• Please log in to reply
6656 replies to this topic

#961 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:52 AM

Cheapy, have you seen this video?

That guy says the fix for the wireless headset is to buy a 'newer' non-launch wireless controller. Would it be worth it to get the wireless headset to perform better?

#962 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:05 AM

I'm not sure if people know you can digg the CAGcast episodes individually and digg the CAGcast itself overall .

Here's the overall Games And Hobbies link - http://www.digg.com/...w/games_hobbies

Be sure to do both if you haven't already !

Cheapy, have you seen this video?

That guy says the fix for the wireless headset is to buy a 'newer' non-launch wireless controller. Would it be worth it to get the wireless headset to perform better?

The original controller has painted gray metallic where you plug in the corded headset , the new one just gray colored plastic where you plug in the corded headset.

card.pngl1.gif

#963 BuggyG

BuggyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:01 AM

Yo! I got a mad question for the CheapMastahD: What is the origin of the Shaq-Fu censor's namesake, and its associated Icon:--> Fuck ???
Posted Image

#964 furyk

furyk

Captain of the Handheld

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:58 AM

Yo! I got a mad question for the CheapMastahD: What is the origin of the Shaq-Fu censor's namesake, and its associated Icon:--> Fuck ???

I'm pretty sure this is a non-question and someone trying to be cute, but I'll bite.

Shaq-Fu was the name of a very poor fighting game for the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo made by EA in 1994. It featured pro athlete Shaquille O'Neal doing battle with characters from ancient Egypt. The Genesis version also came with part of Shaq's rap album making it perhaps the most toxic substance on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq-Fu

#965 BuggyG

BuggyG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:56 AM

I'm pretty sure this is a non-question and someone trying to be cute, but I'll bite.

Shaq-Fu was the name of a very poor fighting game for the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo made by EA in 1994. It featured pro athlete Shaquille O'Neal doing battle with characters from ancient Egypt. The Genesis version also came with part of Shaq's rap album making it perhaps the most toxic substance on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq-Fu

LOL wow, I seriously hope they release this on the Virtual Console! that'd really give cheapy n' wombat something to bash paying 6 bucks for.
Posted Image

#966 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:30 PM

Quick Question for you guys:

With the releases of the next gen systems, how often are you guys finding yourselves playing your older systems? Seeing as the 360 isn't fully BC, The Wii VC titles are somewhat expensive, and the PS2 games don't look too pretty in HD, do you find yourself unplugging your next gen systems and going old school? By old I'm talking like current gen, ps2 and below.

Thanks
-Millertime

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#967 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

LOL wow, I seriously hope they release this on the Virtual Console! that'd really give cheapy n' wombat something to bash paying 6 bucks for.

$8
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#968 MassiveDuck

MassiveDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

Probably was already asked, but just in case it wasn't. Do they care about New Years in Japan? Is it even the same as ours, i know China's isn't?

#969 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:42 PM

In your opinion(s) What effect will the shrinking amount of "exclusive" titles for NextGen Systems have on sales this year? For example With most titles going multiplatform, what is the incentive to buy a PS3 when you already have a 360? Same goes the other way around.
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#970 CorporalJackson

CorporalJackson

The real Banana boy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

Hey Wombat and CheapyD I just purchased an Xbox 360 I used the gamestop trade your xbox get $80 off and I got GRAW and a 1 year warranty free. My first question is if my console is messed up...
1st is it normal to mess after about 5 mins into a DVD 2nd is the weird burning smell normal? 3rd is it really supposed to be as loud as it is lol? And last What are your top 5 arcade games?
Thanks Alot
ME!

EDIT: I switched mine out for a new one :)
:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#971 The-Bavis

The-Bavis

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:02 AM

A question for the Man in Japan:

I was spinning my globe in the Wii Forecast channel a while back and noticed that for some reason Japan cannot take the realistic looking weather icons the rest of the world gets. They have cartoony weather icons. Suns, umbrellas, everything looks like it's out of a cartoon. Only in Japan though. Cheapy, does your Japanese Wii show the same thing? Why is Japan singled out on our American Wiis?
Posted Image

