• Please log in to reply
6670 replies to this topic

#1261 qpid

qpid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:30 PM

Hi Cheapy and Wombat,

Both of you seem to be PC users and seem well versed in the PC world. My question is have either of you tried using an apple computer and how do you feel about the future of gaming on the platform. I know they have about 5% market share but a lot of reports are showing that it is on the upswing. Please no jokes about how the only games are photoshop.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

#1262 dyreschlock

dyreschlock

import friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:29 AM

Howdy Cheapy, which of the 3 main stream japanese beers is your favorite: Asahi, Kirin, or Sapporo?
Games List (updated, use mozilla)
Support Lisp | Ban Cobol | Love Java

#1263 Lobsterjohnson

Lobsterjohnson

Can't stop, won't stop.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:50 AM

Ok, I'll reword the question to avoid getting anyone upset. In response to Wombat's comments on the "Rock Band" coverage:

Do you guys think that certain gaming publications are getting paid to virally report on certain games? Take Penny-Arcade's "Rock Band" comic. We know nothing about the game and they've already told their fans to be pysched about it.

#1264 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:53 AM

Ok, I'll reword the question to avoid getting anyone upset. In response to Wombat's comments on the "Rock Band" coverage:

Do you guys think that certain gaming publications are getting paid to virally report on certain games? Take Penny-Arcade's "Rock Band" comic. We know nothing about the game and they've already told their fans to be pysched about it.

Tsh, probably more an issue of independent news sites being full of shit and nobody calling them on it because they themselves are full of shit, too.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#1265 qbkorso

qbkorso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:28 AM

I know this is a really stupid newb question. However, I can't seem to find the answer. Anyways, What does OP mean? You alway here CAGers say thanks OP.

#1266 Stuttering Billy

Stuttering Billy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:32 AM

Hi Cheapy and Wombat,

I would like to here what Wombat and yours thoughts on developers pretty much pulling a "Madden" in the next gen, by slowly adding in options that we had in past gens game -
*Amped 3 has zero multilayer where Amped 2 did
*Tony Hawk Project 8 having less custom skater options then in TH2
*GoW, RB6:Vegas, GRAW having zero Clan support/less multilayer options where Ghost Recon on xbox and PS2 did. Then putting clan support in GRAW 2 as some major highlight
*Splinter Cell Double Agent had co-op pulled out (best part of a game that has had the exact same game play since Splinter Cell 1)
*Guitar Hero 2 ships with no multilayer while Rockband and Guitar Hero 3 will.

With the news that Guitar Hero 3 will have a wireless guitar and online multiplayer this just futhers my complaint that companies are lazy and think they only way people will buy a new game in the seires is if they add one new skill/trick/move per game(The Tony Hawk series is a prefect example).

#1267 destro713

destro713

Anti-"Backslash" Activist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

A question for Cheapy:

One of my recent obsessions has been the search for the perfect shave. Though I do not shave my head , it seems like head-shavers always have the best shaving tips because they have so much more surface area to cover. What's your preferred shaving ritual? Do you use different methods for your head and your face? Do you consider yourself a particularly well-shaven man?

I know these have nothing to do with cheap-ass gaming but we both know that 99.926% of all CAGcast listeners are men, so this is important, dammit.
The only thing allowed to interrupt me is death itself!

#1268 smalien1

smalien1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

What are your thoughts on people who obsess about cover art and bitch about greatest hits boxes?
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/pinthesink]Posted Image
[/URL]

#1269 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

CheapyD, Wombat, why not have a Digg the CAGcast contest? I feel bad because I only just got around to it myself, but if you gave me the possibility of winning sweet sweet loot my cheapass would have done it in an instant! You could verify the winner Dugg the CAGcast by requiring the winner to sign up for Digg using their CAG username. People who have Digg accounts already might have to sign up for a second one but I'm sure they wouldn't mind for the chance of winning say a Wii, or a healthy sum of playasia credit. Maybe run it for like a month.

I think you'd destroy Major Nelson if you did this!

#1270 weevles

weevles

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

One of my favorite game developers is Capcom. What did you guys think about all the latest announcements from Capcom this past week? Any hits or misses? Do you think Capcom has the right balance of new IP to go along the requisite cross-platform and re-releases they seem to love, or are they not doing enough original games to bring in new audiences?

Also, Cheapy, can you find out when the next Play Asia 20% off sale is? I wants an import PS2. :D

#1271 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:17 AM

Why does thorbahn3 ask so many questions? ;)

#1272 btlcjackburton

btlcjackburton

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

Dear Cheapy and Wombat

With the latest dashboard update on Xbox Live, do you think Microsoft is skipping over the gamers and doing more to entice younger people over to the 360? I know the teenagers love the text messaging.

Rather than focus on text, don't you think Microsoft would be better served to work on something most of the Xbox Live Gold members might care about such as improved voice chat? What do you think they should concentrate on?

