how much can you get Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4
ill paypal asap if you can get it less than 50$

#122 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:23 PM

Wombat and Cheapy,

How do you guys feel about the $59.99 collector$ editions of games, and the sixty dollar price tag of most 360 games? How can a true cheapass gamer remove the guilt of buying a premium game?

As it grows near the end of the year, it could be time for reflection...

What were you biggest gaming suprises/disappointments of 2005?

Favorite films of the past year?
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#123 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:26 PM

Also, it sounds like you guys are in/near your third decade of life...

How do you guys explain your gaming habit to non-gamers? I always feel uncomfortable being a 32 year old professional when non-gamers see my 'crib'. I usually feel like the 40 year old virgin...
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#124 bullseyetm

bullseyetm

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

I think way way WAY back in CAGCast #11 Cheapy said he went to college in Western NY and, as a result, knows good Buffalo Wings.

Which leaves the question, Duff's or the Anchor Bar?

#125 bullseyetm

bullseyetm

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:49 PM

I suppose something game-related...

1) What do you think of the X-Box 360's choice of backwards compatibility? Is not being able to play new X-Box (1) games, such as Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones a problem?

2) Do you think the overheating/bug issues of the X-Box 360 hold any weight, or is it all a smear campaign? I remember those videos of the PSP with the cart jumping out of the system, and can personally say that has never happened to me.

#126 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:51 PM

What has been your best gaming deal? (not including freebies)

#127 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:55 PM

Assuming the 360 was actually released in Japan on December 10, how did the Japanese system launch differ from what you had expected given the country's ongoing apathy toward all things Xbox? Are there any launch games that actually cater to Japanese tastes this time around? Is there any hope for the 360 in Japan?

#128 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:50 AM

This is more of a suggestion than a question, but you should interview or feature the new mods on the show, or for that matter any or all of the mods. I'd like to know what makes these people tick and learn from their wisdom about all things in moderation.

#129 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:15 AM

Why aren't sweet deals ever posted on the front page anymore? All I ever see is ad's for events on the site or you plugging some charity or other event. I remember last year some of the best deals were posted on the front page nearly everyday. Lots of them thanks to CrashSpyro123 and NintendoFanGirl IIRC.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#130 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

I think way way WAY back in CAGCast #11 Cheapy said he went to college in Western NY and, as a result, knows good Buffalo Wings.

Which leaves the question, Duff's or the Anchor Bar?

I know we aren't going to answer this one on the show, so I'll answer it here.

I see you are from Rochester ( I went to UR), you probably know this place.
The Distillery

#131 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:03 PM

What gaming franchises (or games made by certain development teams) do you not mind paying full price for?

For me, I've never been dissappointed by a Nintendo or Blizzard made game.

#132 bullseyetm

bullseyetm

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

I know we aren't going to answer this one on the show, so I'll answer it here.

I see you are from Rochester ( I went to UR), you probably know this place.
The Distillery

I like the Distillery (my wife likes it more), but being a UB alumni I get the craving for Duff's every now and then.

Oh, and Go Yellowjackets (her alma matter and current employer)! It truly is a small world.

#133 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:47 PM

Have either of you guys tried gametap or were you blowing smoke up that guy's butt at Digital Life?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#134 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

If you are taking questions for the next CAGcast, then I have a couple directed at Cheapy:

How has your opinion changed (or remained the same) about Jack Thompson, since the Hot Coffee mod?

Also, do you feel that you still have all the freedoms you had in America, in Japan?

Thanks.

#135 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

Do you make any money being the owner of CAG?
Posted Image

#136 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

Besides posting deals on the main page, maintaining the server, formatting the site for ease of use and hosting CAGcasts, what other tasks are involved in running Cheapassgamer? Does it fill up your entire work week and then some?

OK, if you don't want to answer that, at least give me this one: Are you the tallest person in the entire country and if so when are you taking over?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#137 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:13 AM

Have either of you had a time where you were just sick of playing games for a period of time?
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#138 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:23 PM

New CAGcast tonight...last call for questions for this week's show!

#139 H-Town Info

H-Town Info

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

so what are ur first impressions of the ur new 360? Of the games u have, which 360 game has impressed u the most and what features do u like the best on the 360?
Posted Image

It never ends and there's always somebody out there with better shit than you, explain this to him while you put your foot in his ass. Violence is the only answer sometimes. Most of the time. All the time.

#140 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

If you were able to be in charge of programming at G4TV what would your programming lineup include?
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.

#141 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:31 PM

You named Gametap 'best in show' at E3 do you play on Gametap much still? Do you think the xbox 360 live (arcade) will negatively effect the growth of Gametap?
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.

#142 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:03 PM

How much ass could a cheap ass kick if a cheap ass could kick ass?

#143 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:10 PM

Besides The Icon JimmieMac, are you guys ever going to have other guests on the show?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#144 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:11 AM

Cheapy: Besides the stuff we see on the internet about the Japanese gaming scene, what other differences have you noticed so far? maybe in prices, types of games, company prescence etc.

#145 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:58 AM

Cheapy: How much of the forums do you keep up with? Do you read a lot of OTT stuff or mainly focus on the deals threads? Also, are there any users (without naming names) that you personally can't stand on the site and cringe every time you see one of their posts?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#146 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:43 AM

It seems like it has been forever that people on message boards have been predicting that Nintendo will go 3rd party ala Sega since the Gamecube finished in 3rd place in the minds of many. Do you think this prediction is sound or a bunch of BS?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#147 atomsk

atomsk

A van down by the river

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:34 AM

Cheapy: can you ask wombat to stop making so many lame jokes?

#148 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:18 PM

2 Questions:

In this past cagcast you mentioned the PSP load times which I can't stand either. Do you guys ever feel as if gaming hardware design is going backwards? Being a gamer since the days of the 2600 there's just something to be said about turning the power on and playing. I just find it really odd that the xbox hard drive which was a good way to reduce loading times is now an option with the 360.

You also mentioned Gametap and XBOX Live Arcade which you thought were good ideas. Do you think the downloadable old-school Nintendo games will help the Revolution? I like the idea of having 20 years of games under the hood of one system. It's obvious with all of the collections and services like gametap there is definitely a market for old-school gaming goodness. I sort of agree with Wombat though about paying for it...I think I would rather pay say $5 to a download a game (ex: gauntlet on the xbox 360) once rather than $15 a month for the rest of my life to play what I want to. Especially since I could probably pick up an old system and a game on the cheap.

#149 Kingjay89

Kingjay89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:58 PM

Just as a gut feeling, what are looking forward to more: Killzone 2 or Halo 3?

#150 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:30 AM

Around four months ago there was a Best Buy clearance sale. I ran into a fellow CAG. He was picking up multiple copies of games that were cheap as "trade-in fodder towards a 360." I knew I couldn't do anything about it so I said nothing, but I was hoping you could call for all CAGs to use the site responsible and not gobble up all the deals like a greedy pig, no matter how cheap the game is.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler