CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6631 replies to this topic

#1801 CMorrigu

CMorrigu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

re: this week's video game 'best of' front page post...

Uh what? No TRU ad with the better Zelda deal?

CC has Zelda with a $10 kit free

TRU has Zelda with a $20 guide book free

Seems like you're steering us wrong, Cheapy.

#1802 Sideshow

Sideshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

CheapyD and Wombat, I have sort of a weird question for you brought on by the last few CAGcasts I've listened to. How jewish are you two? I notice that Wombat has barmitzvahs, commented on you following Germans into a booth by yourself and knows some Hebrew phrases for what I assume is "Happy New Year" but though Cheapy who I assume is also jewish by his mom wishing him a happy new jew year, but doesn't seem to notice or care for Jewish holidays. So, is Wombat like Superjew while Cheapy you try to forget you're jewish?

Not knocking either of you or the show. It's still the best podcast out there.

#1803 ZeroGrav

ZeroGrav

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:59 PM

CheapyD...what do yo uthink about buying a refurbished xbox360 rather than a brand new one?

#1804 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:12 AM

CheapyD and Wombat, I have sort of a weird question for you brought on by the last few CAGcasts I've listened to. How jewish are you two? I notice that Wombat has barmitzvahs, commented on you following Germans into a booth by yourself and knows some Hebrew phrases for what I assume is "Happy New Year" but though Cheapy who I assume is also jewish by his mom wishing him a happy new jew year, but doesn't seem to notice or care for Jewish holidays. So, is Wombat like Superjew while Cheapy you try to forget you're jewish?

Not knocking either of you or the show. It's still the best podcast out there.

I made a statement similar to this with the lunch with CheapyD segments with him eating a ham sandwich and ham on his pizza from Domino's. Also both cheapyd and wombat refer to Christmas. There fore I think that neither of them are those militant Jews who won't eat anything nonkosher or scream at people in public when someone says Merry Christmas. I live in a medium size town in PA where Jews are few and far between, but the one I know at work is a hard core militant jew who has spraypainted a Star of David over the a work posting of a paper Christmas Tree on the bulletin board. Watch out for those people, their mission in life is to make life difficult for all.
Posted Image Posted Image

#1805 GreySpear

GreySpear

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:05 AM

Just a quick question for the both of you, Cheapy and Wombat. How much time do either of you spend a week playing games, and how much do you spend on putting the CAGcast together?

#1806 Sideshow

Sideshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:45 AM

I made a statement similar to this with the lunch with CheapyD segments with him eating a ham sandwich and ham on his pizza from Domino's. Also both cheapyd and wombat refer to Christmas. There fore I think that neither of them are those militant Jews who won't eat anything nonkosher or scream at people in public when someone says Merry Christmas. I live in a medium size town in PA where Jews are few and far between, but the one I know at work is a hard core militant jew who has spraypainted a Star of David over the a work posting of a paper Christmas Tree on the bulletin board. Watch out for those people, their mission in life is to make life difficult for all.

I mean I knew neither of them were like mega jewish nazi style. Only marry jews, only watch stuff produced by jews etc, but I was just wondering how wombat would rate himself as a jew. Also, my question isn't to bash the jewish religion, either, but for some reason it just seems that even though both are jewish, they both have opposing views on most everything jewish related. I just found that interesting.

#1807 RyanTheGNR

RyanTheGNR

There Was A Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:29 AM

Perhaps this question has been asked before, but Im a bit too lazy to look through the pages.What are your favorite novels/books Cheapy and Wombat?

My favorite book of all time is Frank Herbert's Dune.
Posted Image

#1808 metalmat

metalmat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:19 AM

Have you thought about changing the name of Cheap Ass Gamer just to CAG in the future, kind of like what KFC did to Kentucky Fried Chicken. I think it is stupid that companies avoid you for the word "Ass" but you have to keep it real sometimes and changing the name to just CAG would help get more press in the future. Keep up the good work cheapy D & wombat, peace.
Who Dat said they gonna beat them Saints?
Posted Image

#1809 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:30 AM

What do you think of the new MGS dialogue vids that are for SSBB? ( http://www.smashbros...n_us/index.html )
Also, have you (CheapyD) been back to that Go meeting since the last time you talked about it?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#1810 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

re: this week's video game 'best of' front page post...