#972 dannyv79

dannyv79

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

Hey Wombat and CheapyD,
I have some recent concerns about the Podcast. I am fairly new to the site and have been listening to the Podcast since the PS3's release. CheapyD's criticism of the PS3 has become unbearable in CAGcast #57. I have found you ranting and raving about the 360 time and again. I hold your opinion at high standards and have started thinking about getting One for myself from your comments. However the review on PS3's free grand Turismo game graphics did not hold up. Though the game is not very exciting without other cars to race with, the replay and in game graphics are hard to surpass. Hearing this innaccurate review has tarnished your reputation of all consoles in my mind. Please be aware that there are good things about the PS3 which you have not ever mentioned a positive thing about it since it's release. Please stop stomping on One Console and gloriying the rest. Thanks for a place where gamers can gather.

DannyV79

#973 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

Hey Wombat and CheapyD,
I have some recent concerns about the Podcast. I am fairly new to the site and have been listening to the Podcast since the PS3's release. CheapyD's criticism of the PS3 has become unbearable in CAGcast #57. I have found you ranting and raving about the 360 time and again. I hold your opinion at high standards and have started thinking about getting One for myself from your comments. However the review on PS3's free grand Turismo game graphics did not hold up. Though the game is not very exciting without other cars to race with, the replay and in game graphics are hard to surpass. Hearing this innaccurate review has tarnished your reputation of all consoles in my mind. Please be aware that there are good things about the PS3 which you have not ever mentioned a positive thing about it since it's release. Please stop stomping on One Console and gloriying the rest. Thanks for a place where gamers can gather.

DannyV79

Cheapy D's opinion is an opinion , it can't be wrong , you just don't agree with it .

card.pngl1.gif

#974 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

I discovered cheapassgamer.com a few years ago and immediately was hooked by all the great video game deals included on the front page and in the forums. I enjoyed getting games for 50-80% less than retail and now have amassed a collection that makes my wife roll her eyes.

Here is my question: It seems like with the next-gen console releases, the "deals" I jump on don't seem as incredible as they once were. Being able to snag a $59.99 360 game for a mere $39.99 is sometimes enough to make me jump in the car and head down to the local Best Buy. Do you think the cheapassgamer community at-large has loosened its collective wallet in the midst of all the next-gen hype? From listening to the Cagcast, I know you, Cheapy, have spent quite a bit of money in the last year keeping up with the systems — 360, PS3. And you even admitted to paying above retail for your Wii. Should someone take away your nickname?

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#975 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:27 AM

Being interested in these "deals" that have been popping up in everyones sig on the CAG board that say "get a free xbox 360 or wii" these are obvious referral deals. But are they legit?..I was wondering if you guys beleive all the hype that these have generated and what are your guys opinions on these so called promotions.

#976 Cursor

Cursor

Livin' a CAG paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

I've got a few "your man in Japan" questions:

1. Cheapy you said got a couple of DS Lites for the fam as presents. How did that go over? (Was it "Thank you very much, David" or "OMFG!") What's the fam playing on the DS?
2. How many New Year's cards did you get? Any cash in them? (as opposed to the wife) Did you send any?
3. What did you and he fam do for New Year's? Did you go to a shrine?

#977 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

Hey Wombat and CheapyD,

DannyV79

Do you happen to be apart of the

Posted Image ?

#978 CorporalJackson

CorporalJackson

The real Banana boy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:52 AM

Do you happen to be apart of the

Posted Image ?

BURN!!!!

Also Cheapy just a question not for the show and a statement. I just got R6 Vegas and sent your a Friend invite and your list is full; is it ever not full, should I try again? And the statement is about the lag on R6 Vegas
I have figured out why it happens! It is due to the fact that your guys mouth moves when you talk. So if there is any background noises your guys mouth will always be moving and making a bit of lag so tell ppl that are lagging to mute there mic s when not talking :)
Thnx for wasting time reading this
:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#979 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

Dear CheepyD , what ever happened to the prizes from a while back the ones with the sound effect toys you were suppost to send out? I check my mail box everyday hoping for that magical package from Japan to come , but I'm yet to receive this special gift from Cheapy land any information will be nice.

Thank You
Sam (won from show #45)

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#980 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:49 AM

New show coming wednesday morning...get those questions in!

