Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6662 replies to this topic

#6631 MrGranger

MrGranger

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Do you think digital copies will ever become cheaper than physical copies in our lifetime?  I would rather do Digital if it was 20-50% off the physical copy.  But right now Wombat is correct (who would have thunk?).

Physical = extra junk and you have a resell value

Digital = easy to get/download

The majority of people will look at that resell value and the extras and think why should they download?  I bought the Beta of Destiny because the extras weren't much to brag about and the digital cost a smidgen less.  I'm thinking that the resell value of this game by the time that I want to resell (if it's as good as I suspect) will be next to nothing.  But all the other games I'm getting this year are physical copies. 

Since they don't seem interested in pushing the digital or at least making it an appealing buy, do you think that Publishers really don't want to go Digital?  Are they afraid of what it could do to the stores?  Or is it pressure from Gamestop and Best Buy?  I don't think it's the latter because there is no reason Gamestop couldn't sell digital codes, even digital codes with exclusive content.  That would allow them to stock more games even.

What do you think?

#6632 budz

budz

I like bananas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Shipwreck,I saw you on polygon while listening to the newest CAG podcast. here's the link :
https://t.co/tEUFtdCMlF

So what was your high score in Gunsmoke?
I never played the home version, but the arcade cabinet was awesome.

#6633 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

Post E3-What are you prices for current consoles/handheld prices for Black Friday?

#6634 pureflux

pureflux

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hey Shipwreck,
Since you have been on chesse coneys and hot dogs frenzies, what is your detox plan? Any plans in playing extra minutes on the court? Or, have you decided to let yourself go and fulfill Cheapy's prophecy, to gain over 200 lbs by the end of the year.

#6635 pureflux

pureflux

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

Hey Cheapy,

Can you please post the episode on iTunes? The last episode does not show up . I enjoy hearing the podcast while driving.

#6636 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

On July 30th at 6:00pm Eastern Time, the xbox one servers went down. Not only could you not sign into services like netflix and hulu, you also couldn't play ANY games that were not disk based. This does not leave me with a good feeling and I don't see myself downloading games if i can buy them on disc instead.

#6637 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

Are they doing this on twitch?

Posted Image

#6638 WittyNickname

WittyNickname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

Wombat, your rhapsodizing about the convenience of voice-activating your XBox One got me thinking about something I'd never considered until that moment: don't you have to use your remote to turn on your TV and receiver anyway?

I freely admit I know nothing about the new-gen consoles, and may just not know about an easy setting that makes the voice activation power up everything. But that seems like something I'd have heard about by now, and now I can't help but be a bit deflated on the idea of turning on my console with my voice if it isn't really saving me time or gestures, AND is just as likely to be triggered accidentally as purposefully.

#6639 buttle

buttle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Hey guys,

I hear you giving Nintendo a hard time, and perhaps rightfully so.  But is the Sony/Microsoft mentality of giving games away and selling their higher quality consoles at relatively inexpensive prices profitable??  Certainly Nintendo should make some changes (and they always do for better or worse), but how well is the Sony/Microsoft strategy really work?

buttle

mario kart wii 5069-4324-7830 (jeffrie)
animal crossing: city folk 4983-8436-5006 (buttle), (tomato) town

#6640 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

Do you think releasing a PSN/XBLA game the first week of the month is now a risk since many customers have at least one "free" game to download that week? I find myself not buying anything on both marketplaces that week because of it.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6641 daniel pharos

daniel pharos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hey guys,

comic question! I want to introduce my son (8) to super heroes, he is mostly into cars and doesn't care about super heroes so far. Which comic book would you recommend as a starter?

- Daniel Pharos
Composer & Sound Designer for Games
http://www.KnightsOfSoundtrack.com

#6642 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

I have to say, I am with Shipwreck on Destiny. I don't really understand where the excitement is coming from. The game doesn't stand out to me as anything newly interesting. Do any of you guys see any upcoming new-gen games that really get your interest? Anything that looks new or fresh? The only game really doing that for me is No Man's Sky but really, we have very little idea of what kind of game that actually is.

Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#6643 Emiroo

Emiroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

I noticed that Destiny, Captain America 2 and the iPhone 6 all come out on 9/9. 

Which one do you guys think will sell the most copies on the first day?

Posted Image

#6644 Daniel7394

Daniel7394

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

DC Comics have planned out nine superhero movies through to 2020 what DC Superhero movies would you like to see?

card.png

#6645 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Are there going to be CAG Awards this year?

#6646 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

Finished ff13, ff13-2, and now on lightning returns.
Ever "forced" yourselves through a series?

#6647 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck,

What are your thoughts on the future of EA Access as a monthly service? It's definitely worth it at $30 for the four titles that are available right away, but I can't see people being enthusiastic about the slow trickle of additions after their first month because EA doesn't publish enough titles to compete with PlayStation Plus or Games with Gold. There are only three more titles that can appear on the service over the next six months or so in Need for Speed Rivals, NBA Live 14, and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, as you won't see Titanfall ever and the upcoming games won't be put in the vault until maybe late 2015 at the earliest. So what can they do to keep people subscribed to the service after our one or twelve month subs are up?

I can imagine that this is part of what Sony saw as where there was a lack of value in this service.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6648 Fastlyf

Fastlyf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Query for the Three Musketeers of Cheapery:

In talking about the terrible issue with Kinect, I rarely hear you guys (or other podcasts) talk about the real killer app of the XBox One:

The XBox Glass App.

I had been juggling a Harmony remote and the cable remote (for anytime DVR manipulation was needed) and voice controls and it was still a pain.  On a whim I decided to work with the Glass app and much to my surprise, it is absolutely fantastic.

If you use it to watch TV and then hit the button that brings up the TV remote interface, the app can be used to manipulate around the cable box menu and access DVR functions.  It gives you the XBox TV guide and it is much faster than the version displayed on the TV screen.   It also has a really convenient control for volume and it works with all the streaming video apps very well.  

The only improvement to the app I can think of would be if it let you speak the voice commands directly into the phone instead of relying on the kinect to pick up your voice.  Come to think of it, why isn't that something they are pushing given that the kinect isn't bundled with all systems?  It can't be that difficult?

Anyway, I know Cheapy can't appreciate many of these features because they require US cable, but the app is still really good for just navigating various apps on the system.  

And now that the Xbox is hooked into my TV, I no longer use any of my remotes unless I am listening to music through the receiver, which is outside of the XBox/TV ecosystem.

It really is fantastic.

Love the show.  Been a listener for over 3-4 years I think.  Keep it going . . .

- Fastlyf (pronounced "Fast Life" . . . you guys can butcher some names sometimes, lol)

Posted Image

Obama is the One.

#6649 Fastlyf

Fastlyf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

PS: Check the timing on my post above - I promise I wrote that yesterday and knew nothing about the fact that they are adding the ability to stream TV to your phone or tablet through Gass at home.  

"I can continue watching the basketball game from the toilet on my phone" you say?

Yes, I say.

That bit really does make the app even more awesome (assuming it works, and given how well it works now, I think it will).

Posted Image

Obama is the One.

#6650 BlueRock

BlueRock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

Main (not lameified) version of Skylanders to come on tablets alongside consoles:

http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-28743481

What do you think of this? This seems like a big change.

Yes, the controller looks awful. Yes, the price is the same as on consoles. But despite that, this means more parents will buy this so their kids can play the games without hogging the TV.

Will we see more of this? Will this erode the exclusivity consoles/PCs have on "real games" further?

#6651 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

I have a question for Wombat (but all of you can answer this if you like).

Can you rate all of the Bioware Franchises from best to worst?

I personally played Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age and I found Dragon Age to be the worst because all the characters that accompanied you in your quest were obnoxious in one way or another. 

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#6652 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Hey Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck,

I'm sure you'll talk a lot about the Tomb Raider deal, so I wanted to add some potential topics of discussion. The PR on Microsoft's end seemed to be more of the classic Xbox One PR where different heads at Microsoft are saying things differently enough to cause more chaos than calming them down while I saw at least one Square Enix employee talk about the game as being "100% exclusive" with Crystal Dynamics pulling a Don Mattrick by telling PC/PS4 owners that they can enjoy the Lara Croft dual-stick shooter if they still want Tomb Raider. They all just came off as being tone deaf about why people were upset or concerned about what was going on.