Uh what? No TRU ad with the better Zelda deal?

CC has Zelda with a $10 kit free

TRU has Zelda with a $20 guide book free

Seems like you're steering us wrong, Cheapy.

This post would have been a lot more helpful in my PM box :(

#1811 ALLoGISTIC1

ALLoGISTIC1

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat! Cheapy, when are we going to see some more video silliness, surely you have aquired some new toys or expericened some new japanese craziness. These are quite entertaining and I love annoying my wife with them. Plus, they seem to reach an audience beyond the cag community and perhaps even draw new members/listeners. How about you Wombat? Any comic statue unboxings in your furture?
Thou shalt not partake of Decaf :pray:

#1812 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:57 AM

So Cheapy did you get this yet?

http://www.amazon.co...anandscathed-20

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#1813 linkpwns

linkpwns

Oh hey guys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

I have a question for ya Cheapy. Have you ever read the video game reviews section of the forums? One my my favorite reviewers on the forum seems to be chacrana. He is a long time user, and a very through reviewer. Why don't you send some of the review (or evaluation) copies of the games from companies to review for the front page? I think it is a great idea honestly.

Oh, and I am not a clone account of Chacrana, I've been registered for almost a year now. Of course he didn't tell me to post anything like this BTW. :p
Posted Image

#1814 SoNiC1023

SoNiC1023

About treefiddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

Hey cheapy I heard in cagcast 92 that your baby is due on the 26th? My birthday is on the 23rd. I would feel awesome if your baby was born earlier (born earlier as in not bad premature stuff) on my birthday. Maybe you could get everyones birthday thats on you babies birthday and announce them on the cagcast after your babies birth. Think about it!
Posted Image

#1815 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:15 PM

what is the coolest video game collectible in your collection?
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#1816 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:47 PM

Hey Wombat, how about playing some guitar on the CAGcast?
Posted Image Posted Image

#1817 Dikkiedik

Dikkiedik

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:18 PM

I just joined the CAG and listened to three episodes. I think its funny and i will listen to it from now on. I had a question about Killzone 2. Because im from the Netherlands where the game is made we get a lot of info about it that it is all awesome and positive. I learned from the first version (where they did the same) that it was seriously overhyped (at least here). The game was ok (very lineair and grey) but definetly not even close to for example halo. So are u guys looking forward to it and what did u guys think of the first one? Because i desperately need an excuse to buy a ps3 but cant find one.

#1818 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

Do you guys think that the current Limited/Special/Collector's Editions of games offer enough extras to justify the branding and cost?

Since 99.9% of today's Limited/Special/Collector's Editions pretty much include a "Making of" DVD and artbook, this seems more like a norm than something for a Collector. Look at Persona 3 for example.

#1819 CloudANDTidus

CloudANDTidus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

Do you guys think Sony has gone to far with the million new SKUs, ranging from those who have hardware backwards compatibility, software backwards compatibility, no backwards compatibility, wireless in the box, no wireless in the box and a other missing or extra features.

I know they all have hard drives but isn't this going to far? I know Microsoft says choice is everything but it gets to the point where customers just get confuddled. :S

Is the 40GB/no PS2 games PS3 a good idea? Or desperation?

#1820 mydogisdexter

mydogisdexter

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat.

I recently bought a PS3 60GB for the Blu-Ray (and to kill time while waiting for RRoD repair #4 on my 360. Yes, #4).

I was going to wait for the 40GB version, but found out it is not going to be backward compatible. Huh?

Wait. Are they really trying to sell a half-assed console that will not play any of the 35 games you bought for their last console? If there was not BC on my 60GB, I'd be playing the Skate demo over and over again (oh, wait, that's what I am doing).

I loved my PS2. Why is Sony stepping on the dicks of their fans?

Help me Cheapy, you are my only hope.