#1273 MrDemonicAngel

MrDemonicAngel

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

Dear Cheapy and Wombat

With the latest dashboard update on Xbox Live, do you think Microsoft is skipping over the gamers and doing more to entice younger people over to the 360? I know the teenagers love the text messaging.

Rather than focus on text, don't you think Microsoft would be better served to work on something most of the Xbox Live Gold members might care about such as improved voice chat? What do you think they should concentrate on?

correct me if i'm wrong but Microsoft is improving the voice chat along with this update...your supposed to be able to talk to multiple people at the same time...sorta like a "chat room"
also...Cheapy...seems like MS heard you complaining...a while back you wished that the 360 would have a auto power off feature after it finishes downloading...

do you feel like Nintendo is pretty much screwing people over with the lack of games for the wii?
going into what Wombat said about the DS being so successful and why Wii isnt just expanding on it...i think that people would want a brand new game rather than a port...

as far as PS3 goes...Cheapy...since you have the system...do you think its "WORTH" $600? is the system that powerful and great that paying $600 is ok? besides the lack of games...(cuz that'll change in due time) could this system justify spending that much money or could this system have been priced differently and be "worth" that new price...

#1274 TheTrueSephiroth

TheTrueSephiroth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

Hey guys, first time poster, keep up the good work. I was just wondering what types of movies you guys are into? Besides Wombat mentioning that he liked Grindhouse and Cheapy's non-sexual(?) obsession with Robo Cop, you guys have been pretty negative about any movies you've talked about on the show ("300" for example). Just wondering what some of your favorites are.

#1275 Finn123

Finn123

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

Cheapy and Wombat

I write in defense of cut scenes in response to Wombat's statement that if a game uses cut scenes, the game isn't doing its job in telling the story.

I just finished God of War, yes the first one, over the weekend. I put it at the top of the list of games that have beautiful cut scenes (rendered in this case) and are truly integral to advancing the story. I can't imagine the story of Kratos being told any other way. Does anyone really think that story colud of have told any other way? The approach also added the cinematic feel the developers wanted to boot.

Sure that's one example and some game blow it in their implementation. In short, the in-game cinematics should be judged like graphics, gameplay, multi-player implementation, etc.; on how they add or detract from the enjoyment of the game. It is that simple.

Wombat should loosen up on this one.

Dr. Strangepork

#1276 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:21 PM

I have a question for Cheapy.

I was sittin on MySpace reading some bulletins my friends made, and this one guy who I went to high school with lives in Japan now, had filled out one of them stupid surveys. Ya know "Favorite Gum?! "Favorite Teacher?!" (Yeah, THOSE stupid surveys..) But one of the question was "On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?" and his answer was "0%! It's not allowed here!". Now I'm not sure if you talked about this before, but if you could maybe answer..WHY???

Kinda funny how in other cultures leaving a tip is wrong, and in America you get talked about if you leave a small tip/none at all!

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#1277 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

I know this is a really stupid newb question. However, I can't seem to find the answer. Anyways, What does OP mean? You alway here CAGers say thanks OP.

OP = Original Poster aka the person that started the thread.
Posted Image

#1278 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

This question is more for the "Your Man In Japan" segment than the regular videogame news and discussion.

Just the other day, I was watching Jaws on the Universal HD station and, for some reason, I thought Quint's "I'm talking about SHARKING!!" line to be hilarious. It's odd because I never thought it was funny before.

Fast forward to today, and out of curiosity, I google'd 'sharking' to get this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharking

Which lead me to something very odd indeed:

Sharking refers to a form of malicious prank that has supposedly become fairly popular in Japan. In the act of sharking, the perpetrator sneaks up on a victim in a public area in open view and forcefully exposes the victim's intimate parts to be seen by the public for a brief moment before running away. It is very similar to the common schoolyard prank of pantsing practiced by bullies, although sharking is done for the sexual stimulation of the perpetrator, whereas pantsing is done solely for the humiliation of the victim.

My questions are:

1. What the Fuck is wrong with Japanese people?!

2. Cheapy, have you ever been the Sharker or the Sharkee?

Posted Image

#1279 lspear76

lspear76

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:24 AM

Why is Wombat so negative about the Virtual Console? In the past few weeks you've both been complaining about the Wii having few good games, yet I've been busy playing retro classics such as. Splatterhouse, New Adventure Island, Sword of Vermillion, Gunstar Heroes, Starfox 64, Kirby's Adventure and more, all one small system. It's the ultimate nostalgia trip for true videogame fans.

One a side note, Wombat constantly complains these retro games are too expensive, yet he regularly gets raped by Gamestop on "trade in 2 games get 1 free" deals. It doesn't make a lick of sense to slowly bleed money into Gamestop. Thus, Wombat seems to be neither a collector of games or an appreciator of game history. So why's he on the show at all? He's broke, stupid, and annoying.

kind regards,
LSpear76

#1280 rywateska

rywateska

Sorry for partying.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:55 AM

HEY, ANSWER THIS ONE!