#981 elsnow77

elsnow77

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:04 AM

A quick question for cheapy, do you design/manage this website yourself or did you hire a company to do if for you.
Posted Image

The puppy I have was unfortunately destroyed by a very cute component cable. I'm looking to see if someone has an extra puppy.

#982 starman9000

starman9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

Are you excited about the Robocop remake or what?
"Just give me the cheapass games mmmmkay!!"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=51530

#983 Matarick

Matarick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

Cheapy, I noticed you did indeed download Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. So what do you think of the game on your display? Before you complain about lag, I suggest you to change the mode to 720p because the game runs faster, unless you got 1080p, compared to interlaced mode.

Also, did you and Mrs. Cheapy had fun playing each other or you only have one controller?

Keep up the good work, hope you had plenty of rest, and I will hear you at the next CAGcast.

#984 felixlighter

felixlighter

Post Pruner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:57 PM

You mentioned on a previous CAGcast that you've run into quite a lot of Engrish since you've moved to Japan. I think at this point the phenomenon is relatively well known (with Engrish.com and all), so why does it continue show up? Are the Japanese not aware of the issue or do they get a kick out of it too?

I would think this problem could turn out to be a good job opportunity for a native English speaker in Japan, English Sanity Checker. The job would consist of simply reading English translations on signs and packaging and giving a thumbs up or thumbs down and best of all, it could be done from the comfort of home. Whattia think? A little supplementary income and a few laughs...

Edit: Never mind... I just read the faq at Engrish.com They explain the reasons and apparently there are English consultants.
Posted Image

#985 Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

Been listening for about 2 months, first time CAGbagger:

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but:

There's a zombie plague. Mass chaos ensues. SWAT teams move in. Order is restored. Only ONE video game publisher survives. Which one would you want it to be?

#986 sidlon

sidlon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

Based on the announced specs of Apple's new iPhone, how would you rate the chances of apple releasing an actual gaming handheld in the future?

As is, this seems like an ideal device for casual, touchscreen games like you see in bars these days. But let's say they add an analog stick and a couple buttons at the bottom... could this be the next DS?

#987 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

So now that the voting for the first ever Casual Game Awards, the Zeebys, is underway, do you have any thoughts on who you think should win, and why Bookworm Adventure cost 3/4 of a million to make?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#988 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

First let me say I love the CAGCast more each time I listen to it.

Now I think what you didn't say or didn't take into account when you and Wombat talked about Zelda is different people like different genres of video games.

I for instance don't like shooters that much. I think the games are good and kind of fun to play but I don't think there great. I've played GRAW, Rainbow 6, Gears of War, Resistance, etc... as I am an avid gamer with lots of friends who are the same.

I play most games but the games I like the most are Adventure, Strategy, RPG generally story driven games with lots of exploration and things to do.

I didn't think Resident Evil 4, GRAW, Gears of War, Rainbow 6, and games like that in general are above an 8 at extreme best. Thats me though.

I think Zelda is fun because it mixes genres and appeals to lots of people. Adventure, Puzzle, Action, Dungeon Crawler, Flight elements with that dragon thing, and RPG. A number of people who like all kinds of different games are fans of Zelda and love it.

Now as a PC gamer I know lots of people who think Halo and Halo 2 are average FPS at best. And thats them being nice. Does that mean people who gave Halo and Halo 2 9's and 10's are crazy fanboys. No of course not.

It's not that Zelda TP is the best game ever. Its that so many people who are fanboys of this game are people who love all kinds of different genres as well. Except for fans of shooter games or games where the story is skipable or unimportant. People like that I just don't understand.

In the end I think its that people play games for different reasons. I personally think theres to much to do in Elder Scrolls: Oblivian and it detracts from the game as it can be hard to find or get to the parts of the game that I like. I've played the series since Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall. And I think the game also is to much of the same. Except for better graphics and a few small additions its the same game as all the previous ones.

I think so many people expected Zelda to be the Best Game Ever that it hurt the game a lot.

Can you contact me? I'd like to be on the next CAGCast or something. I think I have a bit to contribute.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#989 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

To Wombat.

I remember you saying in a much earlier CAGCast that you play the guitar. What type of music do you enjoy playing? And what is your favorite song to play?
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#990 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

What is it with you and robocop cheapy? Why is he so bad ass? Why do you have such a man crush on him?