#1821 ALLoGISTIC1

ALLoGISTIC1

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:01 AM

Hey, Cheapy and wombat! Cheapy, I was catching up some older casts I missed and you mentioned owning a Ti99/4A. I was also a proud owner of said machine, well maybe not proud...anyway, Do you remember a magazine called Compute? Every month it had pages of code you could type in manually, and after several hours of typing you could play a real life free bad game! maybe microsoft could have xboxlive free bad game code tuesdays! you have to type in the code yourself, but hey its free!!! Hunt the Wumpus FTW!
Thou shalt not partake of Decaf :pray:

#1822 jonnyflash

jonnyflash

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:59 PM

I noticed that you guys played the MTV Multiplayer clip explaining how to pronounce Reggie's name, but I haven't heard you say anything about Ubisoft's similar clip. You didn't mention it on the last show, but on the show before last were still saying it Oo-Bee-Soft. Have you seen this is or is another example of the Mar-e-o/Mare-e-o phenomena?

http://multiplayerbl...al-explanation/
The SuperCandid Podcast! Reviews of the latest, greatest, and not-so greatest Christian movies. Do they all really suck or does it just seem that way? Tune in to find out.

Add me on Wii Connect 24 and any of the DS games I have listed! Friend Codes suck, but it looks like we're stuck so might as well bend over for them.

#1823 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:29 AM

I just recently starting listen to the podcast. I really love it and I joined Digg just to support you guys. Anyway, I realized that your show somehow jogged a faint memory in my mind. Do either one of you remember an episode of Captain N that featured "Wombatman"? :-)
Posted Image

Xbox Live: catapult27
Now playing: Batman AA, The Witcher
Need to Finish: Far Cry 2
Up Next: InFamous 2 (hype!!)

#1824 Sideshow

Sideshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

Live show?
Posted Image

#1825 Sideshow

Sideshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

Live show?

Shortest CAGbag question ever.
Posted Image

#1826 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

Is Halo 3 worth $60 for the single player game and maybe about an hour a week on multiplayer?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1827 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:41 PM

I noticed that you guys played the MTV Multiplayer clip explaining how to pronounce Reggie's name, but I haven't heard you say anything about Ubisoft's similar clip. You didn't mention it on the last show, but on the show before last were still saying it Oo-Bee-Soft. Have you seen this is or is another example of the Mar-e-o/Mare-e-o phenomena?

http://multiplayerbl...al-explanation/

I didn't realize Ubi ever did a clip!

U-Bee-Soft is the correct pronunciation as in ubiquitous... Yup. ;-)

It's like the old Final Fantasy games "Fig-a-row" or "FIG-AR-O" (obviously the first, but I remember friends saying both). The wonder of the English language!
-Michael

Posted Image

#1828 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

Is Halo 3 better than resistance? CheapyD/Wombat strip away the names when you answer that, and try to look at what each game offers (i.e. 40player online max vs 16 online max) tell us what you think.
Posted Image

#1829 Kromax

Kromax

CAG for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

Including the CAGcast, I listen to a few other video games podcasts every week (hey, it's either that or read a book on my hour long LIRR commute). I've been a bit surprised at everyone's deference to the Halo 3 players in terms of not revealing any spoilers, particularly the ending. (Major Nelson has REALLY danced around even the smallest detail in his podcasts.) I for one, was very appreciative, but here we are now two weeks post release, and everybody is still giving "spoiler free" podcasts. True, not everyone has played through the campaign (especially the unlucky red ring victims), but come on already...can't we talk about it yet? If not now, when?

I never remember such deference being given to a video game--heck not even a movie.

Noah "Kromax" Kromaksian

PS, Thanks for the CAGBand.
1 Wife
2 Kids
2 Xboxes
1 PS3
1 Wii
3 PSPs

#1830 Hot Sizzle

Hot Sizzle

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:15 PM

Hey cheapy, I'll be traveling to tokyo pretty soon and wanted to know which places you'd recommend for a gamer to check out like stores or arcades. I'll also be checking out the toilet museum, so do you know of any other weird places i just gotta visit? And any tips or phrases that i'll need for a traveling gaijin like me is appreciated.