Cheapy D, can you please answer as to why Rich Uncle Pennybag's (aka Mr. Monopoly) has NOT RETURNED to Cheap Ass Gamer? He's been missing for a long time. As of this post, 81% of users who remember him want him back. Link'd here>
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=133839

*Note that Wombat was cranky and, "that guy", in voting (in the 19% minority) that he did not want Mr. Monopoly back

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1281 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:39 AM

Hey Wombat,

After hearing about your fascination with RWii4, I was just wondering if you've tried GameCube backwards compatability on your Wii?

#1282 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:29 AM

How do you feel about Sega nabbing the Marvel license from Activision a.k.a. no Ultimate Alliance 2 for Wombat ever!?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#1283 king masters

king masters

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

You know how some reviews say things like "its more of the same" or "you've played this game thousand times before" and the game gets a lower the score because of it. What I was thinking is that the new game should not get a lower score than the frist one just because it's just like the first one.

A few Dynasty Warriors games have actually gotten lower scores than the first game in the series because its more of the same. My thinking is if it is the same as the last game it would get the same score, but it doesn't beacuse the frist one was new and you never play anything like it.

Which brings me to my next point, people that have played bejeweled to death were not so happy with puzzle quest. I have never played bejeweled, I own puzzle quest and I think it is the best game for the psp bar none. So I guess I'm saying someone that is not exposed to an over use gameplay macanic will mostly like alot more just like someone who has never had a 360 but does have a ps3 will get much more enjoyment out of the ps3.

very sorry if didn't even ask a question through all that I just post somthing I thought up and though was interseting, I await people to tell me "well duh"
to all of that thank you.
[URL="http://videogames.internationalcyberweb.com/"][/URL]

#1284 MrDemonicAngel

MrDemonicAngel

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

cheapyd and wombat....who do you think is the most unbiased videogame critic...as you mentioned before cheapyd, someone who gives 8/10 for motorstorm a game that should have been on the ps2 obviously is getting a little sumsum on the d/l
i forget if which critic it was but that person gave Fusion Frenzy 2 something higher than a 5...dont remember too well cuz i almost had a heartattack when i saw it...

#1285 king masters

king masters

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

thats nothing I saw a someone give smart bomb for the psp an 8 and that game should get a .00001
[URL="http://videogames.internationalcyberweb.com/"][/URL]

#1286 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:57 PM

CheapyD, Wombat, why not have a Digg the CAGcast contest? I feel bad because I only just got around to it myself, but if you gave me the possibility of winning sweet sweet loot my cheapass would have done it in an instant! You could verify the winner Dugg the CAGcast by requiring the winner to sign up for Digg using their CAG username. People who have Digg accounts already might have to sign up for a second one but I'm sure they wouldn't mind for the chance of winning say a Wii, or a healthy sum of playasia credit. Maybe run it for like a month.

I think you'd destroy Major Nelson if you did this!

ok I agree this is slightly shady. how about Wombat endures one meatspin on the CAGcast for every new Digg that has happened in the past week? This would have the same sick fascination as the "dunk the clown" game, except it would be more like "meatspin the wombat". Surely he'd take a few meatspins to surmount ronald mcnelson. eww...

#1287 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

we all know Cheapy is a hardcore Robocop toy collector, but does Wombat have anything that he enjoys collecting? don't be shy! :D
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#1288 gmoney1234567890

gmoney1234567890

Captain Canuck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:40 AM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat. Love the show, been a listener since #1 back in the day.
My question is: is there a way I can split the cagcast, or mp3s in general, into "chunks" or pieces? I love listening to the show, but its annoying stopping it when I go into my english class, only to realize I'll have to stand around for 8 minutes to fast forward to that 70 minute spot I was at. Any tips would be great. Keep up the good work.

Oh, and Wombat, the Prestige WAS better than the Illusionist!\

Thanks,
G$

UPDATE: ALRIGHT, LUCKY #1289!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boosh!

#1289 Blaine

Blaine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:07 AM

Cheapy,

As a rabid fan of Suda Goichi (Suda51) you can't imagine my frustration at being not able to attend the recent Zombie VS. Snake 2 even in Japan. Not only staring Suda, but Kojima, Mikami and Mizguchi.

All for a paltry 2500 yen.

My frustration could only be topped by my incredulity should you not take advantage of these Grasshopper Manufacture events in the future.

Odds are, these meetings are exponentially more interesting than most game conventions. The DigitalLife convention or.... a sit down with the creators of Killer7, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Lumines and Shadow of The Collosus.

Is there any doubt that these are worthwhile events to cover? Hell, they announced the sequal to Snatcher!

Cheapy, you gotta take advantage of your unique position. As much as I enjoy the giveaways and contests - covering one of these meetups would be ten times the gift for me.

What are the odds of you making the next one, whenever it is?

#1290 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:57 AM

What is your guy's opinion of Folding@home?