The other point is how does this game help Xbox One when it's not coming out for at least another 12 months when the system needs a lot of help right now? Their short term strategy seems to be a lot of bundles and a few exclusives, but how likely will those games be to turn it around? Recent news of Dead Rising 3 and Ryse coming to PC means there are less reasons right now to get an Xbox One unless you're a huge Forza fan or you're excited by one of the big upcoming games, so I get the impression that they didn't have much of a plan in place should PS4 come out of the game to trounce them and are just grasping for any short term help that they can get until the more legit exclusives like Halo 5, Fable Legends, Crackdown, Quantum Break, and others are ready for release.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6653 BlueRock

BlueRock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

To expand on my earlier post, now Nintendo has announced that their next Pokemon trading card game will come to iPad too.

http://www.forbes.co...ding-card-form/

Is the iPad threatening to replace consoles and 3DSes, at least for kids?

#6654 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Cheapy, what are your thoughts on NHL 15's game modes getting neref'd to hell?

http://www.easports....l-15-game-modes

#6655 bjwoodruff

bjwoodruff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

How is your family doing Cheapy with the Japanese sales tax increase? The increase to 8% then the second to 10% next October seems like the Japanese economy is sliding further down. Is moving to the United States looking more like a necessity now? 

I wish the best for the Cheapy household and a quick recovery for the Japanese economy. 

#6656 LizardLauncher

LizardLauncher

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

Hey guys, so I played P.T. for the first time, and in the process I discovered somthing about myslef.  My discovery happened when I put down the game controller out of fear for the first time ever in my life.  "Have I turned into a complete pussy?" I thought to myself feeling very disapointed, and then I started to think why I could not play this game anymore?

You see, I grew up playing all the Resident Evil games, Silent Hill 1 and 2, amd even stuff like Eternal Darkness so I'm very aquainted with the scary survival horror stuff and I love them!  As I got older, got married and had kids, the so called "survial horror" games coming out didn't seem as scary as in the past games and unfortunately felt more action games instead.  Then P.T. came out.  Holy shit, that game is creapy as hell, why couldn't I keep on playing it though??? - And then it hit me. 

As I mentioned I'm a dad now with a 4 year old boy and another one on the way.  P.T. really went for the cheep shots with the baby crying and that fridge part too.  I admit, I did think about my kids for a second or two when I got to those parts, which probably made it more unbearable to me.  Guys, I want to know... Do you think being a parent makes you weaker for these types of games and if so how do I overcome it because I would love to finish P.T. but I serriously just can't.

By the way, love the show keep up the good work!

#6657 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Next episode is going to be called 377: SQUEEZE DAT THROTTLE! right?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6658 Biomech

Biomech

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

How much fun do you think Destiny will be playing solo?

My friends and I have very different schedules, so I doubt i will be able to play much coop in Destiny (not interested in playing coop with strangers).

#6659 MrGranger

MrGranger

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Have you ever bought a classic game, maybe even a favorite of yours from the heyday back when; only to regret it?  Maybe it didn't live up to your memories, not near as great as you remembered?  Years of built up nostalgia were too much for the game to live up to or possibly you've just outgrown the game?  If so, what were some of your regrets?

#6660 BlueRock

BlueRock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:16 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't imagine not owning a PS VITA.

I know it's crazy, but there are just so many fun games to play on it. Even if there aren't too many AAA titles, I play Spelunky, Rogue Legacy and Stealth, Inc. And with cross save, I can even switch off to PS4/PS3 as applicable without a hitch.

Sure, the UI is still awful, but a lot of the game play experience is really good now.

This was all prompted by this tweet:

https://twitter.com/...726706140930048

I've felt the same way sometimes. That could have been me with a bit more bad luck.

Do any of you find yourself strangely happy with your VITA purchase now?