with his purchase he wouldn't recommend the XBone to anyone.

It seems that someone that is on a much stricter budget than the other two hosts, that could only afford one of the new consoles, that the PS4 would've been the no-brainer decision. I have both and honestly feel that I could've easily waited quite some time before purchasing either, but the gamer in me couldn't resist owning both of these newfangled consoles. But if I could only have one, PS+ would easily surpass anything the XBone had to offer so that would make my decision a simple one.

It just seems to me that the 360 was Wombat's primary console from last gen and really the only reason why he went with the XBone.

Let's go O's!

#6475 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

Is anyone concerned about the lifespan of the Xbox One? Mine is on an awful lot, and as we've seen in previous consoles (all manufacturers), heavy usage does not bode well for a long and healthy life. In 3 years are we all going to have the sonic equivalent of jet engines under our tv's?

#6476 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Cheapy, I looked at the video you made of your game collection for the Child's Play Charity and did not see Rock Band 3.  Was that one too good to part with?

Posted Image

#6477 painkillah

painkillah

Black Sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

Any word about No Man Sky for Xbox One? Friend of mine is uber concerned about Xbox not getting this title. He was looking at some game release lists on another site and No Man Sky was listed on the PS4 list but no the XB1. After the VGX Xbox was the first console to show interest in the title a midst all the hype that followed. I keep telling my friend XB1 will get it but he doesn't believe me cause it wasn't on "the list". Have you ever heard of a game developed for PC that got ported to Sony as a console exclusive? 

My expectations for this game have lowered. These devs have a good idea but I doubt the end product will be as ambitious as us gamers are hoping for. The dev giving that interview at the VGX could have been tripping balls for all I know. He kept looking at his hands and feet during questioning like he was "somewhere else." Just give us a next gen Frontier Elite and be done with it.

fs_overall.png

#6478 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Not a question, but Cheapy if you get the chance to see the Wolf of Wall Street go! I reckon you will love it.. lots of drugs :)

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6479 wageslave

wageslave

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Here is a question I've been thinking about for a while:

Given the challenges Nintendo has been having in the home console market, could they and should they stay in the portable video game hardware market but go the same route as Sega when it comes to the home console market? Would Nintendo do well as a third party or second party game developer without a home console of their own? Should Microsoft, Sony, or even a company such as Disney or Amazon consider an attempt to acquire all or part of Nintendo?

I believe Nintendo is at a big disadvantage because they cannot afford the razor and razor blade business model that their competition uses. Offering something very unique served them well during the last console generation, but other than dabbling with virtual reality I can't see them being able to recapture the success through innovation the Wii gave them. 

Tier Pargon Pargon Redgormor Pargon Pargon Mantorok

#6480 webspinnerspect

webspinnerspect

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Hey Guys,

I am hoping you reply in someway to this question. I am conflicted about next gen consoles. I currently have an xbox 360. The xbox 360 is the first console I ever owned. I haven't gotten an xbox one because there are still so many games I haven't played on the 360. It's also disheartening that this is the first time new games are being supported for both generations at the same time. How long will the 360 be supported before it gets the cold shoulder? Graphics aren't a big concern, because my TV only supports 1080i/720p. I am also dissappointed that sony is the better company this generation. I am not one of those people who needs all consoles. While that does mean I miss out on some exclusives, the multi-platform games keep me content. That being said the upcoming exclusives with Microsoft look better anyway. I have avoided purchasing any games that are currently available for both generations out of fear that I am missing out on next gen bonuses. I am never one of those people you needs to have everything as soon as it comes out. I was planning on getting a next gen console, next Christmas, because Dragon Age: Inquisition is the next gen game I am waiting for. The problem is it's going to be 360 supported. I will admit I am a microsoft fan boy. I also fear that I have invested too much already to lose everything and go to Sony. Also the cable support of the xbox one I don't need since I don't have cable. I watch everything on my Computer. All this being said:

When will the opportune moment be to purchase a next gen console? and by getting a next gen console, will I be completely abandoning the 360 like the 3 of